A Promise To Keep (Completed)

By shinyjaiswal

Everyone knows Gulf Kanawut as a playboy who doesn't like to commit to a relationship. He had string of love... More

Characters
Break Up
Desperate Indeed
Prank
Foolish Mistake
Lurking in the Shadow
Breaking Point
Falling For Him
Turn of Events
Faking It
Start of Something
Charity Event
Park Jimin
Domestic Violence
Tharn Type
Burned
Healing in Silence
Euphoria Masquerade
Lies after Lies
Taemin
Can I Die?
Turning Into Dust
Passionate Embrace
Glimmer Of Hope
Obsession
Mind Hacking
City Of Love
A Little Crush
Epilogue

Suspicious

1.7K 124 16
By shinyjaiswal

Gulf couldn't get Jimin's words out of his head. He found himself doubting Mew all the time. Mew has been kind to him all this time but still fake dating was weird in itself. It raised so many questions. He wanted to go and ask Mew directly but obviously he wouldn't admit to it even if it was the truth. He needed to find out on his own. He won't confront Mew until he had proof.

Mew was taking him out for dinner tonight as a thank you for helping him in that charity event. Gulf was chuffed and wanted to look good so he went shopping with Tine. They went to Phoenix Mall and were busy trying dozens of clothes when they spotted Mew and Lhong.

They were talking about something and laughing quite merrily. They didn't look like ex boyfriends. They looked close.

"Isn't that Mew? "

"Yeah."

"Who's with him? "

"Lhong."

"Friend? "

"Ex-bf and family friend."

"Are you jealous? "

"Why would I be? He's not actually my bf. I shouldn't care who he meets with."

"Right. I hope you actually realize that."

"You talk too much. Let's finish shopping. I'm getting tired."

"Sarawat proposed to me." Tine announced out of blue. Gulf almost tumbled down the stairs because of shock.

"When?"

"Last weekend. "

"Are you crazy? "

"Why would I be crazy? " Tine asked baffled.

"Why are you telling me that just now? Why didn't you let me know immediately? How could you keep it secret? You really are sneaky. Oh my god, I can't believe you actually didn't tell me for 6 days. Unbelievable."

"Gulf, stop being dramatic."

"I'm being DRAMATIC? My best friend of 15 years didn't bother to tell me that his crush proposed him, what do you expect me to do?"

"I haven't replied yet. I was still thinking it over. "

"TINE!!! You haven't replied to the guy for 6 DAYS? What's wrong with you? "

"Let's get out of here first. People are staring at us. I'm sure they think we are crazy."

"You are. "

They went to the food court and Gulf placed order of veg burger, French fries and cola.

"Now spill. "

"When you agreed for that fake dating, Sarawat had been calling and texting me a lot. We meet in college during lunch. We even went for movie once. When you went for that charity event with Mew, Sarawat took me out for dinner. He proposed me there. "

"Wow, how was it?  The proposal. "

"It was nice and sweet. I didn't think Sarawat could be sweet. His proposal was all my favorite lines from novels  and decoration of cafe was BTS themed-"

"I'm going to marry Sarawat." Gulf suddenly exclaimed.

"Huh? "

"I just heard BTS, do I need to hear anything else? "

"Gulf, you are something else." Tine couldn't help chuckling at his best friend's love for BTS.

"Is he an army? "

"No, apparently he thought that I was BTS fan. He saw my post on instagram where we both went for concert last year. "

"He insta-stalked you? "

"Apparently."

"He sounds cool. I can't believe you got a BTS themed proposal and I wasn't there. "

"Well it was my proposal so I don't think you should be anywhere near it."

"Why haven't you said yes to him? "

"I'm not sure yet. "

"About what?  You had crush on him for so long and now he likes you too so what are you waiting for?"

"It all seems too fast to me. I mean we haven't been talking for so long."

"Get to know him as his bf then. "

"I have this picture of him in my mind. I'm afraid it will break. "

"Tine, he can't always stay as your crush, can he? Don't put him on pedestal. He's not perfect and he doesn't have to be. As long as he puts effort to make you happy, I think it's okay to give it a try. "

"I understand that. I'm just afraid. What if it ends in heartbreak? "

"Then it does. Life would be so much easier if we knew how every relationship was going to end, right? But we don't know so we gamble. You win some, you lose some. No matter whether you win or lose, I'll be by your side."

"Gulf, you know you are the best? "

"Of course I know that. What would you do without me? "

"Let's date Gulf. " Both of them stared at each other for few seconds and then burst out laughing.

"I would rather jump off the cliff." Gulf said.

"I would rather have sharks eat me." Tine retorted.

"Gulf, I'm going to meet Sarawat and tell him my answer. Now that I have decided I can't wait to let him know."

"Go and get a boyfriend. And tell me the details later."

Gulf turned around to see Mew standing there.

"Oh, hi Mew. "

Mew had a stony expression on his face. He walked towards Gulf and tugged at his wrist to follow him.

"Weren't we meeting for dinner at 8?

".... "

"Where are we going? "

"..... "

"What we're you doing here? "

"...... "

"Mew, are you angry? Say something."

Mew turned around and glared at him  when they reached the parking lot.

"What?"

"Why are you not replying to me? "

"I don't want to. "

"Then I'm going. Bye. "

Mew pulled Gulf back and due to sudden force Gulf tumbled and fell. Mew tried to catch him but he wasn't fast enough. He scraped his knee and arm in process. His face hit the side of the car. It instantly bruised.

"Oh God, Gulf? Are you okay? Let me see. "

"Don't touch me."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't talk to me. I'm leaving now."

"Gulf, I'm so sorry. I didn't think you would fall. I was just stopping you from leaving."

"Whatever. I don't think I can make to thr dinner tonight. Bye Mew. " Gulf limped towards his car. He could feel stinging pain in his knee and arm. His head throbbing with headache.

Mew quickly picked up Gulf bridal style.

"What are you doing? "

"Taking you to doctor."

"I said I'm fine."

"You don't look fine. Please Gulf. Lets get you checked at hospital."

"Fine."

Mew gently lowered him in his car and went to driver's seat. He drove out of the mall and headed to the hospital. He wanted to hit himself. He couldn't believe he had caused pain to Gulf. It was entirely his fault. Gulf must be in so much pain.

"I'm so sorry Gulf."

"I said fine."

"No matter how much I apologize it's not enough."

"Mew, I'm okay. I'm not dying here."

"Don't ever talk about dying. It almost makes my heart stop."

'And when you say things like that it almost makes mine stop.' Gulf thought sadly.

"Why were you angry with me? "

"I wasn't angry with you. I was just being stupid. I heard Tine say to you that you guys should date."

"And? "

"I got jealous. "

"Why? "

"You are my boyfriend."

"Fake boyfriend."

"Y-yeah fake but still we are in a relationship right now."

"We were just joking around. Sarawat proposed to Tine, didn't you know that? "

"I know. He told me."

"Then? Tine had liked Sarawat for so long."

"I'm really stupid."

"That you are."

"I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing."

Mew couldn't forgive himself for hurting Gulf like this for such a silly reason. All he does is apologize to Gulf all the time. He was going to make it up to him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 6.9K 45
Gulf, drunk out of his wits, had a one night stand with a complete stranger. However, as much as he wants to forget about it, he never knew that the...
115K 7.1K 32
A man of strong moral and another of strong attitude meet. Gulfs biggest and most important moral is "Never let professional and personal intersect."...
8K 403 4
<< MewGulf Oneshot>> Mew and Gulf have been dating for a year now. Gulf is the owner of a globally known hotel and resort chain. Bubbly...
Debauve By nurix5

General Fiction

271K 14.5K 28
"You are going to stick with me until I get tired of you." Their first meeting was a disaster. Arrogant, no direction in life, huge money spender. Gu...