Guilty Love

By NightTime_Storiexs

Four years. Four years ago, he left her. And now he's back, showing up at her bookstore, asking for a second... More

1| Runville
2| Home
3| News
4| Reasons
5| Lunch
6| Alone
7| Dirty
8| Fire
9| Power
10| Catch
11| Distance
12| Answers
13| Crimson
14| Run
15| Knight
16| Care
17| Promises
18| Shopping
19| Donation
20| Time
21| Stars
22| Love
23| Start
24| Fair
26| Funeral
27| Healing
28| Normal
29| Camera
30| Past
31| Yours
New Book!

25| Princess

13.4K 532 271
By NightTime_Storiexs

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Princess

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 25: Princess (London's POV)

I put the tiara on his head, laughing as I stared at him. Damon and Verena wandered off and we took our time walking around. "You look like a princess," I remarked. 

"Of course, I do. I'm the prettiest princess in all of Runville," he mumbled, looking around. "Let's get popsicles." 

I nodded in agreement and we walked over to the stall. I paid since he had paid for the previous game and we strolled around, looking at the games, stopping to play some, and then continued strolling. 

"You know," he said, stopping by the trash can, both of us throwing the popsicle sticks away. "I think my grandparents missed you more than they missed me." 

"Yeah?" I laughed softly. 

He nodded. "Nonna couldn't shut up about how pretty you are and Nonno couldn't stop talking about what a wonderful girl you grew up to be." 

I grinned, watching him. 

"I mean, they're not wrong. All I could do was sit there, nodding and agreeing with them and then ramble about how beautiful I think you are and how in love I am with you." He took the crown off, shaking his hair out before putting it on my head. "Nonna said earlier, 'È bella come una principessa.' Do you know what that means?" 

I knew. But I shook my head anyway. 

"She is beautiful," he paused, staring at my eyes, "like a princess," he whispered. 

"Am I?" I lifted a brow. 

"Hmm," he nodded, leaning in. He grabbed my waist, pulling me closer and driving his body into mine as his lips met mine. He kissed me softly yet his touch was anything but soft. His fingers dug into my skin through my clothes, every inch of him was touching every inch of me. 

I pulled away before he could deepen the kiss when I realized people were staring. "Not here," I mumbled, taking his hand and starting to pull him towards the rollercoaster. We got there, both of us sighing in disappointment when we saw that it was still closed for maintenance. "Let's go to the Ferris wheel," I suggested instead. 

He chuckled, letting me pull him from one place to the other. On our way to the wheel, we stopped by the claw machine, wasting numerous quarters on that before finally getting one cart on the wheel after waiting in line. The wheel started moving up, the wind started picking up causing our hair to fly around like crazy. We both looked around until we reached the top, pointing out this and that, talking about things. 

"Ronan," I mumbled, both of us resting our elbows on our knees and holding hands. 

"Hmm?" 

"Are you going to write another book?" I questioned. 

He nodded. "I'm thinking I should start working on it. It takes a while, after all." 

"What will you write about? A sequel?" 

He smiled, "Should I?" 

I shrugged. "People really liked your book all around the world. It's not a bad idea." 

"It's not. But it would ruin the first book." 

I frowned, "Why?" 

"The whole point of that ending was to leave it up to the reader's interpretation, right? If I write a sequel, it'll take that away. Not a sequel," he shook his head, "something else, something... new." 

"Like what?" 

"I don't know. Do you have any ideas?" 

I fell into thought, looking around silently. "Maybe an alternate couple?" 

His brows shot up out of curiosity. 

"Not Atlas and Julia. Two other people. Two..." 

"Strangers?" 

"No, enemies." 

He watched me in amusement, knowing well that those were my favorite kinds of books. 

"But with glimpses of Atlas and Julia." 

"Like?" he asked slowly, stroking the back of my hands with his thumbs. 

"Like... him just coming out of prison." 

"And why did he go to prison?" 

"Because of... her?" 

He nodded. "Charges?" 

"Murder," I said quickly. 

"Who died?" 

"Someone, she knew?" 

"Someone, she loved?" 

I nodded eagerly. 

"Okay," he said slowly, "I see that. And now that he's out?" 

"He wants revenge because he was falsely accused," I shrugged. "I know what you like to write now. Thrillers, murders, anything dark with a dash of romance in it." 

"Well, there's nothing better than something dangerous with sparks of romance in it," he replied, tugging me forward suddenly. 

I slid out of my seat and onto him, our cart shaking back and forth. I took a shaky breath, holding his shoulders. "We could fall," I breathed out. 

He shook his head. "We won't fall." He turned me sideways and pulled me to sit in his lap, arms tight around my waist, holding me in place. "Ti voglio bene," he whispered. 

"Are you testing my Italian?" I teased. 

He nodded with a small smile. "What did I say?" he asked. 

"You said... 'I love you.'" 

"Mi sei mancata," he replied. I missed you. 

"Anch'io," I mumbled. Me too. 

"Mi dispiace, amore mio." I'm sorry, my love. 

I chuckled softly. I paused, staring at him. "Ti perdono," I whispered. I forgive you. 

He blinked in surprise. 

"Ti perdono... questa volta," I let out a breath. I forgive you... this time. 

"Do you mean that?" he asked. 

I nodded slowly. 

"Perché?" came his reply. Why? 

I thought before smiling, brushing his hair back. "Perché no?" Why not? 

He blinked a few times and I realized his eyes had teared up. 

"Are you crying?" I let out a small laugh with an 'aw' hugging him tightly. 

"It's just windy," he scoffed, tightening his hold on me. 

"Mm-hmm, if you say so," I grinned, pressing a kiss to his jaw before looking back at him as we neared the bottom for the third time, finishing our ride. 

We climbed off, our hands locked together tightly. "What do you want to do next?" he asked, sniffling a little. 

"Ronan, come on," I teased, leaning up and kissing his cheek. "Hmm... how about—" 

"London!" We turned around as Damon and Verena ran over to us. 

"Where the hell have you been? We've been looking for you guys everywhere!" Verena panted. 

"We were on the Ferris wheel. What... what happened?" I frowned in confusion. 

"Ronan, your parents took Mr. Ryan to the hospital," Damon said quickly. 

I lost my balance, taking in a quick breath. 

Ronan steadied me while asking Damon, "What... What do you mean? W-why? What happened to him?" 

Damon shook his head, "We don't know. They said he might be having a heart attack, not sure. They rushed him over in the car and told us to tell you both. You should go there like right now." 

"London," Ronan said, grabbing my hand. "We should go." 

I stared at him, dumbfounded. 

"Right now, London. We should go." 

I nodded numbly, humming in agreement. 

He pulled me along with him and we both started running towards the exit and then rushing to the hospital. A few minutes away, I stopped, my blood going cold and my entire body freezing in one spot. He stopped, turning to me. "London?" He grabbed my face, tilting my chin up to look at him. "He'll be okay, come on." 

"Ronan," I cleared my throat, trying to talk past the lump in my throat. "I'm scared," I breathed shakily. 

"I know," he nodded, "but we have to get there right now. Before..." He caught himself, stopping short. 

"Before it's too late. Right?" 

He didn't answer, swallowing thickly. "Let's go, London. Now," he said sternly, pulling me with him again. 

We made it to the emergency ward, walking to the front desk. She recognized me almost immediately. "They took Mr. Ryan to the OT." She glanced at Ronan. "Your parents are waiting outside the OT as well. First floor." 

We ran over to the elevator and Ronan pressed the button numerous times and kept pressing it until the doors opened. We stepped in and pressed the button to the first floor. I leaned against the wall, catching my breath while he held onto my hand, squeezing it tightly. 

"It'll be okay." 

"Are you sure? Can you promise?" I blinked back tears, waiting for the doors to open. They did with a small ding. 

"I can't promise that. I'm sorry," he whispered, staring at me. 

I pushed myself off the wall and we both walked out, spotting his parents and grandparents immediately. 

We walked over as Jim shot out of his chair. "Where were you two? We looked everywhere for you," he huffed. 

"Jim," Eleonora put a soft hand on his shoulder, calming him down. He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose while Ronan's grandparents looked pretty nervous and stressed too. 

"W-what happened? Is he okay?" I stuttered, wiping my cheek with the back of my hand, frantically. 

"We don't know, honey," Eleonora sighed, her eyes looking glassy too. 

I scanned Ronan's parents' faces, then his grandparents and then his. They all looked like they would burst out into tears any second. "How um..." I closed my eyes, taking a wobbly breath. "How long has he been in surgery?" 

"About twenty minutes." 

"Cosa fai?!" Nonna yelled suddenly, standing up. What are you doing?! 

We all jumped, getting startled as we turned to her. 

"Lasciala sedere," Nonno sighed, glancing at me. Let her sit. 

Ronan held me, seating me down before kneeling in front of me, tucking my hair behind my ear. "Are you okay? Feeling okay? Breathing fine?" 

I shook my head, clutching his hand tightly while my other one held the armrest in a death grip while taking quick, short gasps. 

He pulled himself up and sat beside me, putting his arms around me, pulling my head to rest on his shoulder. "I'm right here. You're going to be just fine. Whatever happens, I'm right here. You'll get through it, London. I can promise you that."

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 25

I can't reveal the title of the next chapter because it'll give away what happens next, sorryyy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

416K 26.1K 32
Gilmore Girls meets Sweet Home Alabama in this Watty-Award winning, small-town, second-chance romance! Quinn is hustling to make her dream of owning...
13K 596 29
Scarlett Jones moved to the city for a fresh start and got herself a successful boyfriend in the process. But why does it seem like something is miss...
Seasons By sunah

Teen Fiction

14.9K 259 48
"I'll always be here, you know that, Rose." Insta-love something I dread but something I crave... Azariah D'Amore BH University's second most talked...
20.1K 1.1K 58
(Book One) Jake Holmes hadn't put much thought into what home meant until Connor Morgan asked him to. He had settled with an idealistic fantasy. A li...