The Don

By shawdss

Read to find out how Kiara Dawnes goes from a waitress in Los Angeles to the Queen of an empire and what her... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
55
56
57
58
PSA๐Ÿ—ฃ๐Ÿ—ฃ
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
Epilogue
71
New Story Alert๐Ÿšจ
Announcement ๐Ÿšจ
BIG THANKS
New Sequel? Spoiler Alert๐Ÿšจ
Blood War๐Ÿฉธ

54

5.4K 185 17
By shawdss

Marcel

"Cosa c'è che non va?"
(What's wrong)

"Kiara è scomparsa e devo trovarla."
(Kiara is missing and I have to find her.)

"Again?"

"Sí. Quel che è peggio è che non sono sicuro che sia più al sicuro lontana da Dario o con lui."
(Yes. What's worse is I'm not sure if she's safer away from Dario or with him.)

"Tuo fratello non è il più gentile con lei, vero?"
(Your brother isn't the kindest to her, is he?)

"Dario does as he pleases and doesn't care how it affects her. Kiara seems like a good woman but she's strong minded so it makes her very stubborn and she has a mouth on her that shouldn't be engaged with my Brother."

"She sounds very interesting. When will I finally get to meet her?"

"I can't think of that right now, I first have to find her before anything else."

"And why are you worried of finding her?"

"She did something that is more than likely to get her killed by Dario. The fact that he wants to find her so urgently I'm not sure if it's because he wants to get rid of her himself or if there's a chance he actually wants her back because he cares for her."

"Do you think he cares for his wife Marcel? I haven't known your brother to be the caring type."

"He will never admit it not even in his wildest dreams but I think he does deep down."

"In his own sick and twisted way?"

"Sí."  We sat in silence for a few moments before my phone rang. I didn't have to look down to know who it was.

"I need to get to work and find Mrs.Romano as quickly as possible. I will see you later."

"Stai al sicuro amore mio"
(Stay safe my love)

I walked out of the house and met my mind by the van. They opened the door for me and I slid inside with ease. As we pulled off from the property I watched the house as we drove by.

We haven't been able to track Kiara's phone at all. It seems her last traced location was at the restaurant which means she got rid of the phone which was a brilliant move on her part. However what concerns me is the fact that Dario has not been able to track her using her wedding ring either. Had Kiara known that there was a tracker in it of course the smart thing to do would've been to toss it too but that information was never revealed for obvious reasons.
That leads me to three theories either she threw it away for precautionary measures, she tossed it simply to be rebellious or someone else got rid of it. Certainly she did not just misplace a 20-carat two million dollar ring.

This is the worst time for Kiara to try to escape Dario. Surely I wasn't fooled in believing that she had completely submitted and accepted him but I definitely did not her making such a stupid move at this time. We are at war because of her very existence surely she at least understands that. She put herself in a very vulnerable position by running away. If our enemies find her before we do or even suspect that we allowed her to slip through our fingers it's over for Kiara. I wish she would have thought this through. It almost seems like she did it on a whim. Something just doesn't seem right.

I can't seem to fully understand her reasoning. If I know Kiara in the slightest then she surely would never have left her son behind. No matter what as much as she hates Dario. She wouldn't leave and not take her son so why leave him? Did she plan on returning for him and if so how. Even her friend Kiana, I don't believe Kiara would've simply neglected her like this. She made it clear her feelings on the situation and how she despises Rafael for taking her friend hostage. It just wasn't adding up. We were either missing something or we were looking at the situation all wrong. My best bet would be to speak to Kiana personally.

"Portami a casa di Rafael."
(Take me to Rafael's house.)

Dario

"Dario why don't you take a break and spend some time with Matteo?"

"This isn't the time for breaks mother. The De Lucas have gone into hiding, probably planning their next move and my wife has abandoned myself and our son."

"You say Our and yet it's myself and Kiara who mostly pay this child any real attention."

"Mi scusi?"
(Excuse me?)

"Mi avete sentito. Posso essere vecchio, ma il mio discorso è ancora forte e chiaro."
(You heard me. I may be old, but my speech is still loud and clear.)

"This child needs love and nurturing. I know these things aren't what you're quite used to-

"And that's fine by me. No man needs those things. They make them weak."

"Shut up Romano. Those are what your father filled your head with so you could all become like him, heartless and cold. He treated you all like robots if anything."

"And we turned out just fine so what is your point? Why try to make an issue out of it now? Don't you think you're some years too late?"

"I will admit I should not have sat back like I did but I'm trying to right my wrongs. Had I done that sooner you and Rafael would have probably turned out more like Marcel and at least know how to treat a woman."

"Mother I know love because I have you in my life but respect my boundaries and do not try to lecture me on how I treat women.My marriage is not your concern."

"As long as I am breathing Dario you will respect me equally and I will speak on whatever I please. Had you treated that woman differently you would have one less thing to be stressing over right now and you do not know love Dario. Your father made sure of that. You respect me yes, and care for me sí but do you really have a heart that is capable of love? Have you ever even spoke those words aloud? You think about that." With that she left my office with a sleeping Matteo. I was irritated already. I had more than enough on my plate I didn't need her interfering and distracting me with such ridiculous things. I definitely did not need her telling me how to be a parent especially since I am the only one Matteo has right now.

Kiana

"You have a guest." Rafael said as he entered the room. I was confused at first because the only person who would actually visit me is apparently missing according to Rafael. Imagine my surprise when he stepped aside to reveal yet another Romano.

Rafael excused us leaving me alone with his brother in my bedroom.

"Buon giorno, posso entrare?"
(Good day, can I come in?)

I'm pretty certain this man knows that his brother refused to educate me on their language. The only reason I understood what he just said is because as promised Kiara taught me. She did insist that I act like I still don't understand as it would benefit me grately. Having an advantage that these men don't know about is like having a secret weapon.

"Pardon?" I asked playing dumb.

"Apologies, I asked whether I could step in." He informed me.

"Do I really have a choice?" I sighed.

"You do with me. If you're more comfortable with me standing outside the room that is fine. I will speak to you either way, that's why I came here." He spoke with such class and he was being very casual. On the outside he looked like a good looking and civilized man, the perfect disguise. I would feel more comfortable the further he is away from me but having a conversation like that is ridiculous.

"Sure, you can come in." I said.

"I have a few questions about Kiara that I believe only you have the answers to." Wow, he gets straight into it huh.

"What questions could you possibly have for me."

"Kiara is missing that much you know but some things just aren't adding up."I remained silent waiting for him to continue. I hoped he wasn't accusing me of anything like Rafael did. I literally have no idea what's going on.

"You and Kiara are extremely close, sí?" Is that a rhetorical question. Surely he isn't asking if I'm close to MY BESTFRIEND.

"It doesn't seem logical that Kiara would leave behind both her son and you. Her disappearance seems odd to me. Tell me something honestly, did she give you any indication that she was leaving while you were at the restaurant?" His question caught me off guard honestly. Was it a trick question?

"That's the only answer I need from you. The only thing I need is your honesty and I will be on my way." He added smoothly.

"No she did not." I told him truthfully.

He stood silent for a few seconds. His facial expression showing that he was thinking before he finally said "I suspected as much." I heard him release a sigh before turning his back to me. "Thank you for your cooperation Kiana."

"Wait- that's it? Why did you even ask me that?" I had to know before he left. Something wasn't feeling right. Well that's normal when around the Romano brothers but this felt different. I felt like there was something I needed to know.

"Yes that is all I needed to know." He said simply.

"But why? Why come all the way here just to ask me that simple question. It doesn't make sense. You could've had Rafael ask me that." I argued.

"You are as intelligent as I thought. I simply wanted to be discrete with this."

"You make it sound like it's a secret of some sort. Can you just spit it out because I'm getting tired of asking why." It probably isn't my brightest idea to speak to him in such a tone but where my bestfriend is concerned I needed him to be direct with me. This isn't a guessing game I'm interested in.

"To keep it brief, I do not believe that Kiara simply left." His statement caught me by surprise. Surely that wasn't what I expected to hear. What does he even mean by that.

"What are you saying?"

"It's only a suspicion. I don't have concrete evidence but I'm under the impression that Kiara may be in trouble." His face was no longer calm but stone cold. He actually looks like a Romano now. I mean he did before because of the good looks but now, with that expression he seems dangerous. It's as if I had just processed what he just said. I felt my heart sink. Does he think someone killed her. Did Dario do something with her. It doesn't make sense if he did why go through all the trouble of having his brother look for her or Rafael question me like some suspect.

"You need to remain calm." He must have noticed my distress. "I am not disclosing this information just yet until I am more certain or find some sort of evidence to prove my suspicions are accurate. As of now, it's simply based off behavioral traits that it seems likely. If Kiara was indeed taken this will cause even more chaos than you can imagine. For now, refrain from telling Rafael what I just told you."

Taken? Is he serious right now. That's impossible. It would be her second time being kidnapped. No one could be that unlucky in life. I refuse to believe that my bestfriend was taken from me yet again.

"No matter what happened, you have my word you will see Kiara again. That is the goal. She will be back, I assure you." I sure do hope so.

Please vote

Another update🤧& POV from Marcel as requested. Y'all welcome.

So I've been thinking and I just MIGHT write a book on Marcel. I'm really not sure don't take my word for it just yet😩

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

736K 22.7K 63
BOOK 1 IN THE ROMANO SERIES (WARNING!!! 18+ ONLY โžก THIS BOOK CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE AND EXPLICIT MATURE SCENES) Kiara Cambridge is a norm...
89.4K 2.4K 50
A simple mute girl who lives in a world of silence and serenity with her grandmother. A ruthless cruel mafia who lives in the world of women,drugs an...
882K 16.5K 28
๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ, ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ...
6.2K 418 10
"You think you can take her away from me?....Touch her and you'll be begging for death the next minute" -------- "Get your filthy hands away from my...