Days Gone || Hwang Hyunjin

By youngNfreeAstronAut

•Away from everything he's known, he meets someone different, someone who, unaware of who he really is, liste... More

1• Arrival
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11 •The birthday pt.1•
12 •The birthday pt.2•
13. The birthday pt. 3•
14
15.
16.
17•
18•
19
20. Trip
21. My feelings for You
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
28.
29. Seoul
30. Meeting the boys
31. That one surprise
32
33• GoodBye
34•
•Epilogue•

27.

3.1K 119 64
By youngNfreeAstronAut

Hayul's POV

"I'll get water ready, please make yourself comfortable."

"Hey, I invited you to dinner, let me do it" he whined.

"It's fine" I chuckled, "I'm sure you're tired, please just sit and rest."

"How about we make them together?" He suggested.

"Fine" I shrugged, waving my hand for him to move to the kitchen with me. I took out two small pots and poured some water in, bringing it to boil. Hyunjin prepared the sauce in the mean time, he said his mom taught him to make Instant ramen more delicious, as he quoted.

While he mixed everything up, I arranged my table and place two glasses of water, chopsticks and napkins. He brought the two pots and placed them on each side of the little table, and we sat down to eat.

We ate and talked, we joked about how the elders were always right and how Mrs Kim would be happy to know about it, but we decided we wouldn't say anything yet. Honestly, we're not a couple, we just confessed to each other, and that's fine. One step at a time.

On one of those pauses, I thought about something I hadn't before, and I honestly don't know why, because it's an important matter.

I like him, yes, and he likes me back. But I seemed to forget about who we are. There is no way someone like him could easily be with someone like me, and he has to eventually go back.

My thoughts were interrupted by his words.

"Hayul?"

"Ah, yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yup"

"You've been quiet for a while. Are you sure?"

"I-I'm sure, yeah, don't worry it's nothin-"

"So it is something?"

Damn, I got tangled up with my own words.

"N-no, I meant nothing's going on"

"Remember how you told me I was a terrible liar?"

"Uh-Huh" I sighed.

"You are too"

"I know, I know" I took a sip of my water. "I'm sorry"

We had finished eating by now, so he stood up and took everything to the sink, coming back, putting the table aside and sitting beside me.

"I know I'm not the best one to tell you this, but whatever is troubling you, you can tell me."

"To think I told you the same many times and you never trusted me" I chuckled.

"Hey" he chuckled too, "my reasons were different, and pretty fair."

"Do you know why I always told you you were a terrible liar?"

"Why?" He raised his brows.

"Because I knew who you were from day one, and You sucked pretending to be someone else."

"Damn, thanks" he said, dramatically offended, taking a laugh out of me.

"Okay, I'll tell you. But please don't get mad at me"

"Why would I get mad at you-"

"I don't want to get hurt" I finally let out. His playful look changed, his eyes turned into worry, and he tilted his head, trying to understand my words, I guess.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You're an idol" I sighed, "I'm just some regular being out here"

"So?" He didn't even let me finish.

"You're probably going to be extremely busy forever and your  company won't allow you to be with someone who lives so far and-"

"I'm a grown up, I have the right to sort it out."

"Still, Hyunjin. I don't know when you're gonna leave, and I don't know how long will I have to wait to see you again. Besides...I guess your fans would prefer to see you with someone as famous and good looking as you-"

"Okay stop right there." He interrupted me again. I had a knot stuck in my throat, and was trying my best not to cry. I swallowed my tears back with all I had and looked at him, listening.

"First of all," he started, "it's no going to be easy, that's true. We'd probably have to wait for a while untill we see each other again, because, yeah, my schedules are crazy; so what? There are a lot of ways to comunicate now, we can use them.

Yes, it's probably going to be difficult for me to let the company know eventually, but it's not impossible, and I will try my best to make them understand and take it easy.

Lastly, our fans want us to be happy. I don't know where did you get that idea from, but it's not like that. If they ever get to know about it, they'll be happy. And if there's people out there who doesn't like it, I can't do anything else for them. I also have a life and I want to live it properly.

Also... you're beautiful" he held my hand, caressing my skin. "I've always thought about it, From day one, even my manager was able to tell. So don't go around telling I should be with someone "better looking"."

What's with his boldness all of a sudden..

"Hyunjin-ah.."

"Let's just-" and again, he interrupted my words, "let's just enjoy it, okay? Without worrying about other non important stuff."

I pouted, containing my few tears. "Okay". He smiled widely, opening his arms for me to hug him, and I did. 

"Can I now have that cream to remove my make up?"

"Right, of course, I'll be right back." I stood up and went to my room to bring the creams and some face pads. I sat back down, and just as I was about to hand  him the stuff, I paused.

"What?" He asked.

"Can I do it for you?"

"Sure" he smiled.

I wetted a pad with cream and slowly pressed it against his skin. I trailed his cheeks and jaw line, and had to dispose that pad and use a new one with more cream, since he had a lot of make up on.

Slowly, his natural skin started to show, and I enjoyed every second of it. I could feel how he stared at me while I cleaned his face, but I wasn't brave enough to look back at him, he made me nervous. 

I rubbed another pad on his cheekbones, uncovering his cute moles one after the other. I must admit, that's a beautiful feature he has, I consider it a crime for them to cover it with make up.

Finally, I gently removed the make up around his eyes, which he had to forcefully close, so I didn't feel nervous anymore; at least not at the moment.

"All done" I smiled. He opened his eyes and now the face I'm used to, appeared again. I really really like him like this, he looks more like himself.

He stared at me once again, not saying a word. For some reason, I gathered strength and courage and looked back at him without hesitating.

He suddenly and slowly started getting closer to me, placing his hand on my cheek. For the 100th time today, because I already lost count, he kissed me gently. He was very sweet, and I loved it.

Hyunjin's POV

"I want to do something before I go back to my cabin"

"What?" She winked a few times. I turned around and extended my arm towards a lamp table by the couch, grabbing paper and a pencil.

"I know I said I had all the details memorized, but honestly, I'd rather have you right in front of me to draw you."

She stared at me, a small curve appeared on her face, making her look away from me.

"I-I mean if that's okay for you" I cleared my throat. I realized I was being too comfortable maybe?

"I would love to" she smiled, instantly making me smile too. She dragged herself back a little, putting more distance between us, but perfect for me to catch the angle I needed.

"When did you even bring that? I didn't see you" she asked.

"When you started dragging me outside, I just quickly thought about it so I grabbed the drawing and a pencil, barely, with my other hand. You had your eyes up front so I guess that's why." I chuckled.

"You're fast" she laughed, "I would've never been able to think so quick."
.
.
.
.
"Just tell me what I should do or where should I look, or if there's an angle you prefer. I'll try my best not to move"

"Just be yourself, that's all". Hayul hadn't realized it, but for me to draw her, I only need to observe her, nothing more, and that happened to be one of my favorite things to do, recently.

"Should I not move?"

"It's fine, do what ever you want, you don't need to pose"
She looked at me for a few seconds, smiling. I had already started to draw her eyes. I got to add some more details to her hair too. After some minutes, she spoke again.

"Is it okay if I use my phone?"

"Why are you even asking for permission? Just do it" I laughed.

"It's just that.."

"What?" My eyes took turns between her and the drawing as I spoke.

"I feel nervous with you looking so much at me". Now my eyes looked up ahead the piece of paper, looking at her. Her cheeks were red and she was hiding a smile.

"Look at you. To think two months ago you would act so strong and uninterested."

"It was different back then" she pouted.

"Anyways.. don't feel nervous. It's okay, I'll need some more minutes untill it's done."

"Okay~" she went back to the phone. Honestly, I would've preferred if she looked at me, because I like her so much, but that's fine.
.
.
.
.
Minutes went by, and I found myself immersed in the drawing, I hadn't look at Hayul for a while now, since I was perfectioning more small details. She was quietly still using the phone.

"I think it's done" I smiled, looking at it and lowering it down to talk to her properly. However, I realized she wasn't using the phone; she had fallen asleep instead, and that's why it went so quiet.

"Hayul?" I whispered, but she was long gone by now. I guess she had to do a lot alone today, so she was very tired.

I slowly stood up, careful not to make a sound so I wouldn't wake her up. I looked everywhere for a blanket, but had no luck. Tiptoeing towards her, I tried waking her up, but had no luck. It amazes me, the fact that she's the one who wakes me up every morning, yet her sleep is this heavy.

Gently and slowly, I picked her up from the couch, and carried her to her room. I would've expected her to wake up, but she didn't.

I carefuly placed her back down on her bed, and covered her with the mattress. She looked so peaceful while sleeping, how envy I feel.

I noticed small sticky notes placed on the edge of her night stand, and couldn't help to check it out.

"March 15th
•Clean lobby
•fix gates
•Visit Mr and Mrs Kim
•Make him smile

March 17th
•buy more candy for mr Kim
•fix mrs Park's fence
•call mom
•ask him if he's feeling better (at least try)

My heart felt so indescribably warm. I kept reading between her notes.

April 20th
•Watermelons
•Clean Warehouse
•deliver fruit boxes
•(scratched) Confess (?) better not, don't ruin it Hayul!"

"We liked each other for a while now, Huh?" I whispered, looking at her. She was waaay asleep, probably dreaming.

I got closer to her, slowly moving away the strands of hair covering her face, placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

"You made me smile more than you imagine" I whispered, "Thank you, Good night".

I covered her properly and made my way outside her room, closing the door behind me. Before leaving, I cleaned a little around and washed everything we used for dinner.

"Make him smile"

That sentence still danced in my head, and I honestly couldn't be more thankful about it. It truly melted my heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 3.7K 31
"Hyunjin as a soulmate? This is stressful." Hwang Hyunjin Soulmate AU :D Note: Lowkey a slowburn :') Note 2: English isn't my first language, pleas...
612K 17.9K 72
a hwang hyunjin fanfic ( hyunjin x fem reader) 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐚𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨...
30.8K 463 23
Yn is currently running to her university because she's kinda late, she didn't took breakfast so she decided to take something from the café and eat...
43.7K 1.6K 34
"They say even monsters have weaknesses." Hyunjin is not a good person. His order was to kidnap you for ransom. He's always operated in a cold and m...