Saved By The Boss [COMPLETE +...

Oleh wrappedinamystery

He's rude, he's arrogant and downright insolent. She's a damaged good with walls built so high it's a surpri... Lebih Banyak

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 1 - All In A Day's Work
Chapter 2 - Memory Lane
Chapter 3 - Second Time's The Charm
Chapter 4 - You're Fired
Chapter 5 - Aftermath
Chapter 6 - Cabin Fever
Chapter 7 - A Shot In Paris
Chapter 8 - Secrets
Chapter 9 - His Revelation
Chapter 10 - Stay With Me
Chapter 11 - Explosions
Chapter 12 - Case Closed
Chapter 13 - Meet The Queens
Chapter 14 - Apologies At Tiffany's
Chapter 15 - Tears And Tantrums
Chapter 16 - It's A Date
Chapter 17 - Lay Down Your Weapons
Chapter 18 - Take Two
Chapter 19 - Break Down The Walls
Chapter 20 - She's Broken
Chapter 21 - Warts And All
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 22 - A Stranger On The Streets
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 23 - The Heat Of Hell
Chapter 25 - Teamwork
Chapter 26 - Pack Up Your Troubles
Chapter 27 - Lost And Found
Chapter 28 - Hide And Seek
Chapter 29 - Déjà Vu
Chapter 30 - See You Again
Chapter 31 - Wake Up
Chapter 32 - Without You
Chapter 33 - Wide Awake
Chapter 34 - Wave After Wave
Chapter 35 - Curiosity Killed The Queen
Chapter 36 - Troubled Waters
Chapter 37 - Bed, Scars & Beyond
Chapter 38 - Uncovered
Chapter 39 - Take Me Away
Chapter 40 - A Love Like No Other
Chapter 41 - CEO, Interrupted
Chapter 42 - Family First
Chapter 43 - In The Dark
Chapter 44 - Dirty Dancing
Chapter 45 - White Lights
Chapter 46 - Confessions
Chapter 47 - Partners In Crime
Chapter 48 - Prison Bound
Chapter 49 - Black & White
Chapter 50 - Rich To Richest
Chapter 51 - Sealed With A Kiss
The Epilogue
ANNOUNCEMENTS!
CAST LIST!
NEW STORY

Chapter 24 - Never Alone

559K 19.5K 3.3K
Oleh wrappedinamystery

A/N:

Hey Guys!

I'd just like to say thank you again to everyone who has taken their time out to read "Saved By The Boss", and for the votes and comments - you have no idea how much I appreciate it.

Please continue to read, vote, comment and recommend my story to others, I REALLY appreciate it!

Without further ado, here's chapter 24, enjoy!

Love as always,

Ana

-------------------------------------

Chapter 24 - Never Alone

It had been three days since we'd gotten back from Italy and so far, they had panned out to be the worst few days of my life.

I still had yet to gather the full amount of five hundred thousand dollars before the end of the week and I had only managed to gather just over half of that amount.

All of the money would be coming out of my assets as there was no way in hell I was going to steal it from Jasper or from anybody else for that matter.

My phone rang suddenly, pulling me out of my thoughts as I answered it hesitantly.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Scarlett Valentina?" A soft feminine voice spoke as I let out a relieved sigh.

"Yes, this is she." I answered, a little more confidently.

"I'm Kimberly Baker from Simmon's Properties? I believe you spoke earlier with my colleague, Adam, regarding the sale of your apartment?"

"Yes, I did," I replied, running my hands through my hair. "He said he'd get back to give me a quote for how much it's worth?"

"Yes, well, your property is located in a very prestigious and neighbourhood-friendly area and, of course, the apartment in itself is worth a lot." She explained as I grew slightly impatient. "So, you're looking at around three hundred and fifty thousand dollars."

Oh, praise the Lord! I wanted to yell to the heavens in sheer relief.

"Thank you so much!" I practically squealed as she laughed.

"I have even more good news, Miss Valentina," she said as I raised an eyebrow. "We already gave a heads up to a potential buyer who will be more than willing to take it off your hands A.S.A.P."

"Of course. Please set up a deal before the week is through," I instructed.

"Of course. Congratulations on your sale, Miss Valentina," she said.

Congratulations indeed, Miss Baker, I thought dryly.

"Thanks." I replied as I ended the call.

I felt my heart sink a little as I looked around the home I'd worked so hard to make my own.

But I was doing this for Jasper, I reminded myself. And I would do anything to keep him safe.

Sighing, I changed into a pair of sweatpants and a tank top, before tying my hair into a top bun, running my fingers along the scar of the barbed wire beneath my neck. Shaking my head, I snapped myself out of it and proceeded to box everything up.

Just as I was about to finish packing the things from the kitchen, there was a knock at my door as I left to answer it.

"Jasper?" I asked incredulously as he stood at my front door with a bunch of roses and a bottle of ridiculously expensive wine.

"Hello to you too, sweetheart," he teased, pressing a light kiss to my forehead as he invited himself in.

"What are you doing here? I thought you weren't supposed to be back from London until next week?" I questioned trying to keep the nervousness out of my voice.

Jasper had to leave for London a day after we had gotten back from Italy which was relieving as I didn't want him to worry about what was going on with me.

"It was a waste of time," he shrugged before his eyes homed in on the hundreds of moving boxes scattered across the room. "What's going on here?"

"I'm, erm... I'm selling the apartment," I told him as his eyebrows shot up.

"What? Why?" He questioned, genuinely surprised. "You love this place, why would you sell it?"

"Just thought it was time for a change," I folded my arms, averting my gaze away from his.

"Scarlett." He said sternly. "What the hell is going on?"

"Nothing, Jasper," I sighed. "I just decided I want a change, that's all."

"There's something you're not telling me," he accused, narrowing his eyes in suspicion. "Are you leaving town?"

"What?" I laughed before sobering up after noticing he wasn't amused. "No, Jasper I'm not."

"Are you in some sort of financial trouble?"

A lump formed in my throat and I began to sweat profusely.

"No," I replied shakily, feeling my world spinning as I almost slipped.

"Scarlett!" He hissed, quickly grabbing me by my waist before I fell. "Baby, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"Nothing, Jasp," I smiled meekly as he watched me with concern.

"Where are you intending to live if the apartment is for sale, then?" He questioned as he sat me down gently on the chair before handing me a glass of water. "Drink."

I took a small sip of the water before setting it down on the table.

"I was going to rent a cheaper apartment," I shrugged.

"Scarlett, what in the name of God is going on?" He snapped, demanding answers. "The second we get back from Italy, you suddenly decide you want to sell your apartment. And conveniently when I'm also not here, so, explain to me right now what is going on!"

"Jasper, I told you, I just wanted a change," I sighed loudly as he slammed his fists onto the table in frustration. "When those guys attacked you in Italy, I realized that life's too short and I wanted a change, so I decided I would sell up as soon as I got home."

"Why did you not tell me then?" He questioned.

"You were called quickly on business and I didn't want to add to your schedule, especially since we would be miles apart." I told him as he eyed me carefully. "How are you feeling anyway? You recovered pretty quickly from those nasty bruises."

"Don't try to change the subject, Scarlett," he growled, but I couldn't help but smile up at how concerned he was.

"Stop being so paranoid and accept that I wanted a change," I told him firmly as he looked at me briefly before sighing. He placed his hands on either side of my face tenderly as I looked into his eyes.

"You would tell me if something was wrong, wouldn't you?" He asked gently as I nodded.

"Of course, I would." I replied ignoring the thumping in my chest.

Our relationship was now going to be based on lies henceforth, I thought miserably whilst plastering a fake smile on my face.

"I'm still not satisfied. I know something is wrong, your barely-there smile gave it away." He stated, removing his hands from my face. "I'm going to find out what's going on if it's the last thing I do."

"Jasper," I rolled my eyes as I shifted my weight forward so I was straddling his lap. He looked at me in surprise as I wrapped my arms around his neck loosely. "I promise, that if something was wrong I would tell you, okay?"

He watched me as if debating whether or not I was telling the truth.

"Okay," he murmured softly against my lips as I crashed them into his. "My, we are enthusiastic today, aren't we, Miss Valentina?" He smirked.

"Just kiss me," I said breathlessly as he grabbed my hips, kissing me with so much fire, so much passion and urgency, I thought I was going to explode.

I arched my neck, giving him easy access as he kissed me hungrily, his lips reaching my breasts.

"If I carry on, I know I won't be able to control myself," he said huskily as I shivered.

"What if I don't want you to control yourself?" I asked quietly as he looked up at me, his eyes dark with desire.

"You're not ready yet," he said gruffly. "I don't want to rush you into this. I want your first time to be perfect, not a quickie in a kitchen."

"Where have you been all my life?" I joked softly as he buried his face into my chest.

"Everywhere," he replied as I played with his hair. "To find you."

My heart swelled up as he lifted his head from my chest and kissed my lips softly.

"Carry on packing, I'm just going to head home to change then I'll come back and we can move your things to my place."

"What?" I asked ludicrously. "Jasper, that's too much for you, I don't -"

"Must you defy everything I ask of you?" He interrupted, raising an eyebrow.

"Jasper, I refuse to place myself as a burden on you. I can look for other apartments, it's fine."

"I have been trying to get you to move in with me for weeks, so I can't think of a better opportunity than this one. You are coming with me." He stated, glaring at me.

"And if I don't want to?" I challenged, smirking at him.

"Oh, baby, I dare you to refuse." He whispered lowly.

"Jasper, are you absolutely sure?" I asked hesitantly but before I knew it, I was bent over his lap as he lowered his lips to my ear.

"Do you want to be spanked, Scarlett?" He murmured huskily as my heat rose considerably.

Why did I want to say yes?

"Do you?" He questioned as I inhaled sharply.

"Yes." I whispered quietly.

I felt his long fingers tug at the waistband of my sweatpants, pushing them to my knees as he hooked a finger through the thin fabric of my thong, pulling it towards himself. The fabric pressed against my core as my breathing became erratic before he released it from his finger causing it to snap onto my ass as I let out a moan.

"Mm, I like the sound of that, don't you, Miss Valentina?" He teased torturously, before I heard the sharp sound of a slap as his palm smacked my bare ass so hard I yelped loudly, unable to fathom why I was so turned on by this.

I breathed heavily as he slowly rubbed his hand over my ass cheek before planting a small kiss there.

"Now, I wonder whether you will be using that smart mouth of yours to defy me again," he growled, pulling up my sweatpants and standing me up so I was towering over him as he was still sat on the chair. "Well? Will you?"

"N-no," I whispered as he smirked, standing up.

"You loved that, didn't you?"

"Shut up, Jasper," I muttered, feeling my cheeks turn red as I crossed my arms.

"Are you okay?"

"More than okay," I replied shyly as he smiled at me.

He leaned in closer, sliding his hands down my lower back and onto a region he knew all too well at this point.

"Next time, I won't be so easy on you, mark my words." He murmured before moving away. "See you in an hour, baby."

He winked and left me standing in the middle of my kitchen, hot, bothered and completely soaked.

I slowly bought myself back to reality as I walked upstairs to change my underwear, recalling his rough yet gentle hand spanking my naked ass.

Oh, God, what the hell was the matter with me?

Why was I craving more of it?

I changed my underwear and flopped onto the bed, sighing before I heard my phone vibrate on the bedside table. I picked it up and froze when I read the message.

That was very sexy, Miss Valentina, watching you surrender yourself as the whore that you are to your billionaire master. I wonder what dirty tricks you have up your sleeve for next time, for I immensely look forward to it.

What in the name of hell?

My eyes almost popped out of their sockets as I became seriously nauseous. Running to the washroom I bowed my head down above the sink, knowing I was going to throw up.

Someone had been watching me.

Why would someone be watching me?

How were they watching me?

Who was watching me?

My head was spinning as I realised my nightmares were slowly coming true.

It was only a matter of time before I lost everything, I thought as I retched violently into the sink.

How was I supposed to keep the only person I ever loved safe, if we were being watched and followed - practically being hunted like prey?

My whole world was on the brink of collapsing and there was nothing I could do about it.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.2M 28.4K 60
When poor, abused Addison Snow finally runs away from her unforgiving home she thinks her life could finally get better with a new job and a forbidde...
5.8M 156K 51
When billionaire playboy Nick Sinclair sets his sights on the one woman who wants nothing to do with him, will he be able to change his ways to win h...
15.6M 463K 43
Isabella Smith, a twenty two year old woman struggling to make it through the evils of the world and surviving through thick and thin to give her sis...
524K 24.8K 48
What happens when the mafia boss, Miguel Lobos's assistant overhears a conversation that puts a target on her back by Miguel's heartless frenemy?? Mi...