27.

Hayul's POV

"I'll get water ready, please make yourself comfortable."

"Hey, I invited you to dinner, let me do it" he whined.

"It's fine" I chuckled, "I'm sure you're tired, please just sit and rest."

"How about we make them together?" He suggested.

"Fine" I shrugged, waving my hand for him to move to the kitchen with me. I took out two small pots and poured some water in, bringing it to boil. Hyunjin prepared the sauce in the mean time, he said his mom taught him to make Instant ramen more delicious, as he quoted.

While he mixed everything up, I arranged my table and place two glasses of water, chopsticks and napkins. He brought the two pots and placed them on each side of the little table, and we sat down to eat.

We ate and talked, we joked about how the elders were always right and how Mrs Kim would be happy to know about it, but we decided we wouldn't say anything yet. Honestly, we're not a couple, we just confessed to each other, and that's fine. One step at a time.

On one of those pauses, I thought about something I hadn't before, and I honestly don't know why, because it's an important matter.

I like him, yes, and he likes me back. But I seemed to forget about who we are. There is no way someone like him could easily be with someone like me, and he has to eventually go back.

My thoughts were interrupted by his words.

"Hayul?"

"Ah, yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yup"

"You've been quiet for a while. Are you sure?"

"I-I'm sure, yeah, don't worry it's nothin-"

"So it is something?"

Damn, I got tangled up with my own words.

"N-no, I meant nothing's going on"

"Remember how you told me I was a terrible liar?"

"Uh-Huh" I sighed.

"You are too"

"I know, I know" I took a sip of my water. "I'm sorry"

We had finished eating by now, so he stood up and took everything to the sink, coming back, putting the table aside and sitting beside me.

"I know I'm not the best one to tell you this, but whatever is troubling you, you can tell me."

"To think I told you the same many times and you never trusted me" I chuckled.

"Hey" he chuckled too, "my reasons were different, and pretty fair."

"Do you know why I always told you you were a terrible liar?"

"Why?" He raised his brows.

"Because I knew who you were from day one, and You sucked pretending to be someone else."

"Damn, thanks" he said, dramatically offended, taking a laugh out of me.

"Okay, I'll tell you. But please don't get mad at me"

"Why would I get mad at you-"

"I don't want to get hurt" I finally let out. His playful look changed, his eyes turned into worry, and he tilted his head, trying to understand my words, I guess.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You're an idol" I sighed, "I'm just some regular being out here"