"Sam?"

"Hm?"

"Do you...want to talk about it?"

"I can't"

"Okay"

We stood there, late at night, at the entrance of his cabin, saying nothing. I could tell he was overwhelmed, and I understood it. I don't know if it's my place to do it or not, but I hugged him.

He was a bit taken aback at first, but eventually gave in to it. He really needed that hug, he needed someone to listen to him and understand him.

And I know this because I also tend to feel like this too.

He separated after a short while and sniffed. He wasn't sobbing, but it was obvious some tears fell down.

"Listen... I know we just met, and yes you behaved like an idiot yesterday, but if you really need someone to talk to, I can listen. Whatever it is, I won't go around judging you if that's what you're afraid of, I'll just listen, and if I can, I'll try to comfort you. "

"I'm sorry I behaved like an idiot"

"It's fine"

"I'm sorry I can't talk right now"

"That's fine too"

"Thank you"

"Anytime" I tiptoed and patted his head. He chuckled slightly and sniffed again.

Our dialogue was very montone, but significant. I meant every word.

"Even if you can't talk about it, we can go to walk somewhere near or aroun the lake, as long as you keep your mind clear"

"I'll let you know" he bowed.

"Stop being so polite" I giggled.

"You should get going before it gets more late." He suggested.

"Yup. See you tomorrow morning, bye"

"Bye bye"

Hyunjin's POV

If only she knew I really don't deserve to be listened.. she comforted me because she doesn't know who I am and doesn't know the situation.

Even so, I appreciate her words and her good intention. I don't even know why did I rest my head on her shoulder, I guess I felt frustrated after seeing the show and knowing I won't be part of it.

I really let everybody down.

.
.
.
.
.
.
The next days, we went to the remaining houses. I got to meet every elder around here, and they're amazing people, I really had a great time meeting them.

I'm getting used to the schedule around per week, really well. Basically we take care of anything they need from us, and we prepare food for them from time to time.

I've been feeling a little better now. I talk to my parents and kkami every night, as well as the boys. They send me videos of their amazing routines, Chan always asks if I'm doing okay, and always tells me that if I want to go back I can, but I remind him that I made this decision.

Hayul has been helping me a lot to learn new stuff, I can say I enjoy her company. We talk about our family and friends, of course, I avoid telling her about my actual life. She's so kind I feel bad for not even giving my real name, but I like it here, and I don't want to ruin it.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Kkami!" I hugged him tightly as he came running and jumped to me. My parents came to visit me today to celebrate my birthday. We're still a few days away from it, but they wanted to come and spend it with me since the proper day they can't come.

Mom brought delicious food, which I missed so much since I left, and dad brought some table games to play later. Kkami was wearing a little vest, since it's windy.

We had lunch all together, chatted and laughed. They brought me more clothes and the presents the boys bought for me. I really felt happy to be with them for a while. Dad went to the car to bring the games while I cleaned the room with mom.

"Are you sure you're okay here honey? You can always go back if you want"

"I'm fine mom. I'm learning a lot here! I also don't think it's still a good idea for me to go back to Seoul yet... people are still mad."

"I'm sorry this happened to you, you have the kindest and purest heart Hyunjin, I know you did nothing wrong. Fights between classmates are normal."

"I did say hurtful things mom"

"Haven't we all? We all make mistakes, it's natural, and you apologized, which is a huge humble step."

I smiled. My mom always found a way to comfort me, and I really needed her company after all.

"Okay, games are her- Kkami! No! Come back here!"

We turned around to see my dad struggling with a bunch of games and the door, and how Kkami used it as a possibility to sprint out. My dad was about to drop everything and chase after him, but I did instead.

"I'll go!!"

I managed to put on my shoes and run out. That little dog is horribly fast, and I barely got to see where he was running to. He ran faster than ever uphill. I yelled his name I don't how many times now, but he was having more fun running away from me.

I sure need to start exercising more, since I was already tired of running up the hill.

"Kkami!!" I yelled almost without breath. "Kkami where are you? Come back please!"

Luckily, this place is beautifuly quiet, I could almost hear my sweat drops fall down off my forehead. I was already sweating, but it still was very cold.

"Kkaaaaaaami!!"

I finally heard him bark a few times, so I tried following the sound. I walked for another two minutes through some trees, when I heard him bark again.

"Kkami?" I walked a few more steps, but I stopped.

Hayul?