The Royal Series : Book 1

By petra71120

yghjooojihu More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 4

7 0 0
By petra71120

I was asleep when I heard someone knocking on my door. I checked my phone and it was almost 1am. I grabbed my phone and went to the door to see who it was and to my greatest surprise, it was Arthur.

"What are you doing here by this time?" I asked as I opened the door,still blocking his path.

"I needed someone to talk to. That is, if you still need help with that ice cream." He seemed so sad yet angry.

"Of course. Come in." I moved aside and I let him in. He went straight to the couch and just crashed into it. "So you left my door around 11:13pm and an hour and 46 minutes later, you're back here. Only difference is that something has you rattled up this time."

"Get the ice cream and maybe we can talk." I laughed as I got up and headed into the kitchen. I removed the huge ice cream bucket from the freezer and grabbed two spoons and then I went back to the couch. "Oh you weren't joking about the size."

"No I wasn't. My sister sent twelve of these buckets in different flavours to apologise for something." I said as I sat next to him and handed him the spoon. He happily took it and opened the ice cream.

"Ladies first." I gladly took my first scoop and then he joined. "So, what could've been so bad that your sister would send twelve ice cream buckets to apologise for?"

"She brought my mom here."

"What?! She should be set ablaze for this disdainful crime!" He said dramatically and then he started laughing. "I'm guessing your move to London has a lot to do with your mom huh?"

"Yep. Don't get me wrong, I love her but she can be a bit...."

"Overbearing. Not understanding. Cold towards your feelings. Inconsiderate. Selfish."

"All that and more but I don't think we're talking about my mom anymore and if we are, then you need to tell me where you met her cause I've never gotten a more detailed description of her." He let out a small laugh and then continued with the ice cream.

"It's just family drama, you wouldn't understand. "

"Try me." I said challenging his statement. I have been through so much that at this point, I doubt there's nothing I can't relate to.

"Fine. I'm 2nd in the line of succession and the pressure that comes with that is unimaginable for outsiders. My father is putting this fire around me for me to meet up with his unending demands and everyone else simply expects me to handle everything with such...."

"Grace? Simplicity? Power? Or is it elegance?" I asked smiling. I can relate.

"Sometimes I underestimate you. But yes. All of it. I need a break from everything and soon because I'm starting to unravel." A break huh? I don't want to take him because I don't want people assuming the worst. But he needs a break from his family and I need a date. Don't ask him! Don't ask him! Don't...!

"In that case, I have a proposal that could benefit us separately." Don't!

"I'm listening." So now I have his attention. Even if I wanted to turn back, there's no way!

"So, there's this...event at the Palace in Denmark and technically, I have to attend and I also need a plus one, so...." He had this mischievous smile on his face. He knew what I was going to ask him but he wanted me to say it.

"Of course I'll ask George to go with you!" Wait what?! After reading the look on my face, he couldn't hide his laughter anymore. "I'm just pulling your legs but seriously, you know you can take me on a date here in England right? You don't need to take me all the way to Denmark."

"It's not a date. You need to get out of here and I need someone to take me there, everyone leaves the table happy."

"Fine. You know the press will feed off of this story right? I can already imagine the headlines; Prince Arthur spotted with Victoria Schelswig: A possible union between Danish Royalty and British Royalty."

"Ahhhhh, you missed something; I don't use Schelswig at all. Legally it's my name but I would rather not make it known to everyone I meet that I am related to the Queen."

"I get that. You know, I'm sure you've not heard this before but you made a bold choice. Leaving everything behind and moving here to start afresh can't be easy and yet, you're excelling at it. You should be proud of yourself because not everyone can do this."

"Thank you. I just wished my family would see it this way. The only person who gets it is my grandmother."

"Your grandmother?"

"Mhmmm." He's still lost. Oh he has no idea who she is! I'm definitely going to have fun with this one. "You have no idea who she is, do you?"

"Nope. Danish history class wasn't that detailed to extended royal family members, just direct."

"Ahhh. In that case, I have a surprise for you." I moved the now almost empty ice cream bucket and got up.

"A surprise?"

"Mhmm. Just stay put." I ran into the room, got my laptop and went back to the couch.

"Wow! It's a laptop! I've never seen one of these before! What sorcery is this?!" Is he always so sarcastic? Seriously?

"Just stay calm." I sorted some things out and ended up in Skype.

"Who are you calling?" He asked as he turned the laptop to see what I was up to.

"My grandmother."

"It's late."

"Oh believe me, she's definitely still awake." And just then, she answered. The look on his face was priceless! I should've taken a picture so it would last longer. "Hi granny!" I said happily. He was still in shock.

"Your majesty!" He said nervously. He gave me a look that screamed 'your grandmother's the queen?!'

"Victoria! Sweetheart, I was wondering when you'd call. I see you have a friend over. Prince Arthur, it's good to see you again. How are you?"

"I'm good, Your Majesty. "

"I see that, well, I would hate to interrupt whatever fun you guys have going on there so I'll leave you both. Victoria, I'll expect your call by 9am sharp , not a minute more or less."

"Ok."

"Goodnight." And she was gone. Arthur was still in disbelief.

"Your grandmother is the Queen?! How did I miss this? She has two sons; Frederick and Christian. I know all about Frederick and Christian so how did I miss this?"

"Do you know about their kids?"

"Of course. "

"And you know what they all look like?" And he was stuck. It's easy to miss the small details. It's easy to know my name but if you have no idea what I look like, there would be an issue.

"Well, not all of them. I guess I missed that. So you are Princess Victoria of Denmark."

"Yep. But please, I'd rather leave all that behind. No one knows and I'd love to keep it that way."

"Ok, you have my word. So, tell me, is your grandmother as intimidating as they say she is?"

"Actually, she isn't. She can be though but she isn't. Is your grandmother as intimidating?"

"Only if you think a 67 year old woman with a crown and a bag filled with hard candy is intimidating."

"Ahhh." We talked and talked until we both fell asleep on the couch. Less than 4 hours after we said our goodnights, we were awakened by the sound of thunderous knocks on the door. Now I'm not sure how it happened but I woke up in Arthur's arms. He had this death grip on my body but it still felt comfortable. But when the knocking continued, I had to force myself out of his grip. I went to get the door and he made himself more comfortable on my couch.

"Who is it?!" I asked frustratingly when the knocking wouldn't stop. Why won't it stop?!

"His Royal Highness, Prince Arthur's Guards! Open up!" Oh shit! They must be looking for Arthur!

"Just give me a few minutes so I can get dressed!" I lied. I have to wake him up!

"We don't have the time for that ma'am!"

"I'm...I'm completely naked!" Someone shoot me! There was silence on their part so I took my opportunity. I ran to the couch and started tapping Arthur to wake up. "Arthur!" I yelled in hush tones.

"I'm trying to sleep here." He said in between soft snores. Oh he's so cute when he's asleep. No! This is not the time for this!

"Yeah, your guards are right outside and you need to get out of here." He was suddenly alarmed as he got up but there was nowhere to go. We looked through the back exit but for some reason, the press was gathered outside! "So you can't go through the front door or back door and your guards are going to break down my door real soon, what's the plan?" He paced around for a few seconds and then he turned to me.

"Do you have a wig?" I sighed in exhaustion. If this plan doesn't work, my whole cover will be blown. After making some arrangements, I went to open the door.

"Sorry for taking so long, I just had to attend to my sister when I went to get dressed." They eyed me suspiciously and then walked in.

"Do you live alone?"

"Normally, yes. But my sister got in last night so she's here."

While I was talking to the main guard, another was surveying my apartment. "Where is this sister?"

"She's in the room."

"Can you call her out?" Shit!

"Actually no. I can't."

"Why?" Yes, oh so smart Tori, why can't you call her out?!

"Because she's sick! Terribly sick! She's coughing and sneezing badly! I think she might have something contagious." Please let this work.

"Let us see her state. Then we'll call the ambulance to take her." I was nervous as I led them to my room. I could get arrested for lying! On getting to the door, we heard some deadly coughs and sneezes.

"I should probably get you guys some masks and gloves cause she might be contagious. Wouldn't want you guys getting members of the royal family sick." I was about to head off to get fake masks and gloves when they stopped me.

"Just open the door, we won't go in but we need to confirm that a sick lady's behind this door." And so I opened it. And a lady was in bed with her blonde hair showing slightly through the blanket. "Well, we're sorry for the disturbance and intrusion, we're just following orders." They said as I walked them back to the door.

"I totally understand. And I'm sorry, my sister's usually more spirited but...due to the circumstances." I said nodding.

"I'm sure. Have a lovely day ma'am. " I smiled as I locked the door and leaned against it for a while. This, can't happen again!

"Bravo! That was a stellar performance! Plus who knew all I needed was a wig and some fake coughs and sneezes to get those guys off my back, I would've done this long ago. "

"I don't doubt that. Look, you need to get out of here and I need to start my day. "

"Seems like you're asking me to leave?"

"I am. People think you're missing, you need to put everyone's mind at rest. Please." He smiled, walked up to me, gave me an actual hug and disappeared. I can't do this again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
310K 18.5K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...