Spencer Reid One Shots

By _anonymous_writerr

*UNDER MAINTENANCE* Dr. Spencer Reid one shots for your entertainment. Requests closed. More

Authors note.
New Year Wonder
The Fight
Kiss and Make-Up
Can't help falling in love
Moments
Missing you
Important (authors note)
Unexpected Expectations
Elevator kisses
Bad day
I'm back! (Note.)
Misunderstanding
Amends
1k!!!
Library dates and cafΓ© kisses
Unsaid
Family snow day
Home
Poetry
Jealous
Important authors note. Please read.
Unsaid, part 2.
Hurt
Unsaid, part 3.
(Read!!)
Authors note
Sweet Creature
For old times sake.
Before You Go.
New One Shot?
Godspeed
Authors Note
Anger
See me
Glimpse of Us
Gimpse of Us (part 2!)
The Sweetest Halloween
Temper

Trick or treat?

5.4K 95 42
By _anonymous_writerr

Plot - It's your first halloween as a member of the team, and the tension bubbling between you and Spencer Reid gets a little more intense...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't believe us, as a group of twenty-five plus year olds, are attending a halloween party. Do we not have something better to do?" Derek complained, twiddling a pen between his fingers.

"Come on, Derek. How often do we get to enjoy holidays anyway? You should be glad we have the night off," You said, placing your cup of coffee down on your desk and sitting down on the spinning chair, twirling around once before facing Derek again.

"A day off? You've only been here for a few months, sparky." Derek smirked.

"And I, am exhausted." You groaned with feigned exaggeration, taking a sip of your coffee.

Within a few moments, sunshine itself personified came into view, Penelope Garcia with a beaming smile and a bold outfit, paired with some bunny ears for the halloween spirit.
"Well I am more than excited. And you do not even know how big David Rossi's house is yet," Penelope said, pointing the fluffy end of her purple pen  in your direction.

"I can guess," you laughed, shaking your head.

"And we have enough cover so all of us will be there. You hear that? Every. Single. One." Penelope said.

"Alright babygirl, I know this is your dream come true. I'll be there." Derek winked at her and she waved her hand at him with a child-like giggle.

You smiled at the interaction before flipping over a case file, looking over it and tracing your fingers over some of the words, getting lost in the case for a few moments.

You slowly picked up your coffee cup and began taking a sip.

"Do we have to dress up for this party?" A familiar voice filled the surrounding filled the air, you could recognise that voice anywhere. Spencer Reid.

You lifted your eyes slightly and looked at him, and today he was wearing a fitted suit, no sweater vest, an actual suit. With just a blue shirt and tie, sleeves rolled up to his elbows and trousers fitting loosely on his waist.

You coughed slightly, spilling some coffee on your white blouse and over your chin.

"Shoot," you muttered, grabbing some tissues off the side and wiping your chin, dabbing down your blouse.

"You okay?" Spencer addressed you directly, walking over to you and leaning over you slightly to grab some more tissues for you, handing them over to you with a small smile.

You looked up at him as you took the tissues, nodding your head slightly.

"Yes, thank you," you said, feeling your skin heating up slightly and you probably looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"I'll go clean up properly in the restroom, thanks," you said with a soft smile before standing up and making your way to the restroom, mentally face palming as you closed the door behind you, while Penelope and Derek gave one another a knowing smile.

"So kid, costumes..." Derek began.

__________________________

The clock was ticking, the party was drawing closer, with all of your fairly new colleagues and your new found crush.
Maybe you did fancy Spencer, just a tad. Since the first day at work around him you felt like a babbling mess.
He was just, intoxicating. Everything he did. The way he spoke, moved.

But for months, all he had been was your colleague, with not much more than work related conversations and stolen glances.

Thankfully, the women of the team were more than accommodating to you, bringing you into their little group outside of Derek, Spencer, David and Aaron.

You, Penelope, JJ and Emily were getting ready at Garcia's apartment. It wasn't exactly a 'scary' halloween costume, more of a, dress as good as you want and throw an accessory with it. Thanks to the Mean Girls code.

You stood in front of a full length mirror, wearing a black satin dress with spaghetti straps that ended around your shin, but there was a small slit up the side of the leg, and of course complimented with a pair of black cat ears.

"Oh that looks so good!" Emily said as she walked into the room, standing behind you and fixing some of your hair.

"I'm guessing we don't get to dress up all that often so better make the most of it. My pantsuits are getting tired." You said and Emily laughed, fixing the shoulder off her red dress.

"Tell me about it." She said, handing your coat over to you which you gladly slipped on.

"Lets go," Emily said as she began heading out of the room.

"Oh Emily?" You asked as you headed over and she glanced over her shoulder back at you.
"Red is definitely your colour." You complimented and she smiled, thanking you, before the two of you went over to the others.

________________________

Arriving at the party was a little unnerving, but you were excited nonetheless, it was the whole team plus friends and more, so there was enough people for the rooms to be fairly full. It was your first time with the team outside of work.

"You excited sugarpuff?" Penelope asked and you grinned slightly at the nickname.
"It's my all-time favourite British cereal so you should be happy with that." She added.

"I am, actually. Slightly nervous but you are all so welcoming," You said and Penelope beamed with happiness before she ran off to greet others.

You picked up a glass of wine from the tray and took a sip, making your way over to where Derek was stood with David Rossi.

"Well, aren't you a sight for sore eyes?" Derek said and David smiled.
"You look great," he told you.

"Why thank you, gentleman. You both clean up fairly well if I must say so." You said with a soft laugh, looking around the room.

"Looking for someone?" Derek smirked and you looked back at him, innocently lifting the glass of wine to your lips as you shook your head and he chuckled.

"Sure you're not. But incase you were, someone just walked in the door over there." Derek said as he nodded in the direction of the door and you looked over, seeing Spencer walk in in an all black suit and you felt your heartbeat pick up slightly.

He noticed the three of you, making his way over.
"Hello," he said as he stood beside you and you felt the hairs on your arm stand up slightly.

"Hey," you said, clearing your throat a little.

David noticed, held back a smile, and pulled Spencer into a conversation in a way to save your ass. Which he did.

As the night went on, the tension felt like it was building even more. When Spencer grazed past you, looked at you, smiled at you, or even spoke to you... you felt like your skin was on fire.
Maybe it was a pretty intense crush.

When everyone finally sat down for dinner, you were sat directly facing Spencer, and there were at least fifteen other people at the table chattering, drinking and eating.

You took a bite of pasta and looked around, your eyes briefly catching Spencer's, and he didn't look away nervously, he looked at your eyes until something interrupted.

Aaron Hotchner addressed you directly.
"How are you finding it here at Quantico?" He asked and you placed your fork down.

"Great, actually. Really good. I'm so glad I got the opportunity to work here, having only a few years experience." You said and he nodded.

"You're an asset to the team. We're all glad to have you here." He said with a nod.

"Thank you, sir." You said and the other conversations ensued, and the meal ended with a toast of an in unison 'Happy Halloween!'

When everybody started to disperse and start drinking and partying once more, you made your way upstairs and towards the bathroom.

This place was like a maze, Penelope wasn't kidding when she said David's house was mahoosive. You looked around the upstairs, opening at least four different doors before you found the bathroom and headed inside, closing the door behind you.
You just needed to freshen up and get yourself together.
Everything was going great. Nothing to worry about, you were fitting in, right?

You were disrupted from your thoughts when the door opened and you looked over.
"Occupi- oh," you said, seeing Spencer at the door.

"Oh, sorry. The door wasn't locked, I assumed it was free." He said, taking a step back.

"Don't worry. I was just heading out so you can use it," you said, fixing your hair a little, trying to hide your nerves while being alone with Spencer.

"You mess with your hair when you're nervous," Spencer pointed out, tucking his hands into his trouser pockets.

You looked at him and raised your eyebrows slightly.
"I thought we didn't profile other members of the team." You joked softly, running your hand over your bare arm.

"That one's just obvious." Spencer stated.
"A lot of people have nervous habits. Biting nails, tapping feet, playing with hair." He rambled and gestured towards you.
"So is it the party making you nervous? Being with the team outside of work for the first time?" Spencer asked, his eyes now falling to meet yours, a few strands of his hair falling loosely over his forehead.

"Something like that," you breathed out.
God, he was gorgeous.
No, snap out of it.
He's a work colleague.

"I'll let you, you know, do your biz," you laughed slightly and walked to the doorway that he was blocking, trying to squeeze past him with your chest grazing his but he didn't move.
Instead, he just moved his hand to the door and closed it, so the both of you were inside the bathroom.

You looked down at his hand and then up at Spencer, parting your lips to speak but no words came out.

"Is it just the party making you nervous?" Spencer asked, his voice a little lower this time, bordering on a whisper.

"Uhm-," you began, straightening your back slightly, looking back at his hand on the door as his slender fingers held the handle.

"Or is it something else?" He asked, moving his hand upwards and at your chin, grasping it gently and lifting your head so your eyes would meet his, an intense stare prominent on his features.

You didn't object to his hand placement and your body naturally moved further into his like some sort of gravitational pull. He slowly grazed his thumb against your lower lip, and your hand grazed across his arm where he had rolled his sleeves to his elbow, gliding from his watch to his forearm.

Spencer wasn't rambling, in fact you had never seen him so intense. Aside from cases, of course.

Your soft breath fanned against the pad of his thumb, and the look in your eyes must have been enough for him to reach his other hand to the back of your neck and pull you in, connecting his lips to yours and pressing you back into the cold tile wall of the bathroom.

Your lips melted into his, your hands gripping at his shirt as you kissed, only taking short breaths in between as Spencer's large hand moved into your hair, gripping it. His other hand moved down to your thigh, lifting your leg slightly around his waist as his fingertips grazed your bare skin.

After a few more moments, the two of you pulled away and pressed your foreheads together as panting filled the enclosed space of the bathroom.

Then there was knocking on the door and the two of you looked towards it, with your bodies still closely pressed together. As the door began to open, both you and Spencer in unison yelled 'no!'.

From the other side of the door, you could hear Derek Morgan laughing as he pulled it closed.

"Happy Halloween kids!" He called out before his footsteps retreated.

You and Spencer both looked at each other, and Spencer chuckled before just pulling your face closer to his again.

"Where were we?" He muttered, before pressing his lips back against yours.

Trick or treat?
Now this was definitely a halloween treat.

________________________

"I'm yours right now
I put a spell on you
Because you're mine..."

Happy Halloween my little goblins!
Hope you enjoyed!;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 1.3K 23
just a collection of little imagines, one shots, etc. use of y/n. any requests? 🌿
4.3K 67 26
"α΄€ΚŸΚŸ Ιͺ ᴋɴᴏᴑ, α΄€ΚŸΚŸ Ιͺ ᴋɴᴏᴑ ʟᴏᴠΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ʏᴏᴜ Ιͺꜱ α΄€ ʟᴏꜱΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ɒᴀᴍᴇ" π‘πžπšππžπ« 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 π’π©πžπ§πœπžπ« 𝐰𝐑𝐒π₯𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐒𝐭𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐑𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐋�...
770K 8.3K 67
ΰΌ„ "𝐓𝐑𝐒𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐜𝐚π₯𝐦, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐭'𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫" ~ 𝐴 π‘π‘œπ‘™π‘™π‘’π‘π‘‘π‘–π‘œπ‘› π‘œπ‘“ π‘œπ‘›π‘’π‘ β„Žπ‘œπ‘‘π‘  π‘œπ‘› π‘¦π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘“π‘Žπ‘£π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘‘π‘’ π‘π‘œπ‘¦ 𝑔𝑒𝑛...
379K 4.9K 29
a collection of spencer reid/reader oneshots