Recreation of "A Faint Memory...

By DarkStoriesUnite

(This is the recreation of the book "A Faint Memory." I've had to make a new account, because it was hacked... More

Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Answering Questions
Chapter 3: New Home
Chapter 4: Warming up to the Team
Chapter 5: Strange Dreams/Visions
Chapter 6: That Familiar Smile
Chapter 7: Hide & Seek
Chapter 8: Home at Last
Chapter 9: His Strange Behavior
Chapter 10: Humanity sucks Sometimes
Chapter 11: No One Shall be Left Behind
Chapter 13: Useless Rescue Mission
Chapter 14: Team Argument
Chapter 15: A New Ally
Chapter 16: Unpleasant Memories
Chapter 17: Who Did This?
Chapter 18: Where have you been?
Chapter 19: Lone Survivor
Chapter 20: Back to Base
Chapter 21: Flying Lessons
Chapter 22: Grounded
Chapter 23: On Speaking Terms
Chapter 24: Big Kitty
Chapter 25: New Recruit
Chapter 26: Race to the Stars
Chapter 27: Spider Menace
Chapter 28: Voice of Darkness
Chapter 29: Take a Break
Chapter 30: Memory Received

Chapter 12: Fight or Flight

175 7 0
By DarkStoriesUnite

Megatron's POV:

I was surrounded. Bumblebee had been knocked out. I stayed near him. I swore to never let them get their claws on him. I kept my stance wide, my blade the only thing keeping them at bay. I grit my teeth, ready to slash if I needed to. One decided to take a step closer so I swung my blade in their direction. "STAY BACK!!!" I shouted. 

"Careful..." Soundwave spoke. "He may not remember us, but he's still knows how to fight..." I looked up at my old friend. His face was covered, so I couldn't tell what he was thinking. Not without a good look at his face.

"What do you want?" I finally spoke. "Because if your plan is to destroy this planet, then I won't let you!!!"

"That's not what we came for..." He insisted.

"Then why did you steal human technology?" I asked, confused. 

"To get your attention..." he replied. "We simply just want you to return to the nemesis... We came for you..."

"Why me?" I asked. "What's so important about me?" He hesitated. 

"You are our leader..." he spoke. "Our only hope to the Decepticon cause... to revolt against the Autobots..."

"But why?!" I asked. "Why do you feel the need to fight?"

"You were the one who started our revolution..." Soundwave replied. "You gave us a reason... the courage to fight for ourselves..." That's right, I too was worried for our own safety, but... The war had ended, hadn't it? Why are we still fighting? I looked up at my old friend. 

"You have yet to answer my question...Why are we still fighting?" I asked once more. 

"The Autobots only care about their authority to rule..." he spoke. "They are afraid of letting those lower than them gain control..."

"That's not true..." I spoke. "This is all just a misunderstanding... We are afraid of each other. There is no reason to continue fighting..." He hesitated. 

"I see..." he spoke. "It seems you have been manipulated..."

"What-" They all got closer. I grabbed a hold of BeeBee, who seemed just as confused as me. 

"Megs? What's going on?" he asked. 

"Call a groundbridge..." I muttered. I shot at anyone who tried to come close. Eventually, a groundbridge was called. We went for it, but before I could get anywhere near it, I was electrocuted and pinned down. 

"MEGATRON!" I heard Bee shout. I slashed at the mute. 

"Bumblebee, get to base!" I ordered. 

"B-But-"

"NOW!!!" I shouted, as I got shoved down again. I watched to make sure BeeBee had made it through. Once he made it through I felt a quick sharp pain burn through my entire frame, and suddenly my vision became blurry, until I was completely lost in darkness.

Optimus's POV:

Bumblebee just crumbled in tears. Our only hope for ending this war was taken. It was my own fault. I should've taken things more seriously. This is exactly what I feared would happened if I decided to let my guard down. I've learned my lesson. "Optimus!" Arcee spoke. "What do we do now?" Everyone looked towards me for answers. I honestly didn't know what to do, but I couldn't tell them that. I'm the only hope they have left. 

"We will get him back..." I announced. "One way or another..."

(At the Nemesis)

Megatron woke to a bright light shining in his face. He winced, still in pain from the electric shock. "W-What?..." he spoke. 

"Ah... You're online!" spoke a familiar voice. Megatron blinked a couple times until his vision refocused to see a young, red Decepticon about the same size as Bumblebee. "Good morning, sleeping beauty." he mocked. He recognize the Con's design. 

"You're designation is Knockout, is it not?" Megatron asked.

"Hmm... So you DO remember me?", Knockout chirped. "It's been awhile since anyone has used that word, though..." He mumbled.

"Designation?" Megatron asked. 

"Yes, that one!" Knockout spoke, seeming a bit proud of himself. He suddenly frowned. "Y-You know... It's... been awhile since I've been able to speak with you personally." Knockout confessed. "Usually, you're... too busy for small talk..." the doctor spoke sadly. Megatron wasn't quite sure what to say. 

"I... I'm sorry...?" he spoke.

"No need!" Knockout spoke with a smirk. "I understand. Someone needs to play the serious, strong leader role in order to keep us in line." Megatron scoffed. 

"You're the only one I act this way with..."He repeated. 

"Excuse me?" Knockout spoke, confused. 

"That's what Optimus said to me..." he confessed. Knockout froze at the sound of the name. "Apparently, we are more alike than I thought..." he mumbled. "Whenever we were alone... He'd act different than he would with the others... He was... honest... with me..." Megatron chuckled. "I asked why he put his trust in me... You know what he said?" Knockout kept quiet, yet curious of the answer. "He said he didn't know... That he was just as confused as I was... Can you believe that?" Knockout shook his helm in response. "A Prime told me he had no idea what he was doing..."

"What else did he tell you?" Knockout asked. 

"We... just talked... about the past and about what we knew about the war..." Knockout, was intrigued by what he was hearing. "He told me his half of the story..." 

"R-Really...?" Knockout mumbled. 

"I don't know what caused the war..." he repeated. "The Decepticons just attacked out of no where... That's what he told me..."

"No!" Knockout protested. Megatron looked to the medic. "T-They're the ones who started the war... They killed one of our own! They killed an innocent Con for speaking out of line!!" he shouted. 

"Knockout-"

"They shattered an innocent spark!"

"Knockout! Listen!" Megatron shouted, making the medic freeze in fear. "You say it as if every Autobot wanted them dead... But, Optimus said that the fate of the slave was never voted upon. No one was offered to make a vote whether or not they were executed. The Decepticons weren't the only ones who were upset, but the Autobots too. Some didn't care but most, especially Orion, found it unnecessary and cruel." Knockout just stared, his optics leaking lubricants. "It wasn't the Autobots who killed the slave, it was the high council." he stated finally. "Like I told Soundwave, this is all just a misunderstanding."

"Then why was the high council sided with the Autobots...?" Knockout asked.

"Because they were afraid that the slaves would rise in power... The high council wanted power over us, so they joined the Autobots..." Knockout only stared. "Optimus said it himself... He knows of the corruption that was brought to the Autobot cause..."

"And you really think he's telling the truth?" Knockout asked, still skeptical.

"That is one of the many things I'm still unsure about... But, I have hope!" he confessed. Megatron tried to lift himself up, but found that he was bound to the medical table. Didn't take long for the medic to noticed Megatron's confusion.

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you go... Soundwave's orders..." Knockout spoke, sadly. 

"I understand..." Megatron mumbled. There was a small wave of silence for awhile.

"I-I... I really want to believe what you see, but... I-I can't..." Knockout confessed.

"I know... That is your choice... But, I choose to put my trust in him... So that you don't have to..." Megatron spoke. Knock stared down for a moment. 

"O-Okay... I'll release you from your bindings, but you must stay in this room!" Knockout ordered. Megatron was surprised of how quickly Knockout changed his mind, but decided not to ask.

"Understood." Megatron promised, before Knockout deactivated the chain, that bonded Megatron to the medical table. Megatron sat up.

"There! You can move now... But, please remain in this room..." Knockout whispered. 

"Thank you..." Megatron spoke, softly. He smiled up at the medic, rubbing at his wrists.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 6.1K 79
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

152K 3.5K 50
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
1.2M 51.3K 97
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
818K 50K 115
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...