Harry Potter: The Boy Who Liv...

By KhrysThomas

The complete collection of my Harry Potter Fan Fictions from many different sites. All revolving around the... More

Harry Potter: The Boy Who Lived (Collected Original Works)
A Powerful Sort of Love (Dumbledore)
Solemn in their Grief (Dumbledore)
Responsible Reporting (Dumbledore)
All Grown Up (Twins- Fred and George)
Conjure That Horse, Please (Remus and Tonks)
Dastardly Darkness (Draco Malfoy)
Remember my Last (Petunia)
Hagrid, a Hero (Hagrid)
Reflections (Arthur and Molly)
Handling the Horcruxes
Paranoia (Molly and Arthur)
Mum (Harry)
Dragon Tamer Part 1 (Charlie Weasley and Cordi (OC))
Taking Flight Part 2 (Charlie Weasley and Cordi (OC))
Flight of the Dragon Tamers Part 3 (Charlie and Cordi)
Honeymoon in Australia Part 5 (Charlie and Cordi)
Greenhouse Guardian (Neville and Luna)
Timid Kisses (Neville and Luna)
Lonely Looney Luna (Neville and Luna)
W W W Wedding (Part One)
W W W Wedding (Part Two)
W W W Wedding (Part Three)
Dancing Under the Stars (Trio/Ginny + Neville/Luna)
Masterful Murder (Murder Mystery Drabble)
Dobby's Drabble
Leah's Drabble
Kumy's Drabble
Shiny Things (Fantastic Beast Drabble)

Wedding Among Dragons Part 4 (Charlie and Cordi)

980 2 0
By KhrysThomas

The atmosphere at the back of the Knight Bus was tense. The bus was normally full of comfortable beds this time of night. Tonight, however, it held an unusually high number of stiff wingback chairs. There were only two passengers, who were engaged in a loudly whispered debate. Ernie had met the wizard before, but the witch, who was striking even now when she was upset, was unfamiliar to him.

While they thought they had some semblance of privacy sitting in the last two seats of the cluttered bus, their reflections were crystal clear in Ernie’s thick glasses. He was paying more attention to the good natured, yet serious, discussion that was taking place. Even though the bus was enchanted, Ernie was still required to attempt to miss large objects such as utility poles and buildings. The bus jumped sharply as he swerved to avoid missing a Muggle hospital as they sped through the last town before Ottery St. Catchpole. Ernie glanced in his rearview mirror, prepared to apologize for the sudden movement. The couple was still deep in discussion, as if they had not noticed the jarring jolt.

Charlie and Cordilia, in the midst of a heated discussion, had no idea that Ernie was following every word that left their mouths. So intent on coming to a reasonable compromise, they didn’t even notice that the Knight Bus had nearly collided with a Muggle hospital, a Wizard’s Cemetery and a Muggle Police Precinct.

“What about Bill?” Cordi demanded. “How do you think this will make him feel?”

“Honestly,” Charlie replied. “I don’t know. I’d like to think that the happiness of our wedding would overwhelm any feelings of sadness that may continue to linger in his mind. Fleur might be dead, but she’s not gone from our memories. She will always be in our hearts.” Charlie paused for a moment, bringing her petite hand to his lips and brushing his lips across the back of her hand tenderly. “She was a part of our family. You will be too.”

“You don’t know that,” Cordi argued unsuccessfully.

“Yes my love, I do. I know it with absolute certainty,” Charlie explained.

“What if they don’t like me?” Cordi asked, her voice bordering on a whimper.

“Why wouldn’t they like you?” Charlie asked gently.

“Look at me,” Cordi spat disgustedly. “I’m not anything a proper wife should be. I run around chasing Dragons for a living. I don’t like wearing robes and I flat out refuse to wear a dress.” Cordi paused, her eyes filling with horror as her thoughts moved to another problem. “What if your mum and dad won’t allow us to marry? What if they think that I am not good enough for you?”

“That’s absurd,” Charlie laughed. “Do you not remember meeting them?”

“Of course I remember,” Cordi sighed, exasperation evident in her tone.

“Did my mum throw a soapy frying pan at you?” Charlie asked, trying to hide his amusement at the situation.

“No,” Cordi grumbled. “You know she didn’t. She was perfectly nice. Although, there were several times when it looked like she might be considering throwing the frying pan at Fred or George.”

“Did my dad show you his entire plug collection?” Charlie asked, his eyes twinkling.

“He showed me each one of the eighty seven plugs he has in his collection,” Cordi admitted, starting to chuckle at the memory of all those plugs with the wires still hanging out the back.

“Did Ginny, Fred, or George try to hex you?” Charlie asked, laughing heartily at the disgusted look on Cordi’s face.

“You know perfectly well that Fred and George tried to dye me blue. And when they couldn’t get my skin to turn blue, they died my hair green. Ginny.” Cordi snorted loudly. “That day outside the garden shed, she nearly hexed me, both of us really; when she thought we were…wait a sec. You were the one who said that Hermione wasn’t family. You were just lucky that Ron stepped up to defend her honor. All that happened was that we were thrown to the ground. I have a feeling that it would have been exponentially worse had it been Ginny on the other end of that wand.”

“You’ll get no argument from me on that point,” Charlie grimaced. “Ginny might be tiny, but she packs a powerful punch. I remember the time she caught me, Bill was participating too, trying to play a practical joke on Ron. He was her favorite, you know, and they were the best of friends growing up. She was fiercely protective of him. Suffice to say that it took weeks for me to get rid of the scales, and when the last one finally fell off, I grew fur.”

“What’s your point, Charlie?” Cordi asked, getting the conversation back on track.

“Mum didn’t throw anything at you. Dad showed you his priceless plug collection. Fred and George ended up doing a poor job of dyeing your hair green. Ginny thought about hexing you. My family is not subtle. If they treat you like everyone else, you’re pretty safe. Well, I don’t mean safe, of course, when referring to Fred and George.”

“I don’t understand a thing you are saying,” Cordi interrupted.

“I am doing a poor job of explaining aren’t I? What I am trying to say is that if they didn’t like you, or thought you weren’t good enough for me - which is rubbish – they never would have been able to act like themselves. When mum starts talking stiffly and giving you the cold shoulder, as if you smell like a dead krup, then you should worry.”

“You really think they like me?” Cordi asked quietly.

“I know they do. Why do you think Mum asked me to bring you to Harry’s wedding?” Charlie insinuated, raising his eyebrows.

“She felt sorry for you?” Cordi guessed. “No one wants to have to dance with their mum the entire time. Maybe she was concerned with keeping up appearances. I don’t know.”

“She wanted to meet the witch who had stolen my heart,” Charlie told her bluntly.

“You had already told her about us?” Cordi asked in amazement.

“Of course,” Charlie chuckled.

“Did you often tell your parents about the women you were dating? How many women did you take home to meet your parents?” Cordi quizzed him mercilessly, smiling gently for the first time since they had stepped on the bus.

“Do you take me for a harlot, witch?” Charlie exclaimed, trying to make Cordi laugh. When he had succeeded and rewarded with a hearty bout of laughter, he continued. “You are the first girlfriend I have ever brought home.”

Charlie was smiling broadly, but the seriousness reflected in his eyes told Cordi that he was being truthful.

“Like I would believe anything you told me, you harlot,” Cordi teased.

Charlie was immensely relieved to see the change come over her face. She was the love of his life, and if she were to be a part of the Weasley family, she would have to be confident that she was a part of that family. It looked like she had taken the first step to building that confidence by accepting that she was welcome in their house. The light was sparkling in her eyes again, her posture was visibly relaxed, the worry lines on her forehead had dissolved and her fingernails were no longer digging into the flesh of the palm of his hand.

The bus lurched forward for the umpteenth time on their trip. The suddenness of the movement was too much for Charlie and Cordi and they both crashed to the floor where they lay, painfully sprawled in between chair legs.

Charlie scrambled to his feet and turned to offer Cordi his hand. He wasn’t surprised to see that she was already on her feet and waking down the ever-changing aisle to get off the Knight Bus. Charlie shook his head ruefully. Will she ever trust that I am here to support her through anything? Still shaking his head, Charlie made his was through the maze of chairs. When he reached the armchair where Ernie was seated, he could have sworn that he heard the little man mutter something in his direction.

“She’ll start asking the moment you stop offering,” Ernie mumbled quietly.

“What?” Charlie asked loudly.

“Nothing,” Ernie responded quickly.

Charlie gave him a confused look, jumped off the last step of the bus and turned around to thank Ernie. He was nearly knocked off his feet as the bright purple bus disappeared with a loud ‘bang’.

Charlie stood there for a moment thinking about what he had heard Ernie say. Stop offering? I’ve tried everything else. What could it hurt?

Charlie stepped off the worn path onto the immense garden that surrounded the new Burrow. He had only taken a few steps when he heard a bone chilling scream from the house.

“Cordi,” Charlie bellowed as he raced through the newly planted honking daffodils, gardenias and tuberous honeysuckle plants.

When he finally arrived at the back door to the Burrow, the door that led to the kitchen, he was pleasantly surprised at the situation. He took a deep breath, calmed his pounding heart, and started to howl with laughter.

Cordi had made it all the way up to the Burrow before Fred and George had attacked. She noticed the strange looking filament across the ground a few meters in front of the kitchen door. Cordi, still sore about her green hair, noticed their ‘sneak attack’ and decided to beat them at their own game.

She had continued to walk, pretending to fall into their trap. She approached the filament and carefully stepped over it. As her foot stepped back onto the grass, she kicked a small pebble onto the filament and screamed. George and Fred jumped out from behind a large Azalea bush next to the door and whooped with pleasure at the capture of their latest victim.

“Gotcha,” Cordi whispered as she waved innocently.

Years ago, when she was in her seventh year at Saint Sebastian’s, she had learned a spell. Her best friend had taught her the spell because she had been repeatedly harassed for her looks. When she would not go out on dates with some of her schoolmates, they tried to hex her at every turn. No corridor or empty classroom was safe. Juliette had taken pity on her and shared the spell her brother had taught her.

Juliette’s brother, Jonathan, had been a practical joker. When Cordi had first met the twins, she was not taken aback, as she had grown up around Jonathan’s pranks. After suffering abuse for being skinny, scrawny, and wearing thick glasses, Jonathan had devised an ingenious spell. The spell activated with a single word and a subtle and innocent looking wave of the hand.

Juliette and Cordi had been the first people to witness the havoc the spell wreaked. They had been walking down the corridor to their last Charms class when it happened.

Jonathan had been standing off to the side of the corridor, smirking at his intended victims. Cordi gaped at them, wondering if the effect was permanent. Juliette laughed harshly and told them to think twice before attacking her brother again. The best part about the spell was the inability to detect the magic behind the effects. It was wandless magic, so there was no real magical signature to pick up on if you were caught using it. It was merely written off as accidental magic.

Now, standing in front of the Burrow, Cordi was wearing the same smirk, knowing that Fred and George would be forced to wear the ridiculous ensemble for at least an entire day.

When she finally realized that Charlie had arrived, she turned to explain her actions, but found him rolling on the ground laughing. She started to breathe easier knowing that her fiancé found her actions more funny than reprehensible. However, when Molly Weasley stepped out of the kitchen door and rounded on Cordi with a large wooden spoon, she felt her insides turn to ice.

“I can…” was all she got out before Molly enveloped her in a bone crushing hug.

“You can indeed. I was a bit worried when I first saw you, but you have since proved to me that you will fit in just perfectly into our little family.” Molly finally released Cordi from her hug and turned to appraise the situation.

“Honestly, Mum,” George cried.

“We weren’t going to,” Fred whined.

“do anything,” George finished.

“Now look at us,” Fred complained.

“You’ll have to put on robes before you sit down to supper,” Molly commented thoughtfully. “I don’t want any of that glitter on my new chairs.”

“Mum,” Fred shrieked indignantly.

“I don’t think they should do that,” Cordi whispered to Charlie, who had managed to crawl to her side and pull her down onto the flowers next to him.

“Why not?” Charlie asked cautiously.

“You’ll see,” Cordi whispered back. “You can’t say I didn’t try to warn someone about the effects of the spell.”

Fred and George both conjured robes to hide their sparkly pink tutus. The minute they slid their arms through the sleeves, the robes disappeared, as well as a layer of the frilly tulle at the bottom of the tutu. To add horror to humiliation, Fred and George both burst out into song. With each different line, the twins would alternate between singing and humming.

“Give my regards to Broadway,” Fred sang out in a clear tenor voice while George hummed along.

“Remember me to Herald Square,” George sang, his voice a bit deeper than Fred’s, but pleasant none the less. Fred hummed along, looking both furious and pleased at the same time.

When the verse of the song had finished, the twins were the first to doff their hats, so to speak, at Cordi’s impressive magic. Then, to everyone’s shock, they conjured robes again and attempted to put them on.

“Apparently they didn’t learn their lesson,” Charlie whispered before kissing the tip of Cordi’s nose.

The robes disappeared, as did another layer of the tulle at the bottom of the tutu and Fred and George bust into song.

“I feel pretty,” George sang.

“Oh so pretty,” Fred belted out, while trying to look manly.

“I feel pretty.” George’s voice rang out throughout the whole garden.

“and witty and gay.”

Ron and Hermione poked their head out of the second floor window when they heard Fred sing this line.

“And I pity,” George sang, hamming it up in delight.

“Any girl who isn't me today,” Fred finished, just as Harry and Ginny made it out the kitchen door.

“Merlin,” Harry exclaimed, trying not to stare at the pale legs and curly red chest hair poking out of the top of the outfit.

“Charlie,” Ginny admonished.

“Oh, dear sister, it wasn’t me,” Charlie protested.

Cordi was pulled into another constricting hug before she could take the blame for the prank.

“Welcome to the family,” Molly whispered. “I’m so proud of you for taking the mickey out of them. It’s about time someone bested them and taught them a thing or two.”

“Is supper ready?” Arthur asked, his voice drifting from the other side of the garden where he had been tinkering with his Muggle collection.

Ron, Hermione, Harry, and Ginny had built him the shed as a gift for his birthday. It housed all of his Muggle artifacts and gadgets. There was rarely a day that passed that he wasn’t out there. Since he had resigned his position at the Ministry, he had ample time to fiddle with his latest acquisitions.

“Yes, dear,” Molly replied. “I was just finishing up when I heard the commotion.”

For the first time, Arthur noticed Fred and George. He looked at them for a moment, shook his head and raised his wand. Before he could say anything, Fred and George threw their arms up to protect their faces.

“If they lose layers just for conjuring robes,” Charlie muttered, “what happens when the outfits are vanished?”

Before Cordi could answer, several people began to speak at once.

“Arthur,” Molly cried.

“No,” Fred boomed.

“Stop,” George pleaded.

“This isn’t going to be pretty,” Ron remarked offhandedly to Hermione, just as Arthur yelled, “Evansco.

Fred and George stood frozen. Literally. Their outfits were completely gone, and no matter how badly they wanted to cover their exposed body parts, they couldn’t move.

Charlie felt Cordi tapping on his wrist lightly. One tap for each second that passed. Charlie counted exactly thirty taps before Cordi told him that it was okay to look.

It still took Charlie a moment to collect himself and find the courage to sneak a quick peek at Fred and George. He found that they were back in the pink tutus, blushing brighter than the fabric of the costumes.

“Great Steve,” Arthur breathed.

“Have you been pestering Hermione again, dear?” Molly asked threateningly.

“It’s ‘Great Scott’, Arthur,” Hermione called down, hanging out of the window in order to get a better look. “I don’t mind the questions Molly.”

“Arthur,” Molly scolded. “I told you to quit harassing the poor girl. Hermione, how many times must I ask you to call me Mum?”

“Sorry Mum,” Hermione replied, properly chastised.

While everyone had been distracted with the exchange between Molly and Hermione, Arthur had tried to conjure robes for Fred and George.

“The rum tum tugger is a curious cat,” Fred sang loudly while George hissed in the background.

“And there isn’t any call for me to shout it,” George belted out.

“For he will do as he do do,” Fred sang.

“Do do?” Harry cracked up.

“And there’s no doing anything about it,” George finished grandly, drawing out the final word for several beats.

Fred and George looked up at Hermione expectantly.

She sighed loudly and pulled herself back through the window carefully before replying over her shoulder, “Cats.”

Fred and George then rounded on Arthur and roared in unison,” No more magic.”

“What happened?” Arthur asked curiously. “Or maybe a more appropriate question would be, who did you upset?”

“Cordilia,” Fred and George bellowed in disgust, pointing an accusing finger at Cordi.

“Good form,” Arthur remarked appraisingly. “That’s a good bit of magic.”

“Dad,” Fred hollered.

“What if Angelina and Katie show up?” George asked.

“You’d better get into the house before anyone else sees you,” Charlie advised.

They turned on their heels and stalked into the house without so much as a backward glance, the tulle fluttering about their thighs as they walked.

“Maybe now isn’t the opportune time to…” Cordi began.

“At supper,” Charlie interrupted menacingly.

“At supper,” Cordi echoed in resignation.

“What are the two of you whispering about?” Ginny asked, startling both Charlie and Cordi.

Despite her short stature, Ginny’s expansive stomach made her an imposing figure looming over them as they reclined in the grass.

“Tonight?’ Ginny asked Charlie hopefully, causing Cordi to blush becomingly.”

“I’ll not tell you,” Charlie retorted. “You’ll just have to wait and find out with everyone else.”

Ginny squealed in delight and clasped her hands together. She quickly made her way to Harry’s side, whispered in his ear, he laughed, and they walked to the house.

“It’s too late to back out now,” Charlie remarked as he and Cordi scrambled to their feet. “Everyone will know before we get to the door.”

Cordi noticed that Charlie hadn’t offered to help her up as he usually did. That’s odd. He always offers to help me up.

Supper was a remarkably quiet affair after the ruckus in the garden. Fred and George ate in silence, glaring at anyone who dared to smile at their outfits. As Molly got up to get dessert, Fred and George burst into song.

“Baby, Look at me,” George sang.

“And tell me what you see,” Fred continued.

Everyone at the supper table cracked up as they continued to sing. Ginny and Hermione both looked pointedly at Harry and Ron. Harry shrugged, playing innocent, while Ron held up his wand in defeat.

“Ronald Weasley,” Hermione lamented. “Couldn’t we have a normal supper for once?”

“Surely you know better by now, Hermione,” Ginny drawled. “Look who you married.”

Hermione’s response was lost in the cacophony of noise.

Molly had returned from the kitchen to serve dessert. Charlie was trying to get everyone’s attention for his big announcement. Ron and Harry were both laughing hysterically at Fred and George, who were singing the final lyrics.

“I’m gonna live forever,” Fred sang.

“I’m going to learn how to fly high,” George finished triumphantly.

“Have you noticed, dear brother,” Fred began when he had caught his breath.

“that the songs keep getting longer?” George finished.

“Indeed,” Fred mumbled.

“Pretty soon we’ll be singing an entire musical,” George complained. “We’ve got to get out of here before anyone else tries to clothe us.”

“Not yet,” Charlie bellowed, getting everyone’s attention. “I have an announcement.”

Molly dropped the crock of pudding. Arthur, who had been leaning his chair back onto the rear two legs, fell over and crashed to the ground. Fred and George closed their mouths and returned to their seats obediently. Ginny, Hermione, and Harry all smiled broadly while Ron looked confused.

“Cordi and I are getting married…” Charlie began.

Molly and Ginny, who were vying for the title of ‘loudest Weasley’, both started to congratulate Charlie and Cordi before he could finish.

“Wait,” Cordi said timidly. “There’s more.”

“Merlin,” Hermione breathed. “She’s pregnant too. That makes four of us.”

“I am not pregnant,” Cordi replied indignantly.

“Well,” Ron interrupted. “That’s okay. Luna isn’t either.”

“Yes she is,” Hermione retorted. “She and Neville just found out a few days ago.”

“Oh,” Ron mumbled. “Why didn’t she tell us?”

“She did,” Harry announced. “She sent us an owl about it.”

“I completely forgot to give it to you,” Hermione moaned. “I’m so sorry, Ron. I’m getting so forgetful.”

“It’s okay,” Ron replied, relieved that he hadn’t missed something. “You’re entitled.”

“We’re getting married in three days,” Charlie announced in the lull that followed Ron’s last statement.

Complete silence followed Charlie’s statement.

“You can’t possibly plan a wedding in three days,” Molly argued, finally finding her voice.

“It’s already planned,” Cordi volunteered. “We came to tell you when and where the ceremony will be held.”

“You’re not getting married at the Burrow?” Fred asked.

“Why not?” George added.

“We both want to get married in Romania,” Charlie explained. “Where we met and fell in love. We want to be surrounded by the people we love, in the place we call home.”

“There are Dragons in Romania,” Molly cried.

Fred and George looked at Charlie, shaking their heads slowly.

“She’s gone a bit nutters,” Fred began.

“A month or two in St. Mungo’s should clear that right up,” George finished.

“Mum,” Charlie admonished. “We work with Dragons. We’re not getting married in a paddock. We’re getting married in a small clearing outside our village.”

“What can I do?” Arthur offered, speaking for the first time since supper started.

“Nothing,” Charlie carefully, trying not to upset anyone. “We just want you to be there.”

“Of course we’ll be there,” Molly interrupted.

While Molly was talking with Cordi about the arrangements that had been made, Charlie glanced at Ginny meaningfully and nodded to the stairs.

“I have to use the loo,” Charlie whispered to Cordi, making her aware of his temporary departure.

Charlie left the table and walked to the stairs. He ascended the first flight and sat on the landing to wait for Ginny. A moment later, she arrived, slightly out of breath from the exertion.

“What can I do?” she asked quietly.

“Cordi is worried that she will not be accepted into our family,” Charlie began without preamble. “I thought tonight would have showed her differently, but she insists that she is an outsider.”

“I will come to Romania tonight with the two of you,” Ginny proposed.

“I won’t be going to Romania until the day of the wedding, tradition forbids it. I was hoping that you and Hermione would be able to…”

“I will Floo Luna and ask her if she would like to come as well. It will do Cordi good to be surrounded by women who can show her the meaning of family.” Ginny finished speaking and grimaced in pain.

“Soon?” Charlie asked.

“Within the fortnight,” Ginny replied. “By the time you get back from your honeymoon, you will have a niece or nephew.”

“You don’t know yet?” Charlie asked in surprise.

“We didn’t want to know,” Ginny chuckled. “Well, I didn’t want to know. You know how Harry is about surprises. He asked the Healer, but she wouldn’t tell him.”

“I’ll bet he was furious,” Charlie murmured, thinking of how beautiful Cordi would look when she was as pregnant as Ginny was right now.

“He was pretty mad,” Ginny conceded. “We should get back before Cordi suspects. I’m going to Floo Luna before I return.”

Charlie bounded down the stairs, taking them two at a time and sounding like a herd of elephants. When he reached the table, he saw that Cordi was still deep in discussion with his mum.

“So,” Arthur joked. “Are you ready to stay in your old room?”

“Definitely,” Charlie replied enthusiastically.

They both knew that it wasn’t his old room. The Burrow had been destroyed in the war. After the war had ended, Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione announced that the construction on the new Burrow was complete and that it would be the Weasley’s once more.

“Can you make it three whole days without her?” Arthur teased.

“I don’t know,” Charlie answered honestly. “We’ll find out.”

Arthur grinned at his second oldest son and ruffled his hair affectionately. “That we will.”

Ginny returned to the table and sat down mere seconds before an owl flew through the open kitchen window.

“It’s for you,” Molly remarked, handing the envelope to Ginny.

Ginny tore open the envelope and read the parchment, already sure of the contents. Harry took the letter when she was done with it, reading aloud for the benefit of the entire table.

<b>Dear Ginny,

I am going stir crazy here in the flat without Neville. I was hoping that I would be able to visit with you and Hermione for a while. Are you still at the New Burrow? Never you mind, I’ll try there first. If you’re not there, I’m sure that someone will be able to send me in the right direction.

See you soon.

Affectionately yours,

Luna Longbottom</b>

Harry had just finished reading the letter when Luna walked through the doorway. “Hi,” she sputtered, taking in the outfits on Fred and George.

“Hey Luna,” Ron called. “Nice to see you. Cheers, by the way, since Hermione forgot to tell me you were pregnant.”

“Thanks, Ron,” Luna replied enthusiastically.

“Where’s Neville?” Harry asked with his mouth full of pudding.

“Neville had to travel to Brazil,” Luna informed Harry. “There is a new species of Venomous Tentacula in the rainforest and he has gone down to oversee the harvesting of a sample for the Hogwarts Greenhouses.”

“Interesting,” Ron stammered, turning an intriguing shade of green. “Aren’t there spiders in the rainforest?”

“Luna,” Charlie interrupted in an attempt to re-introducing her to Cordi. “You remember Cordi, right?”

“Sure,” Luna answered quickly. “You and Charlie are getting married?”

“I sure hope so,” Cordi replied nervously.

“Are you getting married in Romania?” Luna asked pointedly.

“Yes,” Cordi replied. “How did you know?”

“She knows everything,” Ron commented.

“I do,” Luna admitted. “Do you have your handmaidens yet?”

“No,” Cordi mumbled. “I don’t know anyone in Romania that well and I was…”

“I’ll do it,” Ginny volunteered.

“Me too,” Hermione interjected.

“We’d better get going,” Luna commanded. “There’s a lot to be done before a traditional handfasting.”

“How did you know that we were having a hand fastening?” Cordi asked, her voice nearly a whimper.

“She knows everything,” Ron repeated.

“He’s not joshing you,” Luna told Cordi. “I do know quite a lot.”

Completely baffled by the attention, Cordi had no choice but to agree. “Let’s go.”

Cordi, Hermione, and Ginny all kissed their men goodbye. Luna, feeling left out, kissed Fred and George goodbye in place of Neville.

Hermione called for the Knight Bus and she, Ginny, and Cordi left the house after calling goodbye to everyone. Luna, however, waited until they were out of hearing range to tell Fred and George how to remove the spell. After whispering in their ear the detailed directions to remove the tutus, Luna waved gaily at everyone and skipped out the kitchen door.

“How did she know?” Fred wondered.

“How could she know?” George added.

“SHE KNOWS EVERYTHING,” Ron bellowed. “When is anyone going to listen to me?”

Outside, everyone but Hermione was chuckling at Ron’s outburst. His voice had carried all the way through the garden and down to the lane where the four witches were waiting or the Knight Bus.

With a loud ‘bang’, the bus appeared and screeched to a halt. Ernie opened the door and Stan Shunpike got off to welcome them aboard. The girls made their way past Madam Marsh, who already looked sick, to the second story of the bus and each chose a comfortable armchair. Ginny and Hermione both conjured foot stools to rest their weary feet.

“He wasn’t here on the trip to the Burrow,” Cordi commented. “The young wizard, not the driver.”

“Stan? The guy with all the pimples?” she clarified, when she saw Cordi’s look of confusion.

“He was in Azkaban,” Hermione explained.

“They thought he was a Death Eater,” Luna added.

“He’s not,” Cordi said, half stating her opinion, half questioning to make sure it was right.

Hermione and Ginny both snorted.

“No,” Luna replied seriously. “My father would have said that he’d been bitten by several flying Zitarks, but other than that, there’s nothing wrong with him. He’s no Death Eater.”

Looking quite confused about Luna’s father and the Zitarks, Cordi kept her mouth shut for a considerable part of the journey. It was only after they had stopped to let Madam Marsh off, appeared in Romania, and started rolling down the dirt road toward the village that Cordi spoke.

“That village is where Charlie and I live,” she stated proudly. “On the other side of the mountains is the Dragon Sanctuary.”

“You live awfully close,” Hermione observed.

“The mountains are magically enchanted,” Luna noted. “Right Cordi? They are enchanted to prevent Dragons from crossing the range and attacking the villages.”

“They are,” Cordi affirmed. “We love the village, and it’s dead useful to be right next to work.”

Missing Charlie and Cordi’s cottage by less than a meter, the Knight Bus came to a sudden halt causing all of the chairs to bounce around uncomfortably. All four witches were off the bus before Stan could say goodbye. All of them were anxious to get off the bus for different reasons. Cordi was glad to be home, Hermione and Ginny were uncomfortable with all the jolting, and Luna was feeling quite nauseous.

“Here we are,” Cordi called as she opened the door to their cottage. “It’s not very big, but it’s cozy.”

The cottage was a small two room building. The kitchen and sitting room were connected. A door separated the bedroom and the loo from the sitting room.

“We will need beds,” Ginny remarked.

Cordi was pleasantly impressed when Ginny and Hermione did not offer to help her conjure beds. Cordi conjured three camp beds and then enlarged them to suit their needs.

Luna flopped down onto her bed and giggled. “I feel like I’m at a sleepover.”

“Me too,” Ginny agreed, sitting on the edge of her bed gingerly.

“What do we need to do first?” Hermione asked. “I’ve never been to a handfasting, so you’ll have to tell me all about them.”

The evening went by quickly as Cordi explained the intricate details of a handfasting to Hermione. After explaining the ceremony, Cordi started making notes on the things they would need, at Hermione’s insistence. Eventually Cordi put her parchment and quill away, explaining that it was late and they would have their hands full over the next two days.

After such a long day, all four of them were asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillows. Even Cordi slept soundly the entire night. In the morning, Cordi arose at sunrise, well before the others and began to put together a simple breakfast for her guests. By the time they arose, she had already finished her breakfast and completed several of the chores on her list.

“Good morning,” Ginny mumbled sleepily.

“Good morning,” Cordi replied.

Ginny sat down at the small table and began to eat the eggs Cordi had prepared. After one bite, she set her fork down and grimaced at Cordi.

“No offense,” she began amiably, “but where did you learn how to cook?”

“I can’t cook,” Cordi admitted.

“That’s good,” Ginny acknowledge,” because these are awful.”

Cordi smiled at her, pointed to the cupboard where she kept the pans, and told her to make her own breakfast. Ginny grinned back and told her she would.

Cordi felt ridiculously pleased that Ginny hadn’t eaten the horrible eggs and lied to protect her feelings. Maybe I will fit in here. Maybe Charlie was right.

The next two days passed rather quickly. Cordi barely had time to breathe, let alone think about her worries. Hermione had them on a strict schedule in order to complete all of the tasks required for a handfasting. Despite her previous lack of knowledge, Hermione turned out to be invaluable in the search for the Forget-me-nots, Gillyflowers and White Heather required for the ritual.

On the morning of the third day, Cordi didn’t even bother with an attempt at breakfast. She lay in bed as long as she could stand before tiptoeing out of the cottage and running along the trail at the base of the mountains. When she returned, her nerves were calm, and the wonderful smell of fresh baked muffins greeted her at the door.

“Wow, Ginny, thank you,” Cordi called as she grabbed three muffins and threw herself across Ginny’s abandoned camp bed.

“You are most welcome,” Ginny giggled. “If only Harry liked my cooking as much as you do.”

“How could he not?” Cordi asked in amazement, but quickly realized that Ginny was joking.

“Are you ready?” Ginny asked quietly.

“I think so,” Cordi replied honestly. “I love him, what is there to stop me?”

“Are you nervous?” Luna asked.

“A little,” Cordi reflected. “I haven’t seen my parents in years. Charlie told me that he’d invited them. I didn’t want him to invite them. I don’t want anything bad to happen on my wedding day.”

“What would happen?” Hermione asked curiously.

“They don’t approve of my lifestyle,” Cordi explained, tears visible in her eyes. “More like, they don’t approve of me.”

“What?” Ginny exploded. “What is wrong with you?”

“I’m a disgrace to the family,” Cordi sobbed. “A witch shouldn’t be a Dragon Tamer. A witch should wear pretty dresses and robes. A witch should be girly and like everything pink. A witch should be everything I’m not. I’m not even adequate in their eyes.”

“Don’t be silly,” Ginny snapped protectively. “Everything you are is perfect. If your family doesn’t see that, then it’s a good thing you are joining a new family. I know that everyone in our family thinks you are more than adequate.”

“We need to get you cleaned up,” Luna pointed out. “Look at the time.”

With less than two hours before the ceremony, Hermione, Ginny, and Luna struggled to get Cordi ready for the ceremony. With five minutes to spare, Luna and Cordi Apparated to the clearing just outside the village. Hermione and Ginny could not Apparate safely in their condition, so they were again calling on the services of the Knight Bus, although Cordi did have her doubts as to whether or not that was safer. Cordi would not be able to see the rest of the guests until the ceremony began, but she was so nervous she doubted she would be paying much attention until after they were bound.

Before she knew it, the Druid had appeared to walk her into the circle. Once inside the circle, he clasped her hand into Charlie’s and began the ceremony.

“Let the four directions be honored that power and radiance might enter our circle for the good of all beings.” The druid intoned in a deep voice, startling Cordi with its timbre.

“May the harmony of our circle be complete,” Cordi and Charlie stated together.

The Druid turned to greet the guests. “Welcome are you, friends and family of these magical people. Today, before you and before the Gods, you shall witness the joining of Charlie and Cordilia. Blessed be all who attend this glorious celebration and blessed be those about to be united in the bonds of love.”

“Please turn to the East,” the Druid commanded.

“Spirits of the East, whose element is air, give your blessing. Grant to their union your gifts of communication, wisdom, and understanding.”

The Druid paused before continuing. “Will your love survive the clear light of day?” he asked solemnly.

“It will,” Charlie and Cordi responded.

“Then accept the blessing of the element of air in this place of spring. May your marriage be blessed by the light of every new dawn. Please turn to the South.” The Druid also turned to the South.

“Spirits of the South, whose element is fire, give your blessing. Grant to their union your gifts of vitality, passion, and creativity.”

The Druid paused before continuing. “Will your love survive the harsh changes of fire?” he asked solemnly.

“It will,” Charlie and Cordi responded.

“Then accept the blessing of the element of fire in this place of summer. May your home be filled with warmth. Please turn to the West.” The Druid also turned to the West.

“Spirits of the West, whose element is water, give your blessing. Grant to their union your gifts of love, intuition, and friendship.”

The Druid paused before continuing. “Will your love survive the ebb and flow of feeling?” he asked solemnly.

“It will,” Charlie and Cordi responded.

“Then accept the blessing of the element of water in this place of autumn. May your life together be filled with love. Please turn to the North.” The Druid walked to the North, just a step ahead of Charlie and Cordilia.

“Spirits of the North, whose element is earth, give your blessing. Grant to their union your gifts of stability, strength, and abundance.”

The Druid paused before continuing. “Will your love survive the times f stillness and restriction?” he asked solemnly.

“It will,” Charlie and Cordi responded.

“Then accept the blessing of the element of earth in this place of winter. May your union be strong and fruitful. Please take each other’s hands.” The Druid stepped into the center of the circle, guiding Charlie and Cordi with him.

The Druid held their rings in his hands, one ring centered on each palm. “These rings, a token of your love for one another, serve as a reminder that all in life is a cycle; all comes to pass and passes away and comes to pass again.”

He held Cordi’s ring out to Charlie and Charlie’s ring out to Cordi. “Please place the ring on the proper finger,” he requested.

Charlie smiled as his slid the thin band onto Cordi’s finger gently. Cordi slid Charlie’s thicker band onto his finger, frowning slightly when she was met with resistance. She added some pressure, and the ring slid on the rest of the way. She smile in relief and the crowd laughed.

“May the Lord and Lady bless these rings, the symbol of our union, with happiness, wholeness, and love.” Charlie and Cordilia both spoke at the same time.

The Druid turned back to the crowd of guests and spoke loudly. “Air for hopes and dreams; Fire for the spark of love: Water for harmony and healing; and Earth for strength. May these rings be so blessed.”

He instructed Charlie and Cordilia to turn and face the crowd before continuing. “Lord and Lady, in your sight have these people promised themselves to one another, made vows before you and these people. Bless them in their new life together.”

The crowd murmured its assent and the Druid continued. “As the Air you breathe brings you life, may you always speak truthfully to one another. As the Fire of love burns within you, may you always find a spark even in your anger. As the Waters of life flow within your bodies, may your personal tides always move in unison and your emotions flow freely. As the Earth grounds and steadies you, may you always remain strong for one another.”

Charlie and Cordi turned to face each other, surrounded by their friends and family, and kissed to seal their union.

“By the winds that bring change; by the fire of love; by the seas of fortune; and by the strength of the Earth, do I bless this union. You have made your vows, one to the other, before the Gods and this company, and exchanged tokens of your love. By the power of your love, I do pronounce you Husband and Wife.” The Druid turned to the crowd to announce them. “They are now connected to experience together whatever life may bring them. Charlie and Cordilia Weasley, now and forever.”

A great cheer went up in the crowd and it was only then that the faces began to become clear to Cordi. She could see Arthur, Molly, Bill, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Luna, Neville, Fred, George, and Penelope who was holding little P.J. Searching the crowd, still holding out hope that her family had chosen not to attend, she found the looks of thinly veiled disgust on her mother and father’s faces.

Before they could reach the crowd, Cordi’s mother grabbed her by the upper arm and dug her fingers into her flesh as she steered her away from the crowd. Cordi tried not to cry out in pain as she followed her mother and father to a discrete location away from the party. So busy with their daughter, Cordi’s parents had not noticed that the entire Weasley clan had followed them silently.

“You are a complete disgrace,” her father began.

“You are not fit to be called my daughter,” her mother spat, releasing her arm.

Cordi massaged her arm where the imprints of her mother’s fingers stood out, a deep purple, against her pale skin. “Mother. Father. I’m so glad you could make it.”

“Don’t be glib,” her father ordered harshly.

“What were you thinking?” her mother barked.

“What sort of a spell did you put on that poor boy?” her father raged, giving her no chance to answer her mother’s question.

“What makes you think I put a spell on Charlie?” Cordi asked, her voice void of emotion.

“What wizard in their right mind would marry you?” her mother thundered. “You have nothing to offer him.”

“There is still time to prevent this from becoming a true tragedy,” her father added. “Get this ridiculous ceremony annulled and let the boy find someone who can make him happy.”

Cordi nodded mutely, secretly wondering if her parents were right. She glanced at the ground, tears running down her face and ruining the perfect job Luna had done on her makeup.

“Who do you think you are?” Charlie’s voice boomed near Cordi’s ear, causing her head to jerk up in surprise. “You have no right to talk to my wife in that manner. Our marriage will not be annulled.”

Before Cordi’s parents could respond to Charlie’s statement, Molly flew at them with her wand raised. “A disgrace? Not fit? A spell? Who would marry her?” Molly sputtered in anger, unable to complete a sentence.

“Mum,” Ginny interrupted. “Let me.”

“Ginevra Potter,” Charlie bellowed. “You stay out of this.”

“Cordilia Grahek,” Molly began.

“Cordilia Weasley,” Charlie interrupted, glancing tenderly at his silent bride.

“Cordi is the best thing that has ever happened to my son,” Molly ranted. “She is caring, loving, smart, and generous. Where she got it from, I will never know. The two of you obviously had nothing to do with it. It is a miracle that she even survived living in a house with the two of you.”

“Hey Mum,” Harry called. “Can you believe that there are two people worse than the Dursleys?”

“Harry,” Molly fumed. “Now’s not the time.”

“I think it’s the perfect time,” Ginny interrupted.

“Ginevra Potter,” Charlie yelled. “For the last time. Stay out of this.”

“No,” Ginny hollered putting every ounce of power behind her statement, grimacing in pain at the effort. “I have something to tell Cordi.”

Ginny walked over to Cordi, threw her arms around her as best she could, and whispered something in her ear. Then, taking a step back and speaking loudly enough for everyone to hear, Ginny said, “Cordi, welcome to our family. With a family like that, it’s a good thing you have us.”

Cordi’s father sputtered indignantly at Ginny’s comment but said nothing.

“You have an invitation,” Charlie stated sharply. “It was obviously a mistake. And, I intend to correct right now.”

“You do not belong here,” Molly said in an icy voice.

“This is a celebration for Charlie and Cordilia,” Ron asserted.

“It is a chance for them to be surrounded by friends and family and those who love them,” Hermione finished.

“That’s us,” Neville said clearly, needing to add his support.

“Not you,” Luna said cheerfully.

Cordi cleared her throat and everyone stopped talking. “Mother. Father. It has taken me a long time to discover and come to terms with who I am. Charlie and his family have taught me everything I know about love. I am grateful to have been accepted into their family. They are all the family I need. Or want.” She paused for a long moment before looking her mother squarely in the eye and stating carefully, “Please leave.”

With two soft ‘pops’, Cordi’s mother and father left without a word.

“Oh dear,” Molly sighed. “I hope we didn’t go too far.”

“Don’t worry, Molly,” Cordi choked. “I have all the family I need right here.”

“Let’s get back to the party,” Ron suggested. “We don’t want the food to go to waste.”

Everyone chuckled and headed back to the party prepared to put the unpleasant confrontation behind them.

**This is the first part of a two-part story. The reception and honeymoon are going to be a second part.**

Fred and George’s Lyrics, in the following order, are from:

Give my Regards to Broadway by George M. Cohan

I Feel Pretty from West Side Story

The Rum Tum Tugger Song from Cats

Fame from Fame, the Musical

Hee hee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 138 22
The Boy Who Lived is a well-known tale. Because that's what it is, a tale. The boy who lived never actually survived Voldemort. He never existed in t...
46.3K 784 34
||COMPLETED|UNDER EDITING|| Sure, you've all heard of the all famous Harry Potter and how he found the Sorcerer's Stone, discovered the Chamber of...
14.7K 411 4
Snarry. Explicit. Four short stories from the fanfic universe of The Boy Who Lived A Bit (https://www.wattpad.com/story/97270409-the-boy-who-lived-a...
59.2K 1.2K 20
Alain Weasley is in Gryffindor just any of her other siblings but just like her twin sister Ginny, she also had a huge crush on harry but not just a...