To Keep Going On

By FiiJaa

2moons fanfic Beam disappeared after his one-night stand with Forth. No one knows where he went. Until he ret... More

Teaser
Prologue
Characters
1. Regrets...
2. 7 years later
3. New Life
4. Going back Home
5. The Start
6. Surprises
7. Perspective
8. Deciding To Stay...
9. A part of Himself
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30. His World
31
32
33. The three Crazy dorks
34
35
36
not an update
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50. a)
50. b)
51
52. a) Their little Angel
52. b) Our Little Angel
53
54
Characters - 2
55
56
57
58
59
60. Revelation
》New Story
61. Skeletons Out
Recap 1 (SEVEN YEARS AGO...)
62. Beam's Dilemma
Recap 2 (Seven Years)
63. Chaos
Not an update
64. SolitarY Hearts
65. Unfold
66. Unfold More
not an update.
67. Love or Not?
68. The Prince
69. Turn outs
70. The Lion King
71. Innocent Little Hearts
NOT AN UPDATE
72. Confrontations
74
75. I'm Pharm Vongviphan
76
NOT AN UPDATE
77
78. Magic Beans
79. Closure
80. Welcome, Monsters
81. D-Day
82. Babies

73

4.6K 210 75
By FiiJaa

He hurried to hold the little trembling boy in his arms who thrashed in his sleep.

"Hey... Hey... It's okay... You're okay... You're safe... No one is going to hurt you now... Sh... Its okay..." His voice, soft and warm as he whispered reassurances to the boy, sitting and holding the little boy patiently till he finally calmed down. Once the boy was sound asleep again, he fixed his IV and tried to get up, only to get his shirt being fisted in the little seven years old's hand.

"I think you better stay with him" Kit walked up to him, looking down at the boy in wonder. "This is the first time he calmed down. What did you do to him?" He asked Beam in a hushed tone.

Beam let out a breath and just leaned back, relaxing beside the boy and carefully pulling him in his arms. "Tell me what's wrong with him"

"Medically? Nothing. He's dehydrated and malnourished and above all, he's scared shit!" Kit told him. "Look at him. He'd been tied up for a while and I'm guessing alone and in dark. He's having nightmares and panic attacks and the spasms are due to the lack of oxygen from being duct taped for long"

Beam tightened his grip around the little boy and clenched his teeth in anger. What monster would do this to a poor kid?

He looked at the little seven years old child whose face was thin, lips pale and colorless and his fingers trembled as he held onto Beam's shirt.

"Do you know this kid?" Kit asked him in confusion. "If you do... we need to contact his family"

Beam let out a sigh. "He has no family left if I'm not wrong"

Kit sighed and sat down on the couch at the bedside. "Then I'll call for social services" he looked at Beam, observed the way he gently patted the boy's hair or hummed him a song and he ended up smiling. "Ah, look at you. You used to throw tantrums when you had to accompany me to babysit Dean. But look at you now..." Kit smiled softly at Beam. He stared at his friend for a while, watching him tending to the kid and calming him down effortlessly.

"I am sure it's not easy. Parenting" Kit said and Beam looked up to meet his eyes. Kit smiled. "Changing yourself entirely just to be a parent. You make it seem so easy..." he sighed.

"Oh, it's not" Beam laughed as he strokd the little boy's hair. "I just try to be better. For my kids. I just try to be what m parents couldn't be for me. And seriously, the boys are so lovely. In this whole world... they are the one genuine relation that never hurt me" he said truthfully. Then he looked at Kit. "Do you want kids?"

"Not anytime soon" Kit said right away, blushing. "Unless... well, you know"

"Oh, Tim would want the world with you, I'm sure" Beam laughed. "For two years... I've seen him whipped by you. And even now, after so many years, every time he looks at you, I still see the same look in his eyes. I am sure, one day, he's gonna bind you to him for real. He's gonna marry you and has a dozen children with you and then he's gonna fight the kids for your attention. That's the man he is. You're so damn lucky to have him" he smiled at Kit who smiled back, looking down shyly.

Then Kit looked up at him. "You knew? That he liked me?"

Beam sighed. "He didn't like you. He was madly in love with you. Just mere moments of your attention, even just to curse him, brought life to him. I saw it. I saw him loving you in secret, and it break my heart for him when you didn't even notice his existence till he had to annoy you to make you see him. He... sometimes made me wish to have someone look at me the way he looked at you. But sometimes, he reminded me of myself. I saw myself in him, I saw my mom, my dad, my friends and my life in you. He did all that to gain your attention just like I always caused trouble, just so mom would just talk to me a while longer. Just so you and Pha would nag me longer, that way... so I won't be alone. Just a few more moments of attention, just to tell myself I was not alone. He did that just to tell himself you could see him"

Kit sighed and looked down. "Beamie..."

Beam chuckled. "I... know... with time, I realized how immature I was back then. I took my time to realize it... but I did. Once... I was away from the life I had here, when for once in my life... I had a reason to forget my miseries and my pain and actually think of someone else... of my child... I realized it. I thought of my misery more than I cared about the misery I was causing you two and my mom. Life puts things in perspective. It made me se my faults too. It made me think that... you two knew how to change with the flow of time but I didn't. I was still the kid who wanted his parents' attention. They couldn't give it to me, so I focused on the next best thing, you two"

Kit blinked. "Beamie... what the hell are you saying?"

"I'm saying I had difficulty accepting that with time, more people could come in your life, that you two can't always be my replacement parents, you had your life. You needed people in your life. Just because I thought I was important to you two, didn't mean your lovers weren't. That... I could not be the same Beam with them that I was with you two. I couldn't tease Wayo the way I teased you, I couldn't expect Ming to not mind my jokes like Pha didn't. That it's not necessary that I'm just as important in your lives as your lovers" Beam went on.

Kit chuckled humorlessly. "If you're saying this shit to make me feel shittier than I already feel for what I did, you're succeding!" He huffed. "Fucker! You- you're not an attention seeker! You were never a trouble for us! You didn't make us love you or worry about you or care for you! We did because it was you! We both love you... we loved you before we knew the meaning of the word. Hell, you were always the reason we both smiled, you were always the reason we could forget we had to wake up everyday and fulfill the expectations and pressure we had from others, the troubles we had in life, and we could just laugh and fight and then make up and fight again.

You didn't change because the three of us, our relationship with each other, it was perfect. It didn't need changing! We were perfect, the way we were. And if the people we fell for, actually cared about us, they'd care about that relationship too. Like you did. It was Pha and my fault, we were the ones who changed. And for what? Wayo? Ming? They were not ever worth a hair on your head! You telling me to not give Ming a chance, it was you looking out for me! And I realized it when it was too late. You were absolutely right! He was not who he made us think he was. He was a monster! He..." Kit sighed and looked at the little boy. "He's calm now..."

"I think he passed out again" Beam told him, slowly running his fingers on the boy's head. "Poor baby. You... make sure I know everything you're doing with him"

"Sure" Kit nodded. He sighed and stood up. "Beam... you may not know but this... Love and care. This isn't something you learned over time. You were always like this. Even when you gave me Mr. Plushie to keep me company when we were kids, even when you hugged Pha and cried so much till your eyes were swollen for days and he had to forget he lost his dad to look after you. Even when you stood up for the kids who got bullied at school, even when you looked after Wayo for Pha or when you consoled a heartbroken Pha and let him blame you for his pain. When you pretended to detest kids but performed monkey dance for a baby Dean how cried for his mother. You were always this guy who cared and loved with all his heart. You just didn't realize it sooner, my shitty Beamie" he chuckled seeing Beam flare his nostrils at being called shitty.

Kit ruffled and messed up Beam's hair before walking to the door. Then he stopped and came back. "Hey... you shameless prick! Tell me, who was that hot guy? The one who gave distress to your son and brother?" he asked excitedly.

And Beam blushed. "Oi, I didn't mean to be found out! I just..." he sighed and looked down at the little boy again. "I was overwhelmed and... scared and he is someone who's been there for me..."

Kit narrowed his eyes at him. "He's hot"

"Hey! I'll tell Tim!" Beam told him, laughing.

"Hoi! I can appreciate what deserves appreciation! He seemed like a hot, mysterious mess and I am all up for it! Especially when mentioning him makes you blush!" Kit laughed in Beam's face, making him cover his face with his palm. He sighed and patted Beam's shoulder. "Who is he? He made both Arthit and Lam's ears fuse!" He laughed along with Beam who shook his head. "Are you finally planning to move on?"

Beam sighed. "He is someone I know I can always trust and rely on. He is not a conventionally good guy, ask Lam and judging from his reaction today, I'm sure he'd tell you he's bad news. But not to me.
To me, he was someone who made me feel loved and protected and cared for and still doesn't expect anything in return. I'm not used to that feeling" he chuckled. "But I don't think I need to move on to be with a person to actually move on with my life. My life, for me it's already perfect with my job and kids. Alex and I? I don't need to name what I have with him"

Kit sighed. "So, you kissed him because...?"

"He made me feel safe..." Beam looked down. "When I kissed him... I was safe" he chuckled. "And it felt so good to just do what I felt like doing. Being spontaneous again. I forgot I used to be that way. I just did it and it didn't feel wrong. And he knows what I felt or why I do what I do. I don't need to even explain myself to him" he said, his face so peaceful. Kit sighed. Subtly, he peeked at the door, eyeing Lam and praying to God that the man understands and leaves Beam alone.

He sighed again and patted Beam's shoulder again. "He is asleep. Go home. Sleep it off. You had a long, painfully hard night. Just go, relax. I am here and I promise to call you if he needs you" he told Beam who looked down at the little boy.

"Hey... Be brave, okay?" he whispered slowly against the boy's ear. Then he smiled down at him. "Oh, you're such a handsome little guy. You're safe now. So be brave like a little lion. No one will hurt you on my watch" he said, gently patting the boy's soft hair before slowly getting up to leave.

He stopped outside the door to find Lam standing there.

"Hey" he said, voice bored. Then he proceeded to walk. "Don't you have a kingdom to run, big brother?" He asked.

Lam scoffed and followed after him. "I have but I also have a troublesome little brother to look after" he said coldly.

Beam stopped. With a sigh he turned to Lam, making the older guy's cold face to soften.

"How are you holding up? Relieved?" Lam asked and Beam sighed.

"I will finally sleep tonight. At my own home. In my own bed. Without fear. That's a relief" Beam said, his face calm. Then he looked at Lam. "Thank you"

Lam sighed and put his hands in his pant pockets. "I still want you to stay. But... It's fine. Whatever you want" he said.

Beam blinked. He looked up at Lam with raised eyebrows. "That's it?"

Lam smirked and walked past him, not before flicking his forehead. "Yup. No one babied you when you were a baby. No need to start now"

"Huh, who needs babying?" Beam scowled and followed after Lam. "Treat me fried chicken"

"Treat your ass yourself!" Lam called back.

"Oi!" Beam caught up to him, kicking his knee. "You're rich! It won't kill you to feed me!"

Lam turned to him, chuckling. "I can't today. I need to see Tin and then go somewhere important. Mike will take the boys home! You go get some sleep"

"Ah, you take Oon with you for a day, that's treat enough" Beam sighed. Then made a miserable face. "I need sleep"

Lam chuckled and patted his head. "Go sleep" then thinking of something. "Oi! Go straight home and sleep alone!Don't you dare-" he stopped, pursing his lips tightly while Beam quirked his eyebrows.

"You just can't help it, can you?" Beam chuckled and patted Lam's arm before walking away, laughing. It eased his heart that his brother was actually trying hard.

##

He groaned before he slowly opened his eyes, adjusting to the light. Then he got startled seeing the little head hovering over him.

"Ah, little master" he spoke, voice hoarse. "You... emh... What?"

"Oon, get off of him, stupid?" He heard Pharm's panicked voice who stood up from the seat beside the bed to hold the little guy off the person lying on bed.

"Oohoo P'Faam! Ju tupid! Aathi no tupid!" Arthit exclaimed in horror. Then the little toddler turned to Tin. "P'Dupaman! I am Aathi! No wuitta masha!"

(Arthit101: oh, P'Pharm! You stupid! I'm not stupid! P'Superman (Tin)! I'm Arthit! Not little master!)

Tin blinked. He shared a look with Pharm who smiled brightly at him. "He thinks you're superman because you fought a bad guy and didn't die" he told Tin who blinked. Then he let out a chuckle.

"I'm a superman?" He asked the little baby who nodded excitedly.

"Dupa man!" Arthit exclaimed with his arms thrown up in the air. Pharm chuckled while Tin smiled too.

"I am honored" Tin said with a sigh. Then he looked around, surprised to find Beam and Lam also present there to see him. Finally, feeling a warm touch at his hand, he looked down to find a smaller hand holding on to his own.

He blinked. Then slowly, he looked up at Pharm who was busy fighting with Arthit. That introverted boy who was scared of even his own shadow, who didn't like being near people, was holding his hand and wasn't even aware of it!

"How are you?"

Tin looked up at Beam. He sighed and managed a nod.

Beam let out a relieved sigh and smiled. "Thank you. Thank you so much" he said, eyes full of gratitude.

Tin nodded slowly. "I did my job"

"No. You made me indebted to you for the rest of my life. So just shut up and let me thank you if you don't want a smack on your butt"

Tin sighed. "Ah, you even threaten the person you thank"

Beam chuckled. "Yes. I do. I was born wired wrongly" he said and Lam scoffed.

"Only you could say something like that about yourself and feel proud of it" he commented and met Tin's eye. "You sure, you're okay?"

Tin nodded. He smiled in amusement. "I didn't exactly get shot in the head, you know. A grazed arm? I'll survive"

"Yeah, you tell that to Mike when he asks you why you stayed unconscious for two days, just a grazed arm, huh?" Lam asked.

Tin chuckled. "I'm fine. Really"

Lam nodded. "That's a relief. I need to go now. I promised you I'd stay here till you're okay. So now I need to go take Care of something" he said and as if Tin understood what he meant, he nodded, face serious.

Then he turned to eye the two boys who were looking at him with their wide puppy eyes. "Little master. Would you be kind enough to get off the Superman's leg? It's stiff" he said and Oon pondered upon the request while his laughing Dada picked him up.

"Come here, mister! I think you've looked after superman enough" Beam told Arthit who scrunched his face and shook his head at his Dada. "Let's take you home to momma Min and baby Teetee. Okay?" He said and Arthit nodded fast before squirming to go and kissed a surprised Tin's cheek.

"Thantu dupaman!" He chirped and they all chuckled. Then Beam turned to Pharm.

"I'll stay here!" Pharm said before Beam could ask him. Beam just nodded slowly before walking out, carrying a protesting Arthit who wanted equal rights and stay too.

Once they were gone, Pharm sat back on his seat and turned to Tin. "Do you need anything?"

Tin eyed him before sitting up and raising a hand to tell Pharm he was okay. "Water, please"

Pharm nodded and hurriedly got him the glass. Tin looked down at the glass. Then again, he eyed Pharm. "My arm is bandaged"

Pharm nodded. "Oh, sorry, I'll help you"

Tin chuckled. "Or you could let go of the other hand and I'll help myself" he said and Pharm went still. Then he looked down, pouting and shaking his head.

"I can't. I'm scared" he said in a small tone.

Tin blinked. He stared at the little boy's sad face. "Well... Then I'll take the help"

Pharm looked up. He hurried to out the glass to Tin's mouth. Once done, he sat back down.

Tin sighed and leaned back in the bed. "He's not coming to hurt you again"

Pharm sighed. "My momma papa are dead. You bleeding like that... it was scary" he said slowly, voice a barely audible whisper. "And you were shot because of me..."

Tin blinked. "Have you been sitting here long?"

Pharm nodded slowly, still not looking up. "Ever since you were moved here. I only left to go eat with dad twice"

Tin smiled slightly and squeezed Pharm's hand before closing his eyes. The young master resembled a tiny, guilty child admitting to stealing a cookie to their mother!

.
.

"You saw that too, didn't you?" Lam asked Beam the moment they walked out of the room.

"Saw? Saw? Holding hands? Huh, the audacity! That's my little baby!" Beam stormed, outraged. He looked down at the little happy baby in his arms, eyes narrowed. "You traitor! I left you in charge of him! How could you let this happen?"

Arthit looked up, giving him a smug look and stuck his tongue out like the boss he was.

Beam huffed. "Ah, unbelievable!"

Lam rolled hi eyes. "Oh, yeah, you can put a show for us and I'm supposed to be okay but he holds an injured man's hand and you get to go kaboom!" He said sarcastically and Beam could just shut his mouth.

"I don't like you!" He said and shoved Arthit in Lam's arms. "And you! I don't like any of you!" he angry marched away from the duo who didn't even bother to stop him.

"Huh, how do you put up with that drama queen?" Lam asked Arthit, his face dead serious.

Arthit puffed his cheeks and face palmed. "Ouff! No assh! Dada ij tupid!"

(Arthit101: oh, don't ask. Dada is stupid)

Lam sighed. "He is, isn't he. He worries me so much"

Arthit nodded fast. "Aathi du!"

(Arthit101: me too)

"Let's take you home! Your momma Min wants to go shopping with you!" Lam said and Arthit screeched in excitement.

They got outside where Mike opened the car door for them and settled Oon in his Baby seat.

"He's awake. Why don't go see him?" Lam asked him.

Mike scoffed. "Unconscious for two days over a grazed arm? Weakling!"

Lam shook his head. "You have a weird way of showing your concern"

"You calling my concern weird is like pot calling a kettle black" Mike joked. "Home?"

Lam nodded, face suddenly turning serious. "We drop off Oon first. Then we go to business"

Mike nodded and started the car, not speaking further and soon the car was filled with Arthit's voice singing in his gibberish along Keisha's songs and Lam complaining to him.

But once Oon was safely home with Minute, the cold, blood thirsty Lam was back. And when he reached the secluded warehouse, he entered with his jaw tightened and blood in his eyes.

"We got him out of the prison" Prin told him.

"Is he still breathing?" Lam asked.

"Barely"

"Good!" He hissed as he walked ahead. "He should be begging for death every moment he breaths"

"Sir"

He stopped and turned to eye Mike who stepped closer to whisper something in his ear, making Lam frown.

"What do I tell them to do?" Mike asked.

Lam looked down, still frowning as he pondered. Then making up a hard decision, he sighed. "Don't interfere. Let Beam decide what he'd want to do"

###

Beam laid on the bed after shower and stretched his limbs. He sighed in relief. What a week it had been!

He didn't know what he'd do if he didn't have Lam and Alex by his side. And with the thought if Alex, can the fleeting memory of kissing the man and unconsciously, his hand moved up to touch his lips.

How long had it been that he allowed himself such freedom?

Maybe, too long...

He didn't know why he did but he felt like doing it. He knew he did not want to start anything with Alex. He knew Alex would never ask for anything. Not even a reason or meaning for the kiss. But...

He wanted to kiss him! He just did!

He let out a chuckle. Maybe it was time. Maybe, he was finally ready to allow himself to breathe. To be his true self. The boys had brought back the cheerful and sarcastic nature he'd lost with Forth and Kiera.

And they'd turned his life and personality around for the best. But he'd still had held back. He still didn't want to completely embrace his true self, the self that he'd once loved so dearly about himself and then hated the most about himself.

His daring, unapologetic free spirit. The one he'd locked away for good.

And unlocking it felt like being born again.

He sighed and closed his eyes, falling into peaceful slumber right away.

But that peace was short lived.

He sat up with a start when he heard the doorbell along with loud bangs on the door.

"What the-" he sighed and checked the time on his phone. "Fuck? 2 in the morning? Die of boils whoever the fuck you are!" He growled and laid back. Maybe, one of the invisible guards Lam sneaked on him without telling him could see who it was.

Yes, he knew! He wasn't stupid like his cousin brother!

But the bell kept ringing and the gates kept banging hard till he had to growl and curse and stumble out of bed.

"Oh, whoever you are, you better be dying right now-" he stopped dead in his tracks, eyes widened as he peaked down from the balcony of his room, surprised to recognize the person banging on his gate.

How could he not?

"Forth?"

.
.

He was welcomed by the sight of a completely wasted Forth who looked like crap. He looked so heart broken and miserable that Beam could just blink.

"Forth? What are you?"

"Bee..." Forth hiccuped and extended a hand towards him, only to stop and pull it back, sobbing. "Bee..."

Beam blinked. He let out a sigh. "What the hell, what are you doing here this late?"

"I-I... I had to... To see you..." Forth said, unable to stand on steady feet.

Beam clicked his tongue in frustration before eyeing the guy. With his drunk demeanor, wrinkled clothes and ruffled hair, the guy looked like hell.

He sighed. "Oh, Forth... What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I can't! I can't take this... I can't... I need to tell you..." Forth was slurring his words out ams sobbing, totally drunk. "I can't..." And he stumbled forward, right into Beam's arms.

Beam blinked, looking down at the passed out man with a done face.

"Ah, should I kill him or just leave him lying on the road for someone else to kill him?" He asked himself with a huff and adjusted his arms to support the nuisance's weight to drag him inside the house.

####

"Oh, he slept?" Pha sighed and stopped at the door of the room, looking down at the cute little boy sleeping soundly on bed, pouting and hugging a plush puppy. Pha chuckled as he leaned against the doorframe. "Ah, and he insists he's not a kid"

"Every kid insists they're not kids" Prae smiled at him.

He smiled back, eyes moving from Dome to land on the mother. He stood quietly and watched her work fast, all her focus devoted to the laptop and piles of paper in her hands. He saw how she'd massage her neck from time to time or at times pinch her nose in frustration.

Feeling his eyes on her, she looked up at him. "Oh, I'm sorry, we took your bed again" she said and looked around at the scattered files. "Em... Let's do this, why don't you come sleep with him and I'll take my office outside in the living room-"

"Hey" he called her softly and she stopped talking, frozen at his tone.

She blinked and looked up at him.

Pha smiled at her. "You're not a bother. Or a guest. And I have two rooms in this apartment, you keep forgetting"

She blinked again, slowly nodding. "Yeah... I do keep forgetting" she chuckled too. Then sighed tiredly.

"Hey, why don't you take a break? Sleep" he walked in and pulled the laptop off her lap.

"I- ah..." She sighed. "I have work to do. Only two more days left before the shareholder's meeting"

Pha sighed and shut the laptop, much to her annoyance.

"Pha~ you dick head!" In her tiredness, she whined.

Pha blinked, staring at her in disbelief. Then he laughed out.

"See, you clearly need a break" he said. "And it's not just two days. You still have two days. Come, he's asleep. Let's have a drink"

"You won't get drunk and jump me again, would you?" She joked as she let him pull her up by her hands.

He made a thoughtful face. "Ah, can't say... what I can say for sure, is that I won't mistake you for someone else" he said and then laughed when she kicked him.

"Asshole!" She huffed but sat beside him to take the beer he offered.

He laughed. Then taking a sip, he let out a sigh. He needed a drink to have the talk he'd been meaning to have with her ever since his mother left.

"I wasn't exactly kidding" he mustered up the courage.

She blinked. Slowly, she turned to look at him. "When?"

"Just now" he said slowly and noticing how still she became, he looked down, chuckling. "Actually, a lot of times. When I joke... I'm not exactly joking"

She blinked. And when he dared to look up at her, she hastily looked away. Then she forced herself to laugh. "Yeah... you're joking all the time, how am I supposed to tell which time?"

Pha sighed. "The times I tell you we're good at this. We should really do this, raise a kid and two dogs. Together. That time" he looked the shocked woman in the eye. "The times I tell Dodo that mommy is being mean to daddy, that time"

"Pha!" She said his name, more like warning him to stop.

Pha sighed and put the beer down. He needed alcohol in his system to say what he wanted to say but he wanted to be sober. "Prae... I don't want you to leave. I don't want you two to leave me... My home. I want this... This... Whatever this is... I want it with you. And Dome"

She gaped at him, disbelief evident on her face. Then she looked away with a huff. "I can't believe this"

"Prae"

"Pha! Stop right here! Stop before my son is involved and this becomes a mess. You love Dome, I know. You like spending time with me because all you do these days is spend time with me!" She said, her tone calm yet firm. "You want a family or you want to move on from your last relationship, me and my son, we can't be your ticket to do so"

"But Prae, I-"

She sighed. "You don't even like me!"

Pha blinked. "I-"

"It's okay. I know. I always knew you didn't like me. Even now, you just like the idea of having a family life thanks to the way we'd been living these past days" she said. "I also know you love Dodo, and for a while you thought he was your son but even so, even if he was, you were always welcome in his life but that wouldn't mean either of us had to force ourselves to accept the other person in their lives" she said. "You love him, you love the feeling of a happy family, not me. I'm grateful to you for everything you've done for him. Us. But Pha... Just because you want this life and you want Dome in it, doesn't mean you have to force yourself to accept me in your life too. Neither you or I deserve that"

"But Prae, I-" Pha sighed. "I don't hate you"

"Hmm. I know you don't. Not now. You did once" she said with a smile.

"What? Me? Hating you? When?" Pha asked. "I've never hated you. Or dislike you!" he chuckled. "Infact, I like you, a lot! I always liked you better than any girl I'd ever met!"

Prae blinked. She shot him a blank look. "Yeah?" She asked, voice low. "That's why you treated me the way you treated me back then? Because you liked me better than any other girl you'd met?" She asked. "I wonder how'd you treat me if you actually hated me!"

Pha blinked. He picked up his beer again, not meeting her eye.

She chuckled and looked away. "Huh, even if I was tough as a nail, even if I was supposed to be a... Tomboy! I was still a person who had feelings. Who got hurt when the person they liked treated them like an ugly duckling!"

Pha choked on his beer. "What?"

Prae blinked. She let out a shaky breath and stood up, putting the beer down. "It was quite easy, falling for you. Hard as hell to let the feelings go. But it was far easier telling myself you weren't worth it. After all, I was just an ugly duck to you" she said and walked back to the room, shutting it quietly.

"She? What? Oh, God!" Pha held his head. It was me? She liked me? Why am I such an idiot?

#####

Ta da

An update. No, no TinPharm. Do not hope for anything there. It won't be happening. I think. Well, I hope. You know me, even I can't be sure😬

So, vote and comment.

See ya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 5.8K 24
《Complete》 Fanfiction. Sequel to ForthBeam - What is this. Except for the ones I create, characters belong to Chiffon_cake from the original story 2...
118K 4.3K 16
Let's see how their relationship will bloom if Forth defies and question the logic of love and romance. While. Beam was adamant to admit his feelings...
153K 6.6K 32
Phana - I must protect him!! Kit - Beammie...Ming hate me!! Forth - Why haven't I saw you before?❤❤ Wayo - Phi Beam..lets watch movie together.. Ever...
49.2K 2.5K 33
"I am sorry Tae, i know i made the wrong decision that day, the day that i rejected you." Beam said while crying "It's just that i am so confused tha...