Ice Cold

By InvisibleLantern

Shouto Todoroki x [Female] Reader ••• Ice cold. An adjective often used for the one and only Y/N, a young gir... More

Before we do anything...
Prologue
The Big Three
An Outing
Entrance Exams
The First Day
Hero Basic Training
Different
USJ
The World of Pros
The Sports Festival Begins!
Obstacle Course
Cavalry Battle
Gifted
Big Sister
Emotionless
Suspicions
Hosu
The Final Exams
Shouto
Attachment
The Training Camp
Training
Vanguard Action Squad
Rescue
Breaking Free
Smile
Symbol of Peace
UA Dorms
Missing
Neglecting
Redemption
Fight
Memories Lost in Time
Pre-Exam
Provisional License Exams
Room Presentation
The Fears that Hold Us
Fire
Fault
Traitor
Christmas Special
Power of a Quirk
Emotions
Past
Bullets
Habits
Quirks: A Gift and a Curse
Heroes Cry
Shie Hassaikai
Unrivalled
Pain
Tears
A Reason to Stay
Remedial Exams
The School Festival
Hobbies
The Past
Open Up
Guilt
Fighting Against Memories
Connections
Enchanting
Aster
A Familiar Face
One
Trust
A Feeling
Unready Bodies
The Past Never Dies
Vie
Lies
Family Ties
Morals
Return
The UA Traitor
Class 1A
Crush
Forget
Battle
Brothers
Redeemable
Puppet
Grow
Breaking
Unhealed Wounds
Words
Tears
Soulmates
Guidance
The Dead
Ghosts
Friendship
Warmth
Life and Death
Hero
Love
Whales
Epilogue

Recover

3K 111 59
By InvisibleLantern

You slowly opened your eyes and were met with a familiar ceiling. Recovery Girl's office.

With a soft gasp, you sat up, but felt the never ending pain surge through your body like an electric shock.

"I wouldn't recommend you stand up, dear."

You turned your head and saw Recovery Girl seated next to a table with her notebook in hand. "Other than Midoriya, I've never seen injuries like this from a student. I wasn't able to heal everything, or your stamina would be eternally spent."

You were a silent for but a moment before asking, "Is everyone that was in the area okay?"

Recovery Girl let a warm smile make its way to her lips and she turned to you. "Sometimes called cold, but has one of the warmest hearts I've ever seen." She rolled her chair over to the bed and put her hand on the blanket. "Everyone was safe thanks to you. The Nomu is now in the hands of the authorities."

You nodded and leaned back on the headboard. "Thank goodness."

She chuckled and turned back to her table. "I'm surprised you haven't noticed yet." You tilted your head. "Noticed what?"

She pointed to the foot of your bed and you finally caught a glimpse of it. There were ten, twenty, thirty, maybe even forty gifts gathered around the foot of your bed.

"...How long have I been out for?"

"A week or so." She straightened out a stack of papers with two thuds onto her table and set them down gently. "That Todoroki has been visiting everyday."

Your eyes widened a bit. "Really...?"

"Really. He's asked about your condition more times than I could count. You lost almost a 15% of your blood in that battle. I'm surprised you didn't notice. But most of it," She paused and put her hand on the bandage tightly wrapped around your shoulder. "Was from that."

You put your hand on your shoulder and winced, lowering your hand back down to your lap.

"That was from the battle with All For One, was it not? And wasn't it self inflicted?" You nodded and looked down at your folded hands. "Has Todoroki visited today yet?"

"I thought I told you to call me Shouto."

You gasped quietly and turned your head to the door, seeing the boy standing there with a bouquet of flowers, similar to the seven at the foot of your bed.

"I guess he hasn't..." You whispered as you looked away from the door.

"Hey, have you opened any of these yet?" He asked, ignoring the fact that you practically just ignored him. Shouto sat at the end of your bed and picked up one of the boxes. "This one's from Fuyumi."

Your eyes lightened up a bit. He handed it to you and it was a small gift box with mochi inside. "Here." Shouto picked up the chopsticks that were taped to the side of the box and picked up one of the mochi.

"I... can feed myself."

"Your wrist is sprained. Just rest it." He held the mochi in front of your face with a subtle smirk. You stared at the mochi for a moment before opening your mouth and letting him place the mochi inside.

"Oi, let me bite it." You said with your mouth filled. Shouto sighed and lowered the chopsticks. She still has no hint of anger in her voice.

He suddenly put his hand over yours without really thinking. It was shaking.

You looked down at his hand, your face blank. He wanted you to blush or something, anything. But nothing was happening. "Do you need something?" You asked.

He shook his head and lifted his hand. "Aizawa-sensei says he hopes you're back by next week." He placed the bouquet in your hand and stood up. "It's lunch right now, so I have to get to class soon. Everyone says to get well soon." And with that, he walked out of the room.

You looked down at he bouquet. Roses, they were. And they were all red.

"Ah, so it's roses today." Recovery Girl observed. "He brought tulips yesterday." You looked at the foot of your bed and there was indeed a bouquet of tulips there, amongst other flowers.

"He didn't have to spend the money on flowers." You mumbled. "And not this many." You gently placed the roses with the other gifts and sighed.

"You're planning on opening all of those?" Recovery Girl asked. You nodded and picked up an envelope. "It'd be a waste not to do so."

You flipped open the envelope and pulled out a small card. It looked like it was written by a child. And it was.

Deer Cloak,
My mommy helped me rite this. She said I shood thank you for saveing me. I alredy rote something to the red and wite guy. Is he your boyfrend? He looket like he reelly cared about you. But thank you for saveing me that day. I was reelly scared. Were you? You did not look scared. Mommy says your in the hospital. I hope you get well soon!
From Ruri

You stared at the letter as warmth filled your heart. You had never gotten a letter from a child. The way he misspelled so many simply words made it look like he really did want to write to you.

"Do you like it? His mother dropped it off a few days ago. He was really worried." Recovery Girl smiled. "The innocence of a child is truly such a lovely thing."

You gripped the sides of the paper. "Yes... it is..."

•••

"Aizawa-sensei!" Iida's hand shot into the air. "Is Y/N coming back today?"

Aizawa sighed and shook his head. "No, not that I know of." The class' faces fell and Yaoyorozu leaned over to Shouto's desk. "Are you going to visit again today?"

"Yes, I am. Would you like me to bring her something for you?" Yaoyorozu shook her head. "No, I was simply asking. I've already given something to her."

She did. It was a necklace that was made of pure gold and a genuine diamond shaped like a teardrop as the pendant. You were scared to wear it in all honesty.

Shouto tapped at his desk, listening to the teacher although he was simply craving the time he was going to visit you. He was at the bookstore that morning and decided he'd get you the only volume of Haikyuu!! that you were missing. It was just sitting in his bag and he really wanted to give it to you.

He wanted to see if your eyes would light up.

"Today is the final day you'll be able to test those Ultimate Moves before the Hero License Exams, so be sure to really push yourself." Aizawa announced.

They made their way to the training grounds and began testing out their quirks to see how far they could push them.

"Todoroki, you're looking out of it!" Ashido elbowed him gently. "Thinking about someone?"

He shook his head. "I'm just not sure what my ultime move should be. Iida already has his Recipro Burst, so he just needs to work on it and he'll be fine."

"What about that huge glacier that you made at the Sports Festival?" Ashido raised her index finger. "That was really scary, but really strong, right?"

Shouto looked down at his left hand. "Maybe." He moved his hand back and then swung it, the large glacier appearing, but a bit larger than he wished. "Yikes! Look out!" Ashido calls out.

But before anything could happen...

"Heat Wave."

The ice melted in the blink of an eye as a large puddle gathered at the floor. "Perhaps you should aim that away from the others so there is no need for me to use that."

Ashido and Shouto looked up at one of the pillars and Ashido's eyes lit up. "Y/N!"

Everyone's heads turned. "Y/N! It's good to see you!" Yaoyorozu greeted as Tsu nodded in agreement.

You brought one knee to your chest. "Good to see you as well." And you averted your eyes so they looked at the blank wall.

Shouto stared for a moment before looking back at his training. It seemed like you weren't actually able to train, but you could observe.

You slowly floated down and landed in front of him, placing your hands on his arms. "Try to gather your energy to make ice here." You pointed to his inner elbow. "And make it seem like your slowly letting it leak as you create the ice."

You lifted your arm that wasn't bandaged. "It'll end up like this." And you swung your arm in the direction of your classmates. You did something similar to Shouto, but it stopped before it could hit anybody.

"Todoroki, you scared the heck outta me!"

"That wasn't me."

You put your hand on the ice and it quickly melted like before. "Try it." And you walked away.

•••

"Do you still have to stay in Recovery Girl's office?" Hagakure asked. You nodded and put your hand on your shoulder. "The police are also stopping by today."

"The police? Why?" Uraraka pursed her lips. "They're not planning on arresting you, are they?"

You were silent. "We'll see." You whispered after a while.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 3.1K 105
(Y/N) is a transfer student at UA from America, who shares the same quirks as her classmate Shoto Todoroki. She tries her best to become friends with...
62.6K 2K 16
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"𝙌𝙐𝙄𝙍𝙆 𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙍𝙄𝘼𝙂𝙀" a concept particularly hated by a girl who values freedom ...
27.4K 767 27
Y/N is a pro hero with Fire, Ice, Healing, Premonition, Speed, and Strength quirks. A very dominant person, much similar to her best friend Midnight...
21.5K 985 11
( shoto todoroki x reader ) for a boy with an ice quirk, shoto todoroki's hand is pleasantly warm to touch BNHA / COMPL...