King of Hearts (A Steve Roger...

By smellslikehotgorlshi

Sam Wilson and YN King grew up together, served in the air force together, lost friends and family together... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Epilogue
Books By Annabelle

Chapter Ten

3.8K 109 49
By smellslikehotgorlshi

**I'm sorry this took forever lmao - I didn't know which way to go but I've found the PERFECT route around major hurted feelings hehehe (and yes i know that's not a word)

YN's fingers tapped on the bench in front of her, her head resting against the cool metal. She sat up with a huff, looking around the room.

"Hello? What's taking so-" As she went to finish her sentence, the lights blew in the room, sending the entire area into darkness. "What the hell?" YN whispered, jumping when a loud bang echoed from above her. "Hello?" She screamed, rattling her hands against the cuffs. "Fuck."

Before she could panic much more, the window to her right smashed as an Iron Man suit flew into the room. "Rumlow's here." Came Tony's voice.

"I guessed as much. Get me out of these chains." Tony rolled his eyes.

"You know a please wouldn't hurt you, King." YN smiled sweetly, widening her eyes.

"Please, Mr. Stark?" She pouted, making the other man scoff as he tore the chains from the floor and the cuffs from her hands. "Do we know which level?"

"F.R.I.D.A.Y estimates the fiftieth floor." YN nodded, leaving the room with Tony.

"Which level are we on now?" YN asked, looking around the hall.

"Forty-fourth." YN nodded again, moving down the corridor. An officer walked around the corner, coming face to face with YN who stopped still.

"Hey, how did-" Before he could finish, YN had knocked him out with a punch to the nose. She bent down, grabbing the two guns the officer had on his person, waving off Tony's comment: "that was violent".

"You take the outside of the building, scout out the inside through the windows, I'll take the stairs." Tony nodded, leaving through a side window. YN sighed, rolling her shoulders. Reefing open the door YN took two stairs at a time, coming closer and closer to the floor that the supposed attack was going down. She entered through the door of the fiftieth floor, grabbing the gun from the back of her jeans quickly. Looking left and right, YN moved forward, light on her feet so that she remained unnoticed.

"Hey!" A male voice shouted, making YN turn and hold her gun up. Three men were there, all holding guns in the air, pointed directly at her. "Gun down!" YN looked over their attire, full black tactile gear, not a government badge in sight.

"I'd rather not." She said, quickly releasing fire and sending a bullet through one man's leg. He screamed out and YN used the distraction to jump behind a beam. "I accept your surrender!" She called out, hearing the two remaining men snicker.

"It's two against one, lady. We accept your surrender." YN chuckled using the window to her right to watch the two men approach her. As they got within inches of her hiding spot, YN smirked. Throwing both hands out, she connected her fists with each of their noses, shocking the men back a step. She sent a shot to the man on her left, and a kick to the one on her right, sending the men to the ground. She walked around the corner, shooting the remaining writhing man.

YN huffed out a breath, flicking a piece of hair out of her face. "Right," she sighed, looking around. "Moving on." YN kept moving throughout the level, checking around every corner, gun held firmly in her palm. Stopping before an open office room, she heard a variety of voices, making her stop short and squat behind a wall to listen in.

"It seems we have Stark, Barton, Romanoff, the witch and Vision." YN narrowed her eyes, wondering whether they were unaware of her presence in the building, or they just didn't care.

"What about the Wakandans? They were at Stark Tower when we observed it earlier today." YN's eyes widened. Gripping her gun, she heard five sets of footsteps walking toward her. She looked around, panicked gaze searching rapidly for a place to hide.

Holding her breath, YN came to the conclusion she would have to fight the five men, as there was nowhere for her to hide. Gripping her gun even tighter, she used the element of surprise to step out from her position, shooting two men before she was tackled to the ground. YN kneed the man on top of her in the stomach, heaving a groan from his mouth. She wrestled him for his gun, looking to the side to see another advancing on them

"Fuck!" She shouted, feeling the man above her snag her shoulder with a knife. Using her legs, YN wrapped them around the man's neck, twisting them until she heard a satisfying crack. Picking up his gun she shot one more man before a boot caught her in the back, sending her flying forward. YN stood up, turning to face her attacker. She came face to face with a large man, a metal face covering adorning his person. He held a sizeable gun, the sight of it making YN grow rigid. "Who are you?" She asked, clenching her fists.

"You don't remember me? You and your friends are the reason I look like this." He said, taking off his helmet to display his mutilated features.

"Rumlow..." YN whispered, eyes as wide as saucers.

"I think I look pretty good... considering." He smirked, cocking his head as he stepped forward, watching with a raised brow as YN backed up. Her back hit concrete and Rumlow continued his advance, crowding her up against a beam. Pressing his gun against her ribcage, YN held her breath, flicking her eyes between Rumlow's brown ones. "You're a pretty little thing aren't you?" YN closed her eyes, tightening her jaw.

"Get off of me." She whispered, trying to distract the man as she lifted her leg, searching for the small gun she had planted there earlier. "Come on, Tony." She choked out.

"Oh, you're friends are otherwise occupied." Rumlow laughed. "I think we'll have some fun, don't you think?" YN grimaced, trying to move her leg slyly enough to the side, opening her eyes to keep them focused on his. Snatching the gun, YN smirked, raising her own brow.

"I think we will." Rumlow frowned, cocking his head.

"What-" YN threw her head forward, connecting it with his nose and making him step back so YN could raise her gun. Rumlow didn't give her much time to think, grabbing it and forcing it back in her face. YN swore, twisting on her foot and using the momentum to kick Rumlow in the chest. As he bent down, YN jump up onto his shoulders, wrapping her legs around his neck and squeezing.

Rumlow shouted, moving around the room trying to remove YN from her position. He bent down and swung his body, forcing YN to release her grip and go flying into a table. Before she could think, Rumlow was on top of her, hands around her neck and squeezing. She tried to fight him, but he leant back out of reach, avoiding her hits all together.

"You stupid little bitch." Rumlow spat, leaning down close to her face. YN's vision was blurring, her eyes losing their battle to stay open as her face turned white from lack of oxygen.

Suddenly, Rumlow was sent flying off YN, as the woman took in a large breath followed by a hoarse cough. Grabbing her throat, she choked on some more breaths, trying to drag in as much air as possible. Looking to her right with still blurry eyes, YN spotted two forms fighting, unable to identify the one fighting against Rumlow.

"YN, oh my God." YN blinked, trying to clear her vision.

"Sam?" She whispered, voice still rough from her necks abuse earlier.

"Yeah, it's me. T'Challa called us, said you were arrested." YN nodded, taking his hand as he helped her up.

"Yeah," She coughed, grimacing. "Rumlow got here before-" Stopping, YN's eyes widened dramatically. "Sam?! You can't be here, you're going to be arrested." Before Sam could respond, a large group of men entered the room, assault rifles held at their hips. Seeing the fight that was occurring, the went to reach for the guns, but two figures dressed in black suits rushed at them, attacking them with brutal force.

"Is that?" YN breathed, eyes wide.

"Yeah..." YN nodded, bending over to pick up her gun. She raced over with Sam, shooting at four men as they approached them. YN was grabbed from behind, the man putting pressure on her sore neck. She tried to fight him, writhing in his grip. He was quickly torn from her body, YN hearing him scream as he was thrown from the window. The remaining men were down, letting YN release a broken breath. Dropping her gun, YN sunk to her knees.

A figure dropped in front of her, YN's glazed eyes meeting two orbs of oceanic blue. "Steve?" She whispered, coughing and grimacing at the soreness of her neck.

"Yeah, YN. It's me." YN nodded, dropping her head down. Steve caught her face between his palms, bringing her eyes back up to meet his. "I thought I said that you dying would be very inconvenient." YN chuckled, gripping his wrist.

"Good thing I didn't die then." She whispered, closing her eyes. "'M tired, though." YN sighed.

"I know." Steve replied, sitting back on his heels.

"Did you get Rumlow?" YN asked as they stood up, Steve helping her rise by holding her elbow.

"No, he got away on a helicopter while I was-" YN frowned before realizing.

"Coming to help me?" She asked, widening her eyes as she looked up at the blonde. Steve looked down, nodding his head. "Steve, you let him get away? I can handle myself." YN grumbled, pulling her elbow from his grip.

"YN, you were being overpowered-" YN glared at him.

"I'm not some damsel in distress, Steve. I was fine, and you let that bastard get away because you thought I couldn't handle it on my own." Steve shook his head, trying to stop himself getting angry.

"YN-" He started, however he was interrupted as someone else called her name.

"YN!" T'Challa exclaimed, coming over to grab her shoulders. "Are you okay?" YN nodded, resting her head against his chest. T'Challa looked at Steve, a questioning look in his gaze. Steve shook his head, looking to the ground. "Come, we must leave before the others see us and Ross orders you all to be arrested."

Sam, Shuri and Steve trailed behind YN and T'Challa, Sam casting an understanding look to Steve. "She'll come round, man." Steve nodded, grabbing his shield as they passed through the door, on their way to the roof where the jet was awaiting them.

---------------------------------------------------------

As they arrived back in Wakanda, YN was asleep on a seat in the jet, resting her head to the side so her bruised neck was visible. T'Challa went to pick her up but Steve whispered something in his ear, the king nodding and ushering everyone off of the aircraft, leaving the two alone.

"YN," Steve whispered, squatting down in front of her. "YN!" He said a little louder, shaking her shoulder lightly. YN shocked herself awake, shooting up in her seat. "Hey, it's just me." Steve said, holding up his hands in a show of surrender.

YN nodded, breathing heavily. "What? Are we here?" YN asked bluntly, looking toward the open cabin door.

"Yeah, I just wanted to talk to you about something first." Steve said, looking down to his fingers. YN watched the nervous action with curiosity.

"Okay? Shoot." YN replied, leaning back in her seat with crossed arms.

"I just want you to know that... I didn't let Rumlow go because I didn't think you could handle yourself." Steve whispered, looking up to YN's eyes, that were looking at him in interest. "I was distracted-" Steve cleared his throat, shaking his head. "Distracted by making sure you were okay, not because I doubted you, but because I wanted you to be okay. I needed you to be okay." YN frowned.

"What does that mean?" YN whispered, leaning down to Steve's level as she bit her lip.

"I think you know what that means, YN." YN frowned, unsure of what Steve was insinuating. "I'm not forcing anything on you, I know you have this thing with T'Challa going on. And there's no way I can... I mean he's a king and I'm just a..." YN frowned deeper, completely lost in what was going on.

"Okay, I'm not sure what's going on. But do not talk about yourself like that. You're Captain America, but your also Steve Rogers first and foremost. You're reliable, strong minded, admirable and despite what I've said in the past you're a good friend to Sam and Bucky... and me. You have a lot of very special qualities too, Steve." YN watched as Steve's cheeks filled with color.

"Thanks, YN." He sighed. "I better go." YN shook her head in disbelief, not sure what had just happened. Steve stood up, grabbing his shield and sending YN a shy smile. "I'll see you later."

"See you." YN whispered, slumping in her seat with a baffled expression. "What the hell?" She said to herself, confused with why her chest was constricting and butterflies were filling her stomach.

YN stepped into the castle, hand coming up to rub her neck. "YN!" YN looked up to see Bucky walking toward her, a large grin on his face.

Trying to lift a smile onto her features, YN accepted the embrace Bucky offered to her. "Hey, Buck."

"Glad to see you're okay. I would have come, but I don't know how well that would have gone down with... everyone." YN nodded, forcing a chuckle. "Hey, are you busy?" YN felt her body shutting down, exhaustion settling deep into her bones.

"Nope," She whispered, shaking her head. The movement sent her off balance, her body stumbling slightly.

"Are you okay? You look really pale." YN blinked, trying to keep her eyes open.

"Shit, I think I'm going to-" Bucky watched in horror as YN's eyes rolled back, her body crumbling to the floor quickly, Bucky reaching her just in time to stop her head hitting the ground roughly.

Bucky scooped her up, racing her into the medical bay. T'Challa was in there, getting some stitches in his arm from the fight he'd had earlier. "We need some help! She passed out." Bucky hurried over to a bed, placing the unconscious woman down, letting a nurse look over her. Bucky and T'Challa stood nearby, biting at their nails watching the nurse try to rouse YN from her state.

"I'm going to go get Sam." Bucky whispered, receiving a nod from T'Challa, who didn't take his eyes off of the woman. Bucky ran through the halls of the castle, checking Sam's room which was empty, then moving to Steve's to hopefully find him there. Bursting in, Steve had his head in his hands, Sam's hand on his back. "Sam!" Bucky puffed out, nodding his head toward the door.

"What, Buck?" Bucky grunted, moving to Sam's side and grabbing his arm.

"YN passed out, she's in the infirmary now." Steve and Sam jumped up, both headed toward the door in a rushed manner.

They got to the medical room a few seconds later, Sam immediately moving to YN's side. The young woman was slowly trying to open her eyes, looking around to where everyone was looking at her. She lifted her hand up and noticed an IV line there.

"Hi, YN." The nurse started, smiling at her. "You collapsed a little while ago, can you tell me where you are?" YN nodded, answering her question correctly. "Fantastic, do you know what day it is?" YN followed her instruction and answered the next few questions correctly, everyone around her holding their breaths. "Okay, it seems you fainted due to dehydration, lack of nutrition and over-exhaustion." YN nodded, looking at her hands.

"Okay, thank you for helping me." The nurse nodded, advising her that she will receive IV treatment over the next six hours to replenish her. YN watched as T'Challa and the nurse went over to the other side of the room, finishing up the stitching of his arm.

"How are you feeling?" Sam whispered, perching on the edge of her bed, Steve and Bucky hovering behind him.

"Tired." She whispered, smiling sadly at Sam. "I'm sorry I scared you." She added, grabbing his hand. YN looked up and into Steve's eyes, the blue irises already focused on her face.

"You need to take care of yourself, YN. When was the last time you ate something? Drank something? Or gotten any sleep?" YN huffed at Sam's interrogation, looking down guiltily.

"I don't know." She replied with a shrug of her shoulders. "I got a few hours on the plane earlier?" She tried to smile, tears gathering in her eyes instead. "Fuck, now you're making me cry." Sam laughed sadly, placing a hand on her cheek.

"That would be the exhaustion, baby. Do you want me to stay?" YN shook her head, sniffing back a sob.

"It's okay." She said, voice thick with emotion as she tried to battle back tears. "I just need some sleep, Sammy." Sam nodded, leaning over to press a kiss to YN's forehead. He stood, smiling at Bucky as he passed.

"Can I talk to you, man?" Bucky nodded, following the shorter man from the room.

Steve stood awkward, scratching the back of his neck. "Uh, can I sit?" YN nodded, still fighting with her emotions. "It's okay if you want to sleep, I just need to... watch you for a bit. Make sure you're okay." YN nodded watching Steve look down to his hands.

"Steve." YN choked out, her feelings finally giving in and letting tears slip from her eyes. Steve looked up, gasping when he saw the usually composed woman let her inner feelings truly show. He surged forward, slipping onto the bed next to her. YN gripped onto him, sobbing into his chest. "I'm sorry, I- I'm sorry." YN repeated, trying to bring the blonde man closer.

"What are you sorry for?" Steve said, eyebrows furrowing.

"I'm not usually like this." YN whispered, trying to reel in her emotion.

"YN, you're exhausted. It's going to mess with you a bit." YN nodded, her eyes slipping closed as she leaned against the bigger man. "Sleep. I'm right here with you." YN sniffled, moving slightly to get more comfortable. Within minutes, Steve felt her ragged breathing even out, her body laxing against his.

T'Challa watched from across the room as the two cuddled into each other. Understanding dawned on him, and a small, sad smile flittered across his lips. The blonde man lifted his eyes, setting them upon the king with a guilty expression. T'Challa smiled a genuine smile, nodding his head to show there were no hard feelings.

Steve smiled, relieved he hadn't hurt T'Challa's feelings. "Thank you." He mouthed, leaning his head down and onto the quietly snoring woman next to him. 

**I. HAVE. TINGLES. OMFG 

that is all (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 162 13
Third installment to Beyond Her Eyes YN hasn't been seen since she left Avengers compound with tears in her eyes and a plane ticket to the furthest...
340K 12.2K 62
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Howard Stark's younger sister becomes an inventor and falls for the blue-eyed super-soldier steve rogers x grace stark (oc) captain a...
115K 2.8K 31
After you're found beaten and bruised on the road by Bucky, you form a beautiful friendship. He takes you to the Avengers compound and the mystery ar...
268K 7.2K 42
BOOK 1 About five years ago, a one night stand tore Bucky's life apart. It was also the night before his wedding. Now he's married to her sister and...