chapter 14

The next day Presley gets a call from Brian, "Hey I got a lead, I'll be outside the house in a few minutes

The next day Presley gets a call from Brian, "Hey I got a lead, I'll be outside the house in a few minutes."

"Okay, thanks"

As soon as Brian picks her up they go downtown to an apartment building. They get out of the car and hear a yell causing them to look up and see a man hanging out of a window which makes them run up the stairs. Presley looks in the room and sees Dom holding the man by his foot. They hear the man yelling please to Dom.

"Dom! Bring him up!" Presley says to Dom causing him to look back at her and Brian.

"You here to take me in, O'Conner?"

"Letty was my friend, too," Brian says, hoping to get Dom to bring the man back up.

"You weren't anyone's friend," Dom says.

"Letty was running for this guy, Braga, and things went bad. I'm going to get these guys, Dom. Now let me do my job and bring him up."

"I'm going to kill this Braga, and anyone else who gets in my way," Dom says before dropping David, who grabs onto the window. As Dom leaves he looks at Presley who gives him back the same look.

After they bring David up and get the information on the race, Presley begins working on her car. Once she gets to the race she sees a familiar face coming near her. "Hey, Gisele. Long time no see," Presley says before giving her a hug. They had known each other from before she met the Toretto's and kept in touch every couple of years ever since.

"Presley, I assume that the guy that just came in is Dom."

"Correct."

They make small talk as they walk up to where the other racers are. Once they get up there she makes eye contact with Dom causing her to look away, she moves and stands in between him and Brian.

"You all know why you're here," Campos says as he swings at the golf ball. "Good drivers are a dime a dozen. Man, every corner got a chingadera tuner racing for pinks. That's not what Braga has got me looking for. Braga wants someone that would sell their abuelita to be behind the wheel. Someone that drives their 10-second car, not in a straight line, but to push it and make it through places no else would take it, real drivers."

"So, what are we hauling?" Dom asks. Presley turns her head over to look at him, not surprised he would ask this.

"For the money, Bragas is paying, you don't need to know."

Presley knows Dom isn't happy with this answer, " You just said you wanted real drivers. A real driver knows exactly what's in his car."

"Mira, real driver, nobody's forcing you to race," Felix says as he moves in front of Dom.

"You the boss? Or am I talking to the boss?" Dom asks him.

Felix steps closer, "Do I look like a boss?"

Campos intervenes, "My job is to find the best drivers, period. Whoever wins gets the info. Are we cool?" Dom doesn't answer. "Are we cool?"

"Yeah, we're cool," Dom answers as Gisele starts walking around giving each of them a GPS.

"No, we ain't cool, man," A driver says. "Who's closing these streets?"

Campos laughs, "No one. That's the point."

We all get in our cars and get in the lineup as the GPS starts downloading. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Dom asks Brian.

"A lot has changed," Brian answers him.

"You're right," Dom says in agreement before turning to Presley, "You'll be alright?"

Presley nods, "I'll be fine. Ride or die."

"Ride or die."

"Three, Two, One, GO!" The drivers all take off with Dom doing a wheelie. Dom takes the lead with Presley and Brian right behind him. "Right turn ahead, You are now five miles from your destination." They make another turn on Main Street. Brian takes the turn too wide and almost gets hit by the incoming traffic. Presley quickly accelerates and gets ahead of them both. Brian bumps into Dom before getting in front of him. Dom drives in the traffic trying to get ahead of Brian.

"Right turn ahead. You are 2.6 miles from your destination." The drivers keep trying to get ahead of Dom and Presley who are neck and neck. "You are now a one-quarter mile from your destination." Brian gets the head of Dom but not Presley. Dom hits NOS before Biran does. Dom sees Brian coming up behind him and chips his back bumper causing him to lose speed. Presley and Dom cross the line at the same time. "You have reached your destination. Goodbye"

They get out of their cars, "At least we know you can't beat me straight up." Brian says pissed off.

"I didn't know there were any rules," Dom says with a smirk.

"Now that's what I call real driving," Fenix tells Presley and Dom.

Brian shakes his head, "No, that's bullshit, man."

"Go cry to your mama, eh?" Fenix says.

Campos walks over to us, "You work for Braga now. When the GPS calls, you follow."

Gisele walks over to us, "Drivers license."

"What driver's license?" Dom asks.

"Thumb," Gisele asks, causing Presley and Dom to scan their thumbs.

"Cell Phone number," Gisele asks causing Presley to laugh.

"Still have a sense of humor don't you," Presley says as she and Gisele share a smile before Gisele walks away.

Dom looks at Presley, "I miss you."

She looks up at him, "I miss you too. But I have to get back to Mia before she worries even more."

He nods in understanding, "I love you, Presley."

"I love you more Dominic."

Presley get back into the car and smiles before looking up, "I miss you so much Letty, you to Jesse." She opens her eyes and looks at the picture she has in her car of the whole team.

sorry for the wait, i've started another fast and furious story but will still continue updating this story more often! hope you enjoy:)