•Ride or Die•

By wrenleyscott

Everyone loved Presley Charlie Jones she was a kind and caring person, her family means everything to her an... More

introduction
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
an
PART II
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14

chapter 6

3.4K 100 4
By wrenleyscott

           ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her outfit inspiration. With or without cardigan. Hope you like it :)

The next day the whole Team is working in the garage on the car. "Got a TR7 here, with a ball-bearing upgrade. What it's going to do is it's going to spool up really quick", Jesse says while he, Pres, and Letty are working on the engine.

" I got this set up for 24 psi", Presley says as her, Jesse, and Letty are looking at the engine.

"Got it", Jesse says. Presley looks and sees Dom and Brian talking and walks over to them.

"You got big plans tonight", Dom asks Brian as they are working on the car.

"Yeah. We're going out to dinner", Brian replies.

"You break her heart, I'll break her neck", Dom says, causing Pres to laugh under her breath . He wipes the dirt off his hands and hands the rag to Brian.

"That's not going to happen", Brian answers.

"I want to show you something, Pres come on '', he says. They get back to the house and go to the garage. He opens the garage door to reveal his 1970s Dodge Charger. Shockingly, Presley said that he would bring Brian here.

"Wow", Brian mutters under his breath.

" Me and my dad built her. Nine hundered horses of Detroit muscle", Dom says looking at the car.

"It's a beast", Brian says looking at the car.

" You know what she ran in Palmdale?"Dom asks him.

"No, what?" Brian replies.

"Nine seconds flat", Dom answers.

"God", Brian says in awe of the car.

"My dad was driving. So much torque, the chassis twisted coming off the line. Barely kept her on the track", Dom explains with a smile thinking back at the memories, causing Pres to smile knowing how good of a racer he was.

"So, what's your best time?" Brian asks.

"I've never driven her", Dom answers, causing Prelsey to walk up beside him and wrap her arm around his waist.

"Why not?" Brian asks, confused.

"It scares the shit out of me", Dom answers him before pointing to a picture on the wall. "That's my dad. He was coming up the pro stock-car circuit. Last race of the season. A guy named Kenney Linder came up from inside, in the final turn. He clipped his bumper and put him into the wall at 120. I watched my dad burn to death. I remembered hearing his scream. But the people that were there said he had died before the tanks blew. "They said it was me who was screaming", Dom says, causing Pres's eyes to start watering remembering that day. "I saw Linder about a week later. I had a wrench, and I hit him. And I didn't intend to keep hitting him, but when I finished, I couldn't lift my arm. He's a janitor at the high school. He has to take the bus to work everyday. And they banned me from the tracks for my life", Dom says, causing Presley to wrap her arm around him tighter. "I live my life a quarter-mile at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not the store, not my team, and all their bullshit. For those 10 seconds or less, I'm free", Dom says looking down at Pres and Presley to nod in agreement.

That night Brian and Mia went on their date while the team took another truck.

"So, how is it, anyways, that the gang came to be?" Brian asks Mia.

"What?" Mia asks, looking up from her food.

"The gang", Brian repeats.

"The gang? No, they don't call themselves a gang", Mia says with a laugh.

"What do they call themselves?", Brian asks trying to learn more information about the team.

"They're a team, they call themselves a team. But if you were to ask Presley she would say family", Mia replies.

" All right. How did the team come to be", Brian asks.

"Well, that's a whole lot of history", Mia answers him.

"I've got time", Brian says, trying to dig deeper.

"Okay. Vince grew up with my brother. Actually, he didn't ever actually grow up as you can tell. But they were friends as kids. And Presley she didn't have a great childhood, she has a bad past but even then she was always just there you know. Whenever someone needed anything they would just ask Pres, she would even help you if you didn't ask for the help, she has just always been like that. She's everybody's shoulder to lean on, she has always been like my big sister. And well she mainly grew up at my house and was always around cars, so Dom always had her attention. But secretly I am almost 100% sure Dom has always been rapped around her finger and she didn't even know. And then there's Letty, her and Pres have been pretty inseparable ever since they were 10", Mia says.

Brian takes in all the information, "How does Jesse fit into the whole thing".

" Jesse. Well, Jesse and Leon just sort of showed up one day and never left. Partly because of Presley and her unbelievable cooking", Mia says with a laugh. "But it's just the way my brother is, you know. Dom's like... He's like gravity. Everything just gets pulled to him. Even you".

"No", Brian says shaking his head, "The only thing that pulled me in was you. Being friends with your brother is just a bonus".

"That's good", Mia says smiling at Brian. "It's nice to come first every once in a while".

They both smile at each other before Mia says, "Do you want to go for a drive". Brian just looks at her and nods his head as they leave the restaurant.

Once the team get back they are all in the back playing football, while Mia and Brian are still on their date.

After playing for hours in the rain they go back inside and to bed. Pres gets changed into her pjs and lays in bed next to Dom.

" I can't sleep", Presley says after 15 minutes of laying in bed.

Dom laughs and looks down at her, "Why not?".

"Cause I can't sleep", Presley says looking at Dom with a smile.

Dom laughs at Presleys reply, " I have an idea", is all she says before she gets up and runs downstairs. Dom having no choice follows her down. Once he gets downstairs he walks to the kitchen and sees Presley getting 2 mugs for hot chocolate out.

"What the hell are you doing", Dom asks.

"We are going to drink hot chocolate and watch a movie, we haven't done that in ages", Presley says.

"Pres, I love you, but it's 12:00", Dom says going into the kitchen and hugging her from behind. Presley just shrugs in reply and gives Dom his mug of hot chocolate and pulls him into the living room.

"What movie do you want to watch", she asks. Dom just shrugs so she puts on Clueless. She snuggles closer to Doms bare chest and puts a blanket on top of them, as he kisses the top of her head. 

" I love you", Presley says.

Dom looks down at her, "I love you too".

" Oh, I was talking about the hot cocoa, but I love you to", Presley says laughing.

Dom laughs and tickles her sides causing her to laugh even louder. They watch the movie, Presley saying almost every sentence knowing the movie by heart. After about an hour they both are asleep on the couch with Dom holding Presley.

Also who else loves Dom and Pres's night time talks. And her movie selection.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 4.9K 26
(ꜰᴀꜱᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴜʀɪᴏᴜꜱ 6 - ʜᴏʙʙꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱʜᴀᴡ)
71.9K 2.2K 43
Eden O'Connor was dead, or at least, that's what everyone thought. Brian, Eden's older brother, believed he had lost his sister after becoming a part...
13.8K 264 49
Julia loved Shawn for everything he was, and he needed her for everything she became.
45.4K 945 16
Sequel to Coming Home. Isabella has now somewhat come to terms that she is a Toretto, unlike she was lead to believe for marjority of her life. Here...