Fiercer Than Fire

Galing kay _AcrossTheUniverse_

''Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desire, I hold with those wh... Higit pa

Fiercer Than Fire
A Stranger's Stare: Part I
Just Jared.
A Stranger's Stare: II
The Other Side
A Taste Of Another
Rumor Has It.
Increasing Inferno: I
Increasing Inferno: II
Surely Shaken
His Confliction
Detrimental Dares
Startling Sensations
Messy Memories
Ominous Occurrences
Absurd Agreements: I (redone)
Tremendously Tired
Frosty Firsts
Revolting Revelations
Another World
Loyalty Over Love
Phantom Presence
Whispered Visions
Tainted Time
IMPORTANT

Brighter Than The Burn

1.9K 92 41
Galing kay _AcrossTheUniverse_

Dedication: To @jesseelves for the cover on the side :) ... THANK YOU SO MUCH :D

Chapter One: Brighter Than The Burn.

Warning: Not Edited.

Nyles perspective-

"You are the girl I vowed to protect and you're my mate."

I watched wisps of blazing flames of my aura drifted through my lips as I said the words and form a ring of fire around Delilahs head. Delilahs golden eyes were unable to trace the movement of the tendrils of my aura as it wrapped itself around her head and seem to slither around it. Delilah had not been taught of the ways of ones inner flame and for that she was not censured.

"So that's why you called me your mate and have that fancy accent! You're Australian!" exclaimed Delilah as I watched comprehension dawn into her eyes.

Australian? Me?

Delilah dear, you seem to have gotten it wrong.

"I beg your pardon Delilah, but I am certainly not Australian..." I said as I watched the tendrils of my aura dance around her head.

"Blow it, son. Then allow it to sink through her skull as you chant the words that come naturally to you."

"Father?" I spoke through the connection back to him as I felt my true father's power flair into my mind, before detecting that it was only a form of him, "Why, must I ask, are you snffing at our conversation like a garngle." (A/N- Explained below, in authors note.)

"Because I just realized that my son's life is more eventful than mine. Isn't that tragic?!"

I rolled my eyes and ignored my father, "It will not cause any pain or discomfort to her, right?"

"Nope... Speaking of which, have you heard the newest single by-"

Stay out of my head, father.

I sighed yet paid heed to the words of my father. "Delilah," I whispered softly as I stepped even closer to her and heard the sound of her heart flutter in my ears as her eyes gently closed. The aura in the pits of my gut burned brighter. She was indeed affected by my presence.

"Hmmm... her reactions so much like your mothers."

I cursed and cut out the connection. This was to intimate for even my true father to intrude onto. As my father's forms held continuous contact with the modern mortal world, I believed that his current form that conversed with me had to their style. Though he was The Phoenix, his current form was laid back and quite the boisterous bloke, unlike me. I find it absolutely horrid that my father allows for one of his forms to act as so. He is The Phoenix, therefore each and every one of his forms should act respectably.

But he thought otherwise.

I felt Delilah's body heat as I stepped closer to her and felt the concentration of air decrease as she took a deep breath in and increase as she let out a breath. Her sweet breath blew across my face, but my gaze remained transfixed onto the wisps of my aura circulating her head.

I had been warned about the loss of self control during the finding of the mate. I did not wish to lose my concentration.

I could feel Delilah's puzzlement. I could feel her awe. I could feel her blissfulness.

"What-" Delilah began to say but I silenced her with the wave of my hand. "Hush dear." I whispered, "It's going to be alright." I watched as her brows loosened from there furrow. I despised using my powers on her, but I certainly had no choice in such a situation.

Slowly I began to chant words that just seemed to roll of my tongue. These were words I had never used or practised before. The wisps of my aura around her head began to swirl at a greater speed, until they were nothing but a blur. As my chant came to an end, my aura solidified around her head -creating a halo- and sunk through her head. I watched as the inscriptions on her neck flamed and than glowed, and as an image of a phoenix spreading its wings played out above her head.

Just as the last traces of the rising phoenix began to disappear, Delilah's golden eyes shot open and her irises lightened until they were the colour of the crescent moon that hangs low in the sky and bathes the Earth in its silver light. Her hands flew up to her cheeks and she began to let out a stream of shrieks as her nails dug into her skin and her dark hair billowed behind her.

Anxiety grew within me.

Had I done something wrong?

Had I condemned my mate to such a fate?

"Delilah!" I shouted, my voice nothing but a whisper before her screams. I grabbed her shoulders and held her as she shrieked in agony. I could feel her pain, her grief. "Delilah! What is wrong? Oh do tell me!" I begged to no avail.

It was almost as if she was unable to see me, hear me or sense my presence at all. Her beautiful golden eyes were wide and seemed to dart from golden to silver , almost as if the two colours were sparring with each other. Her gaze was transfixed to a position above my head.

I rubbed my thumb onto the inscriptions on her neck on instinct and immediately her screams died out. She fell limp in my arms and began to sob. "Why? Wh-why?..." she mumbled. "Don't please." I ran one of my hand across her spine and whispered soothing words in order to tame her shaken soul. My other hand smoothed her dark hair as her fist clutched a handful of the fabric of my shirt. "No!" she exclaimed suddenly and she shoved me off her. Her pupils flickered to a shade of silver. "NO! YOU CANNOT! YOU MUST NOT!"

"Father, my true father...." I called out through the connection as I watched my lovely mate tremble. "What is happening?"

"Well hello there! I thought you wanted me to -and I quote- 'Stay out of your head.'"

"Father, please... this is no time for your fatuous riddles and games."

"Fine, fine. Calm your fire, boy and grant me access to your head."

I sighed but did as he told. As I felt tendrils of my father's current aura filter through my mind, I told myself, that this was for her. This was for Delilah.

"Yeah, yeah. I get it. Sheesh."

"Father. Do as you were told to and nothing more."

"Is it so wrong that I want to humour my son, who I barely se-"

"Father!"

"Alright, alright." 

The anxiety and the stress -concerning my pursuit for my mate- that had kept my father composed seemed to have vanished as he had adopted his previous blissful approach to his job.

Once he had completed scanning the dilemma I was faced with, I felt his presence withdraw from my mind.

"Hmmm....How fascinating," Father sounded amused.

"Does my mates condition.... amuse you?" I growled.

"Well... not exactly. It's just that-wait. Never mind that. I know what your thinking of and I think you should go through with it."

I frowned as I heard my father cut himself between a sentence. He was hiding something. Unfortunately the current time at hand would not be enough to deal with it and so, I ignored it. Instead I asked, "My actions will infuriate her, father. Are you sure I should do so?"

"Son, sometimes we have to do things in life that don't always seems to be best but truly are. Like marrying your mother for instance! It seemed so app-"

"Father. That is enough. Thank you for your help."

 I cut the connection and almost cursed aloud. I detested speaking to the looser ends of my father's various forms. Unfortunately, those were the ends that generally consulted me.

Ipeered at my mate through my lashes. She held herself, her head hung low and she trembled with each shaky breath she took.

"Stop it..." she whispered, "J-just. St-stop. Please...."

I sighed. I knew she would dislike my future actions but I truly had no choice. Though my father's forms sanity were dilute at times, he was judicious when it came to making decisions and it was this quality that made him a resplendent leader.

"Delilah." I mumbled, causing her head to shoot up and for her to hold my gaze with her wide, terrified eyes. "Wh-what-" she began to say but I interrupted her by stepping forward and placing a finger on her plump yet rosy lips. "Shh... it is alright, love," I hushed her as I concentrated on placing the magic. "Close your eyes." Delilah's eyes fluttered to a close and I watched as her breath became even once more. Though I despised using my magic on her, I knew it was requisite to do so.I placed the pillow of my thumb on the center forehead, between her eyebrows and felt her breath hitch. My aura warmed slightly at the feel of her skin.

I took a deep breath as I said the words, hoping that she would find it in her self to not be infuriated my my actions-

"Somniandi Hoc memoria est modo realitatem ."

A reverie is what this reminiscence shall be.

In other words, Delilah would think that this was all but a reverie.

A/N: In lay terms the Latin -that I ripped of Google Translate so excuse me if it isn't correct :) - at the end means: This memory shall be thought of as a dream.

IMPORTANT:

In order for me to update I need at least 25 votes on this chapter, since I do not feel motivated to continue to write if I think that my story is not appreciated :)

Authors Note:

Dear reader,

As you can see I continued the story due to popular demand for the lovely readers of this story! (LOVE YOU <3)

What a garnagle is will be explained during the future chapters of this story so STAY UPDATED ;)

Also, I am very sorry that this chapter is short relative to the last chapter that was freakishly long (18 PAGES :O .. I know! So long...!) and since I thought that was long enough- plus, the plot required for me to do so, in order for it to flow smoothly- I kept this nice and short! Well... I think since the scroll bar doesn't looks so tiny.

I would also like to say that I love this story. Like it's my BABY! ;) ... I like it better than, 'Last Kiss.' Though I'm not sure why.... But Nyle and Leon are on par. Most definitely :)

I hope you like this story and I would love to hear your views and critiscim concerning it! :D

You know the drill:

1.Vote.

2.Comment.

3.Fan.

Lots of love,

_AcrossTheUniverse_

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

231K 7.4K 38
ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ ᴍᴇʀᴍᴀɴ x ᴘΙͺʀᴀᴛᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ -------- WARNING BEFORE YOU READ #2 mermaids 20200606 #4 fan made 20200605 #8 humans 20200605 #22 Obsession 20200605 #...
125K 8.3K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...
133 6 10
My chest filled with a searing pain, matching the intensity of the tremors of the earth. I had to go home to make sure my Ma and Pa were okay. .... ...
15.1K 727 51
"Who's out there?" One of the men yelled. Of course only silence met them. I remained quiet and waited for the group to start moving again. "Maybe i...