𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 | 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐨...

By matsunomizuki

A story where a certain hashira who wears a mismatched haori saved a girl from a snowy mountain, and unexpect... More

Prologue
Introduction
❄️ 01
❄️ 02
❄️ 03
❄️ 04
❄️ 05
❄️ 06
❄️ 07
❄️ 08
❄️ 09
❄️ 10
❄️ 11
❄️ 12
❄️ 13
❄️ 14
❄️15
❄️ 16
❄️ 18
❄️ 19
❄️ 20
❄️ 21
Author's Note
❄️ 22
❄️ 23
🎄 Christmas Special
❄️ 24
❄️ 25
❄️ 26
❄️ 27
❄️ 28
❄️ 29
❄️ 30
❄️ 31
❄️ 32
❄️ 33
❄️ 34
❄️ 35
❄️ 36
❄️ 37
❄️ 38
❄️ 39
❄️ 40
❄️ 41
❄️ 42
❄️ 43
❄️ 44
❄️ 45
❄️ 46
❄️ 47
❄️ 48
❄️ 49
❄️ 50
❄️ 51
❄️ 52
❄️ 53
❄️ 54
❄️ 55
❄️ 56
❄️ 57
❄️ 58
❄️ 59
this isn't a part of the story but some explanations
❄️ 60
❄️ 61
❄️ 62
❄️ 63
❄️ 64
❄️ 65
❄️ 66
❄️ 67
❄️ 68
❄️ 69
❄️ 70
❄️ 71
❄️ 72
note

❄️ 17

3.1K 90 19
By matsunomizuki

"There she is! F/N!"

You turned around after you heard a familiar voice calling your name.

You were already walking out of that forest for who knows how many hours because the forest is quite wide, and you're techinically lost.

The relief you felt after hearing Sanemi's voice and when you turned around, Obanai and Sanemi were running towards you.

"Are you okay?" Sanemi asked.

"Is the demon still here?" Obanai asked.

"I've killed the Lower Moon Three," you said. "But I think there's still demons around."

"The other slayers are taking care of it," Sanemi answered. "How about you? Are you injured or something?"

"A few scratches and bruises," you said. "But my bones are fine so far, I dodged the demon's harsh attacks...But I am really tired after releasing the forms, the demon was so fast, I cannot catch up."

"I'm surprised you managed to kill it," Obanai said.

"It happens again...The same thing that happened to the Lower Moon Six... He just aplogized to me and forced me to kill him...so I did," you said while Sanemi crouched. "What are you doing?"

"I'll carry you, I can sense that shaking legs of yours," he said so you obeyed because he's right. You are really tired.

"The crescent was there?" Obanai asked and you shook your head.

"I don't think so, the demon didn't said anything about her," you answered while leaning your cheeks to Sanemi's back.

"You are a hashira now, F/N," Sanemi said and you can feel him smiling. "Good job."

You felt a hand patted your back softly. "Welcome to the ranks, F/N. You made it on top in just a short time," Obanai said.

"I guess so, please guide me..." you said before totally dozing off.

"She's asleep, isn't she?" Sanemi asked.

Obanai sighed. "She is."

On the way home, you only woke up when you heard a familiar voice yelling at you. You can also hear Sanemi's voice scolding them for being loud now that you're sleeping. But that won't work anymore because you already awake now.

You've been too exhausted that you slept for two hours in equivalent of your two-day travel to Aokigahara.

Once you are fully awake, you jumped off of Sanemi's back and greeted everyone.

"I knew you'll come back, Ice Hashira, Soyama F/N," Shinobu said while patting your shoulders.

You turned to Aoi who's leaning at the door, tears falling off her cheeks. "What are you? A crybaby?" You teased.

Then she ran towards you and embraced you. "You've been gone for almost five days! What do you expect!"

You patted her back softly. "Easy there, Aoi-chan! It was a two-day travel!"

"I'm glad you came back," she said softly.

"Welcome back, F/N-san!"

Looking down, there's the three girls carrying a container of Daifuku, and handing it to you. "It contains with strawberry! We made this yesterday for you!" They said in chorus.

Your eyes glimmered when you saw food, you haven't eaten yet after defeating the Lower Moon and you didn't hesitate to grab it and started eating it.

"You should eat proper meal first before desserts, F/N," Obanai scolded.

"But I'm really hungry!" You said.

"We also prepared proper meal for you, come inside and eat!" Aoi shouted. "Uhm...you two could join, Iguro-sama, Shinazugawa-sama."

Oh what's with the change of tone?

"We'll join then," Sanemi said which surprised you.

All of you entered inside, and you were also greeted by Kanao. "W-Welcome back, F/N-san."

You grinned at her. "It is nice to be back."

The three of you who came back from the mission sat and started eating. The others said that they have already eaten so there's no need to join you.

Sanemi seems enjoying the food.

Obanai's just eating calmly.

Everyone's watching you.

You're really hungry.

After eating, the two other hashiras bid their goodbye and giving you their last praise before leaving.

"Shinazugawa-san and Iguro-san are never like this, you know?" Shinobu started. You chuckled because you exactly understand her point.

"I've also heard from others how mean those two are," you said. "Especially Sanemi-san. I'm sure he's fond of me because he sees his sister to me."

"Teiko's her name, wasn't it?"

You nodded on her question. "Even if he doesn't express it, I can tell...In Obanai onii-san's case, maybe he won't talk to me if I weren't his cousin."

"Everyone likes you," Shinobu said that made you turn to her in confusion. "You reminds them of their family... Even me. I remember my old self when you first came here."

Your lips curved into a smile. "I would like to thank you all for standing up as my family when I lost my own," you said. "I wouldn't be this happy again if you didn't."

"Anything, F/N-chan."

"You are a hashira now?!" Muichirou exclaimed.

You nodded excitedly. "Yes, I am! I defeated a Lower Moon and made me a hashira...Though it is not official yet because Oyakata-sama hasn't called us yet and announce it. So maybe, it'll took longer."

"That doesn't matter!" He said. "I'm happy for you!"

"And you better do your best so you could also be one of us!" You said.

"One...of you? Like a hashira too?"

"Yes!" You smiled at him. "You don't believe me, right? I think...it's just less than ten months after I passed the final selection and here I am, now a hashira! I'm sure you can do it too!"

A smile appeared on his face. "I guess I'll try my best and catch up to everyone."

"Tokito! Breaktime's over!" It was Muichirou's trainer. He went to your direction and noticed it you. "Oh, it's the ice girl," he said and patted your head.

"It's nice seeing you again, Kioshi-sensei!" You greeted. "Since, Muichirou-kun's resting time is over, I think I should head back now," you said and bowed down to the old man. "Please take care of Muichirou-kun! See yah!"

"Take care, F/N-san!" Muichirou said and watced you left the place.

"That girl is so soft but strong, isn't she?" Kioshi said.

"She is," Muichirou said while smiling a little but sounded so cold and started walking back to the training ground.

Kioshi is just chuckling silently knowing how his attitude towards you and the others are completely different. "Soyama is really the ice breaker of everyone," he mumbled.

to be continued.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

506K 45.1K 86
The third wave is looming, mere weeks away, but in the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse, problems never come just one at a time. Season 2 of The Viru...
113K 3.9K 47
ʏᴜᴋɪ sᴏʜᴍᴀ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ {AU VERSION} ⌜𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘐'𝘥 𝘥𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨. 𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴⌟ 𝘞𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 �...
284K 8.8K 43
[Y/n] Honda is Tohru's adopted sister. She never knew who her real family was nor did it matter to her. She had Tohru and Kyoko, so she was happy. Bu...
12.2K 594 10
Taraji, whose marriage of four years ended in divorce, is facing a significant decline in her acting career. As a result, she suffers the loss of her...