Asgardian Goddess of Beauty a...

By Arty_Arjay

*BOOK 1 of the Asgardian Goddess of Beauty and Battle series* Currently being edited. Rosalie woke up in a mu... More

Author's Note
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
Edited Edition
Part 1, Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four

CHAPTER 17

30 4 3
By Arty_Arjay

A/N - Writing this story has been both exhausting and exciting. There are times when I lose motivation and just don't want to do it, but for you guys, I push through that sometimes and continue writing. There are also times when I have so many ideas running through my mind and just can't get the story and words down quick enough.

Its been such a journey so far and I hope you are enjoying this story.

I'd be happy to hear any feedback and comments on how you think the story is travelling :).

I ran down every second step, desperate to escape. I zipped past a few Asgardians as I bolted up the stairs that joined the rainbow bridge.

The rainbow surface aggressively lit up to match my footwork. I was far from reaching Heimdall, but running seemed like the only relief to getting to him sooner.

I hadn't gotten far before I slowed to a walk. The next ten minutes was spent walking across the bridge.

When I reached the Bifrost, I stood at the entryway and stared at Heimdall.

He had his back on me, but he spoke, knowing I was present. 'You seem to be in a dilemma.'

Tears built up to blur my vision of Heimdall turning around.

I looked away and gently shook my head. 'I don't know what to do.'

I threw my hands up and looked back at Heimdall. 'What does one do in a situation such as this?'

I started slowly pacing in the entryway. I lent an elbow on my hip and stomach as I held up the other elbow. I rested my chin on my thumb and pointer finger in thought.

I began thinking out loud. 'Going back to earth would make me look stupid. I ran away from Shelly and James literally today. It's almost the end of the day and going back in the first day is just daft. I wanted to find my past and Eir might be able to help me with that, so going back to earth would put a hold on something I have my heart set on. This is also the only place that I feel I can find my past in and I've been suspected to originate from here so that just makes it more of a reason to stay.' I gripped the front of my hair and tightened with frustration. 'Why am I doing this in the first place?'

Heimdall tried to comfort me. 'Because you are confused. Loki has not made it easy for you lately, and you are facing the consequences now. I would advise that you stay here and sort things out for a while. Especially with what you just said, it seems as though you are destined to be here.'

Heimdall words made my decision making much easier. 'I just don't feel like I want to be where Loki is. I feel too angered by him and his affect on my life. It's just such a distraction to ones mind.' I stopped pacing and looked up at Heimdall through damp eyes. 'I think you are right. I should just stay here and maybe give it a chance. If nothing comes up, which one could say that is not true already, then I'll give it further thought.'

I sighed and shook my head. 'I just don't know his Shelly and James are taking this. I really hope they understand.'

Heimdall reassured me. 'They may not understand your sudden disappearance without a word, but they have seen what happened and are understanding your need to escape.'

I gave a weak smile. 'Thanks.'

I gracefully wiped my damp cheeks. 'I'm sorry for taking so much of your time.'

Heimdall shook his head. 'No need to apologise. I haven't seen a situation quite like this before, so you are forgiven.'

I smiled more fully and nodded at Heimdall at his words. I'm sure he knew that I meant thanks.

I turned around and started my journey back down the bridge once more. That bridge would become the death of me one day honestly.

After I reached the palace, I searched for Frigga and asked for guidance on where I could stay for the night, or however long it may be. She was the only person I really knew and trusted.

Surprisingly, she gave me the offer to stay in the palace. She seemed to say it in a way that implied that I belonged in the palace. I knew I did not and respected and appreciated Frigga's kindness. I almost accepted the offer, but declined it, providing I felt out of place amongst the palace.

So, I stayed in a small house that was not occupied. Of course it was made of gold and similar materials to that of the palace. I was happy to have views of the water and the palace. The gold towers and scenery was picturesque.

The sun never actually set on Asgard as it didn't rotate or spin on it's axis like earth. So, you slept with the sun still shining, but their was enough light that was blocked to sleep peacefully.

I awoke with a renewed and fresh mind.

I walked over to the window and leant against the sill.

There was no glass in Asgard's windows. They only had panels with diamond patterns as to prevent a mass amount of rays from entering, or to close off the large floor to ceiling windows, or openings as you could say. The one I leant on had nothing. I had an uninterrupted view of the palace that was framed by the edges of the window. It was beautiful, and I could stand and watch it all day.

Eir was meant to inform me of what to do about the discovery of my past tomorrow, as yesterday she said in two days she should come back with a possible solution.

I was excited for what she had for me. It meant there was a chance, even if it was only a sliver, it was something and I awaited the journey to my past. If I were to leave Asgard empty handed, I would certainly be devastated, but at least I had given it a try. The only unfortunate thing was that I arrived in the most unforgiving way. Leaving without saying a word or goodbye was not something one should do.

I was there though. It was pointless to go back and not at least attempt to get somewhere and discover something.

I labelled my life as completely confusing and crazy. I was all over the place in the universe and was meeting new people, all to find my past, or as Loki said, to run from my problems.

I only left earth because everyone hated me and wanted me dead or tortured. It was too painful to bear, so I escaped and ran from it. That was stupid with what I had done, but what was I to do? I couldn't face Shelly and James. My embarrassment and shame took over. So, I made an impulsive decision.

I sighed at my thoughts, wishing I could go back in time and explain everything to Shelly before I left. Better yet, go back in time and remain in my room at the helicarrier, to not snoop around and find out what was happening. That way I wouldn't have run into Loki and had my mind taken over.

I shook the thoughts from my head. I needed to get out and explore the place while I had a chance to. I needed to distract my mind.

I slipped my elbows from the will and turned to walk out of the room. Walking amongst the city was most appealing to me, especially if I hadn't known what to do.

When I walked through the streets, young children ran around, playing some sort of game or kicking and throwing a ball.

There was markets that had gifts and handmade items that people looked at. I had seen a beautiful necklace. It was crafted in the most elegant ways.

A carefully carved pendant was fixated onto a thick and stiff gold band. The pendant was a circle with a pair of angel wings carved into the circle. They curved with the circular motion. There was a sun cut out of the circle, straight lines came from it to indicate its rays. Underneath the wings against the outer circle, there were cut outs to help show off the feathers and to add balance to the pendant.

I lifted the heavy necklace and observed its beauty. I ran a thumb over the wings where the feathers made it bumpy and was the highest features. It was all gold, and I assumed it was carved by the man standing behind his display of shining jewelry and accessories.

I placed the necklace back in its place and moved on.

I loved being amongst the atmosphere. The people were happy and joyful. The women especially held themselves in such a way that made them look as though they were delicate and elegant. The men were formal and elegant as well. They were all gods and goddesses, so it was no surprise to see such elegance amongst such people. Asgard was the place of the gods and goddesses, the people earth had suspected made that sword.

After walking around for a while and taking in my surrounds, I looked for a library.

Everywhere I looked, Asgard was of gold and earthy colours. The pavement of the floors was a sandstone, much the same colour as all the walls, pillars, and pathway barriers.

Asgard liked their tall buildings and pillars. It also had a lot of intricacy amongst it, like someone decided everything needed detail. It was beautiful though. It made Asgard interesting and gave a sense that these people weren't boring or average.

There was much greenery from the plants amongst Asgard. It was a calm and peaceful place, like nothing could possibly, or should, go wrong. The fact that a floating island in space and the amount of gold it had, made Asgard seem like it was something one was concocting in a dream. Like it wasn't real.

I very well knew it was real though.

Once it found the grand library, I went straight into the place without hesitation. The high ceilings with the walls covered in books was a sight to see. To assist in reaching the high books, there was not only ladders, but also a second level.

A setting area with a few cream sofas was assorted to circle a table. They had a blue swirl and leaf pattern to them give intricacy.

There were a few people here, but it seemed they weren't going to stay and read, they took home what they wanted to read and would return their books when they finished.

There was one large floor to ceiling window on each of the four walls. Once again they had that same diamond patterns panel that made it seem less open. Light flooded in and reached the gold accents in the area, like the gold table frame and the sofa feet and frame. The suns rays touched the cream stone floor.

I had not realised my mouth open in awe when a man cleared his throat beside me. I was looking up at the fresco ceiling, making out gods and goddesses who must be of the past, or just of a picture of the mind.

I looked down at the man. He had a light blue cotton tunic and trousers with a dark brown robe. The robe hung about his ankles and had short sleeves, showing the blue of his long sleeved white under shirt. The white was showing as the tunic had a deep V cut to show the next layer. He had dark brown leather vambraces. His sandals were also a leather, but they were a lighter brown.

All men in Asgard wore the same style of clothing, only different colours and patterns if they had any. The women wore more vibrant and heavier layers than that of the men. The other difference between the two was that men wore cotton and women wore silk fabrics.

The man questioned. 'Is one in need of any assistance?'

I assumed he was the manager of the library by his mien and the way he seemed to address the people.

I thought for a moment. 'If you could be so kind as to suggest such books that would keep me sane from such boredom, then that would be of all the assistance I need.'

The man nodded. He had a short beard. His skin was pale and he had dark brown hair that hung against his forehead. He seemed like he was in his middle ages, and here on Asgard, that would probably be 2,500 years old.

'What books are of your particular interest?' The librarian was trying to narrow down the mass amount of options I gave him.

So, I knew I needed to respond in a way that left no further questions. 'Good romance novels can do. Although history captivates my interest so and with not fail to bore me when I am in desperate need for a change in genre.' I proceeded to pass on more information to broaden the variety. 'What bore's me so is horror fiction and thriller. Not of my taste. Most other genres are quite alright too.'

The librarian nodded as he took in the in information. He led me around the library and gathered a decent pike of books that would surely occupy me in a week of nothing to do.

I trusted that what he had given to me was good and I could take without checking that they were of my taste. He recorded what books had been taken and I left to go to the small house and begun my reading journey.

When I arrived at the place I was temporarily staying at, I immediately got stuck into a random book that I picked up. Half of them were romance, about a quarter was mystery, adventure, and a bit of poetry. and the other quarter was history. The history I presumed would be about Asgard, so it would've been interesting to learn its history.

The book I had was a plain green leather cover. The smooth surface was shiny. Gold lettering was plastered into the cover, forming the title of the book.

It read in Asgardian: Battle Over Love. It seemed like a typical book that Midgard would have, but on Asgard, it might be different.

I opener the cover of the page to see more Asgardian, but with every word, I seemed to be able to fluently read it. I was glad I could though, otherwise I would have to return all the books and be left disappointed.

I immediately for stuck into reading the book, gathering that it was a romance proving the title and the introduction of the characters.

The main character had a few sisters and was dating a prince who was claimed to be handsome. Of course all characters were gods since they lived on Asgard, but the main character was more than the average Asgardian. She had beauty and used this against the prince. This way, he fell in love with her because she had loved him all her life.

As the prince was a worrier and went into war, she decided to become one herself and fight beside the prince. The prince was confident in his battles providing his extra strength and ability to wield a powerful weapon that he was worthy of. However, he was hesitant of his partner to get into battles. He wanted her to be home and remain safe at all times.

She was not happy with his rejection of her idea. She wanted to become the first female worrier and to help protect Asgard. Not only that, buy it would mean she could set foot in other realms and experience new worlds.

Luring the prince with her beauty was no longer her focus. It shifted to becoming the first female worrier and entering battles. Of course she eventually succeeded and fought in battles and lived happily as she wanted.

She no longer loved the prince and he returned that. They became friends and fought beside each other. Her new love was for battle and she would fight till the end of her life.

She did exactly that. She died without a partner, but saved many lives in different realms and protected Asgard as she wished.

She had lived a life she never knew she wanted and she died a worrier, happy that she changed.

The title was not what I thought the book would be. It was not Midgard's stereotypical love story. It implied that the character chose battle over loving a man.

It was beautiful and I greatly enjoyed it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 462 27
The Queen of Atlantis meets the God of Mischief Two odd characters fall in love under strange circumstances Come join the avengers and fight along...
46.5K 1.5K 111
Loki/Avengers fanfic Celene is a 21-year-old girl who grew up with divorced parents, an abusive father and a loving mother. She never had a normal li...
475K 17K 38
After Loki was brought back from Midgard, he was a trial held for him to determine his punishment. For his actions against Midgard, he was to be put...
420 4 10
With no home to go back to, and no family to return to, she is left to face reality. A young girl, broken down, and having her family and frien...