Found Family (HoO, Mortal AU)

By Marauders-arise

12 students, with dark twisted paths, find each other when they need it most. But could these teenagers truly... More

Author's Note
LEO VALDEZ
NICO DI ANGELO
ANNABETH CHASE
JASON GRACE
PIPER MCLEAN
FRANK ZHANG
WILL SOLACE
HAZEL LEVESQUE
PERCY JACKSON
REYNA AVILA RAMIREZ-ARELLANO
LEO VALDEZ
NICO DI ANGELO
ANNABETH CHASE
JASON GRACE
PIPER MCLEAN
FRANK ZHANG
HAZEL LEVESQUE
WILL SOLACE
PERCY JACKSON
REYNA AVILA RAMIREZ-ARELLANO
LEO VALDEZ
NICO DI ANGELO
DETENTION
PIPER'S HOUSE
ANNABETH CHASE
JASON GRACE
FUN FAIR
SLEEPOVER
PIPER MCLEAN
JASON GRACE
WILL SOLACE
RACHEL ELIZABETH DARE
LEO VALDEZ
PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCE
SCHOOL STAY AWAKE
HALLOWEEN
LEO VALDEZ
THE 'BROKEN' TRIO
REYNA AVILA RAMIREZ-ARELLANO
WILL SOLACE
NICO DI ANGELO
THE SOLACES
THANKSGIVING
LEO VALDEZ
PIPER MCLEAN
NICO DI ANGELO
JASON GRACE
GROVER UNDERWOOD
CHAPTER 50
THE CAFETERIA
RACHEL ELIZABETH DARE
ANNABETH CHASE
REYNA AVILA RAMIREZ-ARELLANO
HAZEL LEVESQUE
JASON GRACE
NICO DI ANGELO
PERCY JACKSON
LEO VALDEZ
CHRISTMAS
FRANK ZHANG
LEO VALDEZ
THE 'BROKEN' /DUO/
HAPPY NEW YEAR
WILL SOLACE
PIPER MCLEAN
NICO DI ANGELO
ANNABETH CHASE
NICO DI ANGELO
RACHEL ELIZABETH DARE
PROM
PERCY JACKSON
LEO VALDEZ
ANNABETH CHASE
THE CHASES
PIPER MCLEAN
MAGNUS CHASE
REYNA AVILA RAMIREZ-ARELLANO
WILL SOLACE
PIPER MCLEAN
ANNABETH CHASE
PERCY JACKSON
WILL SOLACE
NICO DI ANGELO
PERCY JACKSON
FRANK ZHANG
JASON GRACE
THE GRACES
PIPER MCLEAN
JASON'S BIRTHDAY
FOURTH OF JULY
ANNABETH CHASE
THE WEDDING
PERCY JACKSON
JASON GRACE
LEO VALDEZ
THE FUNERAL
NICO DI ANGELO
ANNABETH CHASE
FRANK ZHANG
HAZEL LEVESQUE
LEO VALDEZ
RACHEL ELIZABETH DARE
PERCY JACKSON
EPILOUGE P1
EPILOUGE P2

PERCY JACKSON

1.9K 62 85
By Marauders-arise

When the bell rang to end the school day, Percy's life became a whole lot weirder.

He walked outside with the Stoll brothers, Katie and Annabeth, just like everyday.
"Uh," Travis said. "Gotta go. He's mad at me because I ran out of English class."
Travis ran away, over to Pollux and Castor who always insisted on walking back to the apartment complex.

Percy didn't know who 'he' was, until he looked over to his mom's car. Then he looked over to Annabeth, Katie and Connor.
"Is my mom talking to Mr Blowfish?"
"Yup," Annabeth nodded. "Did you get into trouble today? Maybe he's talking about that?"
"No, I never get into trouble,"
"Right."

"Sure," Connor said. "But why else would your mother communicate with him."
"Why are you all so mean to Mr Blofis?" Katie asked.
Connor shrugged. "Funny?"

Percy got into the front seat of the car anyway.
"I'll see you later," Sally continued talking to Mr Blofis, before he went back into the school.
"Huh?" Percy asked.
Sally frowned. "What?"
"Why were you talking to Mr Blowfish?"
"Oh, Tyson left one of his toys back at our apartment. I was just returning it to Paul."
"Who is Tyson?"
"Paul's son."

Percy thought for a minute. "Wait, why was Blowfish's son at our apartment?"
Annabeth, Connor and Katie seemed to be getting more uncomfortable. They were all being quiet for once.
"The night of your stay awake, I looked after Tyson since Paul had to go into the school." Sally kept her eyes on the road.
"Wait, what?!"
"We can talk about it when we get home."

• • •

Annabeth, Connor and Katie were extremely quick to leave the car.
Sally and Percy walked back to their apartment in silence. Until Percy closed the door behind him.
"Percy, I've been meaning to talk to you."
"No shit." He muttered.

"Last Saturday, I went out with Paul." She said.
"And you didn't think of telling me?"
"I was waiting for the right time."
"The right time?! You should've told me on Saturday. What if something happened?" Percy yelled.
"Percy, he's been your English teacher since you were fifteen. You know he's a good guy."
"No I don't! Just because he seems nice doesn't mean he is."

Sally sighed. "I know you're concerned but I can look after myself. You don't need to worry about me."
"You just don't get it!"
"Percy, sweetie-"
Percy went into his room and slammed the door.

After five minutes, there was a knock on the door. Percy had already thrown half his things across the room in frustration.
"Just leave me alone," he said.
"Percy, open the door."

As much as he wanted to stay stubborn and block her out, he couldn't help but open the door.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, sweetie. I knew it'd be hard for you." Sally said.
"I don't mind that you didn't tell me, I guess. I don't know."

Sally didn't say anything, just listened, so Percy spoke again.
"I mean- I don't mind you going on more dates with him. I just-" Percy sighed, not knowing what to say. He couldn't describe how he felt. "I'm worried. I don't know. Gabe was with us for almost 18 years, I don't remember ever growing up without him. He was an asshole. Since he was the closest thing I had to a father figure I guess I just think every man is the same. A potential asshole. It's stupid."

Sally looked like she was going to cry. "It's not stupid. I know how you feel. Look- I know last time it didn't go well, but if you want me to get you a therapist I will. Or if there is any way I can help. If you want me to stop seeing Paul then I'm completely fine with that."
"You are not sacrificing your happiness for me again. I'm okay with you seeing Paul. As long as he doesn't make me read Shakespeare," Percy joked. "As for therapy, I don't know."

The last time he had a therapist was when he was 13. He was still in Yancy Academy but wasn't a good kid. Between his anger issues and trauma from Bianca's death, he became quite troubled. He didn't want to go to therapy, so he tried to fight the therapist. He never went back.

"You can take as much time as you need to decide. And I wouldn't be 'sacrificing my happiness'. You're the greatest joy in my life, Percy and nothing will change that," she hugged him. "Do you know why I named you Perseus?"
Percy shrugged. "Because it means destroyer and that sounds cool."
"Well, back then I really loved Greek myths. I used to read them for you when you were a kid, remember? Well, Perseus was one of the only heroes with a happy ending. I hope you can have a happy ending, too."

Percy smiled. "Cute but I think 'destroyer' is cooler. Maybe you should go out with Mr Brunner instead."
Sally laughed. "Very funny. Oh crap- I have cookies in the oven, they better not be burnt!" She left Percy's room quickly.

• • •

Percy walked out to the stables. He didn't know anything about horses but he still went out. He was the only one there, which he didn't mind. He wanted time to think.

He stayed there for a while, even though it was freezing. Then Annabeth walked in. Percy smiled at her. He was used to being around her, they seen each other everyday, both at school and at home.
"Hey, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth said.
"Hi, Annabeth. What's up?"

"Eh," Annabeth shrugged. "Not much. My parents and brothers aren't home and I was bored so I came out here. Is everything okay, by the way?"
"What- ohh. Right. The car thing. Uhm, yeah. Just a misunderstanding."
"Oh, alright," she smiled. "Do you have the English homework?"
Percy almost laughed. "Nope. I'll just- I don't know, blackmail, bribe Mr Blofis."
"Excuse me?"
"Nothing." He smiled.

"Hey!" Annabeth playfully hit him. "You can't just say that and leave me hanging!"
"Alright, alright, alright. My mom was talking to Mr Blofis this evening because- drumroll-"
Annabeth rolled her eyes.
"Drumroll!" Percy repeated.
Annabeth tapped her hands on one of the gates.
"Because," he continued. "My mom went on a date with him."
"Really?! She exclaimed.
"Really. Honestly, I don't know how to feel about it. But pros versus cons. Pros, I don't have to do my English homework. Cons, Paul freaking Blowfish."

Annabeth laughed. "Not like you did your homework before now."
"Sorry that you're such a perfect student." Percy joked.
She scoffed. "I don't do my homework either, trust me. It's dumb."
"But you're like- top of the class."
"That doesn't mean I do my homework. I simply copy Will's. When he doesn't do it, I hide in the bathroom for half the class. None of the teachers ever suspect it."
"I'm totally telling Mr Blofis on you!"
"He'd never believe you."
"Yes he would!"
"No he wouldn't."
"Whatever."

Annabeth just smiled. "I'll always be his favourite."
"You are not his favourite."
"Then who is?"
Percy thought for a second. "Uhm-"
"Exactly," she pulled her coat tighter around herself, shivering. "It's freezing out here. We better go inside."
"Right," Percy hadn't even noticed the cold while talking to Annabeth, but as soon as she mentioned it he realized his hands were completely numb. He checked the time. "Crap. My mom's making dinner. I didn't realize how long we've been out here."

They walked inside together, laughing and talking. Annabeth walked the whole way back to his apartment, then stood outside for a few minutes, finishing the conversation. Sally opened the door.
"Oh, there you are! Come on, your dinner is getting cold. Ah, hello Annabeth. How are you?"
Annabeth smiled. "I'm good, thanks. I'll go- I mean better get going. See you later."

"You can always stay for dinner if you want," Sally offered.
"Oh, thanks but I'm sure my stepmom has made something-"
Percy frowned. "Didn't you say she wasn't home?" he whispered.

[ANNABETH CHASE]

Part of her wanted to stay. She didn't want to leave. They were both lovely, which was the main problem. She was scared of getting close to them. She was scared of having a family-like relationship with them, knowing they'd eventually leave like everyone else.

"Uhm-"
"There's loads extra if you do want dinner," Sally smiled.
"If you're sure, uhm, I mean-"
"Come on in," Percy said.
"Thank you so, so much," Annabeth said. She didn't want to seem like an inconvenience but they truly didn't seem to mind. She sat down at the table.

[PERCY JACKSON]

Sally had to be the best cook alive. The best cook to have ever lived.
He talked to Annabeth non-stop while eating. Sally, too. She and Annabeth got along well, though Sally kept smiling and leaving the two of them alone at the table to go to the bathroom or go outside to make a phone call. Percy thought she might've been talking to Mr Blofis, but it still seemed like there was more to it.

Percy chose to not pay too much attention to it. He walked Annabeth back to her apartment.
Once he got back to apartment three, he understood why Sally was acting strangely during dinner.
"So, you and Annabeth?"
"Hm?" Percy said, cleaning the dishes.
"Oh, don't act so clueless!"
"What? Oh, you don't mean- no. No. Annabeth is just one of my best friends. Don't be stupid."

It also made Percy think about how he'd seen Jason at the complex that day- he didn't know whether something was going on with him and Annabeth or not.
Sally laughed. "Don't call your mother stupid!"

———

Word Count: 1601

———

A/N: *whispers* percabethhhhh

And 40 chapters. Wow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

605K 14.7K 34
Diana Featherington is the only child of the younger brother of the Baron Featherington. With the passing of both parents Diana has lived with the Ba...
1.1M 44.3K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
110K 5.5K 53
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...