same as in the past

By scthompson

Angeline Beaufort and Klay Thompson dated when they were young, but Angeline had to return to her hometown, P... More

1. the new girl
2.the game
3. I hate goodbyes
4. apparently time has passed
5. I thought I would never see her again
6. do you want to like, hang out?
7. the date
8. Independence Day
9. do we go to the curry house???
10.I want spend all the time with u
11. u and me under of the moonlight
12. acting work
13. Can we talk?
14. Paris is the city of love, isn't it?
15. I hurt myself
17. What are you afraid of?
18. wedding plans
19. Moons
20. the beginning of a new chapter
21. epilogue

16.The night of gala

155 2 0
By scthompson

 If there is one thing Klay hates in this world, it is not playing. Basketball is a boy's life, and to see his teammates playing and him not being able to do anything is horrible.

 The good side of all this was that the injury was not serious. Thompson would only be out for three games, just as a precaution, and Angel was spoiling him more than ever.

 Milena had traveled to Brazil so in order not to be alone at the university she was spending time at Klay's house. It was as if the two of them were on vacation, Angel took advantage of the free time at college and spent the whole day lying with Klay while they watched a movie.

-Hello? -Klay picked up the cell phone lying on the couch and answered. -Hey Harry...I'm better, thanks for asking. Yes, of course, it would be a pleasure...see you.

 Angel didn't understand much of the conversation.

-Who was that? -He asked the boy.

-Harry Lambert.

-The stylist? -Angel asked, shocked.

-Yes, he said that we are going to be asked to the Met Gala and he would like to dress us.

 Angel didn't understand at all why Klay was so calm. Harry Lambert was calling them to the >Met Gala<????????

-You've got to be kidding me.

-I'm not. -Klay laughs weakly.

-This is amazing Klay.

-I think the best part will be seeing you in a gala dress. -Klay smiles sideways.

-Seeing you in a suit won't be bad at all. What's the theme this year?

-Ancient Greece. I don't know anything about fashion, I'm leaving it up to Harry.

-The theme is amazing, I'm sure Harry will do the best.

 Angel was still shocked, not even in her wildest dreams could she have imagined that this would happen. She remembered her childhood days when she would stay up all night looking at the wonderful clothes of famous people and now it would be her. This was the craziest dream she could have.

 For major reasons Milena's return was delayed, which made Angel go back to university. Klay had also returned and was training more slowly, but was already active. Milena had only been away two weeks, but even then she was not holding back from missing the boy.

 Jordan had applied to pick her up at the airport, and only after much insistence did she give in. Milena was not one of those girls who liked to be spoiled and not be independent, and Jordan was the boy who did everything for the girl, treating her like a princess. With time and living together, Milena began to let herself be spoiled.

-I missed you. -Jordan said, kissing the girl.

-I missed you too. Actually, I "missed" you.

 Jordan looked confused at her, since she had said a word that wasn't in English.

-What is it?

-It's a Portuguese word, it's like I missed you but it's something stronger. Saudades is a very deep feeling, it's not just missing the person, it's missing their way, their smile, their laugh, everything. Sometimes you miss someone you have at least seen. When you love someone so much, missing them hurts.

-That's...damn Milena. So, I missed them too. -Jordan tries to speak the word in Portuguese with the greatest effort in the world.

-Your Portuguese is better than mine.

Jordan laughed and was silent for a while.

-Milena?

-Hi.

-I love you.

 It was the first time he had ever said this to her, and she hadn't been expecting it. Milena had a few times to say it, a few moments that would be wonderful and special, but it wasn't easy. So it was good that Jordan had taken the initiative.

-I love you too, Jordan.

          . . .

 The day of the met gala had arrived, Angel could explode with anxiety and felt his heart leaping out.

 That was too crazy, she couldn't imagine it even in her wildest dreams.

 She had gone to the dress fitting a few times, but nothing concrete, which made her anxiety even greater.

 The two of them went to New York the day before, and took the opportunity to go out to dinner with Stephen and Ayesha, who were also there.

-I'm so nervous. -Angel says, taking a deep breath.

-It's going to be okay baby, you look beautiful. -Klay says complimenting the girl.

 She had already changed, her white dress had golden details that imitated Zeus' rays. The hair was arranged in the same tone as the details.

 Klay was in the same vein, with a white suit and gold details. He was perfection itself. Angel swore she was dating an angel because it's not possible for someone that beautiful.

-What are you looking at? -Klay says smiling at the girl.

-I'm looking at the wonder I'm dating.

-I can say the same thing about you. -The boy approaches her and places a kiss on her cheek.

-Shall we go? The car is out front.

-Let's go.

 The two had arranged to go with Stephen and Ayesha. The couple was dressed all in black and with some details on their clothes that imitated constellations and the moon.

-You guys look great. -Ayesha said as she got into the car with the couple.

-I can say the same for you. -Angel says smiling.

 The driver starts the car and drives to the museum where the met gala will take place. Some fans stayed in front of the hotel to get some pictures and stories. Besides the fans, the noise of the paparazzi cameras entered the couples' ears.

-Don't be nervous. You look beautiful. -Klay put his hand on Angel's thigh and whispered.

 Angel took a deep breath and gave Klay a quick kiss.

 Thompson and Curry went downstairs to help their respective loved ones down. The two were guided to the red carpet, just behind Curry.

 The flashes from the cameras made Angel's eye a little irritated but nothing the girl couldn't handle.

 After a few poses, photos and outbursts when seeing famous people, like this one:

-Klay, is that Tom Holland and Zendaya over there?

-It is, love. -Klay smiles.

-Milena will freak out about this.

-Do you like it?

-Do I like it? Of course, Klay. Today is the best day of my life. Thank you for that.

-No need to thank you, beautiful. Your happiness is mine. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.6K 2.5K 24
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, she finds a best friend & lifelong companion in her teammate.
72.2K 1.3K 24
We can't always get what we want in life. I found that out when I lost my best friend to the one thing he loved in this world: Basketball. But what I...
55.7K 939 35
Amari hates Stephen from something that happened a while ago but then gets stuck in a publicity stunt to help her career. Find out what happens when...
79.6K 4.5K 35
The journey of two different individuals as they navigate the world of social media fame and professional basketball in, "The Influence." Dearra Tayl...