Dark Moon

بواسطة thriving-13

Omegas aren't meant to be leaders according to most packs. However, Sage's pack has been under the lead of a... المزيد

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
Tapas

19

4.1K 190 15
بواسطة thriving-13

Sage's POV:

It's been a quiet couple of weeks since my heat ended, even though there's been sightings and the scent of wolves whom don't belong to the packs around the borders. There hasn't been any around ours, so I assume they chose to back off because we chased them off the last time they tried to attack.

Charlie has been spending a lot of time at the pack house while Nolan works because he doesn't feel comfortable going out and making friends. According to him, he's happy with me being his only friend, and he gets along with Reid, the Alpha that we brought back when the snowstorm hit.

Reid is only seventeen, and he reminds me a lot of when Ashton first arrived, but he's gained very little confidence and hasn't really grown much. He's always hesitant unless he's around my dad or an Omega because he's so insecure.

Nolan is comfortable with Reid being around his mate because all the two do is play board games or watch cartoons. Reid also makes sure that Charlie eats during the day when Nolan isn't around and he's very proud of his cooking skills.

Right now, Charlie is making himself comfortable on the couch while Reid cooks a big pot of clam chowder on the stove. Since it's still cold out and there is a small amount of snow, Reid has been making a bunch of different kinds of soup for us.

Charlie winces when he moves and lays his head back on the pillow behind him. "Fuck, these pups are going to kill me," he groans helplessly, holding his growing belly. "They won't stop moving!"

He learned a couple of weeks ago that he's going to have twin girls, and Charlie is thrilled. He's so excited to meet his two girls in a few months, as he's now four months along and standard pregnancies for werewolves are seven months.

"I'm sure they're just excited to meet their daddy," I comment, patting his calf gently.

Charlie scowls at his belly. "You'll escape your flesh prison soon enough, girls. For now, though, stop kicking your daddy!"

Ashton comes downstairs, drying his hair off with a small towel before he lies it over his shoulder. He did some additional training with Ronaldo this afternoon whereas I wanted to come home to make sure Charlie and Reid were both doing okay.

"I smell soup," Ashton announces, sitting beside me and kissing my cheek. "How have things been here, love?"

My face warms up. Ever since we announced we love each other, Ashton has started to use more pet names for me, such as "Omega," "love," and "angel."

All names that are super cute and make me blush every time. I'm pretty sure he's using the advantage of pet names to make me blush in order to take revenge on me for making him blush so much when he first got here.

"They've been fine," I respond, smiling up at him. "How was training?"

He grumbles irritably. "Ronaldo is trying to kick my ass with training."

I giggle since I know how tough Ronaldo can be. Since I've appointed him as the one to take over as head warrior once I become Alpha and Zach becomes Beta, I've had him run training sessions for the older warriors, including myself. Those sessions are tough and Ronaldo doesn't hold back.

He's the perfect pick for someone to take over as the official head warrior due to his determination and dedication.

"You're going to be sore tomorrow," I tell him and he pouts. "Poor Alpha."

Ashton leans closer to me and nips my earlobe. "I'll make you sore in a different way, Omega," he growls and I love how confident he's getting, but I definitely do not like the loud whine that escapes my throat.

Charlie starts to laugh and I catch a smirk on Reid's face.

"You two are adorable," Charlie chirps. "But save the horniness for the bedroom, will you?"

I bury my face into Ashton's chest in embarrassment, but I get even more annoyed because he's laughing. Of course, I can't stay too mad because he's wearing black jeans and a white long sleeve shirt, a combination of clothes that's my favorite on him.

"Sorry, future Alpha and Luna here," Ashton announces, smirking at Charlie. "Every space is our space to be horny teenagers."

Charlie scowls. "I like live porn as much as the next wolf, but my mate isn't here so it's a bit awkward."

"I agree with Charlie!" Reid announces, carrying a tray with four bowls of soup. "Here you go."

We all eat in silence, except for Charlie who keeps wincing and letting out small groans when his pups move around and mess with his sore belly.

"You poor thing," Ashton says, giving Charlie a pitiful look. "Do you need any painkillers or tea?"

"Tea would be nice," Charlie says and Ashton heads to the kitchen to put a pot of hot water on. "Ashton, did Nolan say when he'd be back? He's having a private training lesson with Ethan."

Ashton shrugs. "I didn't ask, but they're usually an hour or so, but with all of his other work it could be a couple of hours," he says and Charlie pouts. "Charlie, he's doing it so he can protect you and your babies."

"That's your job!" Charlie whines. "Warriors protect, ambassadors travel... he should be cuddling with me while he has time off! Christmas is next week and he won't give me any attention because apparently training is more important!"

I look to Ashton and my mate just shrugs. "He'll be back soon and we can discuss him taking time off for this week in order to spend time with you," I promise him.

Ashton better be giving me attention when I get pregnant and am needy as hell. He knows it, too.

I feel bad for Charlie, because if there wasn't so much potential danger with Ashton's old pack, I know that Nolan would allow his mate to be with him right now. It's just the fear of them dragging off a pregnant Omega who's already almost been kidnapped once that caused Nolan to keep him in the house with us watching him.

Reid disappears up to his room once he finishes eating, saying he doesn't feel that well and wants to go take a nap. He must have a cold or something of the sort because of the weather. A lot of us have been getting colds, which is pretty rare but it does happen when it gets extremely cold out, like it has been this year.

Nolan gets home when it's getting dark out and Charlie is clearly happy to see him, but he's stubborn and refuses to hug his mate.

"Oh, don't be like that," Nolan says sadly, trying to kiss his mate only for his lover to move his face and refuse to let Nolan kiss him. "Sweetheart... I've been training. I'm sorry that I've been away..."

Zach and Owen come bursting through the door, both of them breathing heavily. Their sudden arrival has myself, Ashton, and Nolan on our feet, defending Charlie.

"What's going on?" I ask, my voice loud and demanding.

"What?" Zach asks, panting, and I see a smile on his face. "Oh, we're fine! We were racing back, no problem."

Owen scoffs. "Yeah, and he tripped me so he could win. Oh, also, the Alpha and Luna are coming back. They want to have a discussion about the post-Christmas plans to visit the Eastern Mountain pack."

"Don't burst in like that," Ashton says, sitting back down. "I thought we were under attack."

I nod in agreement, glaring at the pair.

"Sorry," Owen says, catching Charlie's eye. "I hope we didn't stress you out."

Charlie shrugs. "All good. Also, Nolan, I'm still mad at you."

Nolan lifts up his mate. "I can make it up to you back at home... what do you say, sweetheart?"

"...you have to earn my forgiveness, so that's a good start."

The two leave the pack house hand in hand when my parents arrive. They're not asked to stay, which gives me some relief, because those two deserve to be together for more time during the day. They are a great couple and they both deserve the world.

"My office, please," mom says, beckoning myself, Ashton, Zach, and Owen into her office.

The four of us sit on the couch in the office while my dad and mom sit on the two chairs behind the desk.

"You four are going to go with Nolan after Christmas to meet with the Eastern Mountain pack to discuss the new year plans and continuous sightings. We have discussed it with Nolan and depending on Charlie's state, he may go with you. He's been too needy to be left behind and it isn't running into an attack. Bay will be sending some warriors to accompany you, so it should be safe."

I think it sounds pretty risky, but asking Nolan to leave Charlie behind again could be the last straw for them both because they need to be together right now.

"Should be?" Ashton asks anxiously. "Alpha, all due respect... are you sure that's a good idea? We all want Charlie to be safe and I worry that we won't be able to if we're attacked. Haven't you been keeping him here for that very reason?"

Mom nods, but her face stays the same emotionless expression. "Yes, I have, but he's still well enough to move even if he's getting heavier with pregnancy. Plus, this is just a visit, not rushing into an attack."

"Wolves have traveled further during pregnancy," I point out. "We'll keep him safe, Ash. We're all very capable of fighting and there haven't been many ambushes. Especially with the extra warriors coming to assist us."

Ashton relaxes a bit and we continue to discuss the plan for movement before my dad moves on to a happier subject.

"So, the four of you are all finally mated to your respective mates," dad says, grinning. "So we have two mating ceremonies to plan! Now, do either of your couplings have plans?"

I shake my head, looking at my three friends who have the same response. "I forgot that was even a thing. Plus, Ashton and Owen have never been to a mating ceremony."

"Well, Zach and Sage, you both know what needs to be done. Zach, you and Owen mated first, so you get to choose your date first... it has to be a on a full moon, so let's look at our calendar..."

Mating ceremonies are a way for the pack to witness the union of two mates under the goddess' eyes, and it's usually followed by a party of sorts.

Zach and Owen decide to go for the next full moon that will appear in mid January while Ashton and I opt for the following one in February.

"Alright, you're all dismissed," mom says and Owen grabs my arm once we've left.

I give him a confused look while Ashton growls lowly. "Wrong guy," I comment, redirecting his hand to Zach.

"No, I need your help," Owen says, laughing. "I've never celebrated Christmas so you need to guide me so I can get my mate a present while Zach shows Ashton what to do."

I look at Ashton who doesn't look too happy but he sighs.

"It won't be long," I promise Ashton, smiling and pecking his lips. "Have fun with Zach."

He smiles and kisses me back, much deeper than I did with him. "Alright, angel," he purrs, causing my face to warm up. "I'll see you soon."

Owen drags me out the door after I yell at him that I love him.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

3.5M 144K 67
"I didn't ask to be this way!" "What's wrong with it?" Kegan laughed dryly, amazed by the stubbornness of the Alpha. "What's wrong with being weak...
3.9M 169K 81
August Hael is an Omega in a world full of wolves, Omega's aren't treated as well as other Dominant and Submissive wolves are. In his pack, they're t...
247K 13.1K 34
Koa is sick of being an omega. The alphas in his pack treat his kind as objects solely for breeding and pleasure. He does everything to protect his s...
13.9K 541 19
Giovanni Moretti, the most handsome and successful Alpha of all times. He is a womanizer. Already 26 years old and he hasn't found his goddess given...