CHANCE OF A LIFE TIME

By littlered1970

Your boss offer you a promotion of a lifetime and gives you time to think about it. But something happen... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5 (editing)
CHAPTER 6 (editing)
CHAPTER 7 (editing)
CHAPTER EIGHT (editing)
CHAPTER NINE (editing)
CHAPTER TEN (editing)
CHAPTER 11 (editing)
CHAPTER 12 (editing)
CHAPTER 13 (editing)
CHAPTER 14 (editing)
chapter 15 (editing)
CHAPTER 17 (editing)
chapter 18 (editing)
chapter 19 (editing)
chapter 20 (editing)
author note
Epilogue (editing)
author note
author note

chapter 16 (editing)

778 46 0
By littlered1970

Bpov

"Hello, Mr. Black. It's nice to see you again." No it's not. I say in my head.

"The reason we asked you here, is I would like you to accompany me to the ball Friday night." I gasped.

It's bad enough I have to wear a damn dress, now I got to go with this creep.

"Oh, I see. So what time should I be ready then Mr. Black?"

"I will send the limo for you at 6ish on Friday." I nodded.

I turned to Edward. "If that's all Mr. Cullen, I need to take Ms. Webber with me, for I have have to go dress shopping." He nods.

I walked out but I was very irritated. Once I left his office I went to Angela and told her she was taking the rest of the day off, that we were going dress shopping.

It was finally Friday I made Angela take a half a day off with me so both of us could get ready.

I'm so dreading this night. Not only do I have to wear a stupid dress, I have to go meet up with that creep, Jacob Black.

Now I know why I don't date. Men can be jerks. Alice and Rosalie came and done our hair and makeup.

I went and finally put on my dress and shoes while did Angela hair and makeup.

I walked out. "Oh my god Bella, you look absolutely stunning." Alice said. I start to blush.

Angela got her dress on. We heard a knock on the door. It was the driver picking me up.

I was so nervous. I got into the limo. Alice and her boyfriend were driving there.

This is the first time I ever went to. The limo comes to a stop.

My heart starts to pound. The door opens up. I get out and the were camera flashes everywhere.

I tried to cover my face and walk forward. I got to the door. Once inside, Jacob see me and walks up to me.

He holds out his hand and takes a bow in front of me. I did a small bow back. "Good evening, Ms. Swan. You look specular tonight."

"Thank you, Mr. Black." He held his arm out. "Shall we?" He says to me. I take his arm and he leads me into a bigger room.

I looked around there were alot of people here. There was music playing, some people were dancing. Some were at a buffet table, others were just talking with other people.

"Oh where are my matters, Ms. Swan would you like something to drink?" Jacob asked me.

"Yes, I like a glass of campaign please." I told him. He let go of my hand and walked away.

I then saw Edward talking to someone at a table he was sitting at.

He had turned and caught sight of me. He took a double take. I had to giggle, because it look like he was going to fall out of his chair.

I turned so he didn't see me laugh. Jacob came back with a glass of campaign and handed it to me.

"Thank you!" After about an hour Jacob drag me up to the dance floor.

"Umm, Mr. Black I'm sorry but I really don't know how to dance." I told him.

"Oh nonsense, it's easy." He takes one of my hand and puts it on his waist, then he puts his just in the middle of my back. The takes my other hand into his.

"Now, just follow me." He told me. "Alright but don't say I didn't warn you that I won't step on your toes sir."

As we move I stepped on his feet a couple of times. All we did is laugh about it up until he slid his hand down.

I started to get uncomfortable. "Will you excuse me please." He nodded and then bowed.

I just walked away and went into the ladies room. I finally took a second to gather myself.

I need a stronger drank I told myself. I walked back out and walked over to the bar.

"What will it be young lady?" The bartender asked me. "I need a shot of vodka please." He slid me a shot.

I took it in on swallow. "Another please."

"You got it little lady." He slid it to me. I drink it. "That bad?" I heard a familiar voice.

I turned and it was Edward. "Why would you care? Another please!" I turned back to the bar.

I drink it down. "If it's that bad why you even agree to go with him?" I rolled my eyes.

"It's just business right, so why not. Better for the company right. Rum and coke please!"

I needed to get away from Edward. I grabbed my drank.

"Bella just be careful." I turned and walked away. I swear this night can't get over soon enough.

I went and sat at a table in a corner. Jacob spotted me. He came and sat next to me.

He tried to talk to me but I wasn't up to talking at the moment. Angela walked up to me and I turned and started to talk to her.

She wanted me to walk outside with her. I turn to grab my drank that was still full and Jacob jumped back for some reason.

I thought it was kinda of strange. He was awful close to me and had his arm stretched out by my drank. I shake it off.

"I'll join later Mr. Black." I told him. I followed Angela out the back door.

Angela sat there and started talking. I told her how Mr. Black was acting she thought it was creepy to.

I took a sip of my drank and noticed a odd taste to it. I took another sip.

"This isn't right." I said. "What isn't right Bella?"

"This drink, it's got a weird taste to it now." I stopped drinking it.

About 20 minutes later when I was talking to Angela I started to feel funny.

I stood up. "Bella are you alright?" Angela asked me. "I not feeling all of a sudden. I'm just going to go to the ladies room and splash some water on my face."

I took a step and collapsed. "Or not! What the hell." Angela was by my side.

"Wait, Jacob was acting funny when I went to grab my drank before I came out here. You don't think he could of did something to my drank do you?" I asked.

"I don't know maybe." Whoo she sounded weird. I grabbed my head. "You sound like your underwater or something." I told her.

"Wait here, I'm going to go get help Bella!" Angela said. "Okie dokie, not going anywhere."

Angela got up and ran inside. I heard someone walk up to me. "Hey there you didn't come back in Ms. Swan I thought I come and check on you."

I turned and saw it was Jacob Black. I may not see straight but I can tell it's him.

"You stay away from me. I know you put something in my drink." I told him.

"Only to relax you my dear." I moved towards the small wall so I could pull myself up.

Not this time. No man going to do this again. "You stay away from me." I felt him put his hand on my shoulder.

"Get your hand off of me." I pulled myself up and used the wall to hold me and guide me to the door.

I finally got to the door breathing heavy and scared. I felt for the door knob. But then I felt an arm around me.

"Where are you going, your my date remember." I started to cry. "This date is over. I stomped on his foot.

He let go of me. "Umph!" I hit the ground. "Get away from her!" I heard Edward voice.

Angela was back at my side. "He was the only person I could find the quickest. Forgive me Bella!" Angela told me.

"It's alright Angela you did good, thank you." I grabbed her arm. My head wouldn't stop spinning.

Edward kneeled down to me. "Are you alright?" He asked me. "Not really, I don't feel so good. My drink right there tasted funny. Now I don't feel so good."

Edward got up and picked up my drink and smelled it. He shook his head. "It was spiked." He said.

"I know he said it was to relax me." Edward scooped me up. I laid my head against his chest and didn't move.

He walks in and go through all the people and then out the door I buried my face when I saw the flashes.

It was like he didn't care that everyone saw him carry me out. He sat me in a limo and told the driver something and then climb in beside me.

It was quite the whole trip. I didn't know where we were going. But I didn't care at the moment the way I was feeling.

I must of fell asleep, because I woke up to Edward scooping me back up out of the limo and carrying me into a house.

I didn't know where I was. He laid me on a bed and covered me with a blanket. I watched him walk out of the room. I fell back asleep.

I woke back up and sat up. I looked around it was dark but there was enough light coming in from the moon light.

I got up and slowly walked over to some glass doors. I open it and walked out.

I was nice. I realized I was still in my formal gown. I heard some music. I lied to Jacob Black. I do know how to dance.

I close my eyes. He was playing some classical music. I start to feel the music and move to it.

I felt free not a care in the world. Then adele set fire to the rain came on.

I made my own dance to this song. It was beautiful. Music I could express myself in my own way.

No one would know but me. I have to passion alright maybe more but dancing I can release my stress.

I was startled by Edward. "Now that is something I didn't know you could do and in a formal evening gown at that." I turned and saw Edward at the door way.

"Your still a pompous ass." I told him. "Alright I deserve that! I'm sorry Bella. I said things I shouldn't have. Believe me I been beating myself up over this." He told me.

"Really, in the meantime I'm don't know which way to turn. One minute I want to be as far from you as possible and the next I .. ughh forget it. Doesn't matter any ways. Not like I can do anything." He looks at me confused.

"What are you talking about Bella, your confusing the hell out of me."

"The hell with it." I walk over to him and stand in front of him. "You think your confused Edward, so am I more then you will ever know."

He raise a eye brow. "Are you that stupid that you can't figure out what going on?" I asked him.

He just stands there. I finally just press my lips against his. It didn't take much to get him to comply in return.

My arms wrapped around his neck as his wrapped around my waist. He deepen the kiss. I traced his lips to grant me entrance, which he granted as I did him.

He pulls me closer to him. Until I pull away and lean my head on his shoulder.

I smile the biggest smile. "Get it now, but I don't think I'm so confused anymore." I giggled.

"Alright I get it now." I take a deep breath and let go and walk back towards the glass doors.

"So what do we do now? I mean I know now what I want. But I can't hide how I feel about you Edward. I mean for god sake I work with you everyday and your the only person all along I felt safe with. It's always been you. I just never knew who it was until you told me."

I was being turned around and Edward hands were on both sides of my face. "Do you remember tonight?" He asked me.

"Bits and pieces. Wait you carried me through the building full of people and I remember cameras flashing."
I told him.

"I didn't care who saw me carrying you out of there. Bella I can't stand these guys hurting you like this. I care about you to much. I'm willing to try and work with you and be with you."

I wrapped my arms around his neck. "All I want is to feel safe and that's here with you." I told him.

We didn't do anything but talk and kiss and he held me. The next day he took me back to Angela.

Angela of course about knocked me over when I walked in. "Your alright, I'm so happy." She said.

"Calm down Edward took me back to his place. I'm fine and no we didn't do nothing but I kissed him."

Angela started to squeal. "Did he kiss you back so are you guys together finally." She asked.

"Yes and yes!" I giggled. "Now let me go get a shower and change please."

I grabbed my bathrobe and bathroom stuff and went into the shower.

Once I was done I took everything back to my room and my cell phone rang.

I answered it. "Hello beautiful!" I laughed. "Edward we really need to get glasses back on you, because I'm not beautiful." I told him.

I walked into the kitchen and got some coffee. " I was thinking since it is Saturday and we just early in our relationship would you like to go somewhere with me today." I then heard a knock on the door.

"Hold that thought." I told him. I set my coffee on the stand next to the door. I open the door.

"Isabella Swan!" The guy asked. "Yes!" I told him. "These are for you!" He hands me a long box. "Umm, thank you."

I shut the door. "What was that about?" Edward asked me. "Not sure, a guy just delivered a long white box with a ribbon on it. Did you send me something." I asked him.

"Noped, but I was going to pick up something." He told me. "Hold on and I will open it." I set my phone down.

I set the box on the table and untied the ribbon. I open the box and there were a dozen long stem roses in it.

I picked up the phone. "Edward are you sure you didn't send me anything?" I asked him afraid to look at the card.

"Yeah I'm sure why?" I took a deep breath. Because someone just sent me a dozen long stem roses." I just didn't know who would send them.

"Edward I'm not comfortable with this especially if it wasn't you that sent them." I could tell Edward was getting a little on edge.

"Bella read the card." I slowly reach down for the card and picked it up.

"I had a real nice time last night Ms. Swan. I hope we can do it again.
Jacob Black.

"That ass. If he thinks I'm even stepping in the same room with him." I jumped when the house phone rang.

Angela picked it up thank god. "Who are they from Bella?" I took a deep breath. "Jacob Black." I told him.

"Bella, the phone for you." I looked at Angela confused, because no one calls me on her house phone.

"Your joking right?" I asked her. "Nope, some guy on the phone for you. Didn't say who was."

I grabbed the phone. "Hello!" I said. "Good day Ms. Swan this is Jacob Black and I was wondering if you would accompany me for tea or is it coffee in your country."

I about choked. "Excuse me!" I said. "I'm sorry did you not hear me?" I gasp.

"I heard you, but what makes you think I would go anywhere with you after what you did last night?"

He laughed. "Oh that, I told you I only gave you something to relax you. So let's say I will pick you up at 1 today."

"I would say not I already have plans." I told him. "Well can't you change them?" He asked me.

"No!" I hung up on him. I grabbed my cell phone. "Edward are you still there?" It sounded like he was in a car. "Yeah I'm still here."

"Are you in a car?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm on my way to you." My eyes almost pop out. I'm only in my bathrobe.

"Bella, don't argue with me about this but pack a bag for a few days trust me will you."

I walk back to my room. "I trust you, but what about my car?" I asked. "Leave it."

I get off the phone with Edward and get dress. I pull my hair back into a ponytail. I pack a bag like told me to.

I walk back out. "Angela I'm going away for a few days Edward coming to get me." My cell rings.

"I'm here!" Edward said. "I will be down in a sec. "I will see you. Oh do not tell anyone that I'm with Edward. I will do that." Angela agreed.

I got downstairs and got into Edward car. "Alright I like it!" I told him. It was a blue ford mustang.

He just smiles. "Just shut up Swan and fasten your seat belt." I giggled. "Yes sir!"

Edward shakes his head. "So where we going?" I asked him. "My place first." I looked at him confused.

"Relax will you. We're just taking your stuff there." We pulled into the gated driveway.

Once we got up to his house he pulled into the the garage and parked.

He got out and walked over to my side and open the door. "Are you going to sit in the car or are you going to come in."

Even though I was here last night I was still nervous. He grabbed my bag from the back seat.

He walks me in. I hope the room you were in last night will be alright for you?" He asked me.

"Yeah it will be fine." I told him. He doesn't live in a mansion like I thought he would.

It's still nice though, cozy. My cell started to ring. I look at it and it was Angela.

"What's up Angela I just left there not even a half hour ago." I told her.

"You remember that guy that you went to the ball with and he drugged you and all right." I was little confused why she was asking me.

"Yeah why." I say. "Well he was just here saying he was here to pick you up for tea that you guys already set it up." I gasp.

"The nerve of that guy. Angela we didn't have nothing set up. I'm sorry just try to avoid him." I told her.

"Ughh!" I was so frustrated with this guy already. Something told me I should of never made the deal with him

"What's wrong?" Edward asked me. "Jacob Black that's what wrong. He just showed up at Angela to pick me up for coffee that I turned him down for."

I shake my head. "I know he our biggest overseas account Edward and I landed it, but I'm beginning to feel like it was a big mistake. I'm sorry Edward. I didn't mean for this to happen." I turned away from Edward.

"Bella you didn't do nothing wrong. You finished what we set out doing in the first place before the plane crashed. You landed the deal. Even got him to change the name of his company to ours.
Probably more then I could of done. You didn't know he was going to be like this."

I let out a sigh. "I didn't know I was going to be a partner in the biggest publishing company either. But I am! Hell I didn't even know the person I always felt safe with and had feelings for all these years was even real.
I was beginning to think I was going crazy or I was dreaming, up until Mike well.."

I just couldn't say it. Tears started to fall. I felt Edward arms wrap around me.

"I know! I wish I could of got there sooner. You don't know what it been doing to me since you got mad at me and I didn't get to you in time."

Edward buried his face in the back of my head. "I just can't be with out you any more. I want to keep you in my arms like this all the time. Maybe someday when your ready we can go forward. But I can't hide how I feel for you anymore Bella."

I turn around in his arms. "Then don't! Quick hiding how you feel Edward." I wrap my arms around his neck.

I press my lips to Edwards and trace my tongue around his to grant me entrance. It didn't take much. I granted him entranced as well.

He pulled away. He smiled. "Alright let's go. I still had plans for us today." Edward scooped me up and carried me out to the garage.

"Put me down Edward. I can walk you know." I giggled. "Yeah but I like you better in my arms." I started to laugh when he sat me down beside a truck.

I cork a brow and looked over to Edward. "Umm, I think I need a ladder to get in here." The truck had a small lift to it.

Edward looked back at me and started to laugh. "Oops, forgot your alittle short."

"Hey, I'm not that short mind you." Then he stands in front of him and looks down.

I start blushing. "Alright maybe I'm just a little short." Edward laughs. He kisses the top of my head.

He lifted me up in the truck. "That's alright I look adorable."

Edward jumped into the driver seat and took off.

Is Jacob Black stalking Bella now. Who knows.

Thank you for reading my stories, following me, voting and commenting.

I don't own all my characters Stephanie Meyer does.

I own the rest of my characters and the story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 205 6
Bella, an uptight, cold executive, is on her way home for Christmas. The first Christmas she's been home since she started working for the Fortune 50...
126K 6K 31
"𝐈'đ¯đž 𝐚đĨđĢ𝐞𝐝𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐚đĨ𝐭 𝐰đĸ𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠đĢđĸ𝐞𝐟. 𝐈 𝐰đĸđĨđĨ đ§đžđ¯đžđĢ 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 đĸ𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 đĸ𝐭'đŦ 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐚đĸđĢ 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮'đĢ𝐞...
12.1K 572 30
!!THIS STORY IS MINE! DO NOT REPOST OR COPY PLS. Please don't judge me on this book, I'm bad at writing and to be honsest I don't what I'm doing. So...
78.5K 1.9K 16
"And so the Lion falls in love with the lamb" "What a stupid lamb" "What a sick, masochistic lion." (Yes, i know, thats Edward and Bellas quote but...