King of Hearts (A Steve Roger...

By smellslikehotgorlshi

Sam Wilson and YN King grew up together, served in the air force together, lost friends and family together... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Epilogue
Books By Annabelle

Chapter Four

4.5K 132 17
By smellslikehotgorlshi

---------------------------------------------------------

TWO YEARS LATER

---------------------------------------------------------

YN was sitting in her lounge room, flicking through the channels on the television when a familiar face caught her eyes. Sitting up straight, she turned up the volume, leaning closer to the screen.

"....this just in. Captain America, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier have been apprehended after a large scale motorway chase this afternoon. This comes after the bombing of the UN just days ago, thought to be the work of The Winter Soldier. The men were sighted in Bucharest, Romania earlier this afternoon, and detained shortly thereafter. What's now lies in the future for the two men told to be part of Earth's mightiest heroes..." YN switched off the television, slumping in her seat with a pit in her stomach.

YN was sick of seeing her old friend's face on her screen every other night. The thought of him made her spiral nearly every time. Her feelings would bubble up, anger, sadness and mostly regret. Regret for not fighting him to stay.

YN was at the kitchen bench, chopping carrots when her phone rang, the screen showing it was her mother. "Ma, what's up?" She called, placing the phone down with the call on speaker phone.

"Hey, baby." Her mother's rough voice started. "Just wanted to check in with you." YN rolled her eyes.

"I'm guessing you've seen the news then?" Her mother confirmed. "I'm fine. Sam's living his life the way he wants to. It's none of my business." YN's mother sighed, YN listening to her rant on about holding grudges and what it does to your frown lines. "Ma, hold on I'm getting another call." She lifted her phone, stomach dropping as she saw the words 'Sam Wilson' pop up. Sending the phone to voicemail, she went back to the call with her mother. "Sorry, telemarketer."

YN sat and watched a movie that night, scrolling her social media on her phone. A news article about a fight at a Germany airport popped up and her instincts made her click on it. She flung herself into a sitting position as she read about the 'rogue' Avengers being detained in Germany, after a big fight between them all. She tried to sypher out his name, but they weren't giving too many details.

"Fuck, Sam. If you're dead, I'm going to kill you." She muttered to herself, running a hand through her long hair stressfully.

Two days later, YN was sitting in the car park of the VA, head rested against the steering wheel as she snored lightly. Sleep had been scarce the last few days, her nights spent in front of the television, stomach curling with anxiety. Her shift had ended two hours ago, but YN couldn't keep her eyes open.

The sound of her phone ringing reefed her from slumber, her hand fumbling blindly for her phone. "Ma, I told you. I'm fine."

"So your Ma's worried? Should I be worried?" YN's breath caught in her throat, a large lump forming there.

"Sam?" She whispered, pulling the phone back to see private number labeled there. "Where are you? Are you okay?" She asked, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Hey, princess. We need to breathe, remember? Big breath in, count to five, let it out." YN chuckled, smiling through her tears.

"I miss you so much, Sammy." She said, voice barely audible.

"I miss you too, beautiful." Sam replied, sighing down the phone.

"Where are you?" YN asked again, bringing her hand up to her mouth to bite at her fingernails.

"I can't say." He whispered, choking on his own breath.

"No, Sam. Tell me. I'll come to you." YN pleaded, leaning back in her seat. "Please, Sam. You're all I have left here, please."

"Baby, don't make this harder. I'm just calling to tell you I'm okay. We are sorting it out. I just want you to know that I love you, and I will talk to you as soon as I can." Sam said, his own tears slipping down his face as he turned his back on Steve.

"Sam- I- Please." YN tried to breathe in, not able to fill her lungs. "Please don't, I can't lose you too."

"You aren't losing me, YN. Please breathe. I've got to go. Deep breaths, baby." The line ended and YN cried out, crumbling into the seat.

---------------------------------------------------------

TWO WEEKS LATER

---------------------------------------------------------

YN walked over to the receptionist, sending the woman a nice smile. The other woman raised a brow, looking YN up and down snobbishly. Defeated, YN placed her files down for the day and left the building. Sliding into her car, she checked her phone for the millionth time that day. Nothing.

YN sighed, resting back against her head rest. Her phone started vibrating in her hand, excitedly, YN looked at the unknown number, quickly placing it against her ear. "Hello?"

"Is this YN King?" The caller asked, his deep voice intimidating.

"This is her." She huffed out, disappointed with who she was talking to.

"We are wanting to question you in regards to the current whereabouts of Captain Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson, we are aware you may have had contact with them." YN scrunched her nose up.

"I haven't spoken to Sam in years." She grunted, rolling her shoulders back to ease the tension there.

"Miss King, please. We don't want to enforce anything, but if you are not cooperative, we will need to take legal action against you, we will not hesitate to use force." YN sucked in a breath at the man's words.

"I'm sorry, sir. Let me rephrase this in a way you might understand. Sam and I have not spoken in two years. He isn't my friend, nor would I hide anything from you about his current location. Now, unless you have a warrant for my arrest or request a hearing formally, I will not be speaking with you again." She bluffed, heart racing.

"Miss-" YN quickly ended the call, hairs on her neck standing up as she started perspiring with anxiety.

"Fuck." She whispered, starting her car and leaving the carpark rapidly. Once she was home, she packed a bag of belongings, looking around Sam's old house. Looking toward the closet, she heaved a breath.

Running to it, YN grabbed her gun case, opening it up to ensure her ammunition was within it as well. Shoving her bags into the boot, YN glanced at her phone, tapping her foot nervously. Before she left, she tapped on a number, lifting the phone to her ear and biting her fingernails in anticipation.

"Maria Hill." The line connected, YN's breath stopping in her throat.

"Maria, it's YN." She whispered, her head resting against the steering wheel as she tried to calm her breathing.

"YN, lovely to hear from you. What can I do for you?" YN thought for a moment.

Reverting back to her military training, YN suddenly figured out how to phrase her question. "Where's the package?" She asked casually. "It said it was coming to your apartment, but something must have got lost in transit."

Maria caught on quickly. "We lost track of it around Tanzania." She responded, clicking something on her computer then bringing out her burner phone. "YN, is everything alright, you sound unwell?"

"Just have a bug." She said, hinting at the possibility of her actions being tracked.

"I'll send over some meds." YN shook her head, denying the assistance.

"No need, I'm off to the 08546 store now." Maria nodded on her end, understanding YN's reference.

"I'll call you shortly, make sure you answer." YN agreed, quickly hanging up the phone and started driving. YN rolled down her window, tossing her cell from the vehicle, it smashing on the pavement.

YN drove for about half an hour before she noticed a truck tailing her. Taking a right, she checked her mirror and sure enough the black truck followed, staying about twenty feet behind her. Sighing, YN reached behind her to her gun case, slipping out her hand gun. Speeding up, YN took another right, speeding back toward the main road, the vehicle followed again, gaining on her as she increased speed.

"Shit." YN muttered, placing the gun in her lap and switching gears to speed up even more. YN swerved back onto the main road, having done a full lap and the car behind her still behind her, she confirmed that he was in fact onto her.

YN swerved around a car, racing toward her location. She knew that she needed to lose him before she could stop, but the more she sped up, the more the car behind her did, and soon he was right at the tail of her SUV. He nudged the back of her vehicle, sending her wheels spinning. Gaining back control, YN floored it, trying to push her car to move faster. The truck her again, harder, and YN lost control of the wheel, sending her sideways, driver's door facing the front of the other vehicle. Seeing her opportunity, YN brought up her gun, sending bullets flying at the driver.

Landing one in the driver's chest, he lost control swerving close to YN and sending them both flying into a ditch. YN shouted as her head hit the wheel, splitting open her forehead, sending her into unconsciousness.

Groaning as she awoke, she felt her body being dragged out by a pair of large hands. "C'mon, you stupid bitch." He muttered, placing a gun to her side. YN's heart stuttered in anxiety, feeling her breath coming in short spurts.

Using her deliriousness as a façade, YN slumped heavily, causing the man to shout out profanities, trying to keep the young woman on her feet. She waited a few more seconds, making sure he was alone, before she threw herself sideways, sending them both tumbling to the ground.

YN utilized the man's shock, and tried to wrestle for the gun. He pulled the trigger and a slug grazed YN's face, sliding over her cheek and ear and making her scream out. YN threw her fist at the man's throat, making him drop everything and grab his neck. YN puffed out some breaths as she stood, gun in her hand.

"Who are you working for?" She asked, blinking her eyes so that she remained conscious. Watching the man laugh, YN determined she wasn't going to get far with him. "Have it your way then." She said, pulling the trigger and sending a bullet into the man's skull.

Sighing YN looked around, she was about eight miles from her stop. Moving over to her wrecked vehicle, she grabbed her bag, throwing it over her shoulder. She stared at her gun case for a minute, the whole thing was too heavy to take so she decided to place one in the back of her belt and another, smaller gun, in the sock of her boot.

She walked as fast as she could, occasionally having to stop to gather her bearings. Her face was covered in blood from where she had been grazed with the bullet, and her forehead was split open. Feeling up her ribs, she could tell she had some major bruising there.

Feeling reenergized as she spotted the 08546 payphone, jogged over, placing her bag down and looking over the telephone. She stopped short of a moment, deciding on call one person before she tried to contact Maria.

Slipping in some coins, she listened to the phone ring, rolling her eyes as she went to voicemail. "Hey, Ma. Just calling to let you know I've been stationed overseas again; I'm leaving now as it's an emergency situation. I'll write to you when I can. I love you." She sighed, placing down the phone.

As she did it started ringing, shocking her slightly. Picking it up hesitantly, she spoke quietly. "Hello?"

"YN?" A familiar voice said, making her heart beat speed up.

"Sam?" She breathed out. "Oh my God."

"Hey, beautiful. You alright? Maria said there was a situation." YN felt tears sliding down her face, mixing in with the blood.

"Uh- yeah. I don't exactly know where to go. Someone called me as I left the VA, they said it was about you and Steve. I told them to get lost, but they made me nervous so I left the house. I was on the way here when I was hit by a car and they wouldn't tell me who they worked for and-" Sam stopped her.

"Hey, it's okay. Are you alright? Are you hurt?" YN shook her head.

"I don't think so." She whispered, sliding against the wall of the pay phone and onto the ground. "Sam, I don't know what to do. They're after me."

"I know, baby. We're coming to get you." YN opened her eyes, tears blurring her view.

"What? How?" She asked, looking around her location.

"You'll see, just stay where you are. Hide in the pay phone, you'll know when we get there." YN nodded and let out a small 'okay'. "We're about an hour out, YN. Stay safe." The line ended and YN sighed, resting her head against her knees.

Having fell asleep, YN awoke to a loud noise. She shot her head up in panic, grabbing her bag and gun and exited the payphone. Her head was throbbing, and her body ached. She hoped whatever this noise was coming from was friendly, because her energy was dying.

Watching the large aircraft lower to the ground, YN held her breath, finger on the trigger. The cabin opened and two slim figures walked out, large spears in their hands as they marched toward YN. YN sighed, lifting her gun as they looked hostile.

"YN!" Her voice met her ears, the sound making her tense shoulders drop.

"Sam?" She whispered, closing her eyes in relief. She felt Sam grab her shoulders, halting her wobbly form. "Sam." She breathed, reopening her eyes to meet chocolate brown ones.

"Hey, hey. Stay with me. Have you been shot?" YN shook her head, then nodded, then shrugged.

"Just nipped me." She whispered, smiling up at the larger man. "God, I missed you." She laughed, tears falling from her eyes again.

"Come on. Let's get you inside."  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 424 38
Sam Wilson has barely seen one of his best friends since returning from the Blip. He lets his new partner tag along out to the west coast, thinking i...
38.7K 2K 49
You'll be dead by morning. . . © STARFLEETS 2021 CA:TWS & CA:CW COMPLETED (2021)
342K 10.3K 82
COMPLETED What happens when you add a third to the dynamic duo of Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes? Y/n was best friends with Bucky and Steve until they...
61.4K 1.1K 22
in which the winter soldier meets his kryptonite, whom is absolutely terrified of him. captain America: civil war bucky barnes x fem!oc copyright © |...