chapter 7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

*outfit inspiration for chapter*

 The next day Mia and Brian are in the garage working on the decal for Brian's car, and Pres working on her car.

"Looks good", Brian says, coming up hugging Mia from behind as she puts on the decals.

"Thank you", Mia says with a smile leaning back into Brian's embrace.

Dom sees this and walks inside the garage, looking at Brian like he could kill him. Brian stands up, "I have to make a part run to Simi Valley for Harry '', he says.

"Drive safe", Dom says looking at Brian. Even though Brian and Dom are now friends he still doesn't like him with Mia. Brian and Mia say goodbye as he leaves the garage.

"Isn't there a test or something you should be studying right now?"Dom says, looking at Mia.

"Don't worry about it Dom, I can handle it. I know what I got to do, okay", Mia says.

"No, I am worried about it. You're not doing enough of it", Dom says.

Mia looks at him, "Get off my back".

Presley hears the conversation roll out from under the car as Dom works under the hood of the car. "Hey Dom, don't you think Mia is entitled for a little bit of happiness".

Dom comes out from under the hood, "Of course, I think she's entitled from happiness", he says about to turn back to the car but walks back, " I have to make sure she keeps moving forward, she doesn't belong here. What do you care anyway", he says p off.

" What do I care about? She's my family Dom. She's old enough to make her own decisions", Presley says looking at Dom.

"Presley", he sighs and turns around.

As he turns around Presley takes his arm and pulls him back , "What you should be worrying about, is who's gonna stick by your side", Presley says.

Dom looks down at her with a smirk, "You gonna stick by me".

"Maybe", Presley says with a smile unbuttoning his shirt.

"Maybe", Dom repeats, lightly laughing as Presley takes off his shirt.

"You don't always have to be such a tough guy", Presley says leaning closer to Dom.

As they begin kissing, Dom's hands make their way down to her butt before stopping below and picking her up, causing her to wrap her legs around his waist. Presley waves the rag in her hand with a smirk. Dom carries her over to the couch seats in the back corner and goes back to kissing.

The next day the team, excluding Vince, are at the garage, with Brian's car being done.

"You ready for this", Letty asks them as Brian,Dom, and Presley get in the car. As they are driving around testing the car out they come to a red light pulling up besides a Ferrari.

"Nice car, what's the retail on one of those", Brian asks looking at the guy next to them.

"More than you can afford, pal. Ferrari", the guy says as he revs the engine.

"Smoke him", Dom tells Brian, causing Pre to smirk. As soon as the light turns green both the cars take off. The cars stay side by side until they reach 2 cars in front of them. Brian weaves through the traffic, so does the other car, before they are both by each other. Brian smokes then takes the lead and leaves him in the smoke from the dust. They pull off to a restaurant off the side of the road.

"So, what's wrong, Brian?" Dom asks Brian, as Brian looks at his shrimp.

" Nothing, man. I'm fine", Brian answers unbelievably.

"Come on. Obviously somethings wrong off", Dom says. Brian just shrugs his head in reply. "Right Presley?", Dom asks. Presley nods in reply, sipping on her Pepsi.

"Look I have my good days and bad days just like anybody else", Brian says to them.

"Brian, don't lose that cool of yours. That's your meal ticket", Dom says.

"My meal ticket? I can't pay for my own shrimp?" Brian asks them.

"I got the shrimp", Presley says as she pulls the tray closer to her.

"No, that's one thing about me you don't understand. I don't take handouts. I earn my way, every step. I just gotta earn something extra on the side, like you", Brian rants before taking a bit of shrimp.

Presley looked at him in suspicion, how would he know.

" What do you mean, like me? What's that supposed to mean" Dom asks him, while Pres thinks more about what he said.

"That's what I mean", Brian says.

"What does that mean, like me?" Dom asks him.

"Don't try. I'm not stupid, all right? I know that there's no way you paid for all that shit you got under the hood", Dom motions for him to not talk as loud, " There's no way you paid for what's under the hood of those cars by doing tune-ups and selling groceries. Whatever it is you're in on, I want in on it too", Brian says.

Dom looks at him and then reaches into his shirt pocket and pulls out a piece of paper before handing it to Brian.

"What's this", Brian asks.

"Read it", Dom tells him.

"What's this for?", he asks as he looks at the paper.

"It's directions. To Race Wars. We'll see how you do. Then we'll talk", Dom replies looking at Presley.

Once they get back to the house after dropping Brian off they go into the garage and work on Presleys car for Race Wars. They work for about 15 minutes in silence before Presley comes out from under the hood.

"It was a bit suspicious Dom, even you know that", Presley says looking at Dom, who is inside the car working on the NOS.

He just shrugs in reply, " Come on Dom there's something off about him".

"How do you know that", Dom asks.

"Because I'm not blind, he comes to the shop out of nowhere, and is now asking about something no one but the team know. Come on Dom, maybe Vince is right and there is something that's not adding up", she says looking at him.

"Like what, he's a cop?", Dom asks.

"Yes, exactly. For once I am siding with Vince", Presley says.

Dom steps out of the car, "Okay, I'll keep an eye out".

"You better make sure that eye of yours catches him before it's to late", Presley says.

Dom walks up to her, "I won't let anything happen to you, Mia, or the team".

He gives her a hug as she leans in to his embrace. 

Hope you liked it