Where the heart belongs..

By authorsafiya

"Look at how hard it's beating!!" He said grabbing hold of my hand and placing it on my own heart, not lettin... More

Aesthetics
Chapter-1: Pilot.
Chapter-2: The Events.
Chapter-3: The Sport's Meet.
Chapter-4: The Talk.
Chapter-5: Holidays.
Chapter-6: Leaving.
Chapter-7: The Proposal.
Chapter-8: The Wait.
Chapter-9: InshaAllah
Chapter-10: Internals
Chapter-12: My wife, Zawjati.
Chapter-13: Say it.
Chapter-14: Dammit.
Chapter-15: Special.
Chapter-16: Missing.
Chapter-17: Preparations.
Chapter-18: Celebration.
Chapter-19: New Favorite.
Chapter-20: Verdict.
Chapter-21: A&M.
Chapter-22: Exception.
Chapter-23: Doomed.
Chapter-24: Fine.
Chapter-25: Treasured.
Chapter-26: Giddy.
Chapter-27: Uncertain.
Chapter-28: Family.
Chapter-29: Peaceful.
Epilogue: Where the heart belongs..

Chapter-11: The Exclusive Nikah!

622 38 33
By authorsafiya

"The whole world is a provision, and the best object of benefit of the world is the pious woman".

[Sahih Muslim Book 008, Hadith Number 3465]

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

✨Bismillah✨

If you haven't offered your salah and it's salah time then please pray and then return, do not delay your prayers.

iam_misba
fouziyasultana6
sumaiyasultana402
Arshfar18
syedsaad11141 and all the others...your comments and the votes keep me motivated.. JazakAllahu khairan kaseera

。⁠♡------------------ ♡⁠。

Maira

"Assalamualaikum!! I am home" I exclaim closing the door behind me, our tests are finally over and Amina, Zainab and me had a little after-test celebration at Amina's house as her parents are at her grand mom's place.

I furrow my brows when I don't hear any reply, going further in the house I see no one in the kitchen too. "Mama" I call out climbing up the first step.

"Boo" Usmaan yells from behind me causing me to slip on the stair and land my butt on it.

Where on earth did he come from?

I place my hand on my chest to stop the rapid beating of my heart all the while glaring at a guffawing Usmaan.

"You have to look at your face" he says still breathless from the stupid laugh.

"Wait I will just take a picture to see the look on your face whenever I feel the need to" he says digging his hands in his pocket looking for his phone.

"Wait till I get back to you" I say narrowing my eyes at him.

"When? After you get married to Adam and give me a peaceful life" he says grinning and sitting next to me.

"You seem to have forgotten that I will only leave after the walima which is after I graduate" I say rolling my eyes.

"Oh I had completely forgotten about it" he says feigning disappointment but I could see a hint of relief in his hazel eyes. "Anyway, I am going to change. Where are mama and baba by the way?"

"Baba was back early today, so they've gone for some grocery shopping."

I hum a reply and go to quickly change into a pair of comfy PJ's because it's already nearing dinner time and whats better than having dinner in pajamas.

As I'm about to open the door, my phone buzzes from where it's lying on the bed.

MARIAM- 'Assalamualaikum, how were your tests??'

It buzzes again before I could reply.

ALINA- 'Walaikumassalam'

ALINA- 'Test? I don't remember me having any tests'

ME- 'Walaikumassalam, and Alhamdulillah all my tests went good'

ALINA- 'Oh right that question wasn't for me'

MARIAM- 'Yes genius'

I walk down the stairs replying to their texts when a sweet aroma fills my nostrils.. "Pancakes, hmm?" I ask as Usmaan flips a pancake.

"Who said it was for you?"

I raise a brow "You are going let your little sister starve while you stuff your mouth with these goodies" I say pointing towards the pile of pancakes on the counter.

"I might have to warn Adam of your little manipulative tactics before hand" he says shaking his head lightly.

He places the plate of pancakes on the kitchen island as I take the chocolate syrup from the refrigerator and sit on the chair near the island.

"So...how were your tests?" he asks taking a bite of his food.

I nod unable to speak because of the food in my mouth "Alhamdulillah, it's the first test of this semester so there was not much to worry about."

"When are your friends coming then?" he asks and I raise my eyebrows suggestively.

"I was just trying to make a civil conversation, dumbhead" he says shoving me with his shoulder.

I almost trip off the chair before I balance myself. "A civil coversation can also happen without including Maria-- my friends" I say cheekily

He rolls his eyes and goes for the last pancake on the plate.

No way!

I put my fork on the pancake too.

"I cooked them so I deserve to have them" Usmaan says attempting to take it.

"You have already had enough to last for a month, so I am having this"

"I am a growing person and I need to have sufficient food for my well being"

I roll my eyes.

"If you grow any bigger, you will scare off all the people who crosses your path" I try to pull it from under his hand.

Baba appears out of nowhere and lifts the whole pancake easily from our hands.

"I deserve this more than anyone in this room" he says taking a bite.

"Oh yeah?" mama asks placing her hands on her hips and narrowing her eyes playfully.

"I meant the both of us" baba says quickly and puts a piece of it in mama's mouth.

Me and Usmaan share unamused glances and giggle quietly, taking the dishes to put in the sink.

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

I turn to the other side of the bed when I feel sprinkles of water on my face.

Why the hell is it raining in my bedroom??

Wait!! Raining in my bedroom!!

I sit up confusedly rubbing the sleep off my face when I hear familiar chuckles near me.

"What are you guys doing in my house at this hour?" I ask both Mariam and Alina who are now plopped down on the edge of my bed still snickering.

"One" Alina says showing her index finger.

"We can be at your house whenever we want"

"And two" now Mariam says pointedly

"It's almost afternoon so I think it's a perfectly appropriate time"

"I guess I established that in my first answer that we could be here anytime we want" Alina says turning toward Mariam.

"Yeah, I know you did. I just wanted to add something on my own" Mariam replies sheepishly.

"You guys are crazy now move out of my bed and let me freshen up" I say trying to stand up.

Alina gasps dramatically "We came early to suprise you and you didn't even give us a fake surprised reaction to make us happy" she pouts.

"I guess I would react to this surprise in a better way when I'm not having an emergency to use the toilet" I say getting up and going to the bathroom.

"Eww Maira, you didn't have to be so descriptive about everything" Alina shouts from the room.

I laugh loudly at her my best friend's antics.

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

"Come on Alina, wake up already" I say pulling the comforter off her as Mariam shakes her awake.

"You guys, how can you be up so early? We literally slept after fajr" Alina groan pulling back her comforter.

It's been two days since these guys have come home and we have bought a wedding dress for me. It's a beautiful outfit if I say so myself. A long pearl white gown with a floor length cape upon it and both are embedded with delicate pearls. And of course a pearl white hijab and a detachable niqab of the same color.

"Alina we are having a girls day out today if you have forgotten" Mariam speaks cutting me out of my trance.

"It can start a bit later" Alina mumbles out through the comforter.

"No it can't, Usman is dropping us and he will have to leave in an hour" Mariam explains

"Who is dropping us?" Alina asks peeking through the blanket.

Mariam rolls her eyes "I'm sure that's not the only part which you heard"

Alina snickers and sits up "Yeah but that did it!! See, I am awake now."

"Girls hurry up! Usman is ready to leave." Mama comes and places the tray of breakfast on the small table near the couch.

"Shukran mama and we'll be there in 15 mins"

"Barakallahu feeki, okay I'll let him know"

"Do not eat up my breakfast too" Alina yells as she locks the bathroom door.

"We sure will" Mariam calls out and we both chuckle.

We are apparently going out today as Mariam says that we didn't have any alone time though we are staying up just chatting almost half of the night since the day they've come. I also have to purchase some accessories to go on the dress which we bought earlier--

"Okay guys we are good to go" Alina says faking a bold accent.

All of us put on our niqabs and Mariam grabs a jacket because she feels extra cold today.

"I literally feel like a chauffeur. Why don't anyone of you come and sit in the passenger seat?" Usman asks as he puts his seat-belt on.

Me and Alina nudge Mariam who is sitting in the between of us.

"Shut up" she mutters shoving our arms away.

"You basically are our chauffeur for today" I say looking at Usman.

"Say that again and you will be out of the car that instant" Usman threatens causing us to laugh.

He smiles lightly looking in the rear view mirror. I raise an eyebrow when I look at the direction he is looking at. Mariam's laughing figure. And he says that I am the delusional one.

Usman drops us off at a mall and we quickly grab our coffees from the coffee shop at the entrance to keep our day going.

And hence, our girl's day out goes by skimming through every product in almost all the shops of the mall, playing all sorts of games in the 'game zone' and finally filling our tired and empty bellies with lots and lots of food.

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

I close the Quran and keep it in its prescribed place. It's almost breakfast time and Alina is in the bathroom taking a shower while Mariam is downstairs helping mama with the breakfast. And I am having an anxious attack from the time I've woken up.

What else is been expected from a person who is having her nikah today?

Yes! It's Friday and the nikah will take place in the mosque after the Dhur prayer.

"You are not leaving the room today, are you?" Alina comes out and tying her hijab over her now dried hair.

I just shake my head and she sighs.

"What? You cannot blame okay. You guys should've gotten married before me so that I would know how to act now." I rant sitting down on the bed.

"Maira you can--"

She is cut by Mariam who enters the room calling down for breakfast.

"I guess I'll just have it here" I say unsurely.

"Maira" Mariam and Alina both warn together.

"I promise I'll be ok having my breakfast in here"

They just let out a long breath and leave the room.

"Maira" Usman calls out from the door after a while knocking it twice .

"Yes come in"

"You're not coming down?" He asks getting in and closing the door all the while balancing a tray of food in his hand.

"No, I thought it would be better to just have my breakfast alone"

"And, why so?"

I shrug and take the tray from his hand. He sits down on the couch and serves the food on the plate.

"You are not going down too?" I ask confusedly.

"Your friends are having their breakfast with mama and besides I thought you would need a shoulder to cry on"

"Oh how generous of you" I roll my eyes and say sarcastically.

"And... we got back your normal self" he states giving me a plate.

He speaks again when he didn't get any reaction from "Oh come on little sister cheer up, it's your nikah"

"You are not helping brother"

"It is ok to feel this way Maira, instead it would've been quiet a problem if you had felt normal" I nod releasing a light breath. He drapes his arm around my shoulder and comforts me "Now let's have our food and get the day started"

My day had started long before fajr, though I had slept only after midnight yesterday. So I had prayed tahajjud and taken a shower before fajr itself.

"Did Adam's parents or his sister talk to you?" Usman asks munching down the toast.

"No they didn't. Why?"

He shook his "Adam was asking about the Mehr a few days back when we met at the mosque"

"Oh" I couldn't help the anxiousness rise inside me after hearing his name.

Usman leaves after he finishes his breakfast and leaves the room just when Alina and Mariam enter.

"You guys better be ready in less than an hour" mama says walking in behind them.

Alina fake gasps "Aunty we have to get the bride ready and her two very own best-friends in an hour?"

"Ignore her aunty we'll be ready before you even know it" Mariam brushes off Alina.

Mama smiles nodding her head and then looks at me in the eye as though trying to tell me something and then leaves, closing the door behind her.

"Yeah! so let's start" Alina exclaims rubbing her palms together.

Mariam rolls her eyes and I chuckle slightly.

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

"Okay okay final touch ups" Alina says making me face her.

"Alina it is done when we will leave for the mosque" Mariam says fixing her hijab in the mirror above me.

"Yeah and you have literally just now finished doing my makeover" I agree with Mariam.

Alina rolls her eyes "Okay you two!"

"And you are not supposed to move around much" she adds pointing her finger at me.

"And why is that?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Because you will ruin your dress" she says like it's an obvious thing.

"Dude you better finish getting ready yourself up before aunty comes up to call us" Mariam reminds her.

We all are almost ready to go just like how Mariam promised mama. In just an hour or maybe even less we are done with our Dhur salahs, getting dressed up and doing our makeovers.

And just on cue mama comes in knocking on the door "I hope you are all ready girls?"

"Just as promised aunty" Mariam exclaims still fixing her hijab. This girl is never really satisfied with her hijab.

"Okay then we'll be downstairs, yeah?" Alina asks pulling up her niqab and grabs Mariam's hands as Mariam herself pulls up her niqab.

Mama nods towards them smiling politely.

"You look absolutely beautiful honey" she says turning towards me and placing her palms on my cheeks.

"You look prettier mama" I reply gulping down the lump forming in my throat.

"I cannot believe that you are being wedded already" she says blinking away her tears.

"Me neither" I chuckle softly and she pulls me into a hug, her arms draping around me securely.

"Can I come in?" we hear baba from outside the door.

"And me too?" Usman adds.

Mama laughs slightly and calls them in.

"Now, do you see that baba? A family hug without the men of the house." Usman complains putting his arms around me and mama while baba hugs us from the other side.

"We are going to miss you dumb-head"

"For the hundredth time am not leaving the house yet" I exclaim

"Oh right, my bad" he feigns disappointment.

"Usman" both mama and baba warns.

"Yeah yeah I see that it's her day today" he says and huffs.

We all laugh as we pull away and mama takes my hand into hers and leads us outside to the car. Only the immediate relatives of mine are invited to the nikah and almost all of them will directly be there in the mosque. So its just my family, Mariam and Alina. Both of them climb in the back seats of the car while me and Usman sits in the middle seats and mama sits with baba in the passenger seat.

"Have you decided about the Mehr?" Usman whispers in my ear.

I nod, "I've told mama about it."

"Okay."

I lay my head on his shoulder while I realize the gravity of the event which is going to be taken place in less than an hour. Alhamdulillah that Allah has made me reach this point of my life and I cannot thank Him enough for the blessings he is bestowed upon me. I make an instant pray, asking Him to give me enough strength and patience for everything which is to come further.

Usman extends his hand out once he gets out of the car. He squeezes my hand reassuringly while nodding his head. Mama comes in beside me and we go towards the mosque saying a quick Bismillah.

"Assalamualaikum" Adam's mom says approaching us.

"Walaikumasslam" I reply quietly while the others reply too.

"Let us first go in the room across before we proceed with the nikah ceremony." She says pointing to a corner covered with curtains.

Usman lets go off my hand and kisses my forehead while whispering "Fee amaanillah (Be with the safety of Allah)" in my ear.

"I wanted to talk to you about something, child" Adam's mom tells me quietly once mama and my friends leave to tend to our relatives who have arrived in the back garden of the masjid.

My heartbeat takes a quicker pace as I look back at Aisha who is giving me a concerned and a reassuring look.

I nod my head silently asking Adam's mom to continue with what she wants to say.

She clears her throat and begins "Adam told me about the actual reason why Aisha brought out the proposal for you and I am truly sorry for the way he invaded your privacy on that day at your college event. He might've already apologized for that but I don't want you to be forced into entering this relationship out of the fear of Adam telling this to us."

I shake my head trying to find appropriate words "You don't have to apologize for anything aunty and I'm surely not forced into this relationship. I believe that Adam would never do anything which would be a means of fear to me" I say looking down and make mental note to smack myself later for the little statement of mine at the end.

"Are you noticing the trust which she have in Adam already mama?" Aisha asks smirking mischievously.

"I am glad she does and start calling me mama already" she said pointedly towards me.

I smile and nod.

"I'll go check if everything is ready outside" she says leaving me and Aisha.

I sigh audibly and Aisha lets out a relieved breathe too.

"Adam didn't want anything to be hidden about you and him. He just wanted to be in the clear before the Nikah." She explains.

Mama, Mariam and my naanu (grandmother) come in before I could reply. Naanu greets me with a hug and a kiss on my cheek "My little grown up girl" she says.

"Everything is ready outside and people are waiting for the bride" Alina says peeking through the curtain.

Mama comes beside me and Mariam comes to hold my hand on the other side as we head out.

I feel my hands begin to sweat and my heart pounds rapidly. Keeping my eyes lowered to the ground I walk further and feel the hall go silent.

It is finally happening!

I think I will pass out from the way my heart quickens even faster now. I am placed on a couch across from that of a couch on which there are men sitting, probably Adam and someone else. Mama sits besides me while naanu sits on the other side.

The Imam then starts the ceremony with a 'Bismillahirahmaan nirraheem' and says the nikah pledge in Arabic. He asks me and Adam to repeat it which we do. The nikah papers are then passed to me, I sign and Adam signs them after me. My heart flutters when I realize that Allah has bestowed this blessing of unconditional love and I have successfully fulfilled half of my religion.

The people around congratulate us both and mama hugs me from the side and kisses my forehead. I lift my eyes nervously and look at Adam to see him hugging his father. His gaze falls upon me and he smiles widely.

A tender, genuine and the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. I smile back at him, but I am not quite sure that he actually saw me smiling because of my niqab.

Baba and Usman comes beside me and congratulate giving a loving hug. My eyes fall back to the blue-grey eyes shielded with the same vintage glass which draws my attention all over again.

Mariam, Alina, Amina and Zainab pull me towards the end of the stage interrupting my stare.

"I am so happy for you"

"Congratulations Maira"

"I can't believe that you are married"

"It has finally happened"

All four of them gush and hug me.

I smile at them as mama comes to tell us that we are leaving to our place. We are apparently having a small dinner gathering for all the guests who have come today. Mariam stays with me while the others go with mama to call the others.

"You finally got your other half, huh?" she asks grinning.

"Seems like it" I reply looking down.

"Aisha where were you?" Mariam asks Aisha who approaches us with a wide smile.

"I was just there with my brother making sure he doesn't pass out with the amount of happiness around him"

"Which reminds me that he is coming here" she adds and I look up at her words.

I quickly lower my eyes when I see Adam and Usman coming towards us.

"Assalamualaikum ladies" Usman says standing beside me.

We all mumble a reply and I grasp Mariam's hand when I see Adam stand directly in front of me. My heart beats rapidly in my chest and my hold on Mariam's hand tightens.

"Assalamualaikum" his deep and husky yet a gentle voice say.

I fail to reply due to my anxiousness and the others reply just how they did to Usman.

Mariam forcefully removes her hand from mine and speaks "So...we will leave it to you two then"

"I don't think you would need a chaperone now" Aisha whispers and winks at me.

Usman doesn't budge from his position instead he puts a protective arm around my shoulders. Mariam looks at him and sighs "Usman come on"

He looks down at me asking if I would be ok. I nod, reassuringly and he reluctantly leaves me, Aisha walks towards them too leaving me and Adam alone.

"Assalamualaikum" he says again causing my nervousness to come back.

"Walaikumasslam" I reply and cringe internally at how squeaky my voice sounded.

"Congratulations Mrs. Adam Abdullah" I blush at his words and a smile seems to be fixed on my face.

"Congratulations to you too" I say looking up at him for the first time in a while. He is wearing a plain white keffiyeh with a black ring on it and one end of it is tucked behind.

"Thank you for becoming my other half" my heart flutters by his words.

"I still cannot believe that I can actually call you my lawfully wedded wife" he smiles more widely if that's even possible.

He leans in to kiss my forehead and holds my hands gently. My body quivers with the closeness and I look down at our joined hands.

"I would love to see the blush on your cheeks right now" he says and my cheeks heat up even more.

"Sorry to disturb you two love birds but we really have to get going" Alina interrupts us and I slightly pull away, Adam leaves one of my hand but intertwines my other hand with his'.

I look up at his face and he winks at me with his already smiling face. I tighten my grip on his hand to prevent myself from swooning from that handsome wink. He smirks when he notices my reaction and Alina comes to my other side and lead us to the outside of the mosque before I could embarrass myself further.

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

"What if I don't match up to his expectations?" I ask wriggling my hands together nervously.

"You already are more than his expectations, he made that clear when he acted all lovey-dovey with you in the mosque" Alina says sitting on the bed next to me.

I scoff and discreetly try cover the blush forming on my cheeks.

"Why should I even have to uncover my face in front of him?" I ask sighing.

"He is your husband if you have forgotten" Mariam reminds sarcastically.

"Girls Adam is coming up here" mama says coming up to the door and my nerves spike up.

It has been a while since we have returned from the mosque and me and all the girls have directly come to my room. Now I am supposed to meet Adam without my niqab, alone!

May Allah give me the strength to not to faint out of the nervousness.

"Best of luck okay and don't forget to give the present which you have bought for him." Mariam and Alina hug me comfortingly and leave with all the others.

I stand near my bed turning my back towards the door when I hear a knock.

I send a quick prayer to Allah and ask the person on the door to come in. I hear soft footsteps and the sound of the closing door.

"Salaam" he says softly. I contemplate on turning back or answering but before I could do anything he speaks again "Maira" my heart almost leaps out of my chest at how beautifully my name rolls out of his lips.

I inhale a long breathe and turn around "Walaikumassalam" I reply looking up at his flustered face.

I wish I could actually read minds to know what thoughts are going on in his head.

"You look gorgeous, stunning and absolutely beautiful" he exclaims in a raspy voice taking a step forward with each of his words until he is just in front of me towering my slightly short figure.

"You don't have to say anything which you don't mean, just out of courtesy" I say looking up at his eyes.

Those blue-grey eyes.

He shakes his head chuckling softly "I mean every single word which I've spoken to you until now"

"And you are just so much more amazing than what I had imagined" he adds leaning a bit closer and I gulp down at our proximity.

"How would you know that it is the same niqabi girl with whom you had only a single encounter and that too very long back?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

He laughs again, a quiet and soft laugh, and brings one of his hands to my right cheek gently caressing it "I could never forget these hazel eyes sweetheart and you actually think that I wouldn't be able to recognize your voice, my ears have it recorded when they heard it for the first time." My heartbeat accelerates with every word, and his gentle strokes on my cheek only add on to my rapid heart.

"I had felt so blessed when I saw you sign our nikah papers and now when I look at you I feel ecstatic. I cannot thank Allah enough for what He has bestowed upon me." He continues and my heart swells with happiness and love for the person in front of me.

I smile "I feel the equal amount of happiness when I see what Allah has chosen for me too" I say still gazing in his eyes.

"I love you for the sake of Allah Maira" he says with an intake of breathe.

"I love you for the sake of Allah Adam" I reply with the same smile lingering on my face.

His eyes widen for a moment "You do?" he asks bewildered.

I roll my eyes at his oblivious state "Of course I do, then why would I have gotten married to you in the first place."

"Right" he says relaxing slightly.

"Shukran Zawjati (my wife) for becoming the most beautiful blessing of my life" he says leaning forward and placing his lips on mine.

Shukran Ya Rab-al-Alameen!

。⁠♡------------------ ♡⁠。

Alhamdulillah!!!

Finally!! The nikah is done!!!

One of the longest chapters I have ever written...Alhamdulillah.

Is it exhausting to read such a long chapter? (personal opinions)

I expect a lots and lots of comments on this chapter and if its not obvious enough, I have put a lot of efforts especially in this chapter so please show some love people!!!

Do let me know your reviews about the nikah ceremony and Maira and Adam's first official conversation... was it too cheesy and cliche?

I apologize once again for the delay in publishing the chapter..

And if you guys haven't noticed already, I have put up a small hadith in the beginning of the chapter..so is it a good idea? I thought it would be a great idea because we all would get to know a hadith every time we read a chapter..but I would also love to know your opinions too.💖

Don't forget to hit the star button below 🔽🔽🔽 and comment....

JazakAllahu khairan kaseera ♥️♥️♥️

~~Safiya❣️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 258 31
"Noor Ayn," Hassan began, his gaze intense as he looked at me with a soft expression, "Have you ever wondered why I called you that? It's not a mere...
12.6K 1.1K 70
"That's exactly it. You didn't even see her" Rabi grits her teeth. "I understand that you harbor affection for her since a very long time. I do. But...
1.6M 136K 58
No matter how close you are to them, there are certain things you just don't say. No matter how lonely you feel, there are certain people you just do...
170K 7.5K 50
#4th in crying #6th in tears He removes my veil from my face. My heart was beating rapidly as it will came out from ribcage at any time. "Salam" he...