Dark Souls √

By CrunchyDelight

He was the king of his world having everything just by the flick of his fingers. He had every reason to smile... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
~39~
~40~
~41~
~42~
~43~
~44~
~45~
~46~
~47~
~48~
~49~
~50~
~51~
~52~
~53~
~55~
~56~
Important
~57~
~58~
~59~
Cast

30

8.5K 442 32
By CrunchyDelight

Be careful who you choose in your life.

The devil was once an angel

--------------------

She sighed as she lay her head in her mother's lap. Her mother was watching some serial while she was enjoying her warmth.

"How is Randhir Ji?", her mother asked making her look at her mother.

"What do you mean?", Kimaya asked.

"I mean his nature", her mother spoke looking at her tenderly.

"He is intense", Kimaya spoke after a long pause before continuing.

"But he is caring", she said looking at her mother.

"He doesn't hurt you right?", Her mother asked which made her close her eyes. She sat back holding her mother's hands. The time when he tried to force himself came in front of her eyes.

But then the time he cared for her covering her with the blankets at night. Those soft kisses on her forehead before he sleeps everything came in front of her eyes and she realized that he was changing. Changing for her and she couldn't ignore 

She shook her head slowly.

"He cares a lot", she spoke hugging her mother lost in her thoughts.

--------------------

"It's been four days since Bhabhi left. When is she coming back?", Shrishti asked sitting on the dining table looking at her Rajshri, her Badi Ma.

"She left after a month of her marriage. She is having the right to stay with her parents for some time", Adhiraaj spoke as Randhir kept eating his food silently.

"You have a meeting in Delhi after two days?", Adhiraaj asked Randhir who just nodded.

"When will Bhabhi come?", Aarush asked his mother who asked him to shut up.

"Mumma if she is not coming soon then send me to her parent's place. I am missing her. She teaches me so lovingly", Aarush said stubbornly.

"Aarush", Randhir called him sternly making the little boy quiet.

"If Bhabhi would have been here Bhai would've never scolded me like this", he whispered in her mother's ears who asked him to shut up again. 

Randhir wiped his lips with the napkin before standing up from his place taking his leave for his office.

He got in the back seat of the car as the chauffeur started the car. He stared outside. 

However, he try to ignore the fact, he was feeling off. The moment she left, it felt like a part of him left with her and he was truly missing her. 

She got so much busy with her family that she didn't find it important to even call him once. Truth to be said, she nearly forgot she was married after going back. She felt like she was her old self laughing, smiling, irritating everybody with her antics.

This ignorance of her was getting troublesome for him as he stared at his phone. He breathed deeply as he got down the car walking inside his office building ignoring every single person bowing looking at him. He got inside the elevator as his PA told him about his schedule for the day which was perfectly ignored by him.

He got inside his cabin closing it with a bang. He massaged his head before walking to the hidden room in his cabin wanting to see her immediately.

He stared at her beautiful eyes looking at him. It felt like she would start speaking the next moment. He was dying to hear her voice but seems like his wife really didn't care about their relationship. He removed his coat throwing it on the bed pushing his curly hair back walking to the portrait he painted himself. 

He remembers once when she told him about her being the worst painter in the world. 

This room was filled with all the pictures he painted since they got to know each other. He never understood why this little girl affected him so much. He traced her chubby cheek before pulling away taking a few steps back. He took out his phone connecting it with his AirPods finally calling her himself putting his ego away.

"Randhir Ji", he heard her mother's voice.

"Namaste Aunty", he spoke taking a deep breath.

"Beta, Kimi went to the park with her dadi. She forgot to take her phone", she told him. 

"Ji Aunty. I'll call later", he spoke after asking her about her health. He threw his phone on the bed harshly when she hung up.

"You are playing with fire, Maya", he whispered staring at her picture before walking out to his cabin to complete his work.

--------------------

Kimaya came back from the park with cotton candy in her hand. She was enjoying the sweet taste of it while gossiping with her grandmother about her neighbors. She got inside her house only to find her mother dusting the living room.

"Why do you do so much work, Momma", she asked falling on the sofa only to get a slap on her hand which made her wince.

"Don't do this. Stop acting like a small kid, Kimaya. You are already married", her mother told her as Kimaya pouted at her words.

"Being married doesn't mean I would stop living my life", she said picking up her phone.

"You just came back from outside and now you want your phone", her mother asked which she ignored completely.

"By the way, Randhir Ji called", her mother told her making her frown.

"Why would he call me?", she asked her mother.

"Because my child, you got married to him a month ago. Why won't he call you", her mother said the first part lovingly and the last part with a hiss making her nod. She called back but nobody picked up the call making her frown.

She called on his office phone which was thankfully received.

"Who?", he asked.

"Kimaya Maan Ahlawat", she said crossing her legs sitting on the sofa comfortably.

"Oh you?", he asked still busy in his work making her smile widely.

"Oh, you remember me? I just wanted to make you remember that we got married nearly a month ago", she said as he pushed his paperwork aside listening to her speaking.

"I do remember everything, wife but I feel like you forgot", he spoke making her bite her lips.

"Don't speak like that now. I was just too busy with my family", she said as he hummed.

"Than what am I to you?", he asked making her sigh.

"Doctor Sahab, don't speak like that. You know what you are for me?", she whispered walking inside her room falling on the bed.

"What am I for you?", he asked making her part her lips in surprise.

"Mr. Ahlawat, you are being impossible today", she said tracing her fingers on the bedsheet.

"I am being impossible, fine", he agreed to make her sigh.

"Acha listen, I need to watch a movie. I'll talk to you later", she said hanging up before he could even speak. He stared at his phone in shock.

"You are putting a stone in your own way", he said pointing at the phone before throwing it away with a blank face.

--------------------

She entered inside her house singing the lyrics of a new song too lost in her own world with the shopping bags in her hand with her grandmother following her shaking her head at her granddaughter's childish acts.

Kimaya stopped at once staring at the person sitting in the living room with her mother.

"What are you doing here?", she asked in a daze which made her mother glaring at her.

"What do you mean Kimi? He is your husband and our son-in-law. This is not the way to speak to your husband", her mother scolded her which made her look at her mother than her husband who was staring back at her. She was feeling intimated under his gaze.

"You bought everything you wanted?", her mother asked as she nodded sitting beside her husband keeping the bags aside.

"I can't deny the fact that the collection was really bad", she spoke making her mother sigh.

"Still you bought 3 bags filled with clothes", her mother said making her pout.

"Mumma, It's my right to buy what I want. Why do you always say the same thing", Kimaya said leaning back on the sofa sighing deeply.

"It took 5 hours for you to buy three saree", her mother told taking out the saree from the bag.

"We went to the cinema before that", Kimaya said walking to the refrigerator to get the pack of juice for herself.

"Somebody should learn how to waste money from you", her mother said which made Kimaya sigh keeping the pack away staring at her mother.

"I won't say anything. Do what you want?", her mother said when her father walked downstairs.

Randhir stood up from his place touching her father's feet which made Kimaya feel really uncomfortable. She was not expecting him to act so coolly with her father but again it was in the best interest. She didn't want any problem between her father and husband.

"Randhir Ji, You can stay here for tonight", Her mother offered which made Kimaya raise her eyebrow staring at her husband.

"Aunty, I had a meeting here today. I don't know when I would be free next so It would be in the best interest if she come with me right now", he spoke looking at Kimaya making her frown.

"But I can come by myself", Kimaya offered.

"Kimaya", her mother called which made her look at her mother who was glaring at her. She wanted to say something but her mother called her inside.

She sighed before walking to her parents' room sitting on the bed waiting for her mother to speak.

"I told you already not to go against his words. He is your husband. He came all the way from Chandigarh to pick you up", her mother told her making her sigh.

"He came for a meeting not to pick me up", she justified making her mother stare at her in anger.

"Grow up, Kimaya. You are no more a child. You have the responsibility of your in-law's house. You can't act immature anymore. I don't know when this girl would grow up", her mother scolded her before walking out.

She fall back on the bed not liking the way her mother told her about maturity. She never considered herself immature but it was a bitter truth that she was nowhere near to be called mature.

She stood up from her place to get her clothes packed. At least, he could've told her that he was coming to Delhi.

He took her bag from her as she hugged her family before getting inside the car. She was disappointed at his behavior but more than that she felt emotional when she was going away from her family. She saw tears in everybody's eyes. She looked back sniffing lightly as he took a turn. She sighed sitting comfortably. Her eyes went to him and he looked pretty normal.

"You could've actually informed me about your sudden visit", she told him as he held her right hand in his left one and changed the gear still holding her hand.

"How many times did we speak in these 10 days?", he asked which made her look outside.

"I was just... just busy", she said which made him sneak a glance at her.

"In that case, I should be the one who is supposed to be busy not the other way around", he said making her sigh and look back at him.

"See, I can't just forget my family", she justified.

"And you can forget me", he completed and this time she had nothing to say in her defense. Somewhere he was right, she was not ready to make him her everything. She was not ready to invest her trust in him.

Her heart was telling her to put her guards down and let him enter inside and somewhere he did have a place there but she was too stubborn to accept the fact. 

"I have to leave for Singapore in two days", he told her making her immediately look at him.

"But it's Karwa Chauth in seven days", she told him but he didn't answer and continued driving ignoring her stare at him. If she didn't care about him then he would do the same in the most brutal way. Even if it meant emotionally draining her. He was ready to do anything to make her submit in front of him.

--------------------

Half of this update is done by your author and half is done by me. You guys won't know who I am so a small introduction of me. I am a good friend of her.

She was not really doing well these days so asked me to provide you with your update. She needs some mental peace right now.

Till the time, she is back I would try to update regularly. I am new in this field so please don't judge me just being a good friend. The story line will go the way she wanted. You don't have to worry about that.

What do you guys think about the update? Do tell me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

847K 63K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...
91.5K 6.8K 11
Sometimes we all become unwanted by someone we wanted the most. The pain, torture, suffering, anxiety, yearning we all go through is invisible to oth...
61.4K 8.6K 32
" Kya sochne lage hai? bhar dijiye na maang hamari. Ab aur intezaar na karwaiye." ( What are you thinking? Fill my hairline. Don't make me wait anymo...
120K 8.1K 33
" Do..n't... come.. to..me..mee ...." --- with closed eyes She said with her horrified trembling voice . " Blossom , listen to me Blossom , it's ju...