Guilty Love

By NightTime_Storiexs

Four years. Four years ago, he left her. And now he's back, showing up at her bookstore, asking for a second... More

1| Runville
2| Home
3| News
4| Reasons
5| Lunch
6| Alone
7| Dirty
8| Fire
9| Power
10| Catch
11| Distance
12| Answers
13| Crimson
14| Run
15| Knight
16| Care
17| Promises
18| Shopping
19| Donation
20| Time
22| Love
23| Start
24| Fair
25| Princess
26| Funeral
27| Healing
28| Normal
29| Camera
30| Past
31| Yours
New Book!

21| Stars

14.6K 575 247
By NightTime_Storiexs

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Stars

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 21: Stars (London's POV)

Friday finally rolled around and I was more excited to go to the beach with Ronan than I thought. The whole week, Ronan spent with my dad and I didn't even know it until this morning. While I was working at the store, Ronan came over and took my dad out for walks, for lunch, for coffee, he helped around the house, he did everything he could. And I fell in love with him all over again just hearing about it from Dad. 

I came downstairs, a duffel bag in my hands which held a few blankets, some snacks, everything needed for a campsite at a beach. Ronan said he'd bring the sleeping bags and tents. 

"Are you going somewhere?" Dad asked, walking into the kitchen while I grabbed a few water bottles. 

"I told you, remember? I'm going to the beach with Ronan." 

"Ah, right. For camping, huh?" He grinned knowingly. "I take it things worked out? For good this time?" 

I nodded slowly, smiling. "Slowly but surely." 

"Good. I'm happy for you, honey," he chuckled, his laugh turning into a cough. He winced slightly, patting his chest and rubbing it, feeling the heartburn. 

"Dad, you okay?" 

He nodded, drinking some water. 

"Did you take your meds?" 

"I came down here to do just that. When are you going to be back? Tomorrow morning?" 

"Hmm. I'll be back by nine." 

"All right. I'll see you then? And Sunday we're going for lunch, right?" 

"Of course," I smiled meekly. The doorbell rang and I went and answered the door, seeing Ronan standing there, holding two duffel bags and an icebox. 

"Hi," he smiled. 

"Hey, you," I beamed, stepping aside and letting him. 

He followed me to the kitchen, setting his things on the counter. "Hey, Ryan," he greeted my Dad. 

"Hey, kiddo. Have fun, you two. I'm heading to bed early tonight," Dad sighed, turning to Ronan. "Take care of her." 

"Always. Take care of yourself." Ronan said smoothly. 

I watched him for a minute before waving at Dad saying goodnight. He retired to his room and I walked over to Ronan, carrying the cans of coke I bought earlier today. 

"What?" He watched me as I approached him. 

I threw a can at him and he caught it as it hit his arm. "Ah, what?" he whined, opening the icebox and taking the cans from me, putting them inside. 

"You didn't tell me," I gritted. 

"Tell you what?" 

I sent him a pointed look. "You came here every single day behind my back and stayed with my Dad. You're calling him 'Ryan' again like you used to years ago. Am I missing something? I think I am." 

"Oh, that?" He glanced at my dad's room. He grabbed the icebox and his bags while I grabbed mine before he stuck his elbow out. 

I clicked my tongue, linking my arm with his as we left the house and started walking to the beach. Walking is more convenient, despite all the things we're carrying. Plus, it's only eight-thirty right now. Normally, I close the store at eight, but today I closed up at seven, got home, and got ready for the night, and then now we're leaving. So it's not late at all, we're right on schedule. 

"I was talking to your dad," he mumbled, "and we both agreed on one thing over the course of this week." 

"And what was that?" 

"That your dad and your boyfriend should get along like best friends." 

"Boyfriend?" I deadpanned. 

"Hmm," he nodded. 

I dug my elbow into his side and he laughed, "I'm only joking! We'll get there though. Again." He smirked as we reached the bay area and entered the beach area, walking across the sand, our feet sinking in with every step as we neared the cave. 

"Is Damon coming?" I asked. I didn't invite Verena and I told Ronan I wasn't going to do that. He said we would talk tonight. She doesn't need to be here for that because she has no idea about our past. But Damon does, he was there too as a part of it. 

"No. I didn't invite him since you didn't invite Verena." 

So, it's just going to be us. I tightened my arm around him as a strong gust of wind blew by, both of us stopping in our tracks and closing our eyes to avoid getting sand in them. 

It's started getting a little windy and chilly this week. I felt goosebumps on my skin under the black full-sleeve t-shirt I was wearing. We made it to the spot we claimed as ours all those years ago and set all our things down on the wall. 

I took a look up at the sky. "Wow," I breathed out softly while he opened one of the duffle bags and took out everything needed for the tent, attached to the same bag, he had two sleeping bags tucked into their cases, hanging from the strap of the bag. 

He set them on the wall and we both got to setting up the tent. It was a struggle as we fought against the wind, but we managed to sink the four poles into the sand until they would hold. I went and grabbed my bag and the sleeping bags and he took the icebox and his second bag before we walked over to the tent silently. 

I thrusted my bag at him and he grunted, holding it. I let out a soft chuckle before taking the sleeping bags and crawling inside, throwing them open before sticking my upper half out. I took everything from him one at a time and placed it in the corners of the tent to help it hold up. Then Ronan kicked his shoes off, putting them with mine, and crawled in. 

The top of the tent was a clear plastic sheet with an attachable cover that we left open for the time being so we could look at the stars. He zipped up the tent as more wind blew by. It's awfully windy for the start of October. Runville doesn't normally get cold or windy for that matter but I guess this year is different. I guess the fair will really feel like a fall fair this year. 

I sat there, watching him as he opened his bag and took out two hoodies, handing one to me. 

"Here. It's cold out today." 

I looked down at the black hoodie, taking it slowly. He had a grey one for himself which he pulled over his head on top of the navy blue, fitted full-sleeve v-neck. I pulled his hoodie over my head and crossed my legs under me, keeping the hood up. He sat beside me, his body mirroring mine, both of us looking up at the stars. "They look beautiful," I mumbled. 

"Hmm, they do." We looked at each other for a minute. 

I was so excited to be here, but now that I am, I'm remembering that tonight, we'll lay out our truths on the table and I'll have nowhere to run or hide. I'm stuck with him here in this little tent. I opened the bag and took out blankets, both of us burying ourselves in them as the tent danced in the wind. 

"Runville is really cold now, when did it start getting like this?" he asked. 

"Never, this is the first time," I chuckled. 

"Really?" 

I nodded. "Oh, I brought snacks." 

"You did?" He watched me with a smile. 

"Popcorn," I took out the packet. "Gummy bears," I took that out too. "Chips," those too. "And Oreos. We can eat them later when we get hungry." 

"All right," he agreed. 

We both sat there in silence awkwardly. "Now what?" I asked. 

Both of us started laughing while he grabbed my sleeping bag, pulling it closer to his. "Now we can lay under the stars and talk. Or not talk, whatever you prefer," he said. 

We both lay in our sleeping bags and stared at the stars. "Can you make out any constellations?" I wondered. 

"I don't know any, actually." 

I glanced at him. "I told you one for your zodiac." 

He paused, "I don't remember my zodiac." 

"You're a Leo," I stated. 

"And you are?" 

"A Gemini." 

"Are those good zodiacs or bad ones?" 

"Depends on who's asking," I shrugged. 

He laughed softly, "Are we compatible?" 

I nodded. "Pretty compatible." 

"Who cares about zodiacs?" he mumbled, reaching over and putting one arm under my head as a pillow. 

I felt him staring at me while I stared at the sky. It was pitch black within a few minutes of us being here and all we could see were the stars and the faint moonlight shining our way. "What is it?" I asked softly, turning to him. 

"I'm just thinking," he replied, "about what I missed in four years. And how I'll ever make up for it." 

"You'll make up for it, you always find a way." 

"I want to know," he murmured. 

"So ask. I'll tell you anything. But you have to do the same, okay?" 

He nodded. 

"Actually, I want to ask first," I said, turning back to the sky. 

"Okay," he agreed. "Ask away." 

"Did you like Boston?" 

"Yeah, I did. It was the change I needed and I think you would have loved it too. Especially living on campus. It was like the colleges we see in movies." 

I smiled and laughed softly at the awe in his voice. "What about new friends?" 

"Hmm, I made a few. None as close as Damon and you. But there was Christian, Brandon, and Elijah." 

"What was your first year there like?" 

He paused in thought before answering, "Crazy. Confusing. Scary. Exciting. I was happy to be there at a new place, it was a fresh start, new opportunities, new experiences." 

I should feel happy for him but I couldn't ignore the pang of jealousy that spread through me at the thought of him starting a new life and leaving me behind and actually enjoying it. 

"But I missed you like crazy. And I was really regretting my actions. I wanted to call you but... I thought it would pull me back to Runville and I'll ruin my own future without giving it a real shot, so I busied myself with college and friends." 

"So you did miss me." 

"Of course." 

"You thought about me." 

"All the time, every minute." 

I guess his mom was right after all. I held my breath before asking the most loaded question. "Why did you do it in that way, Ronan? Why break my heart like that?" I whispered, turning to him.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 21

IMAGINE a cozy camp like that at a beach during the fall. I wish. I want to fall in love with someone and do that.

next chapter: love

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

491 82 9
16 year old Taylor Ford wants this summer to be different. She doesn't want to live her life in her little bubble anymore. She wants to live her life...
20.5K 1.1K 58
(Book One) Jake Holmes hadn't put much thought into what home meant until Connor Morgan asked him to. He had settled with an idealistic fantasy. A li...
1.1M 32.4K 60
Highest ranking: #1 in Short Story *Rewriting and Editing on hold* It was a race to leave behind her toxic past, the past that demolished her image...
216K 7K 73
Delaney James has it all: a handsome husband who just made partner at his law firm, a gorgeous townhouse in NYC's Upper East Side, and a blossoming c...