Mundane Life (DamiRae fanfict...

By GruviaFanatic

I have no idea what timeline it is in my story, I bet this will not make sense at all but I love Damian and R... More

Her Dad
The Actual Demon
The Babysitters
The Justice Parents
The Walk of Shame
The Bad Decision
Deal with the Devil
Assignment
6th of May (Part 1)
6th of May (Part 2)
Past is not Past
Bat Boy Talk
Mental Break
Back to Bludhaven
Modern Romeo
Make-out Booth
Red Sweater and Umbrella
Lion's Fight
Breakfast with Bat-Cat Parents
Orphan and Outsider
Dinner at Bludhaven
Dance Recital
Vegas Girls
Drunk Girls
Row Siblings
Gala Night
Gala Two-night
Cullen
Baby Birds
Two Birds
Christmas Snippet
New Year Snippet
In Bludhaven
Keepers
Death and Birth
New Member
First Night
Coffee and Cannolis
Zatanna's Spell
Bestfriends
Greenhouse
Kenthouse
Baby Intervention
Odd Night
God Parents
Night Escapade
Hide and Date
Prank Call
Batdad and Catmom
Another Batman
Stolen Bedroom
Lucky 13
Breakfast with Grandpa Bat
Donna's Last Day
Donna's First Day
Jason's Dilemma
Damian's First Day Dream
Madame Xanadu
Yeah, I do
Her Suffering
Valentine's Gift
Valentines Snippet
Perfect Girl
Big Announcement
Entire Truth
Red Poppies
Forms of Toxin
Not Justice
Not Vengeance
Unwell
Food Kiss
Uncaged
Mock Battle
Special Birthday
Demon's Ink
Raven Bird
Wedding Day
Bitter-Sweet Goodbyes
Aftershock
Gotham Zoo
Red Hood and Robin
Inside
Loose Ends
It Matters Most
Council of Teens
House Warming
Two Kents
Iridescent
Colorless
Black Box
Orchard
Good and Bad Will
Ragtag
Young and Old
Change of Mind
Mindful
Second Date
Bird Flu
Last Date
Absence
Lost Goddess
Missing You
Far from Truth
Spellcaster
Words of Power
Abstract of Lies
Strength in Pain
Behind the Cowl
Curtain Reveal
Abstract of Truth
Scholars and Mentors
Fall of Ten Thousand
Ultimatum
Dawn of Revelations
End of Solitude
Princess with no Crown
Never Not You
Candor
Fighter, Prince, and Assassin
Prudence
In Sleep
Wide Awake
More Members
Without Power
Dependency
Near Assumptions
Athanasia's Resolve
The Zatara
Zatara Clan
Heavy
Retrospection
Leather and Sunshine
Portal Making
Into Azarath
Damage Control
Family Curse
Black and Silver Dust
Exposition
Resolution
Sister's Burden
Pain and Shame
Care and Confidence
Domesticated
The Farmer and the Princess
Catch and Fall
A Dad's Gamble
Enchanted
Morphed
Disenchantment
Disambiguous
Star Carnival
Star Fair
Nightshade
The Mole
Campervan
Potions
Leaving Gotham
Delute
Dawn of the New Frontier
Assembly
Bluebells
The Arrival
Daughter
Infamous
Fall Out
Catching Guilt
Decisions Made
Bags to Pack
In To It
Cheryl Knows
Her Revelations
All-Seeing

Chocolate House

944 34 202
By GruviaFanatic

Credits to the real owner of the art

---

Raven leaned her head on her dad's arm. John clinked his mug of coffee to Raven's cup of tea with a benign smile on his lips. "Do you still see me the same?" John asks even though he pretty much knows the answer already. Raven rested her chin on John's arm and looks at him with her deep yet clear purple eyes. "You're still my dad, nothing is going to change that," Raven replied while John fixes the blanket they are sharing over their shoulders.

"I love you, pumpkin," John said and planted a coffee-scented kiss on her forehead. "I love you too, dad," Raven replied and snuggles closer to John. They had their couch face the window while they watch the faint rain outside under warm blankets and a cup of hot beverage in their hands. "You told me before that my mom reminds you of aunt Cheryl," Raven said and John nods his head while he drinks his coffee.

"That's right, gumdrop," John confirms. "Can you tell me how they're the same?" Raven asks despite the fact that from her dad's story she can already see how her aunt Cheryl is like her mom, Raven simply wants to hear more about her aunt. "They're both headstrong, very tough, and brave," John answered proudly. "They're both amazing, and let's admit it, pumpkin, people who can handle me deserves a place in heaven," John said with a laugh.

"Just like mom?" Raven said and pointed her thumb at the back to gesture at Zatanna who is currently in the room getting ready to go to work. "Especially Zee!" John replied and they both laugh. "Do you have any plans today?" John asks since he will be going to work later and so is Zatanna. "Yes, Donna, Jon, and I are going to a chocolate shop later," Raven answered but John stopped listening to the rest that Raven said when he did not hear Damian's name.

John smiled widely knowing that his baby is safe and away from the batbrat's grasp, John quickly allows Raven to go without further inquiries. "Have fun, gumdrop," John said and they continue drinking their hot beverages.

"Tt, Where are they? They're late," Damian said in annoyance. "Look at you, you're just like mom, both cranky," Maya teases and Damian's eyes turned into slits as he glares at Maya sharply. Maya only laughed at him while she stands behind the glass casing, her chin resting on the plan of her hands.

"On a more positive note, Maya, I'd like to express my appreciation for what you did for Raven during the play," Damian said while he strokes the rosin all the way across the bow, Maya smiles at him. "You're welcome and a simple thanks will do next time," Maya replied. "How did you know Victoria is planning on dumping black ash on Raven?" Damian asks.

"I have my ways," Maya replied vaguely. Duke entered the shop while ushering the customer's lines up outside. Duke is dressed as a garcon custom-made by Cullen, but his bow tie is tilting and he looks disheveled and flustered. "What happened to you?" Damian asks Duke with a tone of criticism.

Maya rushed towards her mom's boyfriend and straightened his bow tie. "Uncle Damian is right, what happened to you? Did you run in a marathon?" Maya asks Duke. "Tt~" Damian tutted at the nickname Maya insists on calling him. Duke catches his breath and moved away from the shop door. "They... were... asking for... pictures," Duke said and Maya got him a cup of water. "Pictures?" Maya asks and handed him the paper cup. "Thanks," Duke said to Maya and drank the water.

"Why are they asking for your picture?" Maya asks which she quickly regrets. "Duke is popular with women," Damian stated. "He is? You are?" Maya asks and then she saw a camera flash by the window. Duke smiles awkwardly and waved outside the shop window.

"Did you tell them who you are?" Damian asks and Duke's eyes widen. "No!" Duke said and shakes his head while he crossed his wrists. "We'll be opening in 10 mins," Athanasia announced while she unties the apron behind her revealing her skin-tight black dress. "Here," Damian said and passes the bow to his sister. Athanasia inspects the bow and touched the hair. "It needs more rosin," Athanasia said and sharply returned the bow to Damian.

Jason went out of the back kitchen also wearing the same garcon costume as Duke while he is carrying glasses of wine in a tray. "What do think, sis? It looks good on me huh?" Jason said proudly while he did a pose. "Duke wears it better," Athanasia said and ignored Jason. "Yeah, right," Jason replied sarcastically.

"Where's Stephanie?" Athanasia said when she sees that the blonde girl is still not present. "They said they'll be here," Damian replied and they look outside the store where the customers are already lines up and eager to get in. "If she comes late, I will shoot her," Athanasia replied.

While in the Wayne manor, "It's time to go!" Bruce called out to his family while he waits for them by the car. "I call dibs on the window seat!" Stephanie said and was running out the door while Cassandra is following her calmly and Tim is walking like he is about to faint any moment. "Are you okay, Timmy?" Bruce asks Tim who is sporting huge under-eye circles. "Can we get coffee on the way?" Tim asks and Bruce was about to agree when Stephanie shouted.

"No! Damian is already there! We're already late! Let's go!" Stephanie said and tugged her boyfriend inside the car. "Bruce hurry up!" Stephanie said impatiently. "Coming, coming!" Martha Kane Wayne said, she has an expensive black scarf on her head, gloves in her hands, and she's wearing sunglasses as her disguise. "No offense grandma, but if I see someone like you all dressed in Gucci... I'd kidnap you," Harper said to Martha.

"Ooh! That sounds fun! My hands are itching for a little blood," Martha said with a wide innocent smile and Harper faces their grandfather who is also wearing a mustache and a few prosthetics to hide his face. "She's just kidding," Thomas said and placed his hand on Martha's back, Martha smiled sweetly at Thomas but Harper is still convinced that her grandmother is definitely not kidding.

"Selina, let's go," Bruce called to his wife who stopped by the entrance to look at her reflection once again. "You look great!" Cullen reassures her. "Are you sure? I feel like my mascara doesn't have enough volume," Selina said with worry while Cullen pushes her shoulder gently. "I'll fix it in the car," Cullen said and guided Selina into the limo.

When Selina and Cullen got in, Bruce followed and signaled for Alfred to start driving. Stephanie puts on her earphones and closes her eyes, her fingers are on her lap while she is tapping on it as if she's playing the piano while she listens to the music. Tim moved his ear near Stephanie's to listen to the song she's practicing.

"What song?" Cassandra asks Tim about the song Stephanie has been practicing. "I think it's Merry-go-round-life," Tim replied. "I've heard Damian play that song before, once, and then he threatened to stab my ears," Tim continued. Stephanie pulled one of her earphones off and looks at Tim. "Damian chose the song," Stephanie said with a smile.

"I can't believe I get to finally play a song with him, he always refuses," Stephanie added with an excited smile. "What does Damian play?" Martha asks curiously. "Vio...lin," Cassandra replied and Bruce agrees. "That's odd, I've never heard him play," Thomas said. "Don't worry, Dad, you're not the only one," Selina replied while Cullen retouches Selina's make-up.

"The violin reminds him of Talia," Bruce explained. "He plays the violin when he is in the mood, but he doesn't perform it in front of us," Bruce continued. "What changed?" Thomas asks since clearly, Damian is going to perform today. "I'm not sure," Bruce replied honestly. Damian plays the violin in private, he talks about playing the instrument but they can never ask him to perform for them.

The drive to Athanasia is supposed to be quick but there are lots of cars parked near the chocolate shop and there's a long line that reached the other block all the way to Athanasia's shop. "Oh my," Martha said as they see the flock of elite Gothamites lined up just to enter the first luxury chocolate shop in Gotham. "Woah," Harper commented.

"Dick texted me, he said they are already in and we're running late," Tim said to them. "He is?" Cullen asks. "Jason and Dick volunteered to help Athy in the shop in exchange for VIP tickets," Tim explained while he replies to Dick's message. "Oh it's good Maya told us about the VIP tickets dear," Martha said to Thomas with a smile while Bruce frowns.

"What VIP ticket? Isn't there only one ticket?" Bruce asks and the family immediately faces Bruce with horror and shock stricken in their faces. "...oh no," Selina said and covered her mouth but then remembered that her red lipstick might get erased. "Is there another ticket?" Bruce asks in frustration. Selina got her purse and got the golden ticket that turns green when it is reflected by the light and showed it to her husband. "Does your ticket look like this?" Selina asks and Bruce sighed heavily.

He got the ticket that he asked his assistant to get for him, it's silver and slightly smaller than Selina's. "That's the general admission ticket honey," Selina said and Bruce is starting to get angry. "Didn't you secure a ticket ahead of time? I told you to get one as soon as it was issued, the VIP ticket was limited," Selina said to him and Bruce breathes in heavily.

"I forgot, so I asked my assistant Jenny to get one for me," Bruce replied with an annoyed and shamed tone, he did ask his assistant a little late to get the tickets but he expected Athy, Duke, or Maya to reserve him one. "How did all of you get a VIP ticket?" Bruce asks them. 

"Maya called me and asked if Kane Chemicals is using nuclear fuel," Martha said casually. "I told her I'm not sure so I gave her Katherine's number instead, and while we were talking she mentioned about the tickets, and then she sent me two VIP tickets, for me and Thomas," Martha explained. 

"Why is Maya asking about nuclear fuel?" Bruce asks in confusion while Alfred searches for parking. "I'm afraid I don't know dear, maybe she's going to bomb a city," Martha suggested enthusiastically which made Bruce grimace. "I think Maya is sensible enough not to do that," Thomas said to Bruce to ease his son's worry. 

"What about the others?" Bruce asks. "We will be performing so Athy automatically gave us VIPs," Stephanie said and pointed at her and Cassandra. "I inquired and got a ticket from the website," Tim said and Harper raised her hand. "I was with Tim when he was getting the ticket so I got one for myself too," Harper replied. 

"Athy paid me with a check and VIP ticket for the garcon suits," Cullen answered. "And Selina?" Bruce asks. "The elite women all got two VIP tickets, one for us and one for our husbands," Selina explained shyly. "...so where's mine?" Bruce asks and Selina smiled awkwardly. "I thought you already got one so I gave my other ticket to Alfred," Selina said and Bruce's expression fell into a disappointment. 

"I'm so sorry, honey," Selina apologizes. "We'll just talk to Athy, she's your daughter, I'm sure she'll understand," Selina said enthusiastically and Alfred successfully parked the limo. 

"No, I don't understand," Athanasia said with a cold gaze, her arms are crossed and everything about her body language screams danger. Duke has seen this kind of piercing attitude from her, the first time he saw her in the bar she had the atmosphere that screams she's unapproachable and wholly unfriendly. Her expression alone is like walking in a tundra. 

Duke smiles at his girlfriend to try and sway her decision, honestly, Duke feels like there is nothing he can do about Athy's deadly stern attitude. "Bruce was really busy and he couldn't--" 

"I'm running a business here, Duke, not a charity event," Athanasia said in a sharp tone that immediately shut Duke's mouth. "The first customers earned their VIP tickets, I was lenient with the distribution of VIP tickets, it's his fault he couldn't claim one early," Athanasia continued, Dick and Jason waved their hands near their neck to tell him to just stop since its no use. Athanasia is already on edge since yesterday, they can't make her angry, god knows they don't want to make Athanasia furious. 

"Tell father this," Athanasia said to Duke. "Stay at the back of the line like the other silver ticket owners and wait for his turn," Athanasia said strictly, and Duke adjusted his bow tie while he gulps. "You...want me to... tell Bruce... that?" Duke asks nervously and Athanasia only stared at him with a dead expression. 

"Yeah, okay," Duke made up his mind, Athanasia is definitely scarier than Bruce. Bruce snapped at him before when he was not in the mood, Duke is able to handle Bruce's mood since he understands that Bruce's anger comes directly from stress, while Athanasia... she is naturally strict.

"We'll be opening in 3 mins," Athanasia said to Stephanie, Cassandra, and Damian who are all seated by the small musician's platform. "It's going to be okay," Duke said and they went to the back kitchen to exit from the backdoor. Athanasia went out first and was followed by Jason and Dick bringing glasses of champagne. Athanasia circled to the front door where the customers are all cheering and clapping for her, excited to get in. 

"Maya," Athanasia said, Athy handed a champagne glass to Maya, and Maya stepped forward. 

"Hello everyone," Maya said and held her glass, some customers raised their phones towards her, and local reports takes pictures of her. "I am Maya Ducard, I am the daughter of the owner of Safia's Chocolate House. All I want to say is thank you all for being here and for coming to our grand opening. I am proud to introduce to you, my one and only mom, Athanasia," Maya said and raised her glass to Athanasia. Jason, Duke, and Dick continuously pass around glasses of wine and champagne to the customers. 

"I thank all of you for coming," Athanasia said and tries her best to give the people a smile but decided to just give them her usual facial reaction. "Safia's Chocolate House is officially open," Athanasia said and opened the front door, the customers' claps and cheered while Dick help usher the people into the store.  

Athanasia went behind the store counter and helped the customers with their orders, Duke and Maya are assisting beside her while she tells them what to do. Damian is playing the violin, Stephanie with the piano, and Cassandra is doing ballet. 

"Hi, mom!" Colin greets Jason who has a camera hanging around his neck like Kara who is standing beside him. "Hey babe," Jason said and quickly kisses the side of Kara's head while handing her a glass of champagne. "I can't drink babe, I'm writing a story," Kara said and declined the champagne glass so Jason handed it to Colin instead. "I'm still 15, mom," Colin reminds Jason. "You'll be fine," Jason said and encourages Colin to drink. 

"I'll take that," Barbara said and got the glass from Colin's hands. "Damian is playing the violin," Barbara said in surprise. "Yeah, shocker," Jason said while Mia peeks behind Barbara. "Hi!" Mia said and waved at Jason and Colin. "Hi, Mia! Let me introduce you to my dad!" Colin said to Mia and invites her towards Kara. 

"Miss Kara, this is Mia, she's my friend," Colin said and introduces Kara to Mia. "Mia, this is my dad, Miss Kara," Colin said to Mia, Mia giggled and smiled widely at Kara. "It's nice to meet you Colin's dad!" Mia said and excitedly shakes Kara's hand. "It's nice to finally meet you too, Mia. Jason and Colin talks about you a lot," Kara said to the wide-eyed Japanese girl. "They do?" Mia asks gleefully.

"Yes," Kara answered. 

"Alfie, what do we do with Bruce?" Selina asks the butler who has entered the shop with her. "Nothing, Miss Selina. Some lessons should be taught through tough love. In addition, we cannot bother Miss Athanasia," Alfred replied and gestured at Athanasia who is busy talking to the customers. 

"Hello, meemaw," Maya said to Selina. "And Alfie," Maya said to Alfred next. "Hello Maya," Selina replied to the girl. "We need a little help," Selina said and held Maya's hand. "Is this about granddaddy Bruce?" Maya asks teasingly. "Yes," Selina answered. "Uhh, I can get in trouble with mom if I oppose her decision," Maya said unsurely and Selina's expression fell. "But I'll try," Maya said and Selina's expression brightened. 

Maya went to her mom who is currently talking to the customers. "Duke, can you take mom's customers for a sec?" Maya asks Duke. "Sure," Duke replied and he gently circles his arms around Athy's waist. "I got this," Duke said to Athanasia and talked to the customers in Athy's stead. Duke flashed his charming smile at the female customers and they quickly flocked towards Duke. 

Athanasia did not like how the women are eyeing Duke and she was about to approach them when Maya caught her mom's hand. "I need to talk to you about something," Maya said hurriedly. "This is not a good time, Maya," Athanasia said but Maya kept a tight hold on Athy's hand. "Granddad is still outside, he can't come in," Maya said and Athanasia frowns. "I know," Athanasia replied shortly. 

"Meemaw is worried," Maya said, and Athanasia's brows arched in confusion. "Who is meemaw?" Athanasia asks. "Selina," Maya answered. "Please, Athy, mom, at least do it for Selina. You owe her for this really cool interior," Maya reasoned and Athanasia stares at her. "Mom, please," Maya repeated. 

"Fine, take care of the customers," Athanasia said with frustration and went outside. There are still customers lines up outside who are holding silver tickets. Athanasia quickly spotted her father in the crowd since Bruce Wayne is the center of it, he is talking to the people like a ring leader. The people are eating up everything he is saying as if he is speaking the words of God, they are hanging by every word he is splurting. "Mister Wayne," Athanasia called to her father. 

The crowd broke open and Bruce smiles at her charmingly. "Miss Athanasia," Bruce acknowledges her. "I apologize for not acquiring a golden ticket," Bruce said with his fake celebrity charm while the crowd laughs for him. "I was very busy these past days," Bruce added and the crowd reacted to him again. "I heard," Athanasia answered coldly. "If you wish to join your family, you may do so," Athanasia stated and grins. 

"That's a very tempting offer, Miss Athanasia, I truly appreciate it but I must abide by the order that was stated," Bruce said and is currently enjoying his acting as the perfect billionaire celebrity asshole. "I see," Athanasia said and a sly grin formed on her face that reminded Bruce of Talia when the wicked woman is thinking of something nefarious. "Alright, suit yourself, father," Athanasia said and Bruce turned pale while the crowd fell silent. 

Bruce hasn't publicly announced about Athanasia and they agreed not to, Athanasia did not have any plans of associating herself to her father's last name candidly, but she is not going to let her father play her along in front of the crowd. Athanasia hates losing after all. 

"Apologies," Athanasia said quickly with a fake laugh and Bruce laughed with her too, nervously. The crowd laughed along with them thinking that it's nothing but an inside joke between Bruce and Athanasia, Athanasia can smell the crowd's intention towards her father, they are all sucking up to him and Bruce is playing his role perfectly. 

"What I meant is, father-in-law," Athanasia corrects herself and once again everyone fell deafeningly silent. "Father-in-law?" one person said and they began whispering. Bruce sees that he no longer controls the crowd decided that he has lost, he glares at Athanasia and walks ahead. "Miss Athanasia, lead the way," Bruce said sternly and began walking towards the shop. "I hope you enjoyed the little show that you put up," Bruce added unhappily.

"I did," Athanasia replied and they entered the shop together. The moment Bruce entered the shop everyone's eyes are on him, Selina smiles widely at the sight of her husband. "Honey," Selina said and hugs Bruce as soon as he enters. Athanasia sees that Duke, Maya, Dick, and Jason are handling the customers very well, they are tasting the chocolates and drinking wine, and also purchasing chocolates for take-out. 

"Mia! Colin!" Jon called to the two.

Jon, Donna, and Raven approached Colin and Mia who are happily eating chocolate truffles. Raven kept her face hidden in her purple hoodie and under a black face mask while she looks around with wary. Maya sees them and passed her task to Dick for a while, she walks behind Raven. "Gotcha!" Maya said and surprises Raven.

"Maya!" Raven and Donna exclaimed. "Hi, Maya!" Jon and Donna greet her. "Hey, I'm glad you guys are here," Maya said to them with a smile. "Sorry, we're late, Maya," Raven apologizes. "We had to keep a lookout for pesky reporters," Donna explained and Jon did a sad puppy expression. "But Donna, my mom, dad, and sister are all reporters," Jon said and Donna coddles him.

"Aww but Jonnie-poo, I've said what I've said, they are pesky!" Donna said and gestured at Raven who has to wear a hoodie and face mask to cover her facial features. "Don't worry, Rach, Kara said she will do her best to bury that news with the news about Safia's chocolate house," Jon comforts Raven. "Yep! Babs and I are also filtering and taking down news about you guys online," Mia said and quickly lowered her voice.

"Thank you, everyone," Raven said to her friends. "Also, I know you will be uncomfortable here in the shop, so I told mom and she said you guys can go up first," Maya said to them. "Up?" Colin asks. "Yep, didn't I tell you guys we have a rooftop deck?" Maya asks and the group shakes their head. "Oh oops, so we have a rooftop deck and we had it set up with sun chairs and day beds. We're going up there later to celebrate but you guys can go ahead, I will also bring chocolates up there... free to eat of course," Maya said invitingly.

"Really?!" Colin and Jon said in unison. "Yep!" Maya replied with a big smile. "Damian is going there too, right after a short performance," Maya said and they all faced the small platform. "I didn't know Damian knows how to play the violin," Colin said with awe. Raven's eyes are focused on her boyfriend who has his eyes closed while he passionately feels the music produced by his violin.

"He's good," Mia whispered to Raven. Damian and Stephanie ended the song and so with Cassandra's ballet dance, Damian slowly opened his eyes and quickly found Raven from the mass inside the shop, a smile instantly appeared on Damian's lips as if Raven holds the switch to his happiness.

Damian did not leave the stage, he stood there holding his violin and bow, while Athanasia crossed the room and climbed up the platform. All eyes are on Athanasia, the owner of the store, the people stopped talking and watch as the businesswoman retrieve a large instrument case beside the piano.

Duke placed a seat stool for Athanasia while the woman opens the cello case. Stephanie, Damian, and Cassandra all wait for her to get ready. "Athy knows how to play the cello?" Martha asks Bruce. "I guess," Bruce answered unsurely. Bruce stares at Athanasia, his wayward daughter. The things he knows about her are limited to almost as if they are strangers, she is independent and talented, and as he watches her with her sisters; Cassandra and Stephanie, Bruce wishes that he could have brought Athanasia to Gotham with him a long time ago.

What would have happened if he didn't drive Athanasia away when she was 10 years old and was searching for his comfort? Things could have been different between them, they would have been closer. There is no point in dwelling in the past, Bruce thought to himself. Athanasia is here now, although their relationship could have been better, Athanasia agreed to be here in Gotham.

She's so close Bruce can now reach her. "Honey, try this," Selina said and passed a glass of red wine to Bruce and pushed a mendiant to his mouth, Bruce parted his lips and ate the chocolate disk studded with almonds and dried chopped cherries. Bruce finished the red wine to mix the taste of chocolate in his mouth with a smile.

To say that Athanasia's personally crafted chocolates are the best that Bruce has ever tasted in his life might sound biased because he's her daughter but perhaps it is even more precious because Athanasia is his daughter. When he and Athanasia were reunited she started sending chocolates to him during special occasions that Bruce sends a letter to her. Athy doesn't send a reply letter, she sends back a box of chocolate.

Athanasia is currently conversing with Stephanie, Damian, and Cassandra when Damian said something that made Athanasia glance at Duke. Selina does have a point, he was lucky that Duke and Athy are together. It's difficult to wrap his head around the truth that his adopted son is dating his blood daughter but Bruce will never find a better candidate for Athy but Duke. Duke's sensibility makes up for Athanasia's strong attitude.

Bruce prays that Duke and Athanasia's relationship lasts and grows stronger or else it will surely create a huge rift within their family. Also, Bruce is concerned for Maya Ducard. The girl did not have the most pleasant childhood either but despite that Maya doesn't seem to be affected by it, Bruce can see a strong resemblance between Duke and Maya especially with their ambition to do what's right without wanting attention to themselves.

Damian said something to Stephanie and stepped forward, he will be leading the performance. Damian looks at Raven from the audience and winks at her before he closes his eyes and started playing which was accompanied by Athanasia's cello. Stephanie started playing the piano with a gleeful grin on her face that often makes everyone feel uneasy because when Stephanie smiles like that, she is usually up to no good. Cassandra started doing ballet and the customers/audience are watching with enjoyment also a bit of confusion as to why the musicians decided to play Canon in D which is a well-known wedding song.

Raven can't stop watching the gracefulness of Damian's agile fingers and relaxed face. Raven can watch Damian play the violin forever. Damian would slightly open his eyes only to glimpse at her and smile to himself, his hands move swiftly and elegantly with every stroke of the bow on the violin strings. His suave demeanor is even more distinct matched with his calm handsome face, curse that face! Raven thought to herself while her face continues to burn like embers.

Somehow Raven can see Damian with a sword rather than a bow, she has been watching Damian train and fight, and it seems that all of Damian's fighting moves are rooted in his casual actions. Damian murmured something to his violin and Raven watches his mouth move, Damian looks at Raven once again with a glint in his eyes.

Habibti, Damian mouthed.

Raven, Donna, Jon, Mia, and Colin are at the rooftop deck and they are all fascinated to see the rooftop. It looks like a perfect place to hang out, gather, and relax, then again, the chocolate shop looks incredible too. Kory and Mar'i are already laid on of the sun seats, Donna pulled Raven and Mia to a daybed and the three girls fell on the bed with a bounce and laughter filled with giggles.

Raven pulls her hood down and she takes off her mask too, finally, she can be comfortable. "Here are the chocolates!" Maya announced who is being followed by Damian who is holding a sparkling red grape juice. Maya got the bottle from Damian and offered the chocolates to him. "You and Raven haven't tasted Athy's chocolates, right?" Maya asks him and encouraged Damian to get one for him and Raven.

Damian got two round chocolates from the crystal bowl Maya is holding and inspects the chocolate with scrutiny. "Why do you look like that?" Maya asks while looking at Damian's suspicious expression on the chocolate. "It looks familiar," Damian said and Maya smiled. "Think about it while sharing it with Raven," Maya said and almost pushed Damian towards Raven.

Damian approached Raven and sat beside her. He offered the chocolate and Raven got one chocolate truffle in Damian's palm. Raven and Damian popped the chocolate in their mouths and their eyes widen in realization, Raven pointed in her mouth while she recalls where she tasted the chocolate and remembered Damian's mouth.

Raven's face began to burn from embarrassment while Damian stifles a laugh. "I remember this taste," Damian said with a smirk, and Raven glares at him. "Something is missing tho," Damian said and pinches his chin while he thinks. "The red wine?" Raven suggests and Damian moved his face towards Raven, mischief is sparkling from his emerald green eyes. "No, it's the flavor of your lips," Damian muttered and Raven's heart skipped a beat.

Thankfully, Damian's teasing did not continue because the Wayne family entered the rooftop deck. "Oh my, how wonderful," Martha said with a wide smile, Martha and Thomas are slowly taking off their disguises. The Wayne family and friends walk around the rooftop deck, looking around with amazement. A few moments later, Duke and Athy also appeared after finishing their business in the shop. Athanasia declared a strict cut-off on the shop's closing or else she will have nothing to sell the next day.

"Miss Athanasia, what about a toast for your success?" Alfred asks Athanasia and poured wine for her. "I knew being a wallflower will not suit you, Miss," Alfred said confidently which made Athanasia smile a bit. "I appreciate it, Alfred," Athanasia said. "Here's to Athy's successful opening!" Dick said and raised his glass. "And for more success to come," Selina said and also raised her glass.

"Hear, hear!" the family cheered and toasts for Athy. "I have something for everyone," Athanasia said and gestured at Duke. Duke stepped back and pushed a small cart towered with small red and black boxes towards Athy. "These are special products that I made, when I call for you, come forward," Athanasia said in a neutral voice. Athy got the box on the very top of the cart. "Cassandra," Athanasia said and Cassandra walks to her, Athanasia handed a box to her and Cassandra sees the chocolate inside through the transparent lid. "Cass-El Peach, its chocolate truffle sprinkled with candied peach," Maya explained happily who is standing next to her mom.

"Peaches?" Cassandra asks with a wide smile at Athanasia. "Tch," Athanasia clicked her tongue, Cassandra is too damn bright for her eyes. Athanasia closed her eyes and leaned forward to whisper in Cassandra's ears. "The Kryptonian boy has one too," Athanasia said with a rigid expression. It was Athanasia who decided to name the chocolate, it's the combination of Cassandra and Conner's Kryptonian name. Athy had a Cass-El chocolate truffle sent and delivered to Conner Kent's address, hopefully, it will compensate for trying to assassinate him.

"Dick Grayson," Athanasia said and Dick walks to her with a sunny smile too, Athanasia is internally reprimanding herself for not bringing her sunglasses with her. First, it's Cassandra, now it's Dick, their personalities are too bright and blinding. Athanasia quickly stacked three boxes in Dick's hands. "Night star, a star-shaped chocolate cup with white chocolate filling and cocoa dust," Maya explained and Dick's smile only grew larger when he heard the name for the chocolate.

"Aww! Athy! You named the chocolate after my family?" Dick asks with glee and hearts in his eyes, he was about to embrace Athy as he does with Bruce when Athy quickly pulled out a small revolver from her thigh. "I will shoot you in the face," Athanasia threatens him and Dick stares at the revolver with confusion. "Do you always bring a gun with you?" Dick asks and Athanasia simply stared at him.

"Yes, yes she does," Maya answered for her mom. "Next, Timothy Drake," Athanasia said and Tim slowly approached her. "Uh, thanks Athy," Tim said to Athanasia. "That chocolate is called Timffee, it's an espresso-flavored chocolate that is molded to look like coffee beans," Maya explained and Tim stares at the chocolates he received with deep appreciation. "Timffee?" Stephanie ask. "It's like Tim plus coffee," Stephanie concluded and Tim said thanks to Athy once again.

"Jason," Athanasia said and Jason walks to her with a grin. "What do you have for me, twin sis?" Jason asks and Athy placed three boxes in his hands. "Yours is called, Neopolitan, it's chocolate truffle with strawberry and white chocolate filling," Maya said and Jason stared at the box of chocolate he received with surprise. "How did you... know?" Jason asks Athanasia, there are three boxes she gave Jason, one for him, Colin, and Kara. "Next," Athanasia said coldly rather than answering Jason's question.

"Harper Row," Athanasia said and Harper walks to her awkwardly. "Hey, you made for me? Thanks!" Harper thanks Athanasia. "Yours is called Harp, it's soda flavored chocolate," Maya said and Harper smiled widely. "Soda? Really? Cool!" Harper replied. She's excited to taste the chocolate Athy made for her.

"Selina, Father, Grandmother, and Grandfather," Athanasia called to Selina, Bruce, Martha, and Thomas Wayne, she handed them both a brown wooden box. "The chocolate inside is called Emperor and Empress, it's a pair of brandy chocolate truffles with pure edible gold," Maya explained and Selina opened the box curiously. "It is gold," Selina said in shock and showed it to Martha, Thomas, and Bruce. "Thank you, Athy," Thomas said to her granddaughter. "It's just chocolate," Athanasia replied passively and Thomas smiles.

"By now, you've proven that it's more than just that," Thomas answered, and Athy did not reply. "Thank you, darling!" Martha said and quickly pulled Athy into an embrace before she can argue or pull out her gun. "You're next," Athy said to Duke right after Martha lets go of her. "Me?" Duke asks. "I don't like repeating myself," Athy replied sternly and Duke stepped towards her. "You didn't have to," Duke said with a smile and Athy pushed a box in his hand, he can see the chocolate inside through the transparent lid and smiled at the colors Athy used on the chocolate; black and yellow, the colors of his uniform. "I want to," Athanasia replied.

"That is called Ducal, its citrus-scented bourbon dark chocolate," Maya informs Duke. "Ducal?" Duke asks since the name of the chocolate closely sounds like his name. "Thanks, Athy," Duke said and was about to lean in for a kiss when Athy covered his lips with her hand. "You can seduce me later... tonight, not now," Athanasia replied shamelessly. "I wasn't-- ah never mind," Duke replied in a tired voice.

"Stephanie, you're next," Athanasia said and Stephanie skipped towards her. "Stephanie Brown, reporting for duty!" Stephanie said playfully with a salute. "Here," Athanasia handed her a box. "Your chocolate is called the Blonde, it's waffle scented and coconut dusted white chocolate," Maya stated and Stephanie eagerly opened the box after hearing the word waffle, she inhaled the scent of the chocolate and looks at Athanasia with tearful eyes.

"I love you," Stephanie said to Athy. "Next," Athanasia said and dismissed Stephanie's words of affection. "Jon Kent," Athanasia said and Jon looks surprised that he is getting one too. "Me?" Jon asks. "Faster," Athanasia said and Jon super-sped to Athanasia, Athanasia handed the box to him. "Your chocolate is called Apple Kent, its caramel apple tart truffle," Maya explained and Jon smiles widely, he bows to Athy with appreciation. "Thank you, D's sister!" Jon said happily.

"Cullen Row," Athanasia said and Cullen walks to her with astonishment. "Y-you made o-one for me t-too?" Cullen asks with a hint of stutter. "It's just chocolate," Athanasia repeated and gave the box to Cullen, but from Cullen's perspective, the chocolate is so much more. "Yours is called Pink Tailor, it's blueberry and pomegranate smoothie truffle," Maya said and Cullen sees the pink chocolate truffle inside. "T-thank you, Athy!" Cullen said happily.

"Next, Damian," Athanasia said and Damian approached his sister. "Sister," Damian said and Athanasia reached out the box to him. "Brother," Athanasia replied with the same formal tone as Damian. "Your chocolate is called D's Mint, it's mint chocolate truffles," Maya describe. Damian nodded a sign of gratitude at Athy and Athy nodded back.

"Barbara Gordon, Mia Mizoguchi," Athanasia said and the two went forward. "We get special chocolates too?" Mia asks Barbara when Athanasia gave them both a box. "Your chocolate is called Robin's nest, chocolate-shaped nest," Maya told Mia and Barbara. "Robin's nest?" Barbara asks. "For cradling and carrying the team behind the scenes," Athanasia explained and Barbra smiled. "Like a nest... thanks, Athy, this is really thoughtful," Barbara answered. "Thank you, Athy!" Mia said to Athy.

"Jon, Bruce, Raven," Athanasia said and got three boxes. "Again?" Jon asks curiously as the three walks to Athanasia. "This is for Lois, Aunt Kate, and Zatanna," Athanasia said and handed the boxes to Jon, Bruce, and Raven. "Those chocolates are called Sinful Queens, it's white chocolate mousse," Maya said to them and when Raven is about to walk back to Damian, Athanasia called for her again. "Raven," Athanasia said.

"...why?" Raven asks and Athanasia added another box in her hands, Maya smiled at Raven. "Your chocolate is called the Blueberry Raven, it's blueberry and blackcurrant flavored chocolate cube," Maya said to her, and Raven is still surprised. "Thanks... I didn't expect you also made one for me," Raven said to Athanasia and Maya.

"Next, Donna Troy," Athanasia said. "Hey! Yay! I get one too!" Donna said happily and Raven smiled at her best friend. "You were funny during the play," Athanasia said with a straight face and gave Donna a chocolate box. "Thanks!" Donna said and waited for Maya to explain. "Yours is called the Red joker, it's raspberry chocolate," Maya stated and Donna said thanks again.

"Lastly, Alfred," Athanasia said and faced the butler standing near her. "Miss Athanasia?" Alfred asks in surprise as Athanasia pushed a box towards him. "Your chocolate is called the Black Brit, it's black tea flavored dark chocolate," Maya said to Alfred, Alfred quickly bowed to Athy and Maya. "It's an honor Miss Athanasia, Miss Maya," Alfred said and expressed his gratitude to the two.

---

You can listen to Canon in D here: 

What's your chocolate? :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.4K 1.5K 23
Love may seem like a really complicated term depending on the person who seeks it. It can be pretty like a scene from a fairytale, but it can be the...
163K 5.7K 31
Damian Al Ghul has been sent on a mission by his mother, Talia Al Ghul in order to prove his worth to her and his grandfather as a suitable heir to t...
247K 7.6K 62
"Believe Me When I Say This. I'm Here For You" - Jonathan Kent After defeating some bad guys, Damian got knocked out by one of them. Jon had to help...
8.1K 224 50
(On a Break due to School) (Completed till the near future) I like writing stories there my favorite thing to do. Damirae is one of my favorite coup...