๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐œ๐ž๐ง๐ญ | ๐ญ๐จ๐ฆ๐ข๐จ...

By matsunomizuki

A story where a certain hashira who wears a mismatched haori saved a girl from a snowy mountain, and unexpect... More

Prologue
Introduction
โ„๏ธ 01
โ„๏ธ 02
โ„๏ธ 03
โ„๏ธ 04
โ„๏ธ 05
โ„๏ธ 06
โ„๏ธ 07
โ„๏ธ 08
โ„๏ธ 09
โ„๏ธ 10
โ„๏ธ 11
โ„๏ธ 13
โ„๏ธ 14
โ„๏ธ15
โ„๏ธ 16
โ„๏ธ 17
โ„๏ธ 18
โ„๏ธ 19
โ„๏ธ 20
โ„๏ธ 21
Author's Note
โ„๏ธ 22
โ„๏ธ 23
๐ŸŽ„ Christmas Special
โ„๏ธ 24
โ„๏ธ 25
โ„๏ธ 26
โ„๏ธ 27
โ„๏ธ 28
โ„๏ธ 29
โ„๏ธ 30
โ„๏ธ 31
โ„๏ธ 32
โ„๏ธ 33
โ„๏ธ 34
โ„๏ธ 35
โ„๏ธ 36
โ„๏ธ 37
โ„๏ธ 38
โ„๏ธ 39
โ„๏ธ 40
โ„๏ธ 41
โ„๏ธ 42
โ„๏ธ 43
โ„๏ธ 44
โ„๏ธ 45
โ„๏ธ 46
โ„๏ธ 47
โ„๏ธ 48
โ„๏ธ 49
โ„๏ธ 50
โ„๏ธ 51
โ„๏ธ 52
โ„๏ธ 53
โ„๏ธ 54
โ„๏ธ 55
โ„๏ธ 56
โ„๏ธ 57
โ„๏ธ 58
โ„๏ธ 59
this isn't a part of the story but some explanations
โ„๏ธ 60
โ„๏ธ 61
โ„๏ธ 62
โ„๏ธ 63
โ„๏ธ 64
โ„๏ธ 65
โ„๏ธ 66
โ„๏ธ 67
โ„๏ธ 68
โ„๏ธ 69
โ„๏ธ 70
โ„๏ธ 71
โ„๏ธ 72
note

โ„๏ธ 12

3.8K 106 83
By matsunomizuki

As Kanao's training continued, you made your way inside until you remembered the young boy who was brought here last time by Amane.

Aoi was about to enter the hospital ward and saw you. "Oh, welcome back!" She greeted and smiled.

You also smiled at her and entered the ward, where the boy was already awake. He doesn't have any expression on his face at all.

"Is he okay?" You whispered to Aoi.

"He's been like that ever since yesterday when he woke up," she answered before reaching his bed. "I was ordered to make you eat this, you need this to keep you in shape," she said to the boy.

The boy's green irises moved towards you, to Aoi, and to the food. "T-Thanks."

Aoi placed the tray on a bed table where he started eating slowly while Aoi stepped back, giving him a proper distance. "He can't remember anything. We've tried asking him and he only knew his name," she told you in a low voice.

"What's his name?" You asked.

"Tokito Muichirou," Aoi answered. "Amane-sama has been watching them ever since their parents died. He's just eleven, I feel so bad."

Your eyes turned even softer as you stare at the boy on the bed, and can't help but to feel pity on him. He's just eleven and he already lost his parents, and now he lost his twin brother.

"Amane-sama said that Tokito was never hurt that bad. So we're guessing that he lost his memories because of what happened," Aoi said. "Trauma."

You heave out a sigh. "I don't know if I'm really saying this right but, I think it's better for him to not remember anything just yet...What happened to him is just not...so nice, especially for a young boy like him."

"That's what Shinobu-san also said. She wants him to take his time remembering it on his own," she said. "He looks better now, but unaware of everything around him."

An idea came out of your mind so you made your way towards his bed and sat on the chair beside it. "Hello! I'm Soyama F/N, you can just call me F/N-chan if you want?" Aoi looked at you and disbelief, wondering what you are doing.

Muichirou looked at you in surprise but his lips slowly curved into a small smile. "I am Tokito...M-Muichirou..."

"And so I've heard," you muttered. "So, how are you feeling?"

"I am fine...I think," he answered.

"Is there anything that hurts?"

He shook his head. "Not at all...Just a bit of headache," he said. "Thanks for your concern."

"Oh, it's nothing! But if you feel something wrong, tell us right away so we can aid you, okay?" You said and grinned.

He hummed as a response with a smile. "I...will."

At some point, he reminded you of the time you were brought here at the same age.

The time flies so fast that it has been two months since your battle with the Lower Moon Six. Everything runs smoothly and you're still doing missions of killing demons, yet the thought of the Crescent Moon Demon never left you mind.

Everytime you encounter a demon, you'll always ask them about the existence of the Crescent Moon but no one has ever exceed your expectations. Most of them doesn't actually know about it and some of them just won't speak of it, as if they were scared of disclosing about it.

But this time is different.

You pointed the end of your sword towards the neck of the demon while Giyuu remained at the back, watching you. "You'll about tot die anyways. Why not make yourself a bit useful?" You said to the demon.

The demon gritted his teeth. "Just kill me if you want!" He yelled.

You sighed. "Not yet. Tell me all you know about the Crescent Moon Demon."

The demon groaned in annoyance. "Fine! Fine!"

"Speak up!" You said.

"What do you want to know about her?!" He asked in a loud tone.

You tilted your head. "Her? So it is a girl?"

"Is this really necessary, F/N?" Giyuu asked.

"Yes, Tomioka-san. This is the only way for us to learn about that demon," you answered before turning to the demon again. "Now, about the Crescent; how many are they?"

"What do you mean how many?! She's only one!" He answered, still struggling from your hold.

"One? Alone? Then why is she called the Crescent Moon Three?" You asked.

"That's because she's the sister of the Upper Moon Three!"

Huh? "Isn't the Crescent a demon whom Muzan didn't create?"

The demon hissed. "I don't know! A Crescent Moon Demon is a human! A human who can turn into a demon and back to being a human as she pleases," he explained. "I just know that she's a human with a drop of demon blood running in her body, thus she became a Crescent after her sibling was promoted as an Upper Moon Three."

You raised your brows and nodded. "So it is rare," you said. "Even if you have a demon blood whatsoever, if you don't have a sibling from the Upper Moon, you won't became a Crescent, that's what you mean, right?"

"YES! NOW FUCKING KILL ME ALREADY!"

You stopped for a moment, thinking of what you just learned about the Crescent Moon. You won't kill the demon yet. You still have a lot of question. "Yoru is her name right?" You asked.

"Yes."

"Have you met her?" You asked.

"The Crescent Moon Three is almost not yet born. Only her spirit lingers everywhere especially in a demon's mind whenever they see her human form," he answered calmly. "The Upper Moons also commanded us to not put up a fight nor touch the Crescent Moon or they won't hesitate to kill us mercilessly. Challenging her is as if inviting her to kill every demon, even the Upper Moons."

"So Yoru is actually a strong one? Same level as Kibutsuji?" Giyuu asked as he walked closer to where you are.

"No one knows. But the Crescent Moon Three is an actual enemy of us who came from him," he said. "He wants Yoru-sama to be his right hand."

"It's spinning," you whispered. "What do you mean about her being not yet born?"

"Her physical form. We believe that her body's still growing from within. She's a human and that human's probably unaware that she's also the Crescent Moon and doesn't have the capabilities of releasing her. Like an evolving chick on an egg shell," he answered. "Now will you just end me before he does? I've said so much."

You sighed and positioned yourself to cut his head. "It's a wonderful discovery. I appreciate your words," you said. "May the gods forgive you for what you have done in the past." You swung your sword through his neck.

Your eyes widened upon seeing him smiled softly as he closed his eyes, accepting his fate.

The demon started to disintegrate away as an ash, but before he could completely disappear, he opened his eyes once more to look at you for the last time only to see a whole white place.

The place is just pure white and bright, and the temperature is cool. He looked at his hands and was surprised that his body's still complete and unharmed. His eyes shifter everywhere around the place and saw a lady who's facing her back on her. She's wearing a blue kimono and has long black hair.

"You have my full gratitude of bein useful, Kenji," the lady spoke.

"Who...are you?"

Her voice was so calm that it bothered him. Yet at some point, it felt peaceful.

"I am a certain someone that everyone is searching for," she answered. "You did a great job of helping them by giving them information about my existence."

Kenji's eyes widened at the realization. "Y-Yoru-sama?" The lady giggled and slowly faced him. "I'm sorry. Am I not allowed to tell—"

"You are allowed and you did the right thing," she said.

His jaw dropped after seeing her appearance and what felt so ethereal. His eyes focused on the engraved markings on Yoru's white pupils that says 'Crescent Moon Three'. "So it is you."

"Yes, it is me," she chuckled. "I appreciate what you did, Kenji. I can already feel my arrival soon enough."

"Then...it is a pleasure," Kenji said.

Yoru smiled softly. "Your death won't be in vain. Comparing to the other demons, they also died by my hands. Yet I let the slayer kill you on her own because I see no point on doing it myself," Yoru said. "Run, you're free."

"The...slayer?"

Yoru smirked at him before disappearing, leaving Kenji alone.

His eyes widened and he covered his mouth with his hands when he thought about it. "Then that...that means."

to be continued.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 307 7
Noun loveship (countable and uncountable, plural loveships) 1. The act of falling in or making love; courtship.
69.2K 2.9K 46
INUMAKI TOGE X OC There aren't many left, those of the Golden Age who've preserved in their original glory. Like ruins, even the greatest have decay...
28.8K 912 27
โŒˆ i loved you yesterday, i love you still, i always have and i always will โŒ‹ Anime- โ€ข Haikyuu!!! โ€ข started- july 20, 2021 completed- december 4, 2021
710K 10K 41
"It's you that I hold on to."