Smart // Luke Hemmings

By idekkhemmo

"And in that moment, I found out Luke Hemmings is the perfect example of a bad boy." Daniela Gray's world is... More

Chapter 1 // The New Neighbors
Chapter 2 // Maths
Chapter 3 // Babysitters
Chapter 4 // Halloween Bash
Chapter 5 // Mall
Chapter 6 // Skipped
Chapter 7 // Sleepover
Chapter 8 // Outside Meetings
Chapter 9 // Avoiding
Chapter 10 // Absent
Chapter 11 // Vistors
Chapter 12 // Homecoming
Chapter 13 // Here & Now
Chapter 14 // Rumors
Chapter 15 // Dinner
Chapter 16 // New Years
Chapter 17 // Drama Class
Chapter 18 // Lunch
Chapter 19 // Tutor
Chapter 20 // Valentine's Day Studying
Chapter 21 // Overslept
Chapter 22 // Take out
Character Q&A
Character Q&A Answers
Chapter 23 // Tutu
Chapter 24 // Test
Chapter 25 // Lunch with Luke
Chapter 26 // Party Time
Chapter 27 // Midterms
Chapter 28 // Lazy Day
Chapter 29 // Office Party
Chapter 30 // The Real Date
Chapter 31 // Date Night
Chapter 32 // Finally
Chapter 33 // Ex-virgin
Chapter 34 // Photography
Chapter 35 // Nominees
Chapter 36 // New Guy
Chapter 37 // Prom
Chapter 38 // Road Trip
Chapter 40 // The End
THERES A SEQUEL

Chapter 39 // Graduation

17.3K 393 214
By idekkhemmo

Chapter 39 // Graduation

“Seniors make sure you get back to school by 4:30 for tonight. Thank you and have a nice day.” The student council president said through the speakers.  The bell rang right after, letting everyone leave. Today was a half a day because of our graduation. After going to my locker, I went to the parking lot to meet up with Luke.

“Hey sweetheart.” He greeted me with a kiss on the cheek. “Are you ready for graduation?”

“I’m excited but nervous at the same time.” I said as we got into his car.

“Me too.” He smiled. We buckled ourselves in and started driving home.

Once we reached our street, Luke turned to me and asked, “Do you want me to pick you up so we can drive to school?”

“Yeah that’d be great.” I replied, getting out of the car once he parked. “I’ll text you later then.” He said. I nodded as I got my things. I gave hi a quick peck and walked to my house. “Hello? Is anyone home?” I yelled out, once inside. “Hey sweetie how was school?” My mom came down the stairs.

“Good. How was work?”

“I didn’t go. I decided to stay home instead of leaving early.” She replied. “After the ceremony, Melanie and I planned to take you guys out to dinner.”

“I’m going to go get ready.” I went upstairs to my room and procrastinated a little right before I actually got ready.

~*~

“Dani! Luke’s here!” I heard my mom yell out. I grabbed my cap and gown from my bed. I looked at myself one last time before heading downstairs. “See you later mom.” I closed the door and walked outside to Luke’s car.

“Hey.” I said, kissing him on the cheek. “Hey, you look great.”

“You look great too. I love this button down on you.” I replied. Luke thanked me the started to drive to school.

Once we arrived, we met up with Violet and the guys. “You look great!” She exclaimed. “You too! You guys look great too.”

“Thanks.” They all said in unison. We walked into school and went to our designated classrooms. The girls were in one while the boys were in another. After Vi and I sat down at a table, she asked, “So, what’s happening with you and Luke?”

“Nothing really, I don’t know what I’m going to do though.”

“About what?”

“For college, I have no idea if he’s going away or if he’s going to college. And I know long distant relationships don’t workout great.”

“So what are you saying?”

“I think I might have to break up with Luke.”

“Aw D, no. You can’t you guys are so great together.”
“But like I said, I know long-distant relationships don’t work out.”

“Maybe your relationship is something special and will work out.”

“I don’t know, Vi.”

An hour passed while our classmates poured into the classrooms. Once everyone was here, we started lining up. “Remember to smile and stay standing until they tell you to sit down.” Mrs. Reynolds told us. We walked into the hallway before the field. We all lined up side by side with the boys. I looked for Luke who was a couple of classmates in front of me. We heard the music starting to play.

~*~

“Luke Hemmings.” Our principal said through the mic. Luke walked towards the podium, shook our vice principal’s hand and took his diploma. I looked to the bleachers and saw Melanie, Luke’s dad, and clapping. “Please save the applause once the first side is done. Thank you.” The principal said, causing Melanie to giggle. “Calum Hood.” Calum’s mom and sister were taking pictures.  After a whole bunch of other names, the principal announced, “The boys side is done. You may all clap now.” The crowd started cheering and applauding. “Let’s start with the girls’ side. June Alferi.” A couple of names later, I heard, “Violet Barrington.” I clapped in my seat, as did Ash. She did a little happy dance after getting her diploma. My row started stand up after the row before us sat down. After the two girls in front of me got called up, it was my turn. “Daniela Gray.” I heard claps and whooping come from the boys’ section. Turns out Luke, Cal, Ash, and Mike were cheering for me. I walked up to the podium; shook the vice principal’s hand and got my diploma. I waved to my mom up at the crowd. I walked back into my row and waited for everyone to get back to sit down. More names were called out before the principal announced the girls’ side was done. The crowd applauded. “You may now move your tassels.” The principal said. We moved our tassels to the left of our caps. “Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you. The class of 2015.” The crowd started to applaud while everyone tossed their caps into the air.

~*~

“I remember when Dani locked Sammy in the laundry room in our old apartment building.” My mom said, causing everyone to laugh except Sammy and I. “He cut stuffed animal’s tail off!” I protested, causing everyone to laugh even more. “Ben got his ball stuck up in a tree so Luke helped him get it down but instead of helping Luke down he left him up there in replacement of the ball.” Melanie told us. Luke and Ben stayed quiet while the rest of us laughed. “I was 8.” Ben argued, making Melanie giggle. The waiter came shortly after with all of our food. While we were eating, Luke nudged me and leaned in towards me. “Michael said he’s inviting us to his graduation party tomorrow.” He whispered.

“Do you wanna go?” I asked.

“Yeah, I just wanted to know if you wanted to go. With me. I mean you don’t have to go with me because we’ll see each other there. If you wanna go with Vi, or Ash or by yourself that’s cool too.” He stuttered. I smiled and took his hand in mine. “Of course I want to go with you.” His face showed a sign of relief. “Good.”

~*~

“PARTY ON BITCHES!” Michael yelled before he cannon balled into the pool. Everyone cheered and continued to dance. Michael’s house was huge. The party was restricted to the 1st floor and the backyard. Apparently he didn’t want the party to lead upstairs if you know what I’m saying… Vi was currently in the pool while I was sitting on the edge. “So have you figured out what you’re going to do with Luke?” She asked.

“I plan to ask him about his future alone. So he won’t feel any pressure with you guys there.”

“So when are you going to ask him?”

“Probably tomorrow or something. Any chance I have alone with him. But not today though.”

“Pizza’s here!! And for those of you that don’t like pizza, get the hell out.” Michael said, earning a laugh from Calum and Ashton.

“Do you want me to get you a slice?” I asked Vi.

“Nah I’m going to continue to swim.” She replied. I got out from the pool and walked towards the forming line. “Dani! You don’t need to wait! There are boxes just for us.” I heard Cal say. I walked towards them and got two slices. “So what do you think of the party?”

“You guys definitely go full out for a party.” I replied to Mike.

“We needed to set the bar for the juniors next year. We were the party kings of the school.” Calum said. We continued to talk until Luke came up to us. “Luke! Just in time! We need help starting the fire.” Ash said.

“What fire?” I asked.

“The bonfire. For the smores.” He smiled, clearly getting excited. Luke followed the boys to the shed as I went to look for Vi. “Why would you do that?” I heard from inside.

“I missed him. I’m sorry. He pushed me away anyway.” The voice sounded like Johanna’s.

“You’re going to ruin them you know that?”

Before I walked inside, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and saw Luke. “Dani, can we talk?”

“Y-yeah.” I replied, following Luke upstairs. We walked upstairs to one of the rooms and closed the door.

“What do you want to talk about?” I asked him.

“Something happened.”

“What happened?”

“Johanna kissed me.” Luke answered.

“So that’s what happened?”

“W-what do you mean?”

“I overheard Johanna and Violet talking about it.” I whispered, looking down at my lap.

“I’m so sorry.”

“Why are you sorry? Johanna kissed you.”

“How do you I didn’t kiss back?”

“Johanna said you pushed her away.” I chuckled.

“Good. I did push her away. And I told her I’m happy with my girlfriend.” He smiled.

“Luke I have to ask you something.”

“What is it?” He asked.

“What are your plans for the future?”

“You mean college?” I nodded. He let out a deep breath. “Well I got a bunch of rejection letters. But I’ve done some research and I found a job until I come up with my own money for community college.”

“Where’s the job?”

“Melbourne.”

“Melbourne?” I stood up. “You’re going all the way to Melbourne?”

“Well, yeah. It’s just until I get the money to come back to Sydney’s community college.”

“And when do you start this job?”

“Next week..” He looked down at his fingers.

“When were you supposed to tell me?”

“Soon..”

“If you’re leaving, then I can’t do this Luke.”

“What are you talking about Dani?”

“I know long distance relationships don’t work out Luke. And when you come back I’ll be busy with college and who knows when we’ll see each other.” I told him.

“We can make it work, Dani. Please don’t do this.”

“No Luke. We have too. It’s over, Luke.” He stood up and walked closer to me. “Dani, please.” I saw tears starting to form in his eyes. “I’m sorry.” I whispered before giving him a final kiss. I pulled away and left the room. I walked downstairs and to the front door. “Dani where are you going? You’re going to miss the smores.” Ashton said.

“I have to go. I’ll talk to you later.”

~*~

DON’T HATE ME PLEASE. THANKS FOR READING, PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE. (: LOVE YOU ALL

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 52 18
Talya Grey is a good girl. She does all her homework, she gets straight A's, and has a babysitting service. Luke Hemmings is a bad boy. He drinks, h...
13.9K 196 37
A girl named Alexis has this guy who always pushes her around, then another bad boy named Luke Hemmings stands up for her, could she have fell for a...
341K 9.9K 48
|||COMPLETED||| Those 3 bullies were named Luke Hemmings, Ashton Irwin, and Michael Clifford The victim they were bullying was Diamond Rose Calum Hoo...
80.6K 4.4K 40
Ashton Irwin has finally finished high school and to celebrate his Friend Jack is inviting all his friends to stay in his dad's beach house all summe...