chapter 3

----------------------------------------------------------

          Once all the cars were lines up ready to race and Leon gave the okay, Presley walked to the middle.

"Okay boys when racing always remember 3 things , be safe, be smart, and most importantly be fast", she says the last part looking at Dom who gives her a smirk in reply. " Ready, Set, Go!", she says with a smirk coming across her face as the cars pass her.

          She walks over to Mia and Letty, who are leaning on the cars. "How do you think Brian will do", Letty asks Mia.

" I don't know but the likelihood of him beating Dom is slim to none", a blushing  Mia replies. Letty and Presley laugh in response.

"I think he is a good driver, not as good as Dom, but good. You can tell he hasn't been racing as long because of the way he drives, he focuses too much on what is happening in the race rather than the outcome of the race", Presley says with a smirk on her face.

"Of course you would know, you are the almighty goddess of cars", Letty says sarcastically. Presley just smirks in reply and bows as Mia laughs.

        " Here's what you won, right here", Hector says giving the cash to Dom once he steps out of the car. "You were racing a bunch of skateboards. Know what I mean?" Hector continues on.

Dom just smirks in reply and gives Mia the money to count it. Dom walks over to where Leon and Presley were play fighting. He picks her up," And you're my trophy ", he says before giving her a kiss.

She looks at him and smiles," Always" she replies. As Dom sets her down the see Brian's car come to a stop, people surrounding his car.

         Dom puts his arm around Presley and walks over to Brian's car. "What are you smiling about", Dom asks as he sees Brian smiling like a Cheshire cat.

" Dude. I almost had you" Brian says, this just makes Presley shake her head knowing Dom wouldn't let that slide.

"You never had me. You never had your car", Dom says making Brian's smile fall. " Granny-shifting. Not double-clutching, like you should. You're lucky that 100 shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake. Almost had me?", he continues on, walking around the car with his arm around Presley's shoulder. Presley couldn't help but let out a small laugh as he was saying this and the crowd was just eating it up. "Now me,Pres, and the mad scientist have to rip apart the block and replace the rings you fired. Ask any racer. Any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by a inch or a mile. Winnings. Winning." he says as he lifts his arms up making Presley roll her eyes.

"We got cops. Cops!", we hear Leon through the radio Presley couldn't see where Dom went,people were knocking in to her until she felt a hand on her arm pull her.

" Brian, what the hell?", Presley says.

"I saw that you were lost and needed to get away",Brian says once they get in the car.