King of Hearts (A Steve Roger...

By smellslikehotgorlshi

Sam Wilson and YN King grew up together, served in the air force together, lost friends and family together... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Epilogue
Books By Annabelle

Chapter Thirteen

2.8K 88 33
By smellslikehotgorlshi

**This one is a bit short, but I realised the longer I make the chapters, the less chapters there will be... Because I will run out of plot quicker. So I am trying to keep them between 1500-2000, the last few have been 2000-3000 or more words lmao... anyway enjoy 

YN rested her head back on the head rest, her eyes closed and fingers tangled. They were on route to the warehouse, about twenty minutes out. YN could feel Sam's eyes on her, the jiggle of his leg slowly making YN go insane.

"Sam, stop moving your leg." YN muttered, trying to move away from the fidgeting man. They had split into two cars. Sam, Bucky, YN and Shuri in with Clint as he drove, and the others were about ten feet behind, Natasha making sure she held position at the rear.

"What was the go back there? I thought you and Nat got along." Sam asked, stopping his movements and turning to face YN, who still had her eyes held shut.

"We do." She replied bluntly, cracking her knuckles as she bit her inner lip.

"Then why were you so defensive?" YN rolled her eyes behind her lids before opening them, turning to glare at Sam.

"We can't trust anyone. You hear me? I don't want to go to prison because I made the mistake of relying on someone, again." Sam sighed, meeting Clint's eyes in the rearview mirror.

"Or, she's repressing her true feelings-" Bucky started, grunting when YN leaned across Sam's body and thumped him in the arm.

"Bucky, another word from you and you may need a bionic face because I am going to pummel it in." Bucky's eyes widened, nodding his head before grinning.

"Feisty." He mumbled, biting back a laugh at YN as she deepened her glare. "Hey, Barton. How far out-"

...

"So, what's up with YN?" Natasha struck up conversation, keeping her eyes on the road as T'Challa and Steve swapped a look. "Thought she would have wanted to spend the car ride with her beau."

The two men froze, not really expecting Natasha's question. "Uh, YN and I aren't... We are no longer together." Natasha's eyes shot to T'Challa, her mouth popping open.

"Oh, I am so sorry... I didn't know." T'Challa smiled, looking over to the redhead from his place in the front seat.

"Don't be, there are no hard feelings. She had her heart in the right place, just with the wrong person." Natasha frowned, before realizing and nodding, looking into the mirror to give Steve a look.

Steve frowned, looking back at Natasha. "What?" He asked, leaning forward with intrigue.

"Who do we think the right person is?" Natasha bit her lip, trying to repress her grin.

"I don't know, who?" Steve responded, confusion settling into his features. Natasha raised an eyebrow, shaking her head. "What? Me? I don't think so." Steve laughed, holding his chest.

"You are an idiot, Steve Rogers." Steve scoffed, rolling his eyes.

Before he could respond, the vehicle in front of them, that was carrying their friends, flew forward, a bomb igniting underneath the tail of the car.

"Shit!" Natasha shouted, slamming on the brakes as the car slid to a stop. The three occupants of the vehicle opened their doors, running to the car that was slowly being swallowed by flames. "Clint?" Natasha screamed, wrapping her hand in her jacket and reefing the door open.

Steve went to the opposite side, ripping the door off of its hinges and bending down to try and look in. "YN?" He called, anxiety crawling up his neck at the heat of their situation.

"I'm fine, move. Get Shuri, she's hurt." YN replied, making Steve swallow his nerves and move to the front seat, letting YN slide out, followed by Sam and Bucky. YN stood to her feet, biting back a cry of pain as she felt the side of her abdomen pull.

"YN, you're bleeding." Sam gasped, inspecting the wound sight where a piece of metal stuck out from her skin.

"I'm fine." She whispered. "How's Shuri?" YN looked over to where Steve was helping her from the wreckage.

"She's okay, hit her head pretty hard. She's going to need a hospital." T'Challa sighed, rolling his neck.

"I will request a jet, you need to keep moving." T'Challa held up a hand when YN went to speak. "You need to go, YN, take the car. They clearly know we are coming. They must of planted the bomb whilst the vehicles were unoccupied." YN sighed, lifting her hand gingerly to press against her wound.

"Are you hurt?" Steve asked, furrowing his eyebrows in worry. "Show me."

"No, Steve, it's fine." Steve grunted, moving to stand in front of YN and gently pry her hands from where they covered the bloody mess.

"YN, this is not fine, you need to have this removed and it will probably need stitches." YN rolled her eyes, stepping back from Steve. "I'm being serious, YN."

"Steve, I'm okay." YN insisted, tapping her foot as she crossed her arm.

"YN-" YN glared at the blonde man, gritting her teeth.

"I said I was fine. Now, can we please get moving, we need to reach our positions before sun down." Steve shook his head, staring at the ground.

YN tried to walk normally, the pulling at her skin making every step uncomfortable. Steve watched in annoyance as YN continued to ignore his efforts. The men got into the car, Clint in the driver's seat Sam in the front passenger and Bucky and Steve in the back. YN looked at the remaining seat, swallowing uncomfortably.

"You take it, I'll get in the back." YN didn't wait for Natasha's response as she opened the boot, sliding in and leaning against the side of the car. Bucky turned in his seat, looking over YN's grimacing face. Looking up, YN forced a smile. "Lucky it's an SUV huh?" She chuckled weakly, earning a sad look from the brunette super soldier.

"YN-" YN shook her head, leaning her head back against the window with a sigh, trying to relax her trembling body and focus on anything but the ringing in her ears. They only got around a few bends when they skidded to a stop, making YN's eyes open and look out the front window.

The six car occupants stared in shock as a large black truck faced them, over twenty men with guns standing in front of it. "What do we do?" Natasha whispered, looking to Steve in the mirror.

"How many are there?" He asked, leaning forward. 

"I count twenty-four."

"Twenty-seven with the three in the tank." Sam chuckled at Bucky's glare as redwing x-rayed the truck.

"We're surrounded." Natasha added, biting her lip.

"They wouldn't know I'm in the car, let me sneak around and surprise them." YN whispered, leaning over to grab her AA12. "I could take half of them out before they retaliate."

"No way." Sam stated, looking back and shaking his head.

"Sam, it's a good idea." Bucky said, not turning in his seat in case anyone spotted their movements.

"Steve?" Sam pleaded, looking to the captain with frightful eyes.

"It's our only option at the moment. The minute we step out we're done. If they're distracted, even momentarily, we can all get out and start on the offense, rather than the defense." Bucky nodded, agreeing with Steve.

YN looked at Sam, sending him a smile. "I'll be fine, Sammy." Sam sighed, reluctantly resigning to watch YN load her gun and prop the boot slightly open. Only enough for her to slip out unnoticed.

"You have your comms in, YN?" Steve's voice echoed in her ear, nearly startling her.

"Affirmative." She chuckled, propping her gun on her shoulder. "The second I open fire you all get out of the car, you hear me?" Everyone agreed, making YN release her breath. "Okay, well, here goes nothing."

YN stepped out around the vehicle, not waiting more than a second to pull her trigger and hold it, sending a spray of bullets toward the waiting men. YN stepped sideways so that the others could swiftly exit the car.

As they recomposed, Steve swung his arm and send his shield into a HYDRA agent, who had started to lift his gun. YN propped herself in the window of the SUV, poking her large gun through the open window.

"Can anyone see Rumlow?" Steve shouted, knocking another man from his post on top of the massive truck.

"Negative, it doesn't look like he's here!" YN replied, ducking low to reload her gun. As she did so, she noticed a grey case sitting on the floor of the backseat. "Jackpot." She whispered, placing her gun on the ground close by and picking up the case. "When I say get down, do it!" She shouted, loading up the weapon.

"What?" Natasha asked, furrowing her brows and she shot at a man hovering near the tree line.

"Get down! Now!" YN screamed, standing tall as her team mates dropped, watching her shoot four arrows at the HYDRA vehicle. Everyone stilled, watching YN and then looking at the arrows. "What the-" Before she could finish, the arrows, as they were supposed to, exploded. The force sending the truck upwards and then coming down in a mass of flames.

The HYDRA men surrounding the vehicle were shot down by Sam and Bucky whilst they were distracted, leaving YN and her team mates huffing in breaths of relief. YN sagged against the SUV, whining as her abdomen pulsed with pain. Steve walked over to her, bending down to her level.

"Still okay?" He asked, sarcasm dripping from his words.

YN poked the corner of her mouth with her tongue, looking up into Steve's clear eyes. "You aren't helping." She whispered with a forced smirk, trying to stand up properly.

"Shall I drag you along the concrete then? Get in the car, YN." YN nodded, turning to sit down in the vehicle, Steve sliding in beside her. As they swerved around the blazing vehicle and the accompanied men, YN sagged against Steve's body, groaning loudly. "YN needs a hospital." Steve whispered, placing an arm around the delirious woman.

"How? We can't just take her to a local hospital, she's a wanted fugitive." Natasha bit her lip at Sam's words, looking across to Clint.

"I have an idea. But it means we divert the plan for a few days." Steve nodded, feeling YN sink down further.

"We will have to anyway; we need to re-strategize now that we know they know. Plus, YN will need some time to recoup." Sam looked over Steve's shoulder from where he'd taken place in the boot.

"Is she cuddling you?" He snickered, nudging Bucky to have a look.

"Like I said, she needs a hospital." Steve laughed, not noticing Sam and Bucky share a bitten back grin of achievement.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.1K 1.6K 37
Yn Rogers is the 27 year old daughter of Steve Rogers but has always hiden from the others. only Bucky knows about her. shes also a super soldier but...
115K 2.8K 31
After you're found beaten and bruised on the road by Bucky, you form a beautiful friendship. He takes you to the Avengers compound and the mystery ar...
268K 7.2K 42
BOOK 1 About five years ago, a one night stand tore Bucky's life apart. It was also the night before his wedding. Now he's married to her sister and...
84.5K 2.3K 34
Currently being edited/rewritten. (Chapters with written numbers {e.g. One} have been edited, actual numbers are TBC.) "I have this feeling in my hea...