Love is Blind

Από TaraLDeclan

^Top Five Finalist in the 2013 Watty Award^ ATTENTION: Due to publishing this is only HALF of the book. For t... Περισσότερα

Love is Blind
Preface
Chapter One: The Shooting
Chapter Two: A Family
Chapter Three: Georgia Collins
Chapter Four: Talking to Myself
Chapter Five: Reece Collins
Chapter Six: I was There
Chapter Seven: Open Eyes
Chapter Eight: It's Called Braille
Chapter Nine: Nothing to Do
Chapter Ten: Not That Bad
Chapter Eleven: A Book
Chapter Twelve: Lesson One
Chapter Thirteen: Shave
Chapter Fourteen: Never Be His Type
Chapter Fifteen: Nightmares
Chapter Sixteen: Twenty Questions
Chapter Seventeen: Lila
Chapter Eighteen: School Again
Chapter Nineteen: Learning the Stick
Chapter Twenty: Part One
Chapter Twenty-One: Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Two: Because of You
Chapter Twenty-Three: Lost
Chapter Twenty-Four: Starting Off Good
Chapter Twenty-Five: Maybe
Chapter Twenty-Six: He's Blind...Duh
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Are We There Yet
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Part 2 Grow a Pair
Chapter Thirty: The Moment
Chapter Thirty-One: Everything is Different
Chapter Thirty-Two: Late Night Voice
Chapter Thirty-Three: Almost Date Time
Chapter Thirty-Four: Date Part One
Chapter Thirty-Five: Date Part Two **Special Chaper**
Chapter Thirty-Six: Back to School
Chapter Thirty-Seven: All This Noise
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Angel
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Payton's Past
Chapter Forty: Voice From the Past
Chapter Forty-One: Clair Part One
Chapter Forty-Two: Clair Part Two
Chapter Forty-Three: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter Forty-Four: First Run
Chapter Forty-Five: Something's Up
Chatpter Forty-Six: Hope
Chapter Forty-Seven: The Call and the Promise
Chapter Forty-Eight: Hi Cutie
Chapter Forty-Nine: Some Good News
Chapter Fifty: Heart to Heart
Chapter Fifty-One: Special POV Chapter
Chapter Fifty-Two: Bad Day
Chapter Fifty-Three: The Lie
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Odds
Chapter Fifty-Five: The Fight
The Greatest Announcement of all Times
Buy the book!
New Book

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Dog Part 1

201K 3.7K 294
Από TaraLDeclan

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Payton's POV

"Conner! Give it back now!" Who is that female voice? I wonder as I open my eyes and stare up at an unfamiliar ceiling. Where am I? This isn't my room!

"Never!" A male shouts and then it hits me as I shift slightly and feel a warm, comfy body under me.

"Are you awake?" Reece asks and I look at him from under my eye brows look at his glowing blue eyes that are staring up and his brown hair is messy from sleeping. I feel his bare chest under my arm.

"Conner I warn you, if you do not give it back I will cut you balls off in your sleep!" Juliet says in a very loud and serious voice.

I move a little bit more as I smile. This is actually an amazing way to wake up. "Yeah, it's kind of hard to sleep," I reply to him with a chuckle.

"I apologize once again for my family," He whispers softly to me and as I stare up at his face I see a slight blush cover his cheeks.

"Don't be, they are very entertaining," I chuckle again and a smile rises on his perfect lips.

"Want some breakfast?" he asks with his sexy raspy sleep voice. That is just so amazing sounding.

"Sure," I say as I sit up in the bed and stretch my arms above my head like a cat.

"Do you see my cane anywhere?"Reece asks me as he sits up to and perches on the side of his bed.

"Um..." I say as I stand from the bed and walk around his room looking for it. "Yeah there it is! Someone must have brought it back in here," I reply as I finally spot it resting by the door.

"Can you bring it to me, please?" he asks me kindly.

"Sure," I say as I walk over to it and pick it up. I then carry it back other to where he is seated on the edge of the large bed. "Here," I say to him and he reaches it out and I place it in his. "What time is your friend picking us up?"I ask remembering that his friend, Carter I think, is suppose to be taking us somewhere.

"Well what time is it now?" he asks me and I look over at the clock on his night stand.

"It's... um...9:00 am," I inform him as I walk closer to him.

"Ok he'll be here at 12 so we should eat and then get ready," he tells me as he holds out his cane and uses it to stand up.

"Ok, wait can I borrow some bottoms?" I ask as I look down at the shirt that falls mid-thigh. There is no way I am going to go down stairs in this.

"Go for it," he says. I nod as I walk over to his closet and open it. I withdrawal a pair of black sweat and pull them on.

"Let's go," I say as I approach him. He smiles at me and nods his head. I slip my hand into his and its warm. Sparks shoot through me followed by tingles. Reece holds his can in his right hand and he looks so hot in his boxers only, which his mom must not care if he goes down in them. We head for the kitchen.

As we walk into his kitchen I see his mom at the stove with her blonde hair in a messy bun. She's wearing a gray short sleeve t-shirt and some plaid pajama pants. There is a frying pan in her hand that has the sizzling bacon in it and pictures sit on the plate beside the stove, on the counter and steam rises off of them. "Morning Georgia," I say as she turns around and smiles at me. Her face is bare and yet she still looks beautiful.

"Good morning to you two too!" she replies to me with a smile. She does not seem to mind her eighteen year old son standing in her kitchen in nothing but his boxers, which is hot, holding hands with a girl, who just slept in his bed. "Breakfast is up have a seat," she says nicely as she begins fixing two plates. I guide Reece over to the table and lightly place his hand on the back of the chair.

He slides his hand on it and sits down. I smile at him and sit beside him.

"Here you kids go," Georgia says as she sits a plate in front of both of us along with something to drink.

I watch as Reece takes a deep breath and then reaches out slowly touching his plate. He picks up a piece of bacon and takes a bite. After he eats it he reaches back for more and continues to eat. With a smile stuck on my face I begin to the bacon and biscuits on my plate. Which are in fact very yummy! Georgia can really cook!

"Mom! I hate Conner!" Juliet's voice says all of a sudden and she marches into the kitchen.

"What's new?" Georgia asks her with a smirk and shakes her head. Juliet groans as she sits at the table. She is wearing a pair of blue pajama shorts with a grey spaghetti strap top, her blonde hair in curls around her shoulders.

"Gee, thanks mom," she mutters as she gives her mom a really-look. I bite my lip to suppress my laughter.

"You are welcome," Georgia replies sarcastically back at her and Reece chuckle deeply. His family is quiet entertaining in the morning and I like it. I think as I continue to eat.

"Juliet can Payton borrow some clothes for today please?" Reece asks Juliet and my head shots up not expecting that.

"Sure as long as I can help her get ready," Juliet says with a smile. Juliet help me get ready? Do I trust her with doing that? I don't know why I wouldn't.

"I don't know that's up to her," he tells her shrugging his shoulders and pushes himself away from the table. I look to see that his plate is empty.

"Sure, let's get this over with," I sighs and Juliet clap happily with a smile replacing her frown.

"Let's go! We will be back bubby," Juliet says and I can hear her and Payton stand and then walk away.

I stand up and so does Juliet, she leads me out of the room and to the stair case.

"Come on," she says as she jogs up the stair and leads me down the large halls. I have never been up here and it is very pretty up here. She finally stops at a dark purple door and opens it. I walk into a really cool room.

The walls are a pretty maroon color and she has a large bed in the middle bedside to glass doors that I guess lead to a balcony. On one side of the room is a large entertainment system with couches in front of it with a black rug. Behind the couches against the wall is a desk that has books and papers all over it. On the other side of the room is two doors, I am guessing one it to a bathroom and the other is to a closet. In between the two sits a makeup/beauty desk that is scattered with her makeup and hair stuff.

"You're room is really pretty," I tell her with a smile as I look around.

"Thank you," she says smiling. "Now what should you wear," she says as she stroke her invisible beard. "It's cool out so something warm."

I nod my head and she smiles brightly as she skips over to her closet and swings it open. Juliet withdrawals some clothes and then waltz back over to me. "Here, put these on," she says handing me the clothes and pointing to the other door. I nod and walk inside the large bathroom.

I strip Reece clothes and blue on the dark, boot-cut jeans she picked out. Since I am a tad bit bigger than Juliet the jeans hung me lightly which shows my curves. I then pull the red v-neck she handed me and pull it on. Once again since I am a tad bit bigger the shirt clings to me tightly and really shows off my breasts. I then pull on the black, leather jacket that has short fur on the inside which is really warm. I step out of the bathroom and Juliet smiles really brightly as she grabs my wrists and tugs me to her makeup desk.

"Sit," she orders and I obey as she begins putting makeup lightly on my face and then she begins to flat iron my hair.

About a haft an hour later she makes a sound of satification and I hear the door bell ring. "You are done!" she says smile and I stand walking to her floor length mirror. My jaw drops in shock; my brown hair is straight hanging down around my shoulders.

My face doesn't have a lot of makeup on it but it looks really pretty and perfect with the little it has. These clothes even make my body look decent. "Wow," I say clearly impressed.

"Yes, wow, you look gorgeous," Juliet says with a bright smile.

"Thank you!" I say with a smile.

"No problem, now go," she says to me.

I take off to Reece's room where I grab my shoes and put them on and then grab my purse. I rush to the front door to see Reece standing there talking to a tall, dark brown hair guy with chocolate eyes. He has a pair of black shades tucked into his gray t-shirt and has a black, leather jacket and he also has on a pair of jeans. He is actually really good looking and has muscles, but now where near as hot as Reece.

I walk to Reece's side smiling. "Payton, this is my friend Carter, Carter this is Payton," Reece introduces us and the guy looks at me smiling brightly.

"Great to meet you, Payton, shall we all leave?" he asks and Reece nods and so do I.

We get into his car and on are drive to where ever we are headed, Carter and Reece tell me off how they met and Carter tells me his story, which really was sad. Finally we arrive to the place after a long while and we all walk inside where I am shocked at what I see.

There are people in t-shirts that have Guide Dogs for the Blind wrote on them in white with the sign on it. There are a couple doors around the room and in the middle of the room people are walking dogs around that have harness with handle on the and the guide dog shirt. There are all kinds of different breed of dogs.

"Hi! Can I help you?" a middle aged woman asks as she walks up to us. She is wearing one of those green shirts.

"I am Carter, this is Payton and Reece, and we are here to get Reece a guide dog," Carter says smiling at the woman and she nods.

"I'm Joy and I will be helping you," why don't you guys follow me and you can meet the dogs who are trained and ready for a partner," the women says, she has he black hair back in a pony tail and she has tan skin with big green eyes. She leads us to one of the doors and swipes her card allowing use all to enter my heart melts as I see the dogs running around what looks to be their play room having a blast.

It means so very much to me that Reece brought me with him for this big moment! Why though, I don't know.

"I really want you to help me pick one out," Reece's voice whispers in my ear sending shivers down my spine and a blush to rise in my cheeks.

"Ok," I whisper back biting my lip to hide the grin trying break across my face.

"These Guide Dogs are all serious and business when the harness is on, but when it's off, it's play time," Joys says and Carter smiles as he wonders off to play with a couple dogs. I take Reece's hand and we walk farther into the room with all the happy looking dogs.

Suddenly something bumps my leg and I stop cause Reece to stop also. I look down to see a yellow, Golden Retriever sitting in front of Reece staring up at him with its big brown eyes and panting happily.

My heart melts as I see just how adorable it is. The dog stands up and rubs its head against Reece's left hand. That's so cool; it's as if this dog can sense that he is blind. A beautiful smile spreads across his face as he scoots down and pets the dog. The dog begins licking his face and I can see an automatic bond between these two.

"What does it look like?" Reece asks me and I smile at him as he pets the dog's head.

"Well the dog is a Golden Retriever and has kind of long hair, that is more of a creamy yellow color and is adorable," I inform him and he lifts his head up at me and smiles as he pets the dog.

"Do you like it?" he asks me and I look at him and smile.

"I do and I can see a connection between you two," I say simply and he nods as he continues to pet the dog.

"Oh I see you have met Rider!" Joy says as she approaches us. "You two really look like you have made a bond that partners do. So is Rider the one for you Reece?" Joys asks with a hopeful look.

I look at Reece and Rider and see how happy those two are, he better say yes.

"Rider?" Reece say softly to himself and Rider licks him. "Yeah he's the one for me," Reece says happily and wraps his arms around Rider hugging him and Rider licks his face.

"Ok we just have to do the paper work which Carter told me he handle while you and Reece go through a training class," Joy says and Reece nods with a big smile while he and his new dog bond. I am so happy for Reece! This is a whole new step for him and I could not be prouder!!

#20 on teen fiction!!! :')

Thank you all so so so so very very much!!!:D

You have no clue just how much all oh this means to me!! It truly means a lot!!!!!

yOU ARE ALL SO VERY AMAZING!!!

I love you all so much!!!!!:D

I love all of you're comments!! They make me so happy and some make me so happy i cry!!

This is close to making the teens and if that happens i will die and pass out!!:)

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!

a few things real quick:

1) anyone who want to make a cover/banner/ trailer or anything feel free and just send it to me!!!! If you do this i will fan you(if i have already) and dedicate to you! Mention you! And use it!!:D

2) I will update tomorrow!!!

3) If you all have any questions about anything at all, message me post one my wall comment it doesnt matter feel free too!!:D

4) I dont mind if you guys ask me to check out your stuff, i will when i have time. But could you please ask me in a message on post on my wall and NOT in a comment!!!

5) Question for all of you:

Who is your favorite character so far?

Anwser below!!!

You are all so amzing and i love you!!

You are great!!

PLEASE

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE!!!

Must go read Gone with the Wind now again!!!:|

THANK YOU ALL SO SO MUCH!!!

LOVE,

Tara xxx

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

500K 16.8K 47
Y/N Y/L/N, she is a nerd and everybody treats her like she's invisible. She hates high school and she kept begging her mom if she could be homeschool...
Alexa. (#1) Από 🌻

Εφηβική Φαντασία

387K 10.9K 48
#908 in Teen Fiction '9/12/2016' #788 in Teen Fiction '18/1/2017' Life could be really tough. It could be sunshine-y and peachy but just like that, i...
503K 16.6K 60
If asked, baby Emily Robinson would have gleefully said that, her life revolved around two cornerstones: volleyball, Riley. Volleyball was the pass...
124K 8.3K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...