Blank Space | Completed

By Balyumruk

[Grand winner of the Kfic Producer Awards Season 1] "So it's gonna be forever, or it's gonna go down in fla... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten (Part 1)
Ten (Part 2)
Eleven (Part 1)
Eleven (Part 2)
Twelve (Part 1)
Twelve (Part 2)
Twelve (Part 3)
Thirteen (Part 1)
Thirteen (Part 2)
Thirteen (Part 3)
Thirteen (Part 4)
Thirteen (Part 5)
Thirteen (Part 6)
Fourteen (Part 1)
Fourteen (Part 2)
Fourteen (Part 3)
Fifteen (Part 1)
Fifteen (Part 2)
Fifteen (Part 3)
Sixteen (Part 1)
Sixteen (Part 2)
Sixteen (Part 3)
Seventeen (Part 1)
Seventeen (Part 2)
Seventeen (Part 3)
Eighteen (Part 1)
Eighteen (Part 2)
Eighteen (Part 3)
Nineteen (Part 1)
Nineteen (Part 2)
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
A Couple Words

Epilogue

11.9K 341 799
By Balyumruk

A/N: TA-DAAAH!!

I was gonna wait for the anniversary of the book (which is November 5) but after long and detailed discussions with my baby xxthelastending (45 seconds) I decided to publish it now! I wrote nearly 18K of happy endings for you, you deserve it ❤️

I hope I didn't make too many mistakes and I hope you like it ❤️ 

After glancing around once more, Lisa backed to the wall as much as possible, trying to make herself invisible. Then she reached into her pocket and took the reason why she had been planning to hide all day; a big, delicious chocolate bar.

Knowing maybe she didn't have much time, she ripped the wrapping and took a bite. Her eyes closed happily. There wasn't one single logical reason for keeping her from this happiness, she knew it and that was why she was so angry at them. But at this moment, she wasn't going to let anyone take her chocolate time from her, even if the world was burnt down to ashes.

She was half way done when she heard the familiar sirens of an ambulance and she hid even more, cursing her luck. She just hoped for another doctor to rush in. A lot of her colleagues were on break, probably. So she took another bite as the ambulance stopped in front of the emergency entrance and its doors opened and paramedics jumped down hurriedly. It was anytime now that someone rushed out. Carefully hiding herself again, Lisa peeked around the corner to see which doctor came.

Except, no one did.

"Someone look over here!!!" the medic shouted as they brought the stretcher out and the nurse on call rushed out towards the medics. Defeated by her curiosity, Lisa peeked again. There was a lot of blood, a lot of panic and too many beeps of the patient's pulse. Moving her neck to see better, Lisa leant forward a bit more.

"Professor Manoban, thank god!" the emergency nurse's relieved voice reached her ears.

"Ah, fuck!" Lisa groaned. She looked at the half eaten chocolate sadly and put it into her pocket again. Barely managing to move out she glanced at the nurse and the paramedics who were frozen in panic.

"I'm not supposed to be here!" she hissed at them. "I'm supposed to be in my office!"

"But Professor –"

Well, since she was here and had gotten caught, she might as well take this case, Lisa thought. Pushing her hair back, Lisa went closer as quick as possible and looked at the stretcher. The person was covered in blood and at least five medics crowded around him. Three of them were pressing on different parts of the body to stop bleeding, one of them was trying to pump oxygen into his lungs and the other was tightening the bandages that kept his ankles from moving.

"Info," she demanded, checking the patient's injuries by hand as they started walking to the ER.

"24, male," the closest paramedic started. "Worker in a cleaning company. Fell from the 10th floor while cleaning the windows. There was a lot of bleeding to stop, we couldn't even touch other parts. Internal organs might be –"

Just then the patient took a breath and then his heartbeat stopped. So as the people around him. Lisa glanced at the vitals as adrenaline rushed into her system and looked at the closest paramedic.

"He's dying! Start CPR right now!"

Then, she turned to the ER nurse, "Get my OR ready and I don't care who is where – get me my team! Go! Go!"

"Your OR has already been prepared Professor," came the head nurse breathlessly. Lisa shooed her away, "Get my team!"

Upon hearing the beeping continue, she turned to the paramedic who was trying CPR and groaned and held the other paramedic.

"Not enough pressure – help me up!"

Everyone closeby looked at her bizarrely.

"I said help me up!! Do you expect me to climb up by myself?!"

The man blinked to reality, "I'm sorry, I'm –"

"On three," she held onto his arm. "One, two –"

It took her a couple manoeuvres but she managed to kneel on the stretcher, legs on either side of the patient, and started CPR immediately, "Start running now, don't move your hand," she hissed at the one holding a towel to the patient's neck. The girl nodded with big and panicked eyes, it was probably her first day, poor thing.

"Move away please!" Lisa yelled at the crowd, trying to keep her CPR stable as they collectively ran towards the OR wing. But people had a funny way of not understanding things when everything was crystal clear, didn't they? Just before Lisa could scream at the people again, the new girl's hand slipped and a gush of blood hit Lisa's face.

"Fuck!" she managed to turn her head around at the last second but part of the front of her scrubs and the whole left side of her face was covered in blood now, "I said don't move your hand!"

Another crowd was coming.

"Move away! Make way! Make way! Get the fuck out of my way!!" Lisa shouted loudly, making the crowd jump out of her way hurriedly and thankfully they turned the corner to the elevators of the OR wing of the hospital. The rest she could manage.

*

Stretching his arms as he walked to the main desk of the department, Jungkook craned his neck. What a day it had been... Five surgeries, a couple dozen broken bones, and his usual rounds combined together, he hadn't had the time to go see Lisa.

Unacceptable.

He smiled at the nurses who were gawking at him and stopped at the main desk to check and sign the charts of his patients for the last time before he went to see Lisa. He glanced at the group of excitedly whispering interns. It must've been something very important since they didn't even realise his presence, he guessed. Since he started working in the hospital, this was the safest way for him to figure out if there was something serious happening or not.

Just when he had only one chart left, another intern came running and stopped before she could crash into the group. Jungkook chuckled, shaking his head.

"She's in!" the new coming intern squealed excitedly.

"Oh my god!"

"And she's gonna do multiple surgeries! Bones, cardiac and maybe even brain!!!"

"That's too much for her –"

"Are you fucking serious, she can do them in her sleep –"

"No, I'm just saying because –"

"Where?!"

"Min-ah, which room?!"

"OR 5!!" intern Min squealed again. "She just entered, we can get a good spot if we run now, other interns were running too –"

"I can't believe I'm gonna see Professor Manoban in surgery!"

His hand stopped immediately in the middle of his sign and his head whipped towards the interns.

"Excuse me?"

The group turned to him with a round of small, startled screams.

"You said who is in OR 5 now?" he stared at them, not wanting to believe. Five or six of them were elbowing each other to be silent as if they were caught doing something they shouldn't have. Jungkook arched his brow and they avoided his eyes.

"Professor Lisa Manoban!" intern Min spoke excitedly and if he were attentive, Jungkook could've heard how the other interns groaned in regret. "An emergency patient just came in, he's in a horrible state, and she's in –"

"Oh for fuck's sake Lisa!" Jungkook groaned and leaving the interns in shock, he dodged them in his rush to OR 5.

"Well done, Min! Seriously!" one of the other interns scolded Min. She frowned.

"What did I do now?!"

"That was Doctor Jeon!"

"Who?" Min started blankly.

"As in Doctor Jeon Jungkook!" another one gave Min a nasty glare as the group started to rush too.

"So?" Min asked in confusion.

"Hello? He's her husband!"

"And Professor Manoban isn't supposed to be working for a while!" another intern huffed, fastening her steps. They all followed her in unison.

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh."

"Let's hope he doesn't try to force her out before we get there."

And thus, everyone was running to OR 5 like their lives depended on it now.

It was Professor Manoban in action, after all – a true living legend.

*

"Forceps."

Lisa opened her hand to her right and grabbed the forceps when handed to. She used it to open the chest a bit more.

"Hwayeon, open."

Her first doctor, Lee Hwayeon, a very talented surgeon who had been Lisa's intern once, immediately used the clamps and retractors to help widen her vision.

"Scalpel, 15C. Vitals?"

Her surgical nurse handed her the blade and Lisa started to cut carefully.

"BP is stable, 122/80. Heart rhythm is normal."

"Good. Blood."

She really loved her team, they knew what she meant just with one word and that was vital for surgeries. So with that just one word, they had cleared the blood in her way because Hwayoung had already had the suction tube ready in her hand. Sometimes, when they were in surgery for very long, Lisa didn't even have to talk, her team knew what to do to become her additional eyes and hands.

"Clean. Then there," Lisa pointed. "Dilator."

"Professor, the vessel – it's too narrow," the secondary doctor peeked in.

"It won't be when I'm done. Dilator. And S22."

A murmur erupted above them. One glance up and Lisa saw the crowd in the small observation room above her OR. It was full of interns standing at the back, trying to peek around each other's heads, with a couple of doctors and even some Professors sitting in the front line, brows furrowed as they were watching with utmost attention and focus.

And it really looked like there wasn't any room to even breathe.

"The word spread quickly," the secondary doctor explained, smiling behind her mask. "People rushed from everywhere when they heard you were in the OR, Professor."

"They always do," Lisa sighed, turning in front of her and starting to cut the tiny vein. "You'd think they would have gotten used to it by now."

"I've had the privilege to have been working together with you for years, and even I'm not used to it," Hwayoung commented lightly, bringing another clamp and the suction tube. "It's always fascinating to watch you in the OR, Professor."

Just when Lisa was about to reply, another voice came in.

"I know, right?"

Her hold on the blade tightening for a second, Lisa cursed.

"Oh fuck no."

A tad bit of scolding voice greeted her, "Hello, Professor Manoban."

"Hello, Doctor Jeon," she replied to him as if nothing happened and kept on with her work. He came and stood across from her, next to Hwayoung.

"I see you're operating."

His voice was openly accusing.

"How observant of you," Lisa said airily. "Clean."

There was giggling all around them and Jungkook took a deep breath.

"You're not supposed to be here."

"You're not either but here we are, right? Compress," Lisa pointed to the cut. Hwayoung pressed on it, obviously smiling behind her mask.

"Come on," Jungkook called calmly. "I'll finish the surgery. Leave please."

"No. It is my surgery. And I'm perfectly fine, stop fussing," Lisa spared a quick second to send a nasty look at him. "S22."

"Let me do it –"

"I'm holding a very sharp blade, Doctor Jeon," Lisa said loud and clear as she glared at him this time. "And you know I'm very good with it."

The laughter was loud in the OR whereas the observation room was frozen in shock. Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"You couldn't even cut the watermelon the other day."

The laughter got even louder as Lisa glared again. She wasn't worried about her image in her team, they were used to the bickering by now. But the interns and colleagues up in the observation room were a different story.

"I'm good at cutting people," she fired back. "And I have an open chest now. If you're here to –"

She stopped abruptly with a sucked in breath, a sharp stab of pain surged through her body and disappeared quickly.

"Lisa, are you okay?"

She blinked at Jungkook's worried face at first and then closed her eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again. She put her blades down.

"I'm fine. It's nothing. Suture."

"Lisa –"

"Jungkook, stop," she called seriously as she took the vicryl. "If you're that worried you can stay, fine. But please. Let me work."

Taking a deep breath of defeat, Jungkook walked to the other side of Hwayoung.

"Let me be her first, please," he requested, looking at the other doctor's amused face. "We'll leave it to you as soon as possible."

She smiled understandingly, "Of course, Doctor Jeon."

"Thanks, Hwayoung."

Lisa smiled a bit and pointed at her hands.

"Good. Now cut."

*

Approximately three and a half hours later Lisa tied the last knot with her hands. She craned her neck.

"Cut."

Jungkook cut the vicryl and then looked at Lisa sternly, "It's done. We're leaving."

"I know," she glared back before turning to the surgeon next to him. "Hwayoung, you can close."

"Yes, Professor."

Jungkook was next to her in a heartbeat. He took her arm to help her as they left the OR.

"Are you okay? Do you need to sit down? A wheelchair?"

Lisa was aching from head to toe but she had left enough pride to not let it show. So she huffed with a roll of her eyes.

"I'm fine. Stop fussing, Kook."

"You've been standing for five hours, Lisa," he said sternly while helping her to take off her surgery scrubs. "If you are so fine, why are you holding onto me so much?"

"Maybe I missed you? Haven't seen you for a while," she smiled sweetly while putting on her wedding rings back. She was using it as an excuse but also it was a bit true, sometimes they didn't see each other for days despite both working and living together.

Jungkook narrowed his eyes at her as they walked out of the OR section. "How sly of you, love. I'm not gonna let this go. You're lucky I missed you so much."

"I know, right?" Lisa grinned at him, patting his cheek and getting up to her tiptoes to kiss him. With a sigh, he kissed her back softly, sweetly, adoringly. Then they heard some squealing. When they both looked there, a group of interns and residents were staring at them in shock and admiration, some of them were even sighing in longing. When they saw they were caught, all of them turned pink and left hurriedly.

"You'd think they'd get used to it by now," he shook his head, gently moving her hair back.

"To you? Never," Lisa glanced at him and when he laughed, she smiled and took his arm. "But we need to talk about how you were so rude just now. My office, please."

Jungkook groaned, "Here we go again."

*

Lisa pushed Jungkook into her office and then closed the door behind her and locked it. Then with a frown, she walked to Jungkook, put her hands on her hips once she was face to face with him.

"Okay. Things you shouldn't do, Kook. Number one; don't interrupt me in the OR."

"You're not even supposed to be there!" he argued.

"Two," Lisa continued, raising her voice. "Don't talk about my knife skills and competency in front of three dozen interns and colleagues."

Jungkook rolled his eyes, "Me saying those things mean nothing, Lisa. Everyone already knows how you're the best in the world."

"Three! Stop restricting me in the hospital and let me work! I missed working, Kook," she whined this time, feeling her eyes sting. "I'm so bored here."

Jungkook looked away, ran his fingers through his hair in weariness and licked his lips before looking at Lisa again.

"Lisa. Baby. I'm repeating it in case you still haven't noticed somehow."

Knowing what will come after it, Lisa huffed in irritation, crossing her arms stubbornly but Jungkook ignored her and continued.

"Lisa, you're eight months pregnant."

"I know! Thank you!"

"The chemicals are extremely hazardous!"

"But I am fine!"

"Then why did you stop during the surgery today?" Jungkook demanded, getting angry now. Lisa squirmed at her feet, being caught red handed.

"It was just a kick, nothing more – caught me off guard –"

"Exactly!" Jungkook flung his arms to the air. "We can never know what can happen at this point! What if your water breaks during a surgery? What if we have a preterm birth?"

Lisa knew his worries were righteous but she still looked away stubbornly. He sighed again.

"Baby, please. We're in the third trimester. I just want you to be okay – both of you. Can't you be a bit more patient? Just one more month?"

His voice was pleading now and Lisa was feeling irritated again, knowing she was defeated. There was no point in fighting now. So she took a deep breath and her shoulders sagged.

"Okay..."

Relief visible even to the blind, Jungkook held her shoulders gently with that devoted smile of his.

"That's my girl. Just till our baby grows up enough for mom to look after –"

"No. I'll wait only three months," Lisa dismissed, looking up suddenly. "The rest three, I'm gonna bring –"

"The baby to hospital? Really?" Jungkook raised his brows. Lisa really whined this time, tears and all.

"Kook, please! I want to work!"

And he was a weak, weak man. Sighing, he caressed her cheek gently.

"We'll talk about it when the time comes. Now give me a kiss. A real one."

He leant in and she tilted her head up. Their lips met in the middle, soft and familiar, but still burning. Even after all this time, Lisa still shivered when he kissed her, still felt butterflies in her stomach and her heart still beat wildly.

A moment later, they stopped to sit down because Lisa was a very large woman now, and she had just come out of a nearly five hours long surgery, so her feet were killing her. She groaned when they sat down.

"I can't believe I'm tired after just one surgery. I used to do at least four consecutively without even getting out of the OR," she complained, managing to sit back as Jungkook placed a cushion behind her aching back.

"It's because you're twice the size now," he smiled sweetly and pulled her legs on his lap to massage them. "You'll be back in no time after birth."

"I hope so," she pouted but her hand was gentle in its caressing of her huge belly. Then the little baby pushed one hand up.

"Look," Lisa smiled, pulling up her scrub to bare her baby bump and then her fingers danced on her skin. Not so long after, they saw the tiny hand again, a tiny palm and five tiny fingers. Jungkook was mesmerised, eyes glued on Lisa's belly.

"It's just so..." he stopped, not knowing how to describe his feelings. Her heart overflowing with love, Lisa just watched him watching her bump. Since she had given him the news, Jungkook had been nothing but a man living on cloud nine.

"I am gonna be a dad," he had whispered, eyes as big as saucers and looking like he didn't dare to believe.

"Yes," Lisa had smiled.

"Seriously? Lisa, are you serious?" his voice was barely contained and he was holding the chair so hard, his knuckles were white.

"Yeah," Lisa had laughed then. "I am serious. I'm eight weeks pregnant. We're gonna have a baby, sweetheart."

"Oh my god!"

And then he had swept her off her feet with a hug so tight, Lisa couldn't breathe. Starting from that moment, it was a fairytale.

And now sitting in her office, watching their baby move in Lisa's belly, they could be the happiest couple in the world.

Jungkook leant in and placed a kiss on where the hand appeared, "I love you so much, little one. Mommy loves you, too."

"Well do you love Mommy, too?" Lisa teased him, covering her baby bump again in case she got cold. Jungkook laughed and moved a bit up.

"More than anything in the world," he murmured to her lips before pressing a kiss. Lisa closed her eyes as it got deeper. Parting their lips at the same time, his tongue slipped into hers to taste their love once more.

"You are my life, Lisa," he murmured again and then kissed her sweetly with every two words. "You're the best thing that happened to me. You're the love of my life, my everything. I'll do anything for you."

Lisa smiled wide and happy. Her heart was anticipating those words that had always followed the last sentence, never absent since day one. So she shivered when he added softly.

"But you should already know that."

Her mind hazy from the kisses and her soul pastel pink from love, Lisa sighed happily and cupped his cheek, opening her eyes. He was looking at her, watching her.

His eyes had always looked at her like this; with love, with devotion, so bright and sparkly, like she was the only thing in the world that mattered. Since the first time they had met, he had always been looking at her with the same eyes.

Jungkook had always been a bit dazed when they lost themselves in each other's gazes, still living that thrill of love. His lips had never been dry since the moment their relationship started all those years ago – hers, too. Always sweetly moist and tingly from their kisses because they didn't know how to kiss lightly or chastely. It was always deep, always long, and more often than not led to some other things they loved to do without care of where and when.

(In fact, Lisa was fairly sure that this very office was the place their little baby was conceived. She just didn't know which part of the office it was.)

They had been married for nearly three years now, nearing the ninth year of their relationship, and both of them still had that fluttering excitement of that fateful day Lisa first hugged Jungkook in front of her apartment during their school years. And they both were sure that this was the only thing that wasn't going to change until the day they die.

*

"Okay, the patient in Room 1209 needs to be checked every hour. I'm a bit worried about the recurrent infection of his surgical wounds," Jungkook flipped the chart in his hand, eyes quickly scanning the words. "Hmm, looks like that'd be it. Doctor Han is on call tonight. I know he has a reputation for being a bit grouchy, but don't worry and ask him for help if it's necessary."

The head nurse nodded solemnly, taking the chart in his hand and handing him another one as the youngest nurses took notes behind her. He opened the chart and started scanning again. This was the sixth one.

"Oh, room 4089, the patient with osteosarcoma. Well I've monitored her today, there shouldn't be any problem. But still check her vitals every hour and take a CT scan every four hours. This was the third surgery she had. So she must –"

A huff came from his right side, making him glance there. Lisa was sitting on a wheelchair, having been easily worn out nowadays, and was glaring at him.

"How about my patient?" she pouted.

The young nurses giggled before stopping themselves after a stern look from the head nurse, who was trying to hold her own smile back.

Jungkook sighed and took the last chart from the head nurse.

"Your patient is doing fine –" he had started, skimming through the page but with an unexpected agility from her, Lisa snatched the chart impatiently.

"Let's see," she looked at the numbers and information, excitement overflowing from her. Shaking his head, Jungkook couldn't help the soft smile on his face.

Lisa was chewing on her lower lip, "His vitals seem fine but he had five surgeries at once. His body must be worn out. Please don't forget to renew his IV drips every half an hour. And check his bandages, sutures must not bleed. I'm sure Doctor Lee did a great job, but there's always that 1% chance."

"Yes, Professor," the head nurse was smiling this time.

Lisa glanced up at her with a smile, "If something unexpected happens, please let –"

"Doctor Han know," Jungkook quickly completed her sentence as he stared at Lisa sternly. She replied with a huff.

"Baby, we have talked about this just today," he quietly reminded her. Lisa huffed again as she closed the chart with a bit more force than necessary.

There was an 'awww' coming from the young nurses, who quickly covered their mouths in embarrassment after realising what they did when Jungkook glanced at them.

He chuckled, feeling good now that Lisa was behaving.

"Anyway," Lisa continued, looking at the head nurse. "I'm counting on you, Nurse Kim."

"Of course, Professor," the woman was looking at Lisa with proud and soft eyes. "I personally will take responsibility for your patient. Please don't worry."

"Thanks," Lisa smiled wide and happy. The nurses bowed their heads as Lisa turned to Jungkook.

"Kook, I'm hungry. Feed me."

To that, no one was able to hold back their giggles. Even Jungkook laughed.

"Okay, let's go. We'll be at Jin hyung's in twenty minutes. I'm sure they cooked your favourites."

"Yes!" Lisa grinned, taking support from her husband as she stood up. "I can't wait."

The nurses bowed again with smiles and watched them leave as Lisa took Jungkook's arm. He gently walked her towards the exit while the youngest of the nurses took the wheelchair to move away.

"They're just so perfect," she sighed, watching the image of the two leaving.

"I know right?" another one replied, smiling. "I used to think these couples only existed in dramas."

"Happily married, young, rich, and successful," the only male nurse came beside the other two to watch the couple, too. "Isn't she the youngest Professor? I heard she's a legend."

The second nurse nodded, "Yes, she's very famous, too. I've been working here for two years and there have been a lot of people and even the press coming to see her frequently."

"But look how lovely they are," the youngest nurse changed the subject. "Do you ever get used to them, Nurse Kim?"

"A bit with time," the head nurse joined the conversation. "They are usually very professional. But sometimes when they're together in front of you, acting like the two halves of one person while talking about medical things, you get a bit starstruck. It's fascinating to see them interact."

"I heard they've been together since med school," the male nurse turned to his colleagues, his voice getting lower. The others leaned in a little as if conspiring something as he continued. "A hyung I know said he studied at Sungkyunkwan in the same years as them. He said Doctor Jeon had a freaking fanclub, he was really popular and he was a player. And that all of it was until he met Professor Manoban. He said Doctor Jeon fell for her immediately and started chasing after, rejecting everyone else. But Professor Manoban was so popular that Doctor Jeon had to compete with a lot of guys to date her. Hyung said Doctor Jeon even had to physically fight with some of them."

"Are you dumb?" the second nurse laughed. "He is Doctor Jeon Jungkook. He's a second gen chaebol who will inherit this hospital and his family is the richest in the whole country. Why would he have to compete with someone? He was a legend in med school with his looks, any girl would be at his feet if he wanted to date them."

"And Professor Manoban is THE Lalisa Manoban," the youngest nurse glared at the other young woman defensively. "Not only has she been a medical genius since she was fifteen, she was the most famous girl in the whole city because she was just so beautiful. When she had come to Sungkyunkwan, they say everyone lost their minds because she was so beautiful. Both men and women would stop and stare at her as she walked around. She was the most beautiful girl in the school's history. She is still the most beautiful woman in the country. And she has been chosen one of the most influential women in the world for five consecutive years. The academics started to choose her while she was still in her twenties, mind you. When she was a student, even Professors in the school went to her presentations to listen to her in case they'd learn something. She doesn't lack even half a thing."

"Are you her fan or something, Nurse Choi?" the male nurse laughed. The youngest nurse smiled smugly.

"Of course. I was the president of her fanclub back when I was in Sungkyunkwan."

"Wait, she has a fanclub?" the head nurse raised her brows.

"Of course, Nurse Kim! It's a big club, too. In fact, Professor Manoban is the reason I wanted to become a nurse, she's my role-model. I went to Sungkyunkwan because of her. She used to come and give speeches every year. Doctor Jeon came a couple of times with her, too. They are the legendary couple of the school."

"No wonder you're so passionate, then," the second nurse teased her friend. Just then, the head nurse cleared her throat.

"It'd be good if you're passionate about our patients, too. That's enough gossiping. Everyone, get to work."

With one or two last sighs, the small group scattered around. But during the same time somewhere in the hospital, some other group was gossiping about Professor Lisa Manoban–Jeon and Doctor Jeon Jungkook, anyway.

They always did, and always would.

*

"I swear the god if they don't move out –" Lisa panted, grabbing Jungkook tighter as she climbed up the stairs. Jungkook laughed.

"Just five more steps baby, then it's the elevator."

"I'm too pregnant for these steps!" Lisa whined this time, pouting when they were finally up the stairs. He laughed again, stirring her to the elevator.

"We're almost there."

"They better prepare my favourites or I'm throwing hands," Lisa grunted.

An elevator and sixteen floors later, they were in front of Namjoon and Jin's door, waiting for it to be opened. A loud voice came from the apartment as well as some horrible screams and a minute later the door was opened by a breathless Jin.

"Welcome!" the handsome man chirped with a big smile and then cooed at Lisa. "Aww look at you, so big now! Come in, come in. Don't forget the slippers, Joon just broke another bowl."

His following sighed drowned by a shrill scream. Grimacing, Lisa and Jungkook stepped inside and put on their slippers.

"I thought they weren't at home," Jungkook peeked inside while helping Lisa take her coat off. "Aren't they supposed to be at your parents'? That was Miyoung, right?"

Jin sighed again, leading them to the living room, "Yes. Well mom is late, as always, and they aren't exactly the epitome of patience –"

Another shrill scream cut his words, making all three grimace this time.

"And that would be Seyoung."

"This is exhausting," Lisa sighed. Jin laughed as he glanced at her huge belly.

"You have seen nothing, darling."

They rounded the corner and met with the mess and a lot of people.

Jin and Namjoon's apartment was open floor, with a big dining table separating the kitchen from the huge living room. The corridor led to four bedrooms as well as the master bedroom and two bathrooms. Then, a staircase to a lower floor led people to a library, a study room, a conference room, a game room, a small movie theater, another bathroom, and a small door that opened to their open terrace full of flowers and a sitting area.

This huge complex was built by a long time friend of Jin's family for Jin and Namjoon as a wedding present. The top two floors of the complex were designed specially by the couple themselves to have the perfect home just like they both wanted to settle down in.

With their little twin girls, Kim Miyoung and Kim Seyoung.

They had their twins through a surrogate mother four years ago. It was a nice surprise for both of them when the doctor said conceiving twins was possible, too. And since both of them were only children, they wanted their child to have a sibling that they can grow up with.

Babies being girls was another nice surprise.

So here they were, four years later, living a stable and happy life with their beautiful house and beautiful daughters. Lisa couldn't help feeling a bit envious. She and Jungkook had a long way till they came at this point, well at least four years.

"My favourite pregnant woman! It's been ages!" Chaeyoung screamed as soon as they entered the living room, and bolted up to run towards them to give Lisa a tight hug as best as possible with the huge belly between them.

"How many pregnant women do you know, Chaeng," Lisa laughed, hugging her best friend back. "Also we've talked like, an hour ago."

"Time is a questionable concept," Chaeyoung sang happily, turning to hug Jungkook. "Hi, Doctor Jeon."

"Hi, Doctor Park," he replied with a smile, hugging her back. His eyes wandered over the room. "Where's Seungyoon hyung?"

Her spirit falling a bit, Chaeyoung huffed while they walked to the sofas, "Yoongi oppa has taken him hostage at the studio. They were supposed to come an hour ago and I'm tired of calling. So I'll wait until they come to bitch."

"If we survive until then," Jisoo deadpanned with a desperate expression. "Hi guys, welcome."

The brunette was sitting at one of the sofas, holding three fancy toys in her hands. She was trying to entertain the twins who were sitting on the carpet right before her and failing splendidly. Because both Miyoung and Seyoung were screaming for the same toy on the floor – a rubber duck.

"Hi unnie," Lisa grinned, taking her place in the armchair with Jungkook's help. "You look so dead, are you okay?"

Jisoo sighed, "No. I'm never having kids, I don't understand why you're having one, either. This is a nightmare –"

"Excuse me, those are my kids that you're calling a nightmare in my house!" Jin yelled at them from the kitchen where he and Namjoon were trying to clean the broken bowl and the poor food it once had in.

Everyone giggled except Jisoo who rolled her eyes with another exhausted sigh and threw the toys next to her on the sofa. The bright twinkle from her ring finger caught Lisa's eyes and she smiled smugly.

"What does Junmyeon oppa think about that?"

"He can give birth to the kids by himself, if he wants them so much," Jisoo crossed her arms and legs, leaning back on the sofa stubbornly. "I'm not taking any part in that."

"He'll be a very sad husband, I reckon," Jungkook joined Lisa with a grin.

"It'd still be better than no longer being a husband, no?" Jisoo stared at him this time, which she got a laugh in return.

"Is he coming tonight?"

The brunette checked her watch, "He was supposed to come an hour ago but I guess the meeting didn't finish yet. We can start the dinner, if you want."

"Yoongi oppa will kill us if we start without him," Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, swirling the wine in her glass, sitting back comfortably on her legs despite her short dress (they were all too comfortable with each other by now) and a pink face. It perfectly showed the reason why she had been more expressive than usual, wine did some fascinating changes in Chaeyoung.

"Well I'm very hungry and very pregnant," Lisa grabbed Jungkook's hand to get up. He was at his feet instantly. Managing to stand and push her hair back, Lisa huffed, "So I'm not waiting for anyone."

Just when she finished her words, the doorbell rang, effectively making the twins scream and the adults grimace.

"Chaeyoung, go get the door!" they heard Namjoon yell from the kitchen. The now blonde girl stood up, placing her glass on the coffee table.

"On it!"

Shaking her head, Lisa made her way to the table. Because she, in fact, really was very hungry and very pregnant, so there was nothing that could stop her from eating except going into labour.

"Thank god, where have you been?!"

Chaeyoung's voice reached them, upset but relieved.

"Food first, explanations later kid," a very familiar, dead and lazy voice replied.

"Sorry baby, I'll tell you everything but I'm starving now," an apologetic male voice followed the first one.

An indignant hmpf came after that and footsteps arrived to the living room. Lisa turned her head to meet a very tired but still very gorgeous silver haired Min Yoongi, stretching his arms and following his nose. He abruptly stopped upon seeing them and a big smile broke onto his face.

"Well if it isn't my Princess!" he rushed towards her.

"I heard that hyung!" Namjoon's salty voice reached them, making Lisa giggle and Yoongi roll his eyes.

"Hi oppa," Lisa grinned as Yoongi's eyes dropped to her belly this time.

"Oh my god you're so big now," he laughed. "How many babies do you carry in there?"

"Just one, thankfully," Lisa laughed back and Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"Hello to you too, hyung. How come you only see Lisa when I'm literally standing here with her, amazing, seriously."

"My my, jealousy suits you," Yoongi came with an endeared smile, and lightly hit his fist to Jungkook's upper arm. "Hi Mr.Dad-to-be. Doing okay?"

Jungkook smiled, nodding, "Bit nervous. Only one month left."

Then Yoongi reached to caress Lisa's short, black hair affectionately, "How are you, Lisa?"

"Fat," Lisa sighed, leaning against his touch. "I'm fat and tired."

As Yoongi fixed her bangs with a giggle, they heard a cacophony of laughter behind them, making them look over, and saw everyone except Jin join them at the table.

"Hi guys," Seungyoon smiled, taking a seat across from Lisa. "Sorry I was late."

"Which is the very thing we're gonna talk about at home," Chaeyoung gave her fiancé a nasty glare as she took her seat next to Lisa – it was one of the many things that never changed throughout the years no matter who joined their little group.

There was Lisa. Chaeyoung on her left, Jisoo on her right. Next to Jisoo, it usually was Yoongi. Though he had been a rotational person, never liked to sit in one specific seat because – according to him – the food on the other side of the table deserved to be eaten, too. Across from Lisa, it was Namjoon and Jin, and to Namjoon's right, it was Jungkook.

Well, there had been some little changes recently, like Jisoo and Jungkook exchanging seats because of Lisa's pregnancy. Seungyoon occupying the seat next to Jin and Junmyeon sitting next to him. But overall, neither Seungyoon nor Junmyeon could change this arrangement. They had found it a bit bizarre and awkward at first, but to be honest, they didn't have a choice.

"Jin oppa?" Jisoo looked around the house when they took their seats.

"His mom is waiting outside. He went to drop off the girls," Namjoon replied, getting the bottle of wine to fill the glasses on the table. Upon Lisa's sigh of misery, he gave her a scolding smile.

"Still not giving you. One more month, Lisa. Instead," the man reached for the jug of water. "Drink this."

"I hate you all," Lisa pouted, grabbing her glass to be filled. "So much. Wait until I give birth."

"3 more months, and I'll get a week off just to drink with you, darling," Chaeyoung bumped Lisa with her shoulder, making the latter grin.

"As always, you're the only one Chaeng," Lisa clinked her glass with hers. Then gave a side eye to Jungkook before turning to the blonde next to her, "Maybe I should've married you..."

"Well I'm always up for it," Chaeyoung winked and hugged Lisa with a giggle. "I missed you so much."

"Girls come on," Yoongi sighed as Seungyoon shook his head, having been used to it by now. Yoongi looked at Lisa and Chaeyoung, "I'm pretty sure you've seen each other this morning."

"Duh," Chaeyoung laughed after a hearty sip from her wine. "What do you think wives do?"

"They're literally video calling three to four times a day," Jungkook sighed this time, reaching for the meat on the table. "I don't even know how Chaeyoung has that much time, as a cardiothoracic surgeon she should be busy as fuck."

"Priorities," the blonde threw her hair back. "Also she was my wife before she became yours, so..."

That made everyone laugh out loud and then they heard someone come in.

"Hey guys," Jin smiled, moving his hair from his face. "Sorry I'm late. But look who I found on my way!"

"Hi there," Junmyeon peeked behind Jin, smiling brightly. "The meeting just went on and on. I barely escaped it."

"Tsk tsk," Namjoon shook his head with a grin, watching the elser drop his jacket and briefcase on one of the sofas. "Doesn't suit you at all, Director Kim."

"Well they don't have to know," Junmyeon grinned back, moving to Jisoo to place a kiss on her hair. "Hi, darling."

"These meetings seem to get longer and longer, unlike mine," Jisoo (who was the department manager at Nature Food now) watched him sit across from her. "I barely see your face."

"I'm sorry darling," Junmyeon leaned forward to grab and kiss her hand this time. "I'll try to reschedule things. Don't be upset."

"You know, I had always thought Kook would be the most whipped man that could ever exist," Yoongi commented lightly as he grabbed a piece of meat. "But Junmyeon hyung exceeds all expectations in that field."

The said man rolled his eyes as everyone else laughed, "Thanks, Yoongi. Always so suave."

"Didn't you know? Suavity is my middle name," Yoongi deadpanned him over the rim of his glass of wine.

"Okay okay!" Jin intervened, smiling wide. "Toasting time! Welcome guys, it's so nice to see you all again, I hope you like the food, bon appetit!"

They all joined the toast enthusiastically and then Jin looked at Lisa, a bit apologetic.

"Lisa, sorry darling, Joon broke the Pad Thai bowl. Again."

"It's fine oppa. It would be a surprise if he didn't," Lisa smiled at Namjoon who had a sheepish grin on his face. She turned to Jin again, "But anyways. I'm too hungry to care about what I eat right now. As long as it's edible, I'm down for it."

"Now that is one of the many reasons you're my favourite girl," they heard Yoongi's voice.

To that, there were some protests from younger ones (actually it was just Jungkook –"Hyung what about me?" "I said girl, Kook." "But still!!"– and Jisoo –"I even went to all the stupid parties through the years with you, how dare you oppa!" "Sorry Chu, you're married now." "Lisa is married, too!" "Yeah but with Kook." "Excuse me, hyung?!"– because Chaeyoung sighed saying she was used to it by now) and laughter from everyone else.

Lisa herself giggling softly, she placed a hand on her belly, feeling the baby fidget because of the loud noises, as she grabbed something from her plate that Jungkook had filled for her while she was busy talking to the others. A fond smile took over her face.

She was loved, so much at that, and she was truly happy.

She had been for many years now.

*

"That's enough for today. Anything else I should know?"

With a sigh, Jennie gave the folder back to her second secretary, Secretary Choi. Her beloved Secretary Yook was a bit too old to run around with her now, so she had to find a younger one, much to her dismay. But he was still with her, Jennie didn't like to let go of things she liked. This Secretary Choi guy was kind of like Secretary Yook's assistant, running around and doing errands that the old man asked of him.

The important things were still being done with Secretary Yook by Jennie's side.

(Like important deals, contracts that needed to be signed. Or when something that should be off-record needed to be done. Or when some people needed to be made talk or stay silent.)

"Lawyer Kim is waiting for you outside, Miss Kim," the young man informed with a questioning voice and glanced at his back, which was another one of his mistakes that made him too unprofessional for Jennie's taste, but oh well. If she fired him, he'd be the eighteenth one. And she knew Secretary Yook wouldn't like it.

"Thank you, Secretary Choi," Jennie stared at the man sternly, who tensed a bit. "You may leave."

The way she sounded flat but still threatening and her eyes flashing with annoyance made the secretary wince a bit and he hurried out of the room before he could get fired.

Once the door closed after him, Jennie put her elbows on her table with a tired sigh and started rubbing her temples, eyes closed. After mere minutes, the door opened again and someone walked into the room.

She knew those footsteps too well by now.

"How much time did you give him until you fired the guy?"

"I'm trying my best not to fire him," Jennie murmured, rubbing with more strength now. "Secretary Yook scolded me by implying 'he was tired of bringing candidates' and told me to 'just stick with one enough for him to raise the kid' and 'I am too old for this now Miss Jennie' so... Since I don't want to upset him, I have no choice."

"With your temper, good luck with that," the man laughed lightly.

Which made Jennie open her eyes and glare at him in annoyance.

Lawyer Kim Taehyung was sitting on the armchair right across from her, unfazed, perfectly comfortable in his dark grey Armani suit and pristine white dress shirt and black tie. He even had the audacity to smile teasingly at her.

"Remind me why I don't fire you," Jennie stared at him, finally leaning back at her chair, arms on the armrests.

"Do you want the professional reasons or the personal ones?" Lawyer Kim calmly brushed off the non-existent dust on his pants and then smiled at Jennie. "Otherwise we'd have a long list."

Jennie huffed, "Stop being so arrogant. You're not irreplaceable, you know."

Something dangerous and angry flashed in his eyes during the short silence. It left Jennie smug and satisfied. He really needed to be reminded of that. None of the deals they made was unbreakable for her – both the professional ones and the personal ones.

"Do you have plans for tonight?" he asked instead, ignoring her words and forcing himself to stay calm – that much was obvious.

It delighted Jennie even more.

"It's none of your business, but yes," Jennie replied nonchalantly, pushing her chair back and getting up. "I do have plans."

"With who, I wonder," the man asked, his eyes following her movements as she walked around and got her coat and bag.

"Like I said," Jennie smiled, standing in front of him. "None of your business."

In a heartbeat he was standing up and held her arm, staring down at her with that intensity that made Jennie want to giggle.

"Careful, Jennie," he murmured after pulling herself to him a bit. "We had talked about this."

She stumbled on her heels a bit before holding onto his broad chest and then raised her head, her silky hair falling down her back. Her eyes found his to hold the dangerous gaze in them, unfazed. They both were familiar with this game by now.

"You're being a bit too curious lately, Lawyer Kim," she replied serenely, looking at his towering form under her lashes. "But relax. I'm gonna have dinner with my parents. And no, you can't come," she added upon the forming question in his eyes. "I can't deal with your... misbehavings in a family dinner."

He smirked at that, looking annoyingly smug. Jennie sighed, pushing him and taking two steps back. Then she fixed her hair with one hand, eyes focused on the wall behind him, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. She knew she was being watched and thoroughly enjoyed it. She could wait a couple more minutes, she assumed, just to give him something to stare at now, and think over when he was by himself later.

His eyes raked over her form; the short, black and elegant dress decorated with real pearls and a really low neckline now that she had taken her scarf off, the sheer black stockings hugging her legs and custom made Christian Louboutin black heels, and her dark eyes accentuated with the sharp wing line combined with her signature blood red lipstick.

"If you burnt the sight into your mind, I really have to go," Jennie smiled sweetly and patted his chest. He snorted.

"And you tell me to stop being arrogant, little girl."

Jennie flat out laughed at that, turning her back and walking to the door. She could feel the eyes fixed on her hips, so she turned around before opening the door and gave him a sly smile.

"I sure hope you didn't think I was a little girl when you were gasping for my name in the backseat of my car last night, Mr.Kim. That would be so inappropriate. Have a good night."

With that, she quickly turned around and left the room, a very so-called calm and collected Kim Taehyung staring dazed at the now closed door.

*

"Lisa, darling, do you need anything?"

Looking up to the ceiling, Lisa listened to her body for a couple of seconds. Then she smiled at Jin, who was looking at her expectantly.

"No oppa, I'm good."

"Good," the handsome man smiled in satisfaction and took his seat next to Namjoon. "How are your check-ups?"

They were in the living room now, scattered around. Chaeyoung, Lisa, Jungkook, Namjoon and Jin sitting on the sofas; Seungyoong sitting at the piano, playing some tunes, and Junmyeon standing by him, listening and giving feedback.

Jisoo and Yoongi duo were last seen in the kitchen, munching on the desserts they were supposed to be serving.

But with Jin's question, everyone's attention turned to Lisa, chatters quietened and eyes fixed on her.

"They're good, Doctor Yoon said everything's normal," she smiled, watching everyone take relieved breaths.

"And the due date?" Chaeyoung snuggled to her, leaning her head on Lisa's shoulder. "When exactly am I gonna be the favourite aunt?"

"Excuse me?!" Jisoo cut in, holding a tray and staring at the blonde in annoyance in the middle of the room. "Who even told you you're gonna be the favourite?!"

"Duh," Chaeyoung stared back. "I'm the bestest friend and the godmother–"

Jisoo gasped this time in betrayal, eyes flashing to Lisa, "Lisa Manoban!!!"

"Honey, one second," Junmyeon intervened, walking to her, snickering. "You're gonna drop it. There," he took the tray safely and took a step back. "Now you can fight."

Jisoo put her hands on her hips, ignoring the giggles as she stared at Lisa expectantly, "I'm waiting for an explanation!"

"Stop pressuring her, what if she goes into labour?" Jungkook leaned in faux panic, opening his arms and shielding a giggling Lisa.

"You stay out of this!"

Both Jisoo and Chaeyoung scolded him at the same time and Jungkook, raising his hands in immediate surrender, pulled back and went to stand by the wall.

"Okay, okay!" Then turned to Lisa, "Sorry love, I tried."

Using the pregnant-and-cute card, Lisa put her hands on her baby bump and beamed at the two girls.

"There can be more than one godmother, you know!"

Upon that, Chaeyoung and Jisoo looked at each other as if weighing the offer. A second later matching grins appeared on their lips.

"Oh well. I can do with that. Cheesecake, Chaeng?" Jisoo smiled and offered a plate to the younger. The blonde smiled back.

"Definitely. Two is better than one, anyway. We should go shopping, unnie."

Yoongi finally appeared at the scene, a glass of wine on one hand, the other holding a sandwich. He shook his head, coming to stand next to Jungkook.

"The amount of unnecessary drama in this family is just unbelievable."

"Wait until they remember Kim Jennie," Jungkook snorted quietly.

"Glad she isn't here," Yoongi sighed. "She would've shed blood."

"It's fascinating," Jungkook looked at Yoongi. "She calls Lisa regularly now. They seem so close and when they're together the two always look like they're conspiring something behind my back. Makes me uneasy all the time."

"Well if we take Jennie's and Lisa's personalities into account, that's probable," Yoongi chuckled. "Better be careful, Kook."

There was a comfortable silence where they just listened to the chatter in the room for a while. Then Jungkook turned his body to Yoongi.

"Are you..." he started hesitantly. Yoongi looked at him as if he knew the question already. So Jungkook took a deep breath, "Do you keep in touch with her?"

"No," the elder replied casually. "Haven't been for a while now. This is better for both of us, I think. It's... complicated when we're together."

Jungkook nodded, knowing what he meant. They were like two missing puzzle pieces that never fit no matter how much they tried, but belonging to the same puzzle anyway.

It truly was complicated.

Also Jungkook had suspicions about Jennie having something going on with that weird and creepy lawyer of the company. But it was her business, in the end.

Jungkook already had his plate full with his marriage and baby on the way.

Which was a heated topic around the sofa.

"Have you decided on a name?" Jisoo asked in interest. Lisa sighed tiredly.

"I really wanted it to be Ahreum but since we want to find something starting with Jung, it's impossible."

"Why Jung?" Jin raised a brow.

"I don't know, three generations are named like that?" Lisa straightened a bit. "Like, Jeon Junghoon, Jeon Junghyun, and Jeon Jungkook. I kind of want to keep the tradition."

"Also you can't give the next generation heir to J&L Group a girl's name," Namjoon snorted.

"I didn't know we were gonna have a son," Lisa shrugged at him before turning to her audience. "Anyway. We've been thinking about something with Jung for a while but we haven't been lucky yet."

"Boy names are so hard..." Chaeyoung sighed, sipping from her sixt glass of wine.

"We have a few options," Jungkook walked towards them to sit next to Lisa. "Junghwa, Jungwon, and Jungyoon are the strongest candidates so far."

"I vote for Jungwon," Yoongi joined them, sitting on the armchair. "It has a nice vibe to it."

"And Jungyoon sounds like a girl's name," Jisoo wrinkled her nose.

"Let's vote!" Chaeyoung beamed at them, suddenly sitting upright. Lisa laughed.

"I'm not gonna let a bunch of drunk friends pick my son's name!"

"Why not," Chaeyoung pouted this time. "You're always shutting me down! Why are you doing this to me Liz, remember the time I wanted to have a costume party for your birthday back in university?"

"You planned it in a damn club, Chaeyoung."

Ignoring her, Chaeyoung continued with her flushed face and impressive pout, "And then you didn't let me plan your wedding in the forest–"

"Again, you planned it in Switzerland, Chaeyoung."

"Then!" the blonde raised her voice. "You didn't let me plan the party for you getting your Professor title!"

"Again! You planned a bubble party in a strip club, Chaeyoung! We had other Professors with us!"

Chaeyoung huffed, "Details!"

"I still can't fully remember Lisa's that birthday party," Jisoo shook her head. Chaeyoung looked so offended that it was hilarious.

"Excuse me, The Party™ is a legend!"

"A fucking collective amnesia, Chaeyoung, that's what it is."

"Oppa!"

With a sly smile, Lisa glanced at Jisoo and cut into Chaeyoung and Yoongi's bickering.

"But do you remember the part where you were playing strip poker, unnie?"

There was a round of screams (Chaeyoung) and loud laughters (the men) in the living room. Junmyeon was staring at Jisoo in disbelief.

"Strip poker?!"

Flushed pink, Jisoo glared at Lisa, "Yes, thank you for reminding me again."

"And when exactly was this party?" Junmyeon leant towards Lisa. Instead of her, Jisoo rolled her eyes.

"Before we met."

"I see."

"Don't worry oppa, we stopped her before she went total nude," Lisa smiled sweetly as Junmyeon's eyebrows shot up. Jisoo huffed.

"It was university, oppa. Can we move on, please?"

The grin on her face immediately disappearing, Chaeyoung hit her leg, "Yes! Let's go back to voting the name!"

Sighing, Lisa turned to Jungkook. He was grinning the whole time and when their eyes met, he nodded at her. So Lisa cleared her throat.

"Okay! Hands up, please! Votes for 'Junghwa'?"

Namjoon and Seungyoon raised their hands after contemplating a bit. Then Lisa called again.

"Votes for 'Jungwon'?"

Yoongi, Chaeyoung, Jisoo, Junmyeon, and Jin raised their hands immediately and Chaeyoung started clapping her hands.

Jungkook grabbed his wine glass and raised it for a toast, "'Jeon Jungwon' it is!"

Amidst loud cheers, Lisa giggled.

"This will be one hell of a story to tell him later."

*

"There's only one month left until Lisa's due date."

Jennie looked up at her mother, sitting across from her. Jeon Jungrae's face was excited and beaming, it was obvious how happy she was. Glancing at her dad, Jennie saw he had a mirroring expression, too. Which was an interesting change.

"I know, I talked to her yesterday," Jennie took another sip from her soup. "She said she was fine but she got tired too easily. I told her to lay low a bit, we all know how crazy she is about her work. She still goes to the hospital when she was supposed to be staying at home and lazing around, can you believe it?" Jennie shook her head in disbelief. "I'm gonna tie her to their sofa."

Jungrae cooed, "Awww. I know how she feels. When I was pregnant with you I got so bored staying at home that I went to work nearly until I got into labour."

"It was a nightmare," Jennie's dad rolled his eyes. "I was considering just locking you into the apartment."

Jennie laughed, "Well no offense dad, but Kook is too whipped for Lisa that he'll do whatever she wants. A disgrace to the family, really," she added, wrinkling her nose.

Both of her parents laughed at that.

"Well I guess Lisa is lucky at that aspect," Jungrae smiled, resuming eating. "Her parents are coming in five days. Yeoshin made the hotel reservations in a place close to the hospital. She's so excited to be a grandmother, all she can think about is the baby and if there's something she had forgotten to prepare."

She had a fond smile on her face. Jennie's dad looked at her with a teasing smile.

"Don't act like you're different. The amount of baby clothes you've prepared is enough for three years, I think."

Jungrae gave her husband an annoyed glare, "Well excuse me for being excited to be a grand-aunt. Also it's rich coming from you, Mr.Kim I'm-secretly-preparing-all-the-future-needs-of-my-grandnephew Jaebum."

Jennie laughed out loud at that, her dad was so not a person like this and he looked both annoyed and embarrassed that his actions were found, considering the way he was glaring back. As her parents' glare-off continued for a while, Jennie thought how absurd and new this situation was. She had never seen them bicker like this and it was so sweet. She couldn't help the grin she had and also decided to tease her dad a bit.

"And here I am wondering why the approvals of contracts, incoming and outgoing transactions, and overall running of the company had been hindering for a while. Looks like it was all thanks to our over-excited grandaunt and granduncle."

Jungrae rolled her eyes as Jaebum looked at Jennie in slight confusion.

"What?"

"Three contracts and six outgoing transactions of Jeju branches have been pending for a while," Jennie reached for the salad. "Also we need to hold two meetings, one with the board of directors and one with the managers of foreign affairs department. France has been creating problems for nearly two months now."

With every sentence, Jaebum's eyebrows rose more and more, and Jungrae was looking at Jennie somehow hesitantly.

"Why none of these happened?"

Jennie's head turned to her dad in confusion, "What?"

Kim Jaebum leaned back on his chair, "I mean why didn't you do them?"

Jennie laughed, "Dad, I don't have the authority. I'm just an executive director. Approvals and meeting calls must be done by either you or mom. You guys are the President and Vice President of the company."

Upon that, her dad sighed and looked at her mother. And Jennie frowned.

The silent conversation lasted for a while as Jennie watched them uneasily, munching on her dinner. For some reason she got a bit nervous. After nearly five minutes, her dad blinked and cleared his throat, putting his elbows on the table and lacing his fingers.

"Jennie," he started with a serious tone. "Your mother and I have been thinking for a while."

When he paused for a couple seconds more than appropriate, Jennie stared at him.

"About what?"

"About making you Vice President, darling," her mother said softly.

Her heartbeat fastened in a second, a rush of blood faintly coloured her cheeks and she wasn't sure of what she had heard.

"Huh?" she managed very intelligently.

"You've been doing an excellent job for many years now, baby," her dad smiled at her warmly. "To the extent that I clearly have no idea what has been going on in the company. You handle the contracts, partnerships, problems, and most importantly, it is your name people know when our company's name is mentioned. You've already been doing the job I should've been doing. Only thing you're missing is the title."

Jennie felt gratitude, happiness and that wonderful euphoria of being appreciated surge through her body at instant. She felt warm and a bit bashful at first, then the bashfulness left its place to satisfaction and maaaaaaybe a little bit smugness.

"Really?" she asked in a hopeful tone. She would rather be skinned alive than admitting this, but beneath everything, her dad's approval and appreciation was the thing she most craved in life.

Maybe she really was a little girl in some aspects.

(She would rather be buried alive than admitting it, though.)

"Really," Jaebum smiled at her warmly. Jungrae had a mirroring smile.

"So we have prepared the official announcement with the highest ups," Jungrae added with a knowing and amused giggle. "The announcement was prepared in the main headquarters. And your uncle and I both signed the papers. Therefore, no one can object to it."

Unable to hold back, Jennie giggled too. Her father sighed.

"I know the board of directors have been harsh on you because of various reasons. I warned them a couple of times myself. But it looks like they just can't learn."

Jennie smiled a bit bitterly, "It's okay dad. I can handle them."

"I know you can. But that doesn't make me less displeased," Jaebum took his knife and fork to cut his steak. His casual attitude utterly contrasted his next words, "Anyway, if there comes a time when you've had enough, we can always repurchase their shares and kick them out."

Baffled beyond reason, Jennie gaped at him. On top of this, her mother turned back to her food in the same manner before glancing at her nonchalantly.

"Just fire them whenever you want, we'll deal with the rest. All the ways we can make them do whatever we want, you know them too – probably better than us."

"Mom!" Jennie looked at her in shock, completely caught off-guard.

Never in her life, not even once, she would have thought she would see 'Jeon the always-so-sweet Jungrae' talk about the dark, dirty and dangerous side of the business world so casually. Like making people do things using whatever is necessary, like silencing people whichever way it required, like the foulest ways to use against people – all the ways that Jennie was so used to doing.

Her father, 'Kim the pristine-clean Jaebum', laughed out loud as he looked at Jennie.

"Honey, are you telling me you thought we didn't know what goes on in these circles?"

Flabbergasted, Jennie opened and closed her mouth but no sound came out. Her mother laughed, too.

"My dear, who do you think has established the necessary relationships with those people who help us do what we need?"

Well, actually Jennie had never thought of that.

"Your grandparents, uncle and especially your mother can be very convincing, when necessary," Jaebum pointed to Jungrae solemnly, making Jennie stare at her mother in a completely new light. The older woman smiled at her husband.

"You're flattering me, come on. The one who is especially convincing when necessary is my mom," Jungrae smiled.

"What?!" Jennie gaped. "Who? Grandma?"

"She had helped your grandfather a lot back in the day," Jungrae nodded calmly, cutting her steak. "Her father was a very... influential person and she inherited both that trait and her father's connections."

"Like your mother," Jaebum smiled at his wife again. "She's just like her mom."

"Like I said, too much credit," Jungrae laughed. "Your dad is the one who would handle things in person," she added, looking at Jennie.

Which made Jennie blink rapidly a few times before wetting her lips and clearing her throat.

"Okay, this whole conversation has been too bizarre for me to perceive. Like, I'm trying my best not to decide that this whole thing is some kind of a sick dream."

Her dad laughed again, "No it isn't. Anyway, the announcement will be made tomorrow. But we can celebrate it early, I think," he smiled, taking his glass of wine.

Feeling giddy, Jennie grabbed hers too and her mom joined them as they gently clinked them. She was feeling ecstatic and it had been a while since she last felt like this. Satisfied, appreciated, and eager for the things to come.

She especially couldn't wait for the reactions of remaining 'dinosaurs' in the board of directors.

*

It was a bright and pleasant morning with cloudless sky, a warm breeze and perfect amount of sunlight.

At least Jennie felt like that when she looked outside the window.

She was in her room, doing last minute touches to her appearance as she wanted to be absolutely perfect today – well at least more than she normally was. She was thankful to her mother for keeping her clothes in her room even if she had moved out. Well technically she was still living in one of her parents' houses (in the one that was closer to the company) but she was living alone, so... yeah.

But today, she was going to go to the company with her parents – the bigshots, she liked calling them. And the two were going to make the announcement in person – the President and the Vice President, the privilege of being their daughter, Jennie assumed. They had called for an urgent meeting with the board of directors, probably making them panic, but Jennie knew the real panic was going to come when they learnt her new title.

She was wearing all black with a hint of colour – black fitted slacks, a black dress shirt with three buttons open (a bold show of her cleavage) to emphasise her femininity, her bright Chanel belt, and finally a cream coloured blazer jacket embroidered with diamonds over everything. She also wore her cream coloured stilettos with heels high and thin enough to pass as a knife, her steps were going to echo in everywhere to announce her arrival. Her hair was falling down her back straight and flawless, her signature sharp eyeliner to enhance her cat-like eyes, and the trademark blood red lipstick.

Kim Jennie, her very self.

She, a woman, was coming for their heads and she wanted it to be known.

*

"You look very excited," Jungrae commented on Jennie smiling while looking out the window. The younger turned to her.

"Well, a little," she admitted shyly.

"It's well-deserved," Jaebum said strictly. "Maybe even a bit overdue."

"I'm sure you're going to do wonders, my dear," her mom reached to put one hand on Jennie's knee, earning a grateful smile from her. The rest of the ride was quiet but Jennie thought maybe the bubbles of excitement could fill the air.

When the car stopped in front of the building, the car was recognised immediately and the guards rushed in panic, not expecting the bigshots.

"Welcome, ma'am, sir," the closest one bowed nearly in half in greeting her parents. Secretary Yook looked a bit surprised too, but his face showed no such emotion. Jennie knew it because she knew him so well. On the other hand, Secretary Choi was blatantly gawking at the President, Vice President, and Jennie who came out of the car at once. Jennie gave him an annoyed look, which caused the young man to blush furiously and bow down.

Jungrae, who was about to walk past him, stopped with a superior glance at the younger man, eyes scrutinising as they looked at him from head to toe. She then turned to Secretary Yook.

"Good morning Secretary Yook."

The elder man straightened, "Good morning ma'am, welcome."

"Is this the person you recruited to assist our Executive Director?" Jungrae's eyes were cold, voice flat, and all business – just like her daughter.

"Yes ma'am," Secretary Yook replied. "I've started training him to be competent enough for Miss Kim."

Kim Jaebum glanced at poor Secretary Choi (who looked like he was about to faint) with the same scrutinising cold look. Then turned to Secretary Yook.

"Bring him to the President's room after the meeting. You'll be accompanying us to the meeting by yourself, Secretary Yook. You should be there."

"Of course, sir," Secretary Yook bowed, nudging Secretary Choi to do the same.

When the younger struggled for a second, Jennie quietly sighed and rolled her eyes. It looked like Secretary Yook was going to have to find another replacement.

As she walked right behind her parents who were walking with a visible aura of superiority and authority, Jennie was ecstatic. Because it was clear as day that she had inherited her attitude from them – Jeon Jungrae and Kim Jaebum.

Jeon Jungrae (who was a sweet and energetic woman full of love and happiness in her daily life) had her business personality now. Dressed in a black and expensive dress with a red coat that was the worth of a car draped over her shoulders, her dark hair styled into elegant waves, her Alexander Mcqueen heels sounding in the lobby with every step, she left no doubt about her status. With the seriousness of her expression; the big, cat-like eyes just the same as her daughter's looking around indifferently, it was hard to not get out of her way.

Kim Jaebum, her beloved and immensely feared husband, was walking beside her. The custom made Dior black suit and red necktie that he had on perfectly matched his wife's outfit. Hair styled back to show off his small face and eyes nearly as big as his daughter, the expression he had could only be defined as authoritarian.

And Jennie, Kim Jennie, she was just a pure mixture of her mother and father. Everything about the family reminded people why Jennie was who she was, and why she had to be feared.

With the aura of power, superiority, and intimidation surrounding them, the family went up to Jungrae's room (which she didn't use often, to be honest). They sat in the seating area in front of Jungrae's desk and got comfortable.

"It's been a while," Jungrae ran her hands on the armrests of the armchair reminiscently. "Maybe I'm too used to the comfort of working from home."

"We've been travelling a lot," Jaebum leant back. "It feels weird."

Looking at them, Jennie laughed, "You're talking as if it's been a hundred years."

"Well you made us too comfortable, my dear," Jungrae smiled sweetly at her daughter and before she got a reply, the door was knocked.

"Come in," she called.

Secretary Yook walked in with folders in his hands, pausing to bow at them, then resumed his way. He stopped a little shy from Jennie with a hint of uncertainty in his eyes.

"I brought the folders and papers about the setbacks and bigger issues we've been dealing with, today's schedule is a bit packed..."

He truly looked like he didn't know whom to address in this room; to Jeon Jungrae, who was the President? To Kim Jaebum, who was the go-to person for these? Or to Kim Jennie, who had been effectively dealing with these topics for years now?

Without thinking, Jennie reached out her hand, "I'll take them. I need you to schedule a meeting with the law department after this one ends, Secretary Yook. Call for Manager Seo, too, we need her insight on the problem France creates. In the third drawer of my desk there's a folder, copy it before the meeting and hand them out. I want a conference call with French suppliers, let's just finish it once and for all. I'm done with their shit. We'll talk about the rest of the schedule after we finish the board meeting."

"Of course, Miss Kim," Secretary Yook bowed and looked at her with a shine of pride in his eyes. He bowed to her parents too before leaving and closed the door behind him quietly. When Jennie turned to her parents, she saw her dad's risen eyebrows with a smirk and her mom had a satisfied smile on her face.

"See?" Jungrae commented lightly. "Too comfortable."

A little embarrassed, Jennie huffed out a laugh, "What time is the meeting?"

"The directors are probably in the room," Jaebum glanced at his watch. "We'll join them in a few minutes."

"Are we waiting for something?" Jennie frowned, causing her mother to smile sweetly.

"You'll see."

After a couple of minutes where Jennie skimmed through the folders Secretary Yook brought and her parents quietly talked about some things Jennie didn't pay attention to, it all ended when her mother's phone vibrated two times. Jungrae took it to check whatever it was and then grinned big.

"Aha! Okay, let's go. It's time."

Following her parents, Jennie grabbed the folders, left the room and gave them to Secretary Yook (who was waiting for them right outside the door, alone) back, indicating they'll go over the papers again. The elderly man bowed in understanding. He trailed after the three, walking a step behind Jennie as it was his habit.

The excitement and expectation were bubbling inside Jennie uncontrollably at this point. She was about to skip on her way, not walk. The faces she'll be seeing (Director Choi, Director Yang, Director Kim, Director Song, and their fellow dinosaurs) and the expression on them created a rush in her tiny body.

All up until she abruptly halted at the meeting room's door, gawking in shock.

The biggest shot, Jeon Junghoon, was waiting for them there with a proud smile on his face.

"Uncle Jeon!" Jennie gaped.

"Hi there hone– wait no, my bad, Vice President Kim," Mr.Jeon teased her with a whisper and Jennie giggled.

"Hi oppa, thanks for coming. I know you had to be on your way to Italy, thanks a lot," Jungrae smiled gratefully. Junghoon patted her arm.

"Nonsense. Italy can wait. I wouldn't miss this for the world. Shall we?"

With that, the double doors opened and Jennie thought theirs was one hell of a movie-like grand entrance.

The shocked gasps of the directors nearly made her laugh, though.

Her mother and uncle took their places at the head of the huge table, side by side, Jennie sat on the first chair on the left side of her uncle and her dad sat on the first chair on the right side of her mother.

"Mr.Jeon, sir, we didn't know you would attend," one of the eldest directors commented with a panicked voice.

"I didn't know I had to inform you beforehand," Jeon Junghoon replied flatly before glancing at the name tag on the table. "Director Yang."

Not being able to help herself, Jennie snorted but managed to turn it into an untimely cough upon the glance from her father.

Director Yang went beet red, "My apologies sir, I didn't mea–"

"Anyway," Junghoon continued. "I came because there's an important announcement we'll be making here."

When he glanced at his sister, Jungrae leant forward to look at the board of directors coldly.

"We've all been aware of the ongoing..." she paused for a second to stare at the eldest ones. "... conflict in the management of the company. So we decided that it's time something should be done about it."

"Considering the fact that we can't be available all the time," Junghoon took over when Jungrae finished. "For more efficiency in managing this branch, we've made a few changes in the dynamics of positions."

Amidst the tension covering the room, Junghoon reached his hand to be handed the folder his secretary had been holding and with a daring glint in his eyes, he looked at the board of directors.

"I am truly happy to be announcing that our very own Senior Executive Director Kim Jennie has now been promoted to be the second Vice President alongside her father Kim Jaebum."

There was a shocked, stunned, aghast silence in the room.

"We'll have the official document to be displayed for a while for the other changes. You can see it on your screens, too," Jungrae pointed flatly.

Every single member of the board swiftly turned their heads to the screens in front of them, having a hard time comprehending what they've heard.

But alas, the document was there, signed by Jeon Junghoon, Jeon Jungrae and Kim Jaebum themselves.

Blinking rapidly as he raised his head, Director Yoon (one of the younger ones and who usually supported Jennie) cleared his throat and smiled as he started applauding.

"What wonderful news," he said genuinely. "I'm sure Miss Kim will keep being astoundingly successful with her new title, too. Congratulations, Miss."

With him, the other directors woke up and joined him applauding. The bigshots, Jeon siblings, arching one of their brows in sync was another one of triggers, though.

Jennie's eyes met with the dinosaurs and delighted beyond reason, she smiled at them slyly. She accepted the congratulations and under her parents' and uncle's proud eyes, she leant back at her seat; smug, satisfied, and eager to show these arrogant useless men that they had it coming.

For years.

She was going to destroy them all.

*

At first, it was the office.

Opening the double doors to meet a bigger, more spacious room that was truly away from the hussle of the company was exhilarating. It was on one of the higher floors, Jennie had never understood the reason, to be honest, but after working for years on the lower levels and then coming here made her realise things.

It was so quiet.

No footsteps running up and down. No loud voices reaching her room, destroying her much needed concentration. No traffic of panicked people lost in the chaos. No one to disturb her while she tried to plan the next move that would help them get one more step ahead of their rivals. No one to annoy her while she planned what to do about some people that needed to be... taken care of, for the lack of a better word.

A quiet, peaceful office to let her think as much as she needed.

On top of all of these, the office was nearly twice as big as her old one. More room to move around when she tried to gather her thoughts or when she needed to just let everything go and relax. Bigger sofas and armchairs in front of her desk, and also a separate sitting area hidden behind a half wall right across the huge windows (which had an amazing view of the city) to give more seclusion when she wanted to disappear for a second. And lastly, a bigger table with more chairs when she needed to hold private meetings with people who weren't meant to be seen by others – she could now hold them in her office instead of a public meeting room.

A nice wardrobe on the far left side, lots and lots of file cabinets, a really nice but small cooler hidden on the right side for it was known she preferred some booze to cool off sometimes, and finally, a small bathroom.

The only thing it lacked was a bed, Jennie had thought with a snort when she had first seen her new office.

Her beloved Secretary Yook had a new and better office right in front of hers too. He didn't have to stand up and stand before her doors to question the people who wanted to see her now. Now, people had to come into his room first to be able to reach hers. Which was a nice change. Jennie hoped this small comfort would make him reconsider his retirement. But even if it wasn't, she was ready to do whatever he requested to be able to keep him. She just didn't tell him.

Now, at the end of her first day as the new Vice President, Jennie had just entered her office and sighed with a satisfied smile as she walked towards one of the comfy armchairs in front of her desk. She sat down and leant back to relax with a tiny groan after throwing her phone and jacket onto the small coffee table. Toeing off her stilettos, she put her feet on the same coffee table and closed her eyes. She knew she deserved a little relaxation after today.

She had taken the whole company by storm.

Nearly all the long–awaiting problems they had were solved one by one now that she was authorised. The change of pace in the workload and the smoothening functioning of the company was truly notable.

(Jennie had scolded and snapped at a few higher–ups she couldn't before now that her position was finally higher than them. Seeing the way they couldn't use the so–called superiority of titles excuse they had used before was immensely satisfying, too. But it was a one–time personal matter.)

(Not.)

(She was going to make them regret being alive every day.)

(Figuratively.)

(Definitely not.)

She took the remote controller within her reach and dimmed the lights, eyes closed. With the time being way past working hours, Jennie assumed she could rest a minute or two before leaving the company to celebrate it with her 'close' friends that she went clubbing with from time to time.

It was a while later her phone started to ring. Opening one eye, she looked at the screen and smiled at the caller ID.

Still A Little Shit

Barely managing to grab the device, she accepted the call with her eyes closed.

"I'm so tired, end the call if you're not giving birth."

A snort replied to her.

"Bold of you to assume I would call you if I were giving birth."

"Fair enough, I guess," Jennie smiled.

"Called you to say congratulations. Finally you're being rewarded for wasting your youth in that office."

"It feels more like you're insulting, but I'll accept it," Jennie opened her eyes to look at the ceiling, still smiling.

"You know I always tell the truth," a smooth voice replied.

"Yeah, I also know that one is a lie and you're a big fat liar, too – emphasis on fat – but I'll look over it since you're carrying my nephew."

A gasp, "How dare you!"

"Were you at home today, Lisa?" Jennie asked, craning her neck. "You'll be in trouble if not."

"I was," Lisa sighed. "Kook threatened me with no information about the patient I last operated on."

Jennie snorted, "I can't believe that worked."

"Well I did call the head nurse but she didn't pick up," Lisa pouted on the other side of the phone. "And Jungkook went to the company today as a substitute for his father. So I had no option."

"Yeah, Uncle Jeon had to go to Italy this afternoon, he'll be staying for a week," Jennie yawned. "Kook will have to work in his stead for a while."

Lisa sighed, "I just hate it when he's not around, it's like I can't function."

"For your information, that'd be co–dependence and it's unhealthy."

"No, it's called being in love and happily married but of course you wouldn't know that since you're married to your job."

"That still makes me married. And with something that I can control, mind you."

"You need serious help, Jennie."

"Thanks for the insight, Lisa. Being pregnant made you smart, I guess it must be the Jeon genes you have in your system."

"The Jeon genes won't hold me back from slapping some sense into you."

"How sweet of you. Kook wouldn't appreciate it."

"I'm pregnant. He'll appreciate whatever the fuck I want him to."

Jennie laughed, "You're such a bitch."

"Thanks," Lisa replied dryly. "You always bring out the best of me."

"Do you need any help in the house?" Jennie opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling. "Are Mrs.Park and Mrs.Ahn helping you properly? You said you were home, right?"

"Yes, I was at home and yes they are. I normally hate it, but to be honest with you, I felt good today. I get tired too easily nowadays so it's okay," Lisa confessed, sounding depressed. "I tried to cook today. It took me just fifteen minutes to give up and call for Mrs.Park."

"How much till the birth, three weeks right?" Jennie said, smiling again. "Of course you'll get tired easily."

There was a hesitant pause on the line, which made Jennie frown a bit.

"Lisa?"

A deep breath.

"Jennie, I'm a little scared actually. The nearer it gets, the more stressed I become."

"Why are you scared?" Jennie took her legs off the table to sit up.

"The labour. The pain. The what–ifs. You pick."

"It'll be okay. We have talked about this, Lisa. You'll be at the hands of the best doctors and it'll all go smoothly."

"Yeah I know but still..."

"You need to relax," Jennie ran her fingers through her hair. "Call that little menace of a best friend of yours and invite her. Kook will probably be late tonight."

"Yeah maybe I should. Sorry for dumping this onto you aga–"

"Stop it," she rolled her eyes at her tiny voice. "We have talked about this too. And don't get all sentimental on me with crying. You know I hate it."

"Okay," Lisa's smile could reach Jennie now. "Congrats again. How are you gonna celebrate?"

"Well as a single, non–pregnant, independent woman, I'm gonna go out with friends," the brunette grinned. She knew Lisa was glaring now.

"Ha ha ha. Thanks."

Jennie giggled. Lisa gritted her teeth.

"Okay Miss Kim Jennie. While you're out there clubbing and enjoying yourself with cocktails, and quite possibly a real cock, I'm gonna take care of the next generation of Jeon dynasty – who resides inside me now, I must add."

This time Jennie laughed, "I'm so not envious of you, good luck. I'll call you tomorrow, okay?"

"After you're sober, please."

"Noted, good night Little Shit."

"Good night Hellcat."

Ending the call, Jennie stared at her phone for a few seconds with a smile on her face before throwing it onto the sofa next to her jacket. The bickering was familiar and soothing now. A thing that kept her tied to her real life aside from work and company since she was an incurable workaholic.

But a night of partying wouldn't hurt today, she assumed.

Five more minutes of lazing on the armchair, then she got up to slip on her stilettos, stretched her arms and back, and feeling refreshed, grabbed her jacket alongside her purse. She had barely walked halfway across the room when her door was opened.

And of course, it was the bane of her existence: Lawyer Kim Taehyung himself.

"Ah, and here I was wondering if you'd come," she smiled sarcastically. Closing the door behind him, he walked to her with a smirk.

"I didn't know you were expecting me now."

"Oh no, no. It was more like I hoped you wouldn't so I could end my day in peace," she kept smiling, causing him to roll his eyes.

"If I didn't know better I would've believed you."

"That's the problem, isn't it?" Jennie's head gradually tilted back as he came nearer and she was completely looking up when he stood right before her. "You never know better, Mr.Kim."

"Well well well," he smirked, taking another tiny step to place himself into her personal space, taking her jacket and purse to drop them onto the floor. "Aren't you in a good mood today, Miss Jennie."

"I think you meant Vice President Kim," Jennie smirked back. "You must have seen the door plate."

"Mmmm, I did," he slowly reached his hands to hold Jennie's shoulder with one and brush her hair back with the other, his touch ghosting over her neck. "Suits you so well."

"Of course it does," Jennie's voice was smug.

"I came to celebrate," the lawyer placed his hand on her neck, the palm covering all of her skin, fingers cupping her face. His thumb slowly swiped under her lower lip. She arched a brow.

"Is that so."

"Yeah," his already low tone lowered even more, becoming huskier. "Where should we celebrate, though, you can choose."

An anticipation suddenly surged through Jennie's veins. She loved vexing him; the annoyed, angry and sometimes jealous light that flashed in his eyes when she acted indifferent and inconsiderate thrilled her to no end. Ah she knew he got jealous, he got jealous so much that once she pushed him off his limits, he would get possessive and lose his control – which was the thing he prided himself over the most.

"What made you think that I'd celebrate it with you, Lawyer Kim?" Jennie whispered looking at him under her lashes and expecting the change of his sultry expression.

Instantly, her expectations were met.

A light of anger and jealousy flashed in his big eyes for a second and then disappeared. Still, they stayed long enough for Jennie to see them.

"You have plans with other people again?" His hold on her tightened a tiny bit, not enough to make her uncomfortable but to give her the satisfaction of knowing she succeeded. Jennie hummed.

"I do have friends, you know."

"Who?"

"Aren't you being too intrusive?"

"I said, who."

The barely controlled voice made Jennie want to laugh. But she was getting late so she indulged him.

"Relax," she raised her free hand to pat his chest. "I'm going out with Hari, Juyoon, and Nami."

He exhaled, obviously trying to calm down. And Jennie smiled when his hold eased on her arm. His eyes were piercing through hers, so intense and just so... wanton.

It gave Jennie a slight shiver, the ecstasy of being wanted surged through her body and made her step into him more, enough to press her body against his. A pair of strong arms circled her waist.

"It's gonna be a girls' night," she said airily without breaking eye contact. Her fingers danced on his chest before she slid them up to rest her arms on his shoulders. "So I can't tell you the place."

"Jennie," he murmured with a warning undertone.

"What?" she smiled coyly, a couple of fingers starting to play with the hairs on his nape that she knew drove him crazy. "I can't tell you that we'll be in Rush Hour, right?"

A slow smirk crept on his lips upon that, arms tightened around her slim waist, "Oh you can't?"

Jennie hummed, her crimson lips curving quirkily, "I can't. Because then you might come and find me in Rush Hour, enjoying a drink or two in the private lounge four, and then I would have to deal with you all night."

"It's a shame then," he licked his lips, her gaze wavered down there for a second before going up to find his eyes again. Jennie tilted her head to the side.

"Oh I doubt it. You know how much I hate it when you find me in clubs."

He chuckled, "They are completely coincidences, Miss Jennie, we both know that."

Laughing at that lightly, Jennie lowered her hands and wiggled out of his hold and grabbed her jacket and purse from the floor.

"Enjoy your night, Lawyer Kim," she said looking over her shoulder playfully on her way to the door.

He raked his hands through his hair with a chuckle, "You too, Miss Jennie."

"Oh I definitely will," she smirked right before going out of the room and closed the door behind her with a giggle. She needed to find her car and change her outfit right away.

Preferably to something that would be easy to take off.

*

Lisa was feeling tired.

But it wasn't anything new, she always felt tired now. Sitting down, standing up, moving around, walking even if it was in their house - it was all tiring so much. Her body was huge now. Only four days had left until she would be admitted to the hospital.

She had been staying in the house for weeks now. Partly because Jungkook literally prevented people from interacting with her in any way at the hospital and partly because as her due date neared, she started to get tired too quickly for her own liking. Not to mention the number of times she went to pee in a span of a day. So for today too, she had stayed at home and was currently sitting on their huge and comfy sofa in the living room, stretching her aching legs and talking to Jungwon.

She giggled upon remembering the drunken voting. Everyone was shitfaced but they were all so enthusiastic that Lisa couldn't help giving in. Jungwon was one of the candidates anyway. And both sides were ecstatic when they learnt the name. Especially her father-in-law and grandfather-in-law who looked like they were very touched when the reason behind the name was explained. That made Lisa even happier since she cared about them a lot. They had given her a family when hers was so far away. And she also was happy that Jungkook's grandfather would get to see the child of his grandson, the fourth generation of Jeon family in the flesh.

Speaking of family, after a long time, she had hers too.

Her mom and dad had been in Seoul for almost a month now. They were going to stay two more months after the birth, making sure to spend time with Lisa and Jungwon before they would have to go back. Her dad had cancelled all his activities for the entire three-month time span, and her mother had left her beloved restaurant into the hands of her second-in-command. So, Lisa was sitting comfortably on the sofa, talking quietly to her son and listening to her parents chatter in the kitchen when she was supposed to be watching her favourite drama playing on the television across from her. Craning her neck and yawning widely, she turned her head to her right to look out from the floor-to-ceiling windows.

Their main house was located in a private lot a bit outside the city. But it compensated that with the amazing view of city lights and the Han River. They lived in a three-storey villa in the middle of a huge garden with various flower beds, a pool, a small pond, a tiny greenhouse that had sunflowers all year long, a party area, a modest seating area with a couple of arbours and a secluded place they had prepared to spend time with Jungwon in it. There was a stone way that led to the house through the front garden from the parking lot outside.

Inside of the house was spacious and as minimal as possible. First floor was mainly the living room, the kitchen, the dining room, a small study, a couple of rooms, the first master bedroom, two bathrooms and a porch that opened to the back garden. Second floor was more personal; the main master bedroom, the various guest rooms, a gaming room, two bathrooms, the library, a spacious balcony with generous decorations and a table big enough to pass as a dining room. Of course, now it also had a room reserved for Jungwon. Third floor belonged to only Jungkook and Lisa. It was the place they went whenever they wanted to go back in time and walk down the memory lane. The whole floor was one single room with a bathroom and kitchen squeezed in the back, and sliding glass doors opened to a terrace just like Jeons' Busan house where Lisa told Jungkook she wanted to stay in Korea for him. When they stayed on the third floor, they would stay for days and Jungkook would cook for her. There had been a time when they had spent two weeks there, causing a mini-breakdown for everyone.

And whenever they needed to be in the city for a long while, they stayed in their apartment in Gangnam by the river. But since her pregnancy advanced a lot, Lisa started to stay at the main house, away from the hussle and with other people in the house that could tend to her needs if necessary. Of course, Jungkook was calling her in every possible chance he got. He was torn between wanting Lisa to rest and wanting to see her with his own eyes every moment possible, it was too endearing for Lisa's heart.

But now that Lisa had her parents in their house with her, Jungkook had been more at ease. He still called her an unhealthy amount of time during the day but it was fine, he was panicking too. Lisa knew he wanted to look like the calm and collected parent, the one who was rational, the one who was strong and practical. So he tried his best to not show his panic and anxiety. It was all very sweet, she thought. With every tick of the clock, she became more distressed anyway, it was her who was supposed to push an actual, living human being out of her body. She didn't have time to worry over anything else besides that. Some nights, she had mild anxiety attacks thinking about the pain she was going to go through since she didn't want to have C-section. Her gynaecologist had told her that she would recover faster from normal delivery but it would be more painful. And since Lisa wanted to recover as fast as possible and go back to work, she had chosen to do that, it was her choice.

It didn't help her anxiety, though.

*

On that fateful afternoon Jennie was at the company, having a small meeting about monthly profits and what to do to further increase them. It was just Jennie, her two secretaries, heads of development departments, head of the financial department and the head of the law team.

She was right in the middle of a sentence when her phone started ringing and with a glance, she saw her mother's name.

"One second," she frowned. Her mother had never called her if it wasn't a case of emergency, an uneasy feeling settled in Jennie.

"Yes mom?" she asked nervously.

"Jennie!" Jeon Jungrae squealed from the other side of the line. "Lisa has gone into labour!"

Bolting up, Jennie screamed, "WHAT?"

"Yes!! We're on our way -"

"I'll be there in ten minutes, tell her to wait for me," Jennie ended the call while her mom was still laughing and hastily moved towards her desk.

"Miss Kim?" Secretary Yook stood up with a smile.

"The meeting is dismissed, I need to go to the hospital," Jennie grabbed her coat and purse.

"Is everything okay?" Lawyer Kim frowned.

Stopping to take a deep breath, Jennie closed her eyes for a second. When she felt calm enough, she turned to the people standing up at the meeting table, a little concerned. A bright, excited and huge smile she couldn't help settled on her lips.

"I'm gonna be an aunt."

The understanding and genuinely happy smiles on her audience's faces made her giddy. Secretary Yook pocketed his cellphone and gestured to the door.

"Your car is ready, Miss Kim. Let's go."

Her grin never faltering, Jennie practically danced her way out. She felt like with every step she took, she was walking on clouds.

*

The corridor of the VIP delivery room of the private Horizon Hospitals - owned by J&L Group - was truly more crowded than it needed to be.

All of the Bigshots were there; Jeon Junghoon, Lee Yeoshin, Jeon Jungrae, Kim Jaebum, and even 'the Jeon Junghyun and Lee Sarang' themselves along with Sumate Manoban and Mayuree Manoban (both looking worried beyond reason), and lastly, Park Chaeyoung who looked like she was praying with her hands clasped and eyes closed. A breathless Kim Jennie arrived with echoing sounds of quick steps, looking too excited to be aware of that.

"What happened?" she breathed out when the heads turned to her. "Did she deliver yet?"

Just like an answer to her question, an ear piercing scream reached them, making everyone grimace and look at the closed doors.

"Where's Kook?" Jennie glanced around.

"In with Lisa," Junghoon replied, worry dripping from his voice. "It's been eight hours."

"Relax," Yeoshin put one hand on his forearm. "It's normal. It had taken me fourteen hours, remember?"

"You've been here for eight hours?" Jennie raised her eyebrows. It looked like she was the last one to be informed.

"More or less," Park Chaeyoung replied with a sigh. Then pointed at the Manobans and continued in English, "They've been here for nearly ten hours."

Jennie glanced at the couple and smiled. Then turned to her grandparents.

"You guys shouldn't be sitting here for this long."

"We came a little over ten minutes ago," her grandmother replied, eyes fixed on the door. "I'm worried about Lisa. She's been screaming a lot."

As if on cue, another shrill scream came from behind the doors, making people look at each other worriedly while Jennie grimaced again.

She was so not going to give birth. No way.

*

"AH FUCKING HELL!!!" Lisa yelled loudly, covered in sweat and face as red as a beetroot. "IT HURTS!!"

"Take a deep breath-" the doctor between her open legs forced out a smile and Jungkook nodded.

"Yes baby, please-"

"SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH JEON JUNGKOOK!!" Lisa hissed in fury. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT - OH MY GOD!"

As the young nurses in the room looked at her in shock, her body spasmed with another wave of pain. Lisa squeezed Jungkook's now numb hand even more. The man in question grimaced and rubbed her back harder.

"You'll be okay -"

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU - YOU FUCKER - OH GOD - AH!!! - I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE - AH FUCK -"

"Mrs.Jeon, push harder -"

"WHAT MRS.JEON I'M GONNA FUCKING DIVORCE HIM - AH - THE FUCK - OH GOD -"

The young nurses gasped in an even bigger shock, their eyes immediately turning to Jungkook who just sighed helplessly, worried eyes fixed on Lisa's face.

"Honey just a bit more -"

"I'M GONNA FUCKING THROTTLE YOU - SON OF A BITCH -"

"I see the head!" the doctor announced excitedly. "Need you to push a little harder!"

Her shoulders straining from the effort, Lisa pushed as good as she could and the scream of pain she let out made nearly everyone close their ears hastily.

"One tiny shoulder is here!"

"OH GOD JUST PULL HIM OUT! I CAN'T - I CAN'T TAKE IT -" Lisa screamed through her sore throat, not aware of what she's saying.

"Lisa!" Jungkook looked at her in surprise. Her head - drops of sweat rolling down her red face and contorted with pain and hostility - turned to him to hiss out violently.

"FUCK YOU JUNGKOOK - AH GOD - AH! - DON'T TOUCH ME!"

"One last push!" the doctor encouraged Lisa. "One last, big push Lisa, you can do it!"

It was the loudest by far and Lisa felt like she was about to pass out. Her spine locked painfully as she arched her back and her legs spasmed. For nearly too many seconds, she was screaming her lungs out, her fingers crushing whatever she had been holding (being Jungkook's hand and the sheets beneath her that she has ripped off) and then her body collapsed on the bed, drained of all power, breathing heavily. Simultaneously, another sound filled the room.

The cries of Jeon Jungwon meeting the world.

~~ the end ~~

A/N: I want to specially thank all of you for staying through thick and thin with me. I love you guys so much. Hopefully I'll see you in new stories! ❤️ I love you so much and take care of yourselves ❤️

Till then,

Love, Olivia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 466 30
Lisa is a bunch of insecurities that she's not aware of, she just think she's stupid. It was pretty easy for her to know the rest of her classmates...
101K 3.4K 15
When superstars groups BTS and BLACKPINK accidently rent the same beach house for the summer, Jeon Jungkook hopes he can finally get close to his ult...
75.4K 4.2K 34
For Lisa, being a single mom was the greatest thing in the whole universe and she could not ask anything other than for her daughter to grow up healt...