GREEN. GREY. ZAYDE.✔

By ChocoChipQueen

"Even in the times of extreme darkness and sadness, we would find a star, a light in our lives, lighting up o... More

CHARACTERS!!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter#1
Bonus Chapter #2

Chapter 7

1.4K 65 23
By ChocoChipQueen

Walking through the supermarket, I picked up sweets, chocolates, candy and basically any sweet food a two year old will love.

It was September 29th, about three weeks since Zayde came over. Since then we've been meeting up, working on our project and even though we have three pictures already, none of them feel special enough, they don't have that special connection.

Zayde said he'd drop by this week and we'd have a look around the city

But today, I don't have that time, I have things to do, other plans.

I walked over to the toy section, looking around for that cooking play set she'd been wanting, and when I found it, I placed it in the cart. I picked up another doll I knew she'd love and a couple of story books.

There.

'I still need to go home and get the food and cake ready', I said to myself as I left the store.

Walking home, I began to think of my life before I moved back here...

I swung my fist, hitting him square in the face, adding more blood to his already bloodied face. He's a stubborn one, I'll give him that, but like all the others, before him, he failed.

He coughed, spurting out more blood in the process, I hovered him, willing him to fight back. I've always wanted a worthy opponent, someone who'd really make me work for my money, someone who'd make me chase, make me struggle.

I've met none.

Some start out like that, making me sweat, but at the end of the day, I prevail, I conquer, I emerge undefeated, unchallenged and undisputed.

"Hades has him right where he wants him, can the beast get back on his feet?"

Oh, right, they assume I'm a man, I don't blame them though, I wear a mask and dress up in a way that it is difficult to tell my gender. It's deliberate, they'd have field day if they found out any crucial thing about me. I come and go, disappear, I never stick around long enough to be identified, I don't keep friends, I keep my presence mysterious and low key. I know I can't afford any slip ups.

"The Beast is out! Hades; the undefeated champion once more." I hear as I walk out of the cage.

Another day, another win.

I'm jerked back into the present by the sound of a car passing by. It then occurred to me that I was standing on my doorstep staring into space.

The neighbours must think I'm crazy.

It feels good to remember the days I felt invincible, the days I could take on the world. Now I want nothing more than to crawl in a hole.

Pushing these thoughts aside, I focused on the present.

I've got cake, snacks and goodies to make for the birthday girl.

I glanced at the clock.

11:30.

I don't have much time.

Halfway in, I got a call from Jade.

"Hey, Jade." I say into the phone, securing it between my shoulder and my ear.

"Hey girl, how ya doing?"

"Cool, thanks." I said mixing the batter.

"Okay. Hey, I and Oliver are going to the park..."

"Erm, okay..." I trail off.

"Anastasia invited us." I nearly dropped the bowl. "Skye? You there?"

"What?!"

"Relax, she's having a picnic, and she invited us."

"Why?"

"Because she has food and-"

"No, why did she invite you?"

"Dunno but she also invited you, Lyla, Kenny, Nick, his sister Nicole, and Archer." I paused the stirring when I heard this.

"But why would she want us there?"

"Well we've been hanging out a lot over the summer-"

"What?! Are you crazy? This is Anastasia we're talking about."

"She's not actually as bad as you make her look Skye."

"What? Everything she's done to me. All the times she's bullied me and called me names? You're just gonna throw that away because she shared her popularity status with you?"

She sighed. "I really think it's a misunderstanding. You're overreacting Skye, she's not evil." I could practically feel her roll her eyes.

"I can't believe this, you're the one who's always sided with me and you have always believed she has a character flaw! Why have you changed your mind? I knew you envied her, but not like this!" I yelled boiling with anger.

"Skylar stop this! Give her a chance, I was wrong, we both were, she invited you-"

"So she could embarrass me."

"No, she's actually trying to reach to you, you're the one being a bitch right now." She snapped. I hold back my gasp. What had she done?

"Jade-"

"Are you coming or not." She cut sharply.

"I can't, I have plans, sorry Jade." I whispered weakly, defeated.

"Save it for a friend that cares. Anna is right, you are a selfish, deceptive bitch." She spits before hanging up.

I really didn't know where the sudden attitude came from, but looking back now, I realise that signs where always there.

Jade always lowkey admired Anna, even if it was subtle, and over the summer, she was kind of distant.

Even if she was sincere in the beginning, I know that she always wanted to be part of Anna's crew.

I sighed in frustration and dropped the phone, my heart cracking as I went back to mixing the batter.

Toady was a Saturday, meaning that I'm spending the whole weekend at my Nana's.

Perfect.

About an hour later, I had everything packed and was already on my way to Nan's

I was excited. I'd get to see them again. I've missed the little one so much. This motivated me to go faster, pumping my legs, racing to my destination. I reached the doorstep, panting from the exercise, taking a minute to calm down. I observed the garden, the flowers are going beautifully.

I smiled.

Nan had always liked flowers.

I braced myself before ringing the doorbell.

"I'm coming!" I heard Grandma from inside.

I knew she was going to shout, so I placed my finger on my lips to tell her to keep quiet. She nodded and engulfed me in a hug. I eagerly hugged back, placing kisses on her cheek. She beamed at me, ushering me in.

I walked ahead of her, dropping the bags in the kitchen

"Where is she Nana?" I whispered.

"In the living room, playing with her toys." She whispered back. I smile, bringing out the birthday crown I got for her.

I tip toed to the sitting room, taking the crown with me.

Getting to the doorway, I saw the little angel with her back to me, playing with her toys.

"Meadow, Happy Birthday my little princess." I cheered. She turns around gasping as she sees me then she breaks into a run, crossing the distance between us in a second, leaping into my waiting arms.

"Mummy, mummy, mum! You're hewre! You're weally hewre!" She squeals, peppering my face with kisses. I held onto her like my life depended on it, pulling her close and placing a loving kiss on her forehead.

"Yes baby, mummy's here." I coo, rubbing her back.

————————————————

Well, that's that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201 14 9
Senior Year is the hardest. Yet, when that time comes around, everyone is beyond excited to leave behind their life of drama! But no one is more thri...
11.1K 851 51
How did it come down to this? Standing in the hallways, the known bad boy of town defending her, the freak, from barbie one, barbie two, and deadbrai...
24.5K 651 42
Skylar Hi, I'm Skylar, but friends call me Sky. Actually, I don't have many of them. I'm shy and rather awkward. I think too much and feel too much...
1.7K 269 40
Hey! I'm Raven Stone. Ever wondered what it feels like to be popular? A few months back I didn't have to think about things like that, I basically h...