The Vampire Next Door

By rachel2k22

He had spent centuries with only himself for company, he fed, tortured and killed that was his life and he li... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter twleve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three (FINAL CHAPTER)
Info for new story

Chapter Twenty-Four

304K 10.3K 3.8K
By rachel2k22

Chapter twenty-four

Paige and Seth lay in silence for hours; it was nice and nothing like the usual tension that clouded the air around them. It was just them content in each other’s company, he hadn’t said anything else to her since he had admitted he cared, and she hadn’t pushed him, she was too scared he would run again.

“You think too much,” he murmured next to her.

Paige looked over at him and rolled her eyes; she couldn’t help but laugh at him. The bed they were lying on was huge, but he somehow managed to spread himself over it so much that she was lying on the edge.

“Move over,” she told him prodding him in the ribs.

Seth shook his head and patted his chest for her to lay on him; he wasn’t moving anywhere he wanted to feel her closer to him, the way she was lying as far away from him as she could made him uneasy.

“Come here,” he demanded.

She was about to move closer when banging and shouting coming from the living room stopped her in her tracks. She looked at Seth who was getting up from the bed with a huff; fed up of the constant interruptions.

“Stay here, I’m going to see what’s going on. I bet its Marcus, I tell you that vampire is nothing but a drama queen!” He hissed as he opened the door.

Paige stifled a laugh; he wasn’t far off being a drama queen himself at times he was the one causing most of the problems. She sat back on the bed deciding for once it was best that she did as he wanted.

Seth opened the door to the living room and frowned at the sight in front of him, Marcus had April pinned to the wall, Nixon was trying to pull him off her and Celina was just standing there looking as confused as he was.

“What have I missed?” Seth asked in amusement.

It had to be something bad for Marcus to lose his cool, unless he was hungry again. April looked at Seth with pleading eyes, and he walked over to them slowly.

He pulled Nixon away then put his hands on Marcus’s shoulders, “Let go,” he demanded.

Marcus looked over his shoulder at Seth and shook his head, “You won’t want me to let go of her when you know what she has done!”

Seth raised his eyebrows suspiciously, “Oh and what is it that is so bad?”

Celina looked at Marcus and shook her head, silently begging him not to say anything; she didn’t doubt for a minute that Seth wouldn’t go insane if he knew. Marcus loosened his grip on April and let her slip to the floor; he took a step back and shook his head.

“I’ll let her tell you,” he spat as he walked away from her.

April looked up at Seth, the tears were streaming down her cheeks, and she was clutching her throat where Marcus’s hands had been moments ago. Seth helped her up from the floor, bent down so that he was on her level, and smiled softly.

“Come on April what have you done?” he asked gently.

He had always had a soft spot for the young witch, she was a lot like him, she was a bit of a rebel and didn’t take orders from anyone. She shook her head and started to sob harder, knowing that if she told him the truth he wouldn’t be so nice to her.

A growl from Marcus had Seth spinning around and glaring at him, “Go and calm down will you, I’ll deal with this!”

It was usually the other way round, Marcus was usually the one trying to make Seth see sense, but this time it was his turn. Marcus sulked off to the kitchen and slammed the door behind him, Seth watched as Nixon followed him and closed the kitchen door behind him.

“Celina what’s going on?” He asked, sensing that he wasn’t going to get it out of April.

Celina was about to explain what was going on but April beat her to it, “I’ve done something foolish.”

Seth chuckled, that was nothing out of the ordinary she was always doing something she shouldn’t. He rubbed her back affectionately hoping the gentle approach might coax the answers from her. It wasn’t the way he normally went about things, but his life had been far from normal for a while and knowing that Paige was in the next room reminded him he needed to keep his cool.

Even he couldn’t have predicted what she did next, he was too shocked to do anything as her lips found his, and she wrapped her arms around him. She wanted one kiss, before she told him the truth; she wanted to know what it felt like to kiss those soft inviting lips. It was better than she could have ever have imagined, although he didn’t  return the kiss she was right about his lips they were as inviting as they looked, and he was every bit as enticing as he looked.

“What are you doing?” Paige asked in disbelief from behind them.

She was bored waiting for him to come back, and thought she would go and find out what was happening. What she saw wasn’t at all what she was expecting though, who the hell was the woman who he was kissing.

Seth pushed April away as though she smelled of something foul and wiped his mouth in disgust, disgust that was soon replaced by anger, “What was that!” he shouted.

Paige looked between the two of them waiting for one of them to explain what was going on but they just stood there. Seth was glaring at April as though he was ready to rip her head off and she was looking at him sadly.

“Well?” she asked impatiently.

Paige stormed over to where April was, grabbed the front of her top, and pulled her roughly so that she was in her face, “I asked a question!”

Seth was too gobsmacked to say anything, he could see the jealousy in her eyes and he hated to admit it but he liked it. It was wrong of him, but the thought of watching them have a little fight over him did all sorts of things for his ego which was growing by the minute.

“I believe you have eyes, so I don’t think I need to explain anything,” April told her with a cold smirk.

Paige raised her eyebrows angrily, she had no idea who the bitch was, but she had been fighting to get Seth to admit his feelings for her for what seemed like an eternity and this little whore was not coming between them. She didn’t bother answering her as she shoved her into the wall and before Celina or Seth could do anything, she punched her.

Marcus and Nixon had both came out of the kitchen when they heard raised voices, and Marcus burst into a round of laughter when he saw the look of pure shock on Aprils face and the blood that was trickling down her nose.

“It’s about time,” he said walking back into the room, “I’ve always wanted to do that to her.”

He had never made any secret of not liking April, he hated the girl she was conniving and manipulative. It was something he despised Isabella for and he could see her in that girl, they were the same just as selfish as each other.

Seth pulled Paige away from April before she could land a second blow, as much as it was amusing he couldn’t let them roll around the floor. He still needed to get to the bottom of what had been happening when Marcus attacked her.

“Will someone just tell me what’s going on,” he growled.

Celina held April back and Seth lifted Paige from the floor and threw her over his shoulder where she pounded her fists into his back, not that he felt it.

“You will hurt yourself before I even feel anything,” he told her with a chuckle.

April glared at the Seth she hated how he was with Paige, he would never have held her like that or looked at her with so much affection and love. She had regretted what she had done when she had seen him, but he wasn’t the Seth she remembered not anymore he had changed, he was weak.

“I’ll tell you exactly what I’ve done, I’ve summoned Ipes.” April screamed as Seth ignored her and walked away with Paige still tossed over his shoulder.

He froze on the spot when she spoke, he couldn’t believe what he was hearing. She had to be joking, he knew she was a little bitch, but that was low even for her. He looked over at Marcus and realisation hit him that it was why he was so wound up. Without saying another word, he and Marcus exchanged knowing glances and Marcus took Paige from him he put her down, and pushed her into the kitchen.

April’s fear started to grow again as Seth turned to face her and slowly walked across the room as if he was a tiger stalking his prey. She backed up as far as she could get, she was even more worried when Celina and Nixon left the room as well. They knew they couldn’t help her and both of them knew she had summoned the demon out of spite, not only endangering Paige’s life but theirs as well.

The way Seth prowled towards her was so terrifying, but she couldn’t move she was rooted to the spot, too afraid of what he might do if she tried to run.

“Wait!” she pleaded as he stepped closer his eyes darkening in anger.

The fact that he hadn’t spoken yet filled her with dread, it was a game for him she could see it in his eyes. She was nothing more than a food source now; he wasn’t going to heed her pleas it had gone too far, she had gone too far. She had stirred the monster inside him and he wasn’t going to stop until he had got what he wanted, until their little game of cat and mouse was over.

In one last attempt to get away she ran, she ripped the door open and ran out into the cold air. The fresh bitter wind hit her and she sighed in relief when she looked behind her and saw that he hadn’t followed. She turned and ran towards the clearing in the forest, but she was knocked to the floor roughly.

“Going somewhere?” he taunted.

April looked around frantically she couldn’t see him, but she could hear him. He was in the shadows somewhere, mocking her, watching her panic. She ran again and stopped to catch her breath, leaning against a tree for support, but just as she did, he was there again in front of her. His blue eyes glistened in the moonlight making him look every bit the predator he was.

“Please Seth!” She begged again.

He leaned against the tree opposite her watching her, the sound of her heart beating erratically pleased him, she was terrified and rightly so, she deserved to be scared if she thought he was going to just snap her neck and be done with it she had another thing coming. He was going to make her suffer, he was going to make her beg and when she thought he was going to spare her then he would kill her and he was going to kill her as brutally as she deserved.

“Please Seth,” he repeated mocking her.

She started to sob, she knew her time was up he would grow tired of his little game soon enough. She wasn’t giving up yet though he had a softer side she had seen it and she was going to try her hardest to appeal to his better nature.

“I was annoyed, it was a mistake summoning him I didn’t mean to do it, I didn’t know what would happen!” she tried to reason.

He didn’t want to hear it; she knew exactly what she was doing. It wasn’t as though she could have accidently summoned him she had it all planned. He shook his head and within a blink of an eye he was in front of her, so close that he could feel her warm shallow breaths against his shirt as he grabbed her neck and tilted it to the side.

“Beg me for your life,” he ordered roughly.

The smell of her blood was sending him over the edge, he hadn’t fed in a couple of days and the blood of a witch was always more than satisfying. He could feel her shaking as she tried with all her might to push him away, but it was useless he didn’t budge.

“Please don’t kill me, you don’t want this. We could be together!” she begged.

Seth laughed darkly; she was delusional if she thought for a minute he would ever give her a second thought. There was no way he would ever entertain the idea of being with her, not when he had Paige and even if he didn’t have his little mate he would never want April.

“I have a little confession?” he whispered in her ear.

April nodded her head wanting to hear his confession, she really thought he was about to tell her that he felt the same. She waited for his answer, her heart racing with both fear and excitement.

“You won’t be the first witch I’ve killed,” he told her cruelly.

April’s eyes widened, it couldn’t be true there was no way Celina would ever allow him into her home if he had done something so despicable. It was a serious thing to do and forbidden there was some unwritten rule that vampires stuck to and she had never known of a vampire killing a witch before. Which was another thing that had her perplexed, why had Celina and Nixon let him chase her if they knew he was going to kill her.

Seth grabbed her neck and licked at the spot he was going to bite, he sank his fangs into her neck as she screamed and writhed around trying to free herself from his hold. It was no use though the more she struggled the more aggressive he became, and the more painful it was. The blood ran down her neck soaking into her light blue T-shirt.

Seth drank from her hungrily, but the thought of killing her left his mind and was replaced with a more sinister thought. He wasn’t going to kill her no that was too easy he was going to make her suffer for the rest of eternity; he was going to turn her. She would have to live as an outcast, no vampire would accept her because of her witch bloodline and no witch would accept her because she had become something they despised the most.

“I almost feel sorry for what I’m about to do,” he told her with a smirk, his eyes flashing with fury.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 112 39
He hummed, amused. I was growing impatient. "I want you to have sex with me. Whenever I want. For as long as I want." I furrowed my brows. "Seriously...
521 228 25
"Kill..." the low whispering voice trailed off into my head. I don't think the strange whispering voice came from anyone in the room. It was too loud...
3.7M 114K 46
M A T U R E C O N T E N T #1 in Romance 12/22/18 "Do you feel that?" He said quietly next to my ear. I struggled as more tears stained my cheeks...
5.6M 138K 75
His gorgeous green eyes met mine, and my whole world stilled. The only thing that can be heard was my stupid heart beating a million times a minute...