Take Care [COMPLETED]

By chubblebunny

Assistant during the day, and a stripper by night. With loans that needed paying off, Samai had to work two j... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chater 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chpter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (Bonus)
A/N
New Story

Chapter 29

34.7K 1.6K 406
By chubblebunny

Ever since I found out I was pregnant a month ago things have been interesting. Lorenzo has been trying his best to fix things but it's gonna take some time.

"Do you think it's ever gonna get back to the way it was?" Chase asked me.

"Eventually but for me I just need time. We're good but I just don't trust him, not after what he did."

"When are you gonna tell me the full story behind what happened?"

"It's just complicated." I reasoned. "Did you ever hear anything else from Yas or Kaia?" I tried to change the subject.

"Yas still doesn't want to see anyone, and I don't blame her. She's really going through it."

"I've been trying to reach out but nothing." I can't even imagine what they're all going through right now.

"WAIT! What happened with Malcom?" Chase yelled out of nowhere.

What the fuck?

"The hell?" I gave him a weird look.

"I've been meaning to ask but I keep forgetting."

"We had hung out a few times after that night at the club, but we both agreed that there would be nothing but a friendship. He's really sweet but there just wasn't anything there for us, plus Lorenzo was always on the back of my mind. It didn't feel right."

"Even if it would've worked out, the fact that your pregnant right now would complicate things so it's for the best."

"You're right." I agreed.

"I still can't believe you got seeded up." He laughs.

"Shit me either but here we are." I laughed with him.

A few hours later Chase leaves and I walk him out the door. I stand on the porch and watch him walk to his car. I started to get this eerie feeling that I'm being watched. For the past week I've been having the same feeling. My eyes scanned around but I saw nothing.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but I know better than to just brush it off. I enter my apartment and shut the door.

I really need to invest in some cameras.

An hour later I heard my doorbell. I checked the time and saw it was 6 in the afternoon so it was most likely Lorenzo. I walked over and checked the window and saw him standing with a bag and his other hand in his pocket.

I opened the door to greet him.

"Hey,"

"Hey, I brought you some food. Your favorite." He handed me the bag.

I opened the door wider for him to enter.

"Thank you," I took the bag.

"Do you need anything else? I can run out and grab some stuff if you'd like."

"No, I'm alright. This is enough. Thank you."

He took a seat in the couch and faced me. I sat across from him.

"Where's your food?" I asked.

"I ate earlier." He gave a small smile. "What's new?"

"Not much really, Chase was here earlier. I'm thinking about getting a job soon. That's it really. How's work?"

"You know, I'd love to have you back at the office."

"No thanks, I've learned my lesson." I said seriously. His face dropped a bit.

"Work is work, hectic as usual." He ran his fingers through his hair.

"You need to take a break, you look so tired all the time. You know you can go home and sleep instead of coming here everyday."

Everyday after work he picks up food and comes straight here. I felt bad because it's clear he's exhausted. Sometimes he'll fall asleep on the couch in mid conversation. Usually he leaves at the end of the night but other times he'll sleep until morning.

"Samai, you're pregnant and I need to fix things between us so I need to be here." His eyes were closed as he said that.

He's about to be knocked out in less than one minute. Once he fell asleep, I went over to the kitchen island and began eating my food.

I came up with a plan to do something for his missed birthday, but I needed help. Everything should come together in a few days. I told Lorenzo not to tell his family that we're expecting yet, I wanted to do it in person, and in a few days we'll get to.

I can just imagine his mother's reaction when she finds out. She's gonna be over the moon.

After I finished eating, I looked to Lorenzo to make sure he was sleeping before I made a call.

"Hello?" I heard his voice over the phone.

"I need you to clear your schedule for the entire day on Saturday."

"Say please."

"For fucks sake, again? I said it more than once."

"I'm hearing a lot of things except please." I just know he has a big ass smile on his face.

"Don't fuck with me Liam, I'll murder you and hide your body in a place where you won't be found." I threatened.

"Not gonna lie, I'm a little terrified."

"You should, now be serious. I need you to take him out Saturday. Stall as long as you can because knowing him he's gonna want to spend the day with me and find some way to come here."

"Why are you whispering?"

"He's here, I don't want him to hear." I explained.

"Alright, I'll clear my schedule."

"Alright thanks, we'll keep in touch." I hung up.

I really hope he's able able to pull this off.

I walked upstairs for a blanket and came back down to cover Lorenzo before going back upstairs to get in bed. I made sure to get on Amazon and buy some surveillance cameras. The eerie feeling of being watched didn't go away and I needed to make sure there wasn't some creep stalking or trying to kill me.

As I was lying down in bed, I thought about where Lorenzo and I were right now. Since that kiss at the hospital we haven't been intimate. We've been getting along well and he's been really respecting my space. He isn't pushy about us getting back to how things used to be, but he's trying his best to earn my trust back.

I'm not sure at what point I dozed off but when I woke up it was three in the morning. I picked myself up and walked downstairs to go get some water. But when I got there, I didn't see Lorenzo. The lamp was on and when I checked the door, it was slightly ajar. I walked to the side and checked the windows to see Lorenzo's car still outside.

Weird.

I walked back over to the door and Lorenzo walked in, startling me. At first he looked alarmed but then he looked apologetic. He ran his fingers through his hair then locked the door.

"Sorry for startling you."

"What happened? Why were you outside?"

"Had a weird feeling, I could've sworn I heard someone outside but I'm probably just tired."

"So you too huh?" I started biting my nails.

This definitely wasn't a coincidence. Someone's been watching me. Lorenzo used his hand to lower mine from my mouth.

"What do you mean Samai?" He got serious.

"I don't know....as of late it feels like someone's been watching me. I thought it was just my imagination at first but now I'm not so sure. I just ordered some surveillance cameras to put up around the house."

He looked away for a minute before he looked back to me.

"I already know what you're gonna say but it isn't-"

"No." I responded, I already know where this is going.

"Samai please, it's not just you who needs protecting, did you forget we're having a baby?"

"I won't let anything happen to our baby, and I can protect myself."

"I know you can but I can't risk that. Just stay with me until we figure out what's going on. Samai please."

"Just so you can kick me out again? No thanks." I was starting to get annoyed.

He looked regretful.

"I...I'm sorry for what I did back then. I know you can protect yourself, I just don't want it to get to that point. If you're not comfortable staying with me that's fine but I'm not leaving you here alone so I'll be staying here instead.

"That's fine."

"Thanks for not fighting me on this."

"Yea," I grabbed a water and walked back upstairs to my bedroom.

...
Thank you guys for 58k reads. Gonna try and update tonight after work today.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 7.2K 9
#𝟒 ▪ 𝐆𝐮𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬. ❝I hate you,❞ I hissed, pushing him away to create some desperately needed distance between us. He smirked and my...
603K 27.4K 34
Artura Valentina lives a life that feels as if she's paying for all the bad karma her mom has put out into the universe and now that her mom is gone...
4.1K 39 16
He runs his hand down my stomach placing it over my soaking panties. I wait for him to move but he doesn't. "Tell me what you want Madelyn" he says...