The Royal Series : Book 1

By petra71120

yghjooojihu More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 5

6 0 0
By petra71120

"And where exactly did you go to?" She was calm as always. Her welcoming and caring presence always made it easier to come clean, especially in cases like this.

"I went to see and friend and I guess we lost track of time."

"Arthur, you know better and because I know that you know better, I expect you to do better. I don't have an issue with you staying out but no matter how late it gets, always come back to the palace. You abandoned your security and broke security protocols, thus putting yourself at risk."

"I'm sorry."

"Well, you've shown remorse so all is forgiven. But, I do have something to discuss with you." Now, after my late night with Toria, my father apparently called my grandmother on me. So, I had to come all the way here just to apologise for staying out late. Even a teenager gets more slack than I do. We were currently having tea in the Green Room and honestly, I'm just glad I haven't seen my father yet.

"I'm all ears."

"It has been brought to my attention that Princess Victoria Schelswig of Denmark is here in London." How on earth did she find out? Toria is not going to like this.

"Oh... how did you find out?" She looked at me strangely and then sipped her tea.

"I'm the Queen, the only reason it took me this long to find out is because I've been preoccupied but now I have the time. Well, we haven't always been on great terms with our Danish brothers and sisters, but for a first-class royal member of the family to come here, this could be a step in the right direction." So this is political.

"Have you considered the possibility that she doesn't want to be recognised. I mean, she could just be here on a private holiday."

"It's a possibility, but this is an opportunity that we need to maximise. I'll invite her over to the Cornwall house for dinner with you, your brother and your parents. There'll be a photo-op of course. That way, we'll be showing the world that we are united."

"True but I think if she wanted the world to know that she was here, they would. Maybe we should just let her be."

"Rubbish! World politics aren't associated with want, they work on need and we need this dinner to happen."

"But you always said that a royal's vacation should never be interrupted with work."

"Yes?"

"This is her vacation period. You reaching out and inviting her means she would now be obligated to come and that would interrupt her vacation period. I think it would do more harm than good. Please, let's just let her have her space."

"Fine." She said defeatedly. "But the way you talk about her makes me wonder." I laughed at how well she knew me. I could never lie to her.

"Wonder what grandmother?"

"I'm not sure. It's almost as if you know her. You speak of her with something I can honestly call..passion. Tell me Arthur, have you managed to develop an interest in our good friend here?"

"She's just a friend but don't tell my father, I don't want him getting any ideas." She was quiet and then she was smiling.

"Isn't that delightful?! Ah, I'm so proud of you Arthur! Danish royalty!" She was so happy. She was holding my hands in hers and squeezing them tightly.

"Just friends granny." I said just to make myself clear.

"But you do like her! Oh I see it in your eyes. You have that glint in there whenever she's mentioned and how quickly you jump in to protect her best interest, it's beautiful. I'm 67 years old Arthur, don't kill my excitement. Very little excites me this much now. I'll leave you to your new girlfriend but don't do anything stupid. And stay away from the press unless you're really serious about her, don't raise everyone's hopes again."

"Yes ma'am." She smiled, got up and walked out of the room.

*********Tori's POV********
"But it just doesn't fit well Mary. It feels a bit... usual. I need to be different this year, you understand right?" She nodded but I could see that she didn't. I need to pick an outfit for the ball but nothing seems to work for me. Mary, my stylist, is starting to hate me slowly and while I feel bad for her, I have to look my best.

"I'll go find something else." She had brought a truckload of clothes for me to try on and five outfits later, I still can't find the right look. She disappeared into the changing room and I picked up my phone to look through it. And then, guess what? Knock!! Knock!!!

"Who is it?!" I yelled in frustration. I got up and walked towards the door.

"It's Louise!" Ah Louise.

"And Camille!" And Camille. I guess they're finding out who I am today. Except if I can find an explanation for why I have a stylist with a hundred gowns calling me "your highness." I opened the door with a smile and welcomed them in.

"Is it fashion week yet? Cause your apartment seems like a Versace Fashion Store on Sale day." Louise said as she looked around the apartment. I let out an awkward laugh.

"No. I'm just trying on some new looks for an event I'm attending."

"Oh...what's that about?" Why does Camille always ask questions?!

"Um...it's nothing serious. It's just a minor family anniversary and it's a bit compulsory and all that."

"You're a terrible liar Tori. Spill." Louise said as she hopped on the couch.

"Fine. I'm not lying but maybe I might have under-sold the event...." And then another knock on the door! Who could it possibly be this time?!

"Ahhh Tori. Hi. Louise forgot her phone at my place and she mentioned that she would be here so I brought it over. Do you mind if I come in?" Sure why not?! But no, I stayed sweet.

"Of course. " I said smiling like an idiot! He walked in and his reaction was the same as the one I got from Louise.

"What's going on here?" I was about to continue with my lie when Mary walked in. I was signalling her to stay quiet but apparently, all she knows how to do is style people.

"Your highness, I think I might have something that fits." I turned away from everyone's stare and just covered my face with my hands.

"I'll be with you shortly Mary, just keep checking for more." I faked a smile and waved her off.

"Your highness? You're Royalty?" Louise asked in shock.

"I knew it! You carried yourself with way too much grace to be...like everyone else. My only question is, why didn't you say anything?" George added.

"All my life, I had been treated differently everywhere I went simply because my grandmother is the Queen of Denmark. But when I moved here, most people didn't even know I was here because I stayed away from the press and you guys were so lovely to me. And I knew it was genuine because you had no reason to be pretending. I realised that living as Tori was easier for me than living as Princess Victoria of Denmark. I'm sorry I lied to you guys but I hope you understand why I lied." Camille looked at me with pity. I didn't want anyone's pity but it was there.

"I'm so sorry Tori. Look, we all come from..difficult backgrounds and outsiders will never understand how we feel. But we need to stick together because we understand each other. So, no more lies?"

"Thanks Cam. No more lies and I'm sorry guys." George gave a light nod and a smile and Louise gave a hug. They're actually more understanding about it that I thought they would be.

"Let me guess, Arthur knows exactly who you are doesn't he?" Camille said with realisation plastered all over her face.

"Yep."

"Why didn't he tell us?" George said stubbornly. Does it really matter?

"Look, I've been here for a few weeks and being able to just be myself without worrying about the press is amazing. He found out what he could and I might have completed his assignment for him on myself. He's respecting my choice to stay away from the press and that's all I want."

"Ok. No press. But you still need a gown for that ball, do you think you might need some helping hands?"Louise said excitedly.

"Of course. Let me get you guys something to drink."

"Nothing for me. I'm headed to the Palace to speak with Arthur about some foundations and I can't be late."

"Well, we live next to each other so we can always have drinks. Bye." He smiled and left. I got us girls glasses of champagne and operation get Tori a dress was underway.

"So, I've always wondered, what's your mom like?" Louise asked as she analysed one of the gowns.

"She's like most moms. Her intentions are good, she just doesn't know how to make them known."

"Can you call her?" Camille said happily. Call my mom? Oh hell no!

"I don't think that's such a good idea."

"Please! I've always admired her. Her sense of fashion and duty to her society is unprecedented. It'll just be for a few seconds." Well...I do owe them this for lying to them about who I am. And how bad could it possibly be?

"Fine. Let me get my laptop from the room." I sluggishly dragged myself to my room and got the laptop. I set it on the kitchen counter and called her. Please don't answer!

"Victoria! Isn't this a lovely surprise?!" She said...excitedly over the video call.

"Yeah. You seem busy, are you busy?" I asked nervously.

"It's nothing I can't put on hold. So, what can I do for my baby?" Is she high? Or dying? Maybe she's been under someone's hold?

"Nothing serious. I just have some friends here who would like to say hi." She smiled softly and nodded. I waved them over and they joined me on the call.

"Good morning your highness!" They said happily in unison.

"Good morning girls! How are you girls doing?"

"We're good your highness."

"Um..mom, meet Camille, her father is the British Prime Minister and Louise, her father is the Earl of Wessex." She seemed impressed. She has never seemed impressed by anything I've done before.

"I'm delighted to make your acquaintances ladies. I'm glad Victoria is making friends with people like you."

"Thank you. I just wanted to let you know that I'm a huge fan your highness." Camille said happily.

"Ah." Mom seemed shocked. "Well, thank you Camille. I would love to meet you ladies in person sometime, maybe your friend can bring you here one day. Maybe you should even join us for the Ball." Oh no! Hell no!

"Mom, I don't think they would love that scene..."

"We'd love to!" They squealed happily. Why?!

"I'm glad! Victoria, can I have the name of your date?" My date???

"He's someone. You'll see him when we get there."

"Well, except you want his placement card to read 'someone' , you'll send his name before the end of the day."

"Yes mom."

"Thank you. Now, forgive me girls, but I have duties to get back to." And she ended the call. They were so happy that they didn't even notice my mood for a while.

"Don't you want us to be there Tori? Cause we could totally cancel." Louiss said as she noticed my mood.

"No! It's not that. I want you guys to be there, it's just that you guys just met me. Now, I'm the reason why you guys have to fly all the way to Denmark, get dresses for a ball, get dates and spend hours with people you don't even know." They laughed at that. It's almost as if they don't get it.

"Tori, we want to know where you are from. You're our friend and this experience is one of our firsts. We'll be fine, plus, we do love travel and fashion so this is totally our scene."

"Thanks Lou."

"You're welcome. So...who's your date?"

"It's totally Arthur!" Camille yelled as she pointed accusing fingers at me. How did she figure that out. Louise was looking at me, begging for a confirmation and my silence gave it.

"I knew it! You guys are dating aren't you?!"

"No...we're just going as friends. Arthur and I are just friends." They smiled in disbelief. Why don't they believe me?!

"Sure. You know, I've seen the way you look at him, you definitely want more than just friendship." Cam said.

"What?! I'm not doing this."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
3.9M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
52.8M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...