King of Hearts (A Steve Roger...

By smellslikehotgorlshi

Sam Wilson and YN King grew up together, served in the air force together, lost friends and family together... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Epilogue
Books By Annabelle

Chapter Twenty-One

2.6K 76 34
By smellslikehotgorlshi

**It's my birthday tomorrrooooowww 

Happy bday to me xox

YN twisted her fingers together, rolling her neck to try and ease the tension there. She looked to her right, where Bucky was tapping a metal finger against the table in front of them.

"You alright?" YN whispered, leaning back in her chair casually, scanning the room quickly. Bucky nodded, making YN turn back to him. "You sure?" Bucky turned a stern look toward the young woman, making her hands raise in surrender.

Sam cleared his throat, resettling in his chair. "How long are we meant to wait here? It feels like I'm waiting for the death penalty." YN nodded her agreement, beginning to bite her lip anxiously.

"They should be here shortly." Tony murmured only briefly looking up from the computer he was tapping on.

"Have we heard from T'Challa and Shuri? Is Shuri okay?" YN asked, breaking another five minutes of silence.

"I spoke to T'Challa this morning, Shuri is fine, however they have run into their own issue in Wakanda, so we may be on our own for this one." YN frowned at Natasha's words, lifting up her hand to bite at her fingernails. "YN, they'll be fine." Looking up to the redhead, YN nodded hesitantly.

Not a moment later, Secretary Ross and a few armed men walked into the room, making the three fugitives sit up straight in their seats. YN eyed the guns that sat at the large men's hips, fists clenching under the table.

"Mr. Wilson, Mr. Barnes and Miss. King." Ross greeted, making YN narrow her eyes.

"That's Officer Wilson, Sargent Barnes and Sargent King, thank you." She responded, raising an eyebrow as the older man's eyes landed on her.

"Do you think you still deserve those titles?" He sneered, placing his hands on the table and leaning toward her.

"Considering we just saved the Presidents life, yeah, I think we do." YN smirked, crossing her arms tightly. "Now, get on with what you're offering us." She ordered, making everyone hold their breath for the Secretary's response.

The man looked at her for a short moment before grabbing a brief case off of the man to his left. "Rumlow is using highly advanced technology, some of which could give Stark a run for his money." The mentioned man scoffed, rolling his eyes as he leant back in his chair. "We don't think our run of the mill task force will be enough-"

"So, let me get this straight? You want to use us to take down Rumlow, who threatens the very country that was trying to hunt us down not even two days ago?" Sam chuckled, shaking his head. "Unbelievable."

"Or I could arrest you? Whichever works for you." Ross smiled, making YN clench her teeth painfully.

"Couldn't keep us locked up last time, what's to say things have changed?" Sam retorted once more, sending a wide smirk toward the Secretary.

"We will consider wavering Sargent Barnes' crimes, as well as Officer Wilson's and your own, if you cooperate." He replied, laying out a file on the table. YN tapped her foot, poking the corner of her mouth with her tongue.

"I won't settle for considering. If we help you, those crimes are gone. Diminished." Ross sighed as YN weighed in, running a hand through his hair. Nodding, YN licked her lips that were pulling into a smile. "Good choice." Grabbing the file, YN ran her eyes over it as Ross explained to the rest of the group the whereabouts of Rumlow and his followers. "What about Captain Rogers?" YN piped up suddenly, slamming the file onto the table.

"Excuse me?" Ross responded, turning away from Tony who also looked over to the younger female.

"Steve? Will he be excused for his crimes?" Ross puffed out a breath, exchanging a look with Tony. "Oh, you have got to be kidding me. Really Stark?" Tony closed his eyes, shaking his head. "Then no deal on my end. Arrest me, because there ain't no way, I'm helping you if Steve isn't taken care of." Ross laughed then, making the blood under YN's skin boil.

"You think we need you?" Ross laughed again, YN's fingernails pressing deeply into her palms. "You're a tag along. We only agreed to this meeting for those two." Bucky and Sam looked at each other quickly before fixing a glare on the salt and pepper haired man. "You aren't special, YN. And you are in no position to be giving out ultimatums."

YN grit her teeth, turning a cold glare on the old man. "It's funny, you think Sam is going to agree to this now? You think Bucky will? Or your precious Captain?" YN laughed loudly, getting to her feet, not failing to notice the armed men reach for their weapons. The other two men smirked, also getting to their feet. "It's kind of an all or none deal here, boss. So, I'll say it again. Steve is free, or we are going to have a big problem."

"YN." Tony warned, pushing his chair back and standing to his full height.

"Don't even, Tony." YN gritted out, not taking her eyes off of the Secretary. "I thought we were getting somewhere. How could you agree to this?"

Tony cleared his throat, slowly approaching the woman who was becoming increasingly more on edge. "I didn't agree, he just wouldn't take no for an answer." YN looked into Tony's brown eyes, searching for an ounce of a lie. Not spotting anything to say otherwise, YN nodded, turning her attention back to Ross.

"Well? What's your play?" Sam glared at the older man, cocking his head with folded arms.

"We will ensure Captain Rogers' crimes are cleaned up as well." Ross resigned, rolling his eyes to a shut. "Now sit down." YN didn't move for a moment, flicking her eyes between Ross' before sighing and sitting back down, finally able to begin the meeting.

"Before we make our move, I want to see Steve." YN demanded an hour later, as they exited the conference room, the demand making Ross sigh heavily.

"I will have a car collect you." He noticed her glare and grunted. "Collect the three of you." YN sent Ross a condescending smile, blinking her eyes innocently.

--------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later, YN was pushing open a door silently, entering into the hospital room and closing it just as quietly. She looked over to the sleeping blonde, his hair falling down into his eyes and his chin showing the effects of not having a good shave for a week or so.

YN smiled, sitting down in the arm chair on Steve's right. Taking in his current state, YN could tell that the serum had accelerated his healing process, however, he still had an arm in a cast and bruising covering half of his face.

As she was casting her eyes down his handsome facial features, she caught sight of two blue irises staring directly at her. "YN." He breathed, trying to sit up slightly.

"Hey, be careful." YN whispered, moving closer to the man on the bed. "How are you feeling?" She whispered, resting a hand on the bed.

Steve grabbed it, squeezing it in his own. "Better now." YN smiled, shaking her head with a blush. "What about you? Are you okay?" YN nodded, not saying much else. "How are you even here? I could have sworn I saw you getting arrested." YN chuckled, shaking her head.

"Don't worry about that. Just worry about yourself." YN choked out, gritting her teeth harshly.

"What about Rumlow? Did they get him?" Steve continued, not catching the mood change.

"Steve, just... God, seeing you..." YN cut herself off, shaking her head again. "Having to watch you die..." YN swallowed, closing her eyes.

"Hey, you brought me back. You saved my life, YN." YN sucked her lip into her mouth, trying with all her being not to break in front of the captain. "It's okay, I'm here." YN nodded, looking away to regain her composure. "Thank you, by the way. Natasha told me what happened, that they'd stopped. That I was gone for over ten minutes and they were calling it but you wouldn't give up. If it weren't for you..." Steve broke off, hearing the young woman choke out a sob. "Hey, come on. Look at me, I'm fine."

"Steve, you died. You were dead." Steve nodded, holding out his good arm to urge her to move closer. YN complied, sliding into the bed next to him. "I'm really glad you're okay." She whispered, pressing her wet cheek against Steve's side.

"Me too, YN." Steve responded, squeezing her small body tightly. There was a question gnawing at the inside of Steve's brain, making him stare down at the woman curiously. "So, all that stuff that happened before..." YN chuckled softly, tilting her head up to look the blonde in his blue eyes. She leant up, pressing her mouth against his softly.

"Yeah, what about it?" YN whispered, moving back only a few inches.

"Uh, I guess you just answered my question." Steve laughed, turning slightly so that they faced each other. "God, you are so beautiful." YN blushed profusely, averting her eyes bashfully.

"Stop it." She responded, pressing her face against to Steve's chest. They both chuckled again, falling silent for a few moments. "I can't stay much longer." YN whispered, sitting back up. "Sam and Bucky want to see you too."

"Okay, they can come in, but please stay." YN sighed, thinking for a moment before nodding.

"Okay, I'll go and get them." Steve watched her leave the room, waiting impatiently for nearly five minutes before the three of them slinked in, each having an expression of annoyance on their face. YN walked back to Steve's side, choosing to sit on the edge instead of crawling back into his embrace.

"How are you man?" Bucky asked, sitting down on Steve's left. "Had me worried." Steve chuckled, looking over to his best friend.

"I'm alright, pal." Steve replied, smiling at the brunette. "What did you guys get on Rumlow?" The room fell silent as the other two men stared at YN. "What?"

"Steve-"

"Bucky." YN interrupted, a glare pointed at the super soldier.

"What is it?" Steve insisted, sitting up straighter in his bed.

"We're moving in on him tonight." Sam piped up, avoiding the menacing stare YN was giving him. Steve's eyes widened, flicking between his three friends.

"Tonight? Alright, let me get a nurse in here to-" YN grabbed Steve's hand, sadly shaking her head.

"No, Steve. We are. You're staying here." Steve frowned, beginning to shake his own head in disagreement. "Steve, look at you. Your arm is in a cast, you still have wounds that are healing." YN cleared her throat. "Steve you were dead not even twelve hours ago."

Steve breathed in, releasing it slowly pulling his hand away. "That's why you wouldn't answer me before. You were going to go without telling me?" YN looked away guiltily. "Is this why you haven't been arrested? They're bargaining with you?" YN nodded, reaching for Steve's hand again but not getting to it before he pulled further away.

"We get Rumlow, in exchange we're free. All of us." YN tried to smile, quickly glancing at Bucky. "Well, Bucky has some mandated therapy sessions and Sam and I are on house arrest for six months." Steve nodded, looking over to his friend.

"And me?" YN sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"You're to read the Accords, highlight anything you disagree with and come to a negotiation with Secretary Ross." Sam muttered, glancing at YN apologetically.

"And whose decision was it to bench me?" Steve asked, still not responding to YN's affection.

"Ross mentioned getting you out of the hospital, but we all agreed you weren't recovered enough. It was a team decision. I didn't want to tell you only because I knew you wouldn't take it well." Steve sighed, finally looking into his lover's eyes.

"I suppose you were right then." Steve murmured. "Can I have a minute with YN, guys?" The two men nodded, each slapping a hand to Steve's shoulder as they exited, the captain calling out well wishes as they left. 

"Steve-"

"I'm not happy you kept it from me..." YN nodded, looking down. Steve sagged in resignation, grabbing YN's chin and making her face him. "But, I can't let you go into this thinking I'm mad at you. It wouldn't be right." YN grit her teeth, staring back into Steve's eyes. She leant down, pressing a searing kiss onto the blonde man's lips. Steve groaned, bringing his good arm around her body and pulling her against him. YN moaned, her eyes fluttering open as they pulled apart.

"I'm sorry I can't stay longer. It feels like whenever we get some time alone-" Before she could finish, Sam knocked and entered, gesturing to his phone where Natasha was sitting on the line. "We get interrupted." She muttered the rest of her sentence, looking back to Steve who was smiling sadly. "I better go." She whispered, leaning down to kiss Steve's cheek.

"Be careful." Steve whispered, holding her for a second longer. "Come back to me."

YN smiled, getting to her feet. "Always."  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 2.7K 16
"Do you really want to go down that road? You know you won't be able to come back." "I need to know." Captain America: Civil War Bucky Barne...
341K 10.2K 82
COMPLETED What happens when you add a third to the dynamic duo of Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes? Y/n was best friends with Bucky and Steve until they...
12.5K 658 28
He's alive, but Betty is still separated from her love. His memories are returning but there's still one thing he doesn't remember...their life toget...
267K 7.2K 42
BOOK 1 About five years ago, a one night stand tore Bucky's life apart. It was also the night before his wedding. Now he's married to her sister and...