Silver Lining

By RUNA_HADES

Secret Organization. White Star. Sealed God. They are all gone now. Peace has come again to the Western and E... More

Hotteok?
Nostalgia
Team Leader
Promise
Her
Our Past
Our Past III
Raisa
Raisa II
Raisa III
Jung Yeon Hwa
How Peaceful
God of Death
Cherished One
Forgotten
You Are Not Alone
Silver and Black
Little One
How Did You Know?
HIATUS
QnA Part 1
QnA Part 2
QnA Part 3
Deja Vu
The Present
Festival
Festival II
Festival III
Memories
The Butler and The Chef
The Lady
Archmage
The Rose, The Lights & The Darkness
HIATUS 2
Special AU Part 1
Special AU Part 2
Special AU Part 3
Special AU Part 4
Side Story
Invitation
New Moonlight
Healer
Zero Failure
Dinner
Losing Her
✨2023✨
Habit
Suncatcher
Siblings
Embrace
The Diary
Together
Family
Puzzle City
The Heart and Soul
Hairpin
The Dukedom
His Guest
Hangul
Kim Soo Yeon

Our Past II

3.8K 291 9
By RUNA_HADES

"Team Leader Kim. Would you like a mug of hot chocolate drink?"

Cale stared at her for a few seconds and answer her.

"Make it sweeter."

"Your taste hasn't changed that much..."

The lady turned her back and walk to get into the kitchen. She continued her words mischievously before vanishing into the kitchen.

"...Childish as always."

Cale's eyebrow twitched.

"You—!"

He couldn't finish his sentence, she disappeared from his view.

"She's similar to Soo Hyuk hyung somehow."

'Well, she's been working with him as team leader for quite some time.'

"His speaking way rubbed off on her."

"rubbed off on me what?"

The lady comes out from the kitchen with a tray of two mugs of hot chocolate and a plate of warm Hotteoks.

"You are fast."

"Of course. It's service for our only one Young Master Silver Shield."

She gracefully bows her head like she's dealing with the most respectable person after putting down the tray in front of Cale.

Cale just frowning deeply after hearing the 'Young Master Silver Shield' nickname.

"Stop frowning, young master-nim. You will get wrinkle on your face."

She's sitting opposite him while taking a sip of the hot chocolate.

"Team Leader Jung."

"Raisa."

"Huh?"

The lady with ash brown hair put her drink down and look into the familiar sharp reddish-brown eyes.

"Raisa. That's my name in this body."

"Raisa..."

Except for her silver eyes, she looks nothing like Team Leader Jung Yeon Hwa that he knows.

However, despite having a young face, her expression shows to him exactly like 34 years old Jung Yeon Hwa he remembers.

"How long have you been in this world?"

"Less than 6 months? Around White Star tried to invade the Northwest region."

"You appeared when the world was in chaos..."

"Yeah. It's true chaos and full of confusion."

Raisa's silver eyes dim and she let out a bitter smile that doesn't suit her bright personality.

Her cold fingers linger around the mug to get the warmth from it.

"...I was on my mission. It's in Incheon."

"Incheon? It's been a few years since we last had seen any monster in that area."

"That's true. But out of a sudden, your team and my team got requested over there."

"My team?"

Cale's eyes widened when he heard that. Raisa nodded her head.

'Team Leader Kim's team is the best Attacking Team in our company after all. Requesting their help means there's a lot of strong monsters. Also together with my Healer Team...it's bad news.'

She continued her story while looking into her drink. She's recollecting her memories.

"There are over five Grade 1 monsters that appeared."

"...what?"

Cale's voice trembling a bit. 

'Out of sudden?..., it must be that motherfucking God of Despair. He tried to gather despair as much as He could to increase His power.'

Raisa who knows Cale, no Kim Rok Soo's personality continues with reassuring words.

"Don't worry too much. As always, the death rate is zero."

"It doesn't mean causality is zero."

"What you worried about? The best Healer Team was there."

She looked at Cale and smile proudly. Cale looks at her blankly and opens his mouth.

"Now, the team leader of the best Healer Team is here."

"..."

She averted her silver eyes away from the piercing reddish-brown eyes.

"...There's a child."

"A child?"

"It was my mistake. I let my guard down, I turn off my 'Observation' too soon."

She chuckled bitterly.

"The ground is not strong enough to support the building after the whole attacks. I didn't notice that. However, thank goodness everyone was quick on the action. I saved a child that was almost buried and got hit by something."

Raisa rests her chin on her hand and stares at Cale's red-blood hair that everyone admires.

"I could see anything except the color of red. The last thing I heard is your voice."

"My voice?"

"Kim Rok Soo's voice."

She closed her eyes and frowned. She could still vividly feel the tingling pain in her memories even though it's been a long time.

'Jung Yeon Hwa!'

The voice that always deep and calm, full of worries at that time. She opened her eyes and looked at the real 'Kim Rok Soo' in front of her.

Cale's face was still stoic but she could still see a hint of worries in the familiar russet color eyes.

'How ironic.'

"Then, I passed out and woke up in this body. The end!"

Raisa end her story with a bright smile like it was not a big deal.

After that, both of them were silenced. Cale couldn't say anything and only could frown.

"Which god?"

Cale is the one who ends the silence.

"Which god had sent your soul in that body?"

Raisa looked confused and answer truthfully.

"I don't know. I just woke up in this body in front of a grave."

Now, Cale was confused.

"Grave?"

She nodded and continue her words to explain herself.

"Yes. Apparently, the owner of this body had lost her guardian which is also her aunt."

"...the owner of this bakery?"

"That's right. The original owner of this bakery."

Cale nodded his head mindlessly.

Now, he understood why he saw Raisa instead of the middle-aged lady he saw last time.

"How...?"

"Silent disease. She passed away without showing any unnatural reaction."

"Hmm. Did you get Original Raisa's memories?"

He asked her that question because she told him about the death of the guardian of the body she transmigrates in very detail.

"Nope."

"Then?"

"She has a diary. That's how I get to know about this body's past."

She picked up the original flavor of Hotteok and hand it to Cale.

Cale stared at it and take it.

"Would you like to do honor me to tell me your story, Young Master Cale Henituse-nim?"

Cale just takes a big bite instead of answering. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.2K 2.3K 13
[Completed] *Spoilers Ahead for Trash of the Count's Family* *Fanfic*
26.5K 1.5K 13
A fanfiction for Lout of the Count's Family written by Yu Ryeo Han. I do not own the Lout of the Count's Family. This is just a FANFICTION. In his tw...
41.2K 2.8K 30
in a world where there are no hunters and no white star, there's a lot more time for petty politics and relationship drama og cale x alberu PLEASE NO...
7.7K 453 11
Choi Han woke up right next to the man that he once beat to a pulp. The last thing he remembered is fighting against the white star and now he was ly...