GREEN. GREY. ZAYDE.✔

By ChocoChipQueen

"Even in the times of extreme darkness and sadness, we would find a star, a light in our lives, lighting up o... More

CHARACTERS!!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter#1
Bonus Chapter #2

Chapter 4

1.8K 68 12
By ChocoChipQueen

Ah Art, it was one of my favourite subjects. I loved painting and drawing and sculpting and basically putting colour to blank pieces of paper. If I didn't want to study catering, I would study art. I even have a camera, I love taking pictures.

As I brushed colourful strokes into my paper, I felt my joyful mood deflate once I came back to reality. In reality, my parents want me to study Law, not catering, and in reality, my parents don't really want me spending time at the diner, saying it takes to much time off my studies, in reality, none of my plans to study catering will even see the light of day. In reality, I'm just wasting my time. This realisation dampens my mood, and I suddenly feel sad as I keep my stuff.

Our teacher, Miss Lewis walks in. "Good morning everyone!" She says in a cheerful voice, which obviously doesn't sit well with some people who groan and cover their ears. Probably not morning people.

"Alright, listen up class, today, we're going to be starting a different topic in Art. We will see how art relates to our lives, and our emotions. Art can be used to describe m-" She stopped abruptly when someone entered the room. Z, who else. He was breathing heavily, like he'd been running. His eyes ran over the room, landing on me before he walked in, sitting beside me.

Wait, since when does he have this class?
Then again, I don't pay much attention to people, he must have been here all along.

He nodded his head in some sort of greeting and I just smiled in response. Miss Lewis continues to talk about art and how it applies to our lives and emotions but I'm barely listening.

His presence alone makes my skin prickle with goosebumps and suddenly, I'm aware of everything he does. I can hear him breathe, and how his chest rises and falls as he does so. I can hear his thumbs brushing the desk ever so slightly. I can hear his legs slide out from under the desk. My fingers itch to touch his hair when his hand runs through it. I can see his lips tip up on one side as he smirks at me....wait what?

"Miss Jones?" I hear my name which brings me out of my reverie, letting me know I spaced out.

"Miss Jones have you been listening?" Miss Lewis asks, a frown on her face, she knows I have never spaced out in Art before. She genuinely looks concerned.

"No ma'am." I mumbled feeling embarrassed.

"Anything up?" She asks, know that I've had "issues" in the past. My cheeks turned red.

"No, but thanks for asking." At this point I can feel all eyes on me, their stares burning holes into my face.

"That's fine, pay attention okay?"

I nodded my answer. Miss Lewis smiled and went back to teaching.

I turned to the boy beside me, to see his gaze already on me. His look was a mixture of curiosity and amusement, and in order not to get lost in his mesmerising grey orb, I turned to face the teacher. From the corner of my eye, I could see that the smirk hadn't left his face. I blushed.

"Now class, take a good look at the person next to you, because that person is go to be your partner for the next six months. Any project that requires a partner will have you and you seatmate working together."

As I heard Miss Lewis speak, I froze. Z was my partner, Z was my partner, Oh my God Z was my partner!!!

I was at the verge of passing out when I realised this, meanwhile Z just gave me a look that was a promise of things to come. Oh brother.

"Now as your project work, each pair will have to discuss about a special place to them, and paint it together." Miss Lewis finished off just as the bell rang.

Wait, discuss? Connection? Paint TOGETHER? Eff my life.

At lunch time, I explained my predicament to Jade.

"Oh my God! You actually get to spend time with Archer? That's amazing!" She screeched, and I could see a flicker of jealousy in her eyes.

"No that's terrible. He barely even moves, how are we supposed to talk, let along work together?" I groaned.

"If I were you girl, I'd seize this opportunity. You know "catch" him." She winked. I caught on to what she was saying.

"You want me to seduce him?" I asked incredulously.

"No, no, just flirt, show some skin, okay yes, seduce him." She smirked. "Think of it, you'll be the only one besides Anastasia to get him."

"Ha! No thanks, I already have enough to deal with. I don't need the Wicked Witch of the West on my trail."

"But seeing how she was glaring daggers at you, I think you already are."

"Great, now I have to handle Maleficent." I grumbled.

"Cheer up, I will, just by thinking of the hottie I'm meeting later." She winked again, I groaned.

I headed out in search of Z once I realised we hadn't arranged where to meet up. I heard from a girl, who heard from a guy, who heard from a girl who heard from Lyla, one of Anastasia's minions that he was back at the Art classroom, so I rushed over there, cursing my forgetfulness.

As I approached, I heard the unmistakable voice of Anastasia.

"-has to be a mistake. I should be paired with Archer." She whined.

Cue eyeroll.

I don't know how Miss Lewis was surviving, but shrill voice just made me want to go deaf.

"Miss Cross, I have already chosen the partners. I stand by my decision, I will not change it." Miss Lewis replied. I could imagine her rubbing her forehead.

"That's ridiculous! My father will hear of this!" Oh great, the Daddy card. "This is an insult! I should be paired with Archer, we live close, and are much closer in social status, it would only be fair on both of us if we were paired together! Instead, he ends up with that low-life piece of trash, that can't even find decent enough clothes from the donation box! No one understands him like I do, no one! You can't have him paired with someone who doesn't understand him! That little shit bag is too fat, stupid and dumb to take care of my-"

"I'm going to have to stop you there." I growl, deciding to make my presence known. I was literally shaking with fury, and if not for the presence of a stressed out Miss Lewis, and a neutral Z, I would have knocked this bitch down and clawed her eyes out. How dare she. I wish I could behead the bitch but that's a bit too violent. Right?

"Well Anastasia, this "low-life piece of trash" has an appointment with her partner so if your highness will excuse us, we'd be on her way." I seethe, spitting every word out like poison.

I am aware that I am acting out of character, and that this could blow my cover, but what I wouldn't give to rip out her hair extensions and deflate the fake balloons she calls her boobs.

"Well, you've gotten so desperate, shows how much of a needy whore you are you fat pig."

As those words come out of her mouth, I can't hold back, I lift my hand, my closed fist aimed squarely at her jaw but my hand is held back by Z? I see him staring down at me with pleading eyes and I drop my hand.

Anna sees this and yells: "You man stealing-"

"Miss Cross, principal's office now!" Our Art teacher practically roars. I've never seen her so angry in my life, she's usually so happy and cheerful. I guess Anastasia brings out the worst in everybody.

The spoilt brat tries to protest but Miss Lewis gives her a look the if looks could kill she'd be at the earth's core. Anastasia huffs and stomps away.

"Are you alright dear?" Miss Lewis said turning to me. I shrugged in response, what is there to say? She nods and tells I and Z that she needs to go and supervise the judgment on Anastasia and quickly rushes out of the room.

"Are we doing the project at yours or mine?" I suddenly blurt out.

Great question Skye, just great.

He raises a brow at me as if not believing that just came out of my mouth, I can't believe it either really.

He points to himself.

"Yours?" He nods. "Okay then." I mumble awkwardly.

He just grabs my hand, leading me to where I assume is his car. I ignore the sparks dancing across my arm as he leads me or the way my heartbeat picks up as we approach his black beauty. I'm not very good with cars, but I know it's expensive, and it's a make I'm not really familiar with. Judging by the sleek black look, I'd have to sell my soul to buy this. It practically screams money.

He opens the passenger door for me before getting in himself. I smile at him and mumble a thank you. I quickly bring out my phone to text my mum and let her know about the project. Just as I keep it, my eyes catch the sight of Anastasia, her father and the principal. The two men seem to be in a heated conversation but Anna's eyes aren't anywhere near them, they are focused on me, the scowl on her face reserved for me.

This serves to rekindle my rage as I recall what she said earlier. Z must notice this because he places his big warm hand on my smaller one, squeezing for comfort. But I'm too angry to notice or do anything about it.

Suddenly, a voice breaks through the tension.

"Skylar, calm down it's okay, she's not worth it." A smooth voice says, a notable accent in his voice. Realisation hits me like a ton of bricks. Z just spoke! Z just spoke?!?!

"The name's Zayde luv." He chuckles. Oops, did I say that out loud?

"Yes you did Skye." I gasp as I turn to face him and see him smiling, a dimple popping in his left cheek. I gasp again at how surreal it looks but at the same time how beautiful it is.

"Z-Zayde?" I question.

"Yeah, with a Z, and an E, and a Y,  and a D, and an A....not in that order." He chuckled somewhat bashfully while my mouth opened and closed like a fish.

"Not much to say?" He say cocking his head to the side.

"You ta-talk? Y-you can t-talk?" I stammer out.

"Course I talk, I've got a voice." He says.

"Your accent," I say again. "It's British."

"English," He corrects me. "Yeah, I was born there." He shrugged.

I couldn't believe my ears, this was all too much to take in, the accent made him even more attractive.

"Skylar," I shivered at the way my name rolled off his tongue. "You ready to ride." I blush at his choice of words. He notices this and chuckles.

"Dirty girl, I mean wanna come over to mine now? You look dry, maybe you need a drink?" He smirked.

"Sure, let's go to yours." I manage to croak out without stammering, my mouth feeling dry. He winks making me blush harder.

I seriously don't know where this attitude is coming from but I'm really not complaining. I find my mind drifting back to what Jade said before I stop myself.

Fight it Skye!

But he's so hot!

Don't give in!

I want to taste- woah, woah, woah, where did that come from?

I glance at Zayde in the drivers seat, tapping his fingers against the wheel in tune with whatever song is coming out the radio. He knows I'm staring, I see his lips quirk.

Suddenly, the car feels so small now, I can barely breathe. The air conditioner is doing nothing for me. I nearly bite my hand when it feels the sudden urge to grab his messy locks of hair. I gulp. God what is wrong with me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 86 30
I fell for a boy with the kindest blue eyes, and a charming dimple. He made me feel loved, and cared for, and most importantly he made me feel safe i...
11.1K 851 51
How did it come down to this? Standing in the hallways, the known bad boy of town defending her, the freak, from barbie one, barbie two, and deadbrai...
643 93 13
"Oh Lord, please let me die faster so that I won't have to see this ugly face ever again." "Aww, I'm flattered to hear that your wishes are dedicated...
3.1M 78.1K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...