Hazy Shade of Winter [ON HOLD...

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Adriana was born on October 1, 1989 like 42 other children. Like the others, she was far from ordinary. She... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
Prologue
01
02
03
04
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
Playlist II
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20

05

1.2K 35 1
By TheQuietHufflepuff

Five leaned over the doctor's desk in a bright white office while Klaus and Adriana stood to the side.

The doctor Five had talked to prior frowned. "As I said to your son earlier, any information about the prosthetics we build is strictly confidential. Without the client's consent, I simply can't help you."

Five narrowed his eyes. "Well, we can't get consent if you don't give us a name."

He shrugged. "Well, that's not my problem."

Klaus winked at Five before looking back at the doctor. "And what about my consent?"

The doctor frowned. "Excuse me?"

Klaus narrowed his eyes. "Who gave you permission to lay your hands... on my son and daughter?" He pretended to tear up.

Adriana glanced at Klaus with a bewildered expression.

Five glowered at the doctor who said, "What?"

Klaus pointed at Five while glaring. "Oh, you heard me."

"I didn't touch your son or daughter," the doctor said.

Klaus scoffed. "Oh, really? Then how did he get that swollen lip, then? And how did she get that bloody nose?"

Next thing Five knew, Klaus punched his face and Adriana's nose. Five's hand instantly went to his lip to find out that it was bleeding. He glanced to see that Adriana's nose was also bleeding and he glared at his brother. Adriana's eyes flashed and the air turned colder as she glared at Klaus.

Klaus turned back to the doctor. "I want it. Name, please. Now."

The doctor's eyes widened. "You're crazy."

Klaus laughed. "You got no idea." He picked up the snow globe from the desk and studied it. "'Peace on earth.' That's so sweet." He smashed the snow globe over his head, causing shards to fly everywhere and blood to drip down his face.

"God, that hurt!" He cried and picked up the phone. "There's been an assault in Mr. Big's office and we need security now. Schnell!"

The doctor reached for the phone and Klaus stopped him. "Now, here's what's gonna happen, Grant."

"I-it's Lance."

Klaus continued, ignoring the doctor's comment. "In about 60 seconds, two security guards are gonna burst through that door and they're gonna see a whole lot of blood, and they're gonna wonder, 'What the hell happened?'" Five smiled smugly at the doctor.

Klaus pretended to sob. "And we're gonna tell them that you...beat the shit out of us." He stood up straighter and smiled. "You're gonna fit right in, little piece of chicken like you. Oh, my God, you're gonna get passed around like a..." he paused, "...little bitch. Yeah, yeah. You're just--you're gonna do great. That's all I'm saying."

Five smiled from the back. Adriana smirked as the temperature slowly rose.

The doctor narrowed his eyes at Klaus. "Jesus; you are a real sick bastard."

"Thank you," Klaus replied.

Lance looked through his files and frowned. "Huh. That's strange."

"What?" Five asked.

"Well, the eye. It's just, it hasn't been purchased by a client yet." His frown deepened. "This can't be right. It says that it hasn't even been manufactured yet." He gave the three a look. "Where did you get that eye?"

Five took that as their cue to leave.

As they walked out of the office, Five looked at his brother and said in a low, threatening voice, "You hurt Ana again and I'll hurt you."

They left the hospital and climbed back into the van. Something caught Five's eye and he mumbled, "Well, this is not good."

Klaus grinned, completely unaware of Five's worry. "I was pretty good though, right? Yeah, 'What about my consent, bitch?'" He laughed as he remembered what had happened.

Five glanced to him and frowned. "Klaus, it doesn't matter."

"What's so important about this eye, anyway?" Adriana asked.

Five sighed. "There's someone out there who's going to lose an eye in the next seven days. They're gonna bring about the end of life on this earth as we know it."

"Yeah, can I get that 20 bucks, like now, or what?" Klaus questioned.

Five frowned at his brother. "The apocalypse is coming and all you can think about is getting high?"

Klaus shrugged. "Well, I'm also quite hungry. Tummy's a rumblin'." He pretended his stomach was rumbling.

Five rolled his eyes. "You're useless. You're all useless. Ana's the only one who isn't."

"I've just now realized why you're so uptight. You must be horny as hell. All those years by yourself. It's gotta screw with your head, being alone."

Five shook his head. "No, I wasn't alone. I had Dolores. And later Adriana. We were together for over 30 years. Ana and I for a short while before I traveled to now."

Klaus laughed. "30 years? Oh, wow!" He then let out a sigh. "God. The longest I've been with someone was... I don't know, three weeks. And that's only because I was so tired of looking for a place to sleep-"

Five glared at his brother and left in a taxi before mockingly saluting to Klaus and said to Adriana, "Try to keep him out of trouble, okay? I'll see you later."

Immediately, Klaus protested. "Hey, hey, hey. What about my money?"

Adriana sighed. "Come on."

The two made their way back to the Umbrella Academy mansion.

---

That night, Adriana heard a rustling and went to investigate. She found Five in a ripped uniform and noticed blood on his arm. He was holding a duffel bag tightly to his chest.

"Five?" she called softly. "Oh, God. What happened to you?"

His head whipped to face. "I'm okay."

"You don't look okay. Let me help. Please."

He nodded, accepting her offer, and she began cleaning his wound. She jumped at a figure before realizing it was a mannequin.

Five gave her a small smile. "That's Dolores. She helped me a lot, but will never compare to you."

Adriana smiled lightly. "Hello there, Dolores. Five, what happened to you when you jumped through time? How do we stop the apocalypse?"

"We can't. We tried. You all did. I walked around the ruins to figure out what had happened, and I saw a hand clutching an eye. I didn't realize it was Luther at first."

"So the eye is crucial to the apocalypse."

"Yeah. I don't know why Luther was holding the eye so tightly, but whoever it belonged to, must be important."

"But what happened to us?"

"You all died. You and my family. Seeing you all laying there, seeing you, I just- I never want to see that again, Ana."

"Laying where? Where were we?"

Five met her eyes. "Under the rubble."

"What rubble?"

"The mansion's rubble."

Adriana stumbled back into a wall with a fearful expression.

FLASHBACK

Five noticed an eyeball in a big hand. It was covered in blood and dirt, but he grabbed it anyway. He figured it had to be important. He decided to see who had been holding an eye. His breath hitched when he realized it was Luther.

If Luther was here, the chances were high that his other siblings were as well. He saw Allison's curly hair. Diego was laying flat next to her; both of them covered in bricks and rubble.

He looked for Klaus. Behind him, he noticed a lanky man with his face squished into a pile of bricks with an arm stretched out. Five noticed the tattoo of an umbrella on his arm. The same tattoo Five himself had.

Five noticed the body of a brunette girl and wondered who she was. Though he didn't recognize her, he couldn't deny her beauty.

END OF FLASHBACK

Adriana's eyes widened as she asked quietly, "You can stop this, right?"

Five met her eyes. "I don't know if I can."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 59 11
On the first day of October, 1989, forty-three women around the world simultaneously gave birth. None of the women showed any prior signs of pregnanc...
9.6K 205 25
Jupiter Hargreaves is one of the 43 infants born in 1989 although unfortunately for her she was not originally picked for the academy. Though when sh...
58K 972 23
Keely wasn't born on October 1st, 1989 like the rest of The Umbrella Academy. She was born almost two years later on August 14th 1991. Although she w...
162K 3.3K 28
"๐—•๐˜‚๐˜ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ป'๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ฑ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜†๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด, ๐—™๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ." "๐—œ ๐—ฎ๐—บ. ๐—œ'๐—บ ๐—ฎ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ฑ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—น...