Guilty Love

By NightTime_Storiexs

Four years. Four years ago, he left her. And now he's back, showing up at her bookstore, asking for a second... More

1| Runville
2| Home
3| News
4| Reasons
5| Lunch
6| Alone
7| Dirty
8| Fire
9| Power
10| Catch
11| Distance
12| Answers
13| Crimson
14| Run
16| Care
17| Promises
18| Shopping
19| Donation
20| Time
21| Stars
22| Love
23| Start
24| Fair
25| Princess
26| Funeral
27| Healing
28| Normal
29| Camera
30| Past
31| Yours
New Book!

15| Knight

16.5K 609 138
By NightTime_Storiexs

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Knight

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 15: Knight (London's POV)

Taking shots like that and walking out on my own was probably a very stupid idea. Okay, it was a very stupid idea. But I was angry and by the time I came out of the bathroom and went back to the table, Verena and Damon were already one shot in, so I joined them. But within three shots, I remembered alcohol isn't for me, especially vodka, and I should get home before I pass out on the table itself. 

Damon did ask me out of concern when he was merely tipsy if I should be leaving on my own, but I waved him off and walked away anyway. 

I blinked slowly, my vision turning hazy as I walked, recognizing my store. That's how I knew I was on the right track. I stopped at the end of the street, too tired to keep walking. I leaned against the wall near the alleyway, taking a break. I blinked in confusion, peeking into the alleyway when I heard a loud thud as if something had fallen near the dumpster at the end of the alleyway. 

I started feeling uneasy and thought I should leave but before I could, I felt someone grabbing my arm, pulling me into the alleyway. I let out a yelp in surprise, instantly trying to jerk my arm free but their hold was too tight. I stumbled over my own feet, which only helped the man pull me in further. "Hey!" I yelled when I was shoved against the wall, groaning softly while touching the back of my head. 

"Where's your purse?" he asked through gritted teeth, sounding furious. 

I finally saw his face under the dim lamp shining right above my head. Under the shabby hair and clothing, I couldn't see the face clearly, but from his clothes and where he was, it was obvious this man was homeless. "I don't have anything on me," I grunted, giving him a hard push. 

I have no idea who this man is because Runville doesn't often have a lot of homeless people. People don't just stumble into Runville because they don't have anywhere to go. People in Runville have always been in Runville. "Bitch," he snarled, patting my pockets. 

I cursed, "Fuck off!" I threw his hands off my body and pushed myself off the wall, moving to run out. I barely took one step forward before he grabbed a handful of my hair, jerking me back, throwing my head back against the wall. I cried out loudly, feeling my eyes stinging from the burn and the pain in my head. I grabbed my head, my knees giving out as I sat down, tears falling from my eyes. 

"Have you got any money on you or not?" he asked, reaching into his pocket and taking out a pocket knife, flashing the blade at me. 

I shook my head without looking up. 

"Phone?" he pried. 

I shook my head again, crying louder as my head pounded. Maybe I was bleeding, I couldn't feel anything, but my head hit the wall too hard. Then my phone started ringing in my back pocket. I closed my eyes tightly, keeping my head down. 

"You fucking liar," he chuckled dryly, taking a step forward. 

I kicked him as hard as I could in the shin, making him yelp and crouch down, grabbing his leg. He glared at me, inching closer with the blade and I closed my eyes, ready for him to cut me somewhere or stab me somewhere, but the blow never came. 

I opened my eyes, hearing him grunt. I slowly pulled my hands from my head, resting them on my knees as I looked up and saw Ronan standing there. 

He was breathing a little heavily before pocketing his phone and glancing at me. "You okay?" 

I couldn't answer, I just stared, wide-eyed. 

We both looked over at the man who was scrambling up to his feet, tightening his hold on the knife. He ran at Ronan and all Ronan had to do was swiftly step aside and the man ran past him. Before he could turn back around, Ronan gave him a hard kick in his legs and the man fell to his knees again. 

"Are you hurt?" Ronan asked me, stepping forward and crouching down to my level. The man yelled in annoyance and Ronan stood back up, sighing in frustration. "Aren't you sick of it already? Get out of here while you can still walk." 

He ran at Ronan again and tried tackling him. The blade shone under the light as they both fell to the floor, fighting each other. 

I was getting worried, so with shaky hands, I pulled out my phone and dialed the police station. I watched both of them grunting and yelling at each other. The man was constantly trying to stab Ronan with the knife and Ronan kept pushing his arm away, holding his wrist. But the man was on top of Ronan, pinning him down with his entire body weight. 

"Hello, Runville police station, how can I help you?" 

I blurted out everything I knew, from where I was to what happened to what the man looked like. 

"We're on our way," he said quickly before hanging up. 

My eyes were closing, it felt like I had a concussion but then I heard a loud shout in agony and pain. I was suddenly extremely conscious when I realized that voice was Ronan's. 

I looked over and the man was easing off of Ronan, standing up with shaky hands before dropping the knife. Ronan remained on the floor, holding his side. "Asshole," he cursed. 

I stuck my leg out, tripping the man as sirens rang around us. He tried running but I leaned forward and saw that by the time he reached the end of the alley, the cops were already standing there, holding their guns out. 

Ronan propped himself onto his elbow, staring at me while slowly sitting up. "Are you okay, London?" 

"My head," I mumbled, feeling my head go dizzy. I felt like I would pass out any second.

He grunted, standing up and grabbed a hold of my arms, pulling me forward before he tucked one arm under my legs and the other under my back, picking me up. He winced slightly, rushing over to the cops. One of the cops was handcuffing the man and the other opened the passenger door and drove us to the hospital. Ronan kept me awake until we reached the emergency ward. 

They put me on a bed while a doctor checked my head. Ronan stood beside me the entire time. Through his black shirt, the blood wasn't visible and he wasn't telling the doctors that he was hurt either. "Is she bleeding?" he asked, grabbing a hold of my hand. 

I stared at our hands while the doctor put an ice pack to my head. 

"No, luckily, she's not. It's a minor concussion, she'll be fine in a few hours. She'll feel exhausted and there's bruising to her head, so she might be in pain. Hold the ice pack." 

Ronan grabbed a hold of it and I winced softly at the shift. 

"I'll prescribe some medication for her, make sure to pick it up at the pharmacy on your way out." While the doctor scribbled down some pills, he turned to Ronan. "Are you hurt?" 

"Yes," I said. 

"No," Ronan said at the same time. 

I tilted my head up, looking at him. "You were hurt," I mumbled. 

"I'm fine," he shook his head. 

"Get it checked out," I pleaded. 

"I'm holding the ice pack." 

I lifted my hand, holding it for myself, the coldness from the ice pack numbing the pain. I turned to the doctor. "He was hurt." 

"No, I wasn't." 

"Where?" 

"His side." 

"I'm fine," Ronan said sternly, glaring at me. 

"Are you kidding? Oh," I laughed dryly. "He's scared of needles." 

The doctor eyed him. "You might not need a needle. Let me see." 

"I'm fine," he persisted. 

I touched his side and he winced loudly, taking a step back. I rolled my eyes as he sat on the stool beside my bed. "Get it checked out," I repeated, squeezing his hand. "Please?" 

He sighed in defeat, staring at me. 

"This way," the doctor said, taking him to the bed beside mine, drawing the curtain between our beds. 

"Do I need stitches?" I heard Ronan ask. 

"No, you weren't stabbed, but you were cut. A good cleaning and a bandage dressing will do, but you must change it every day for at least a week. Understood?" 

Ronan didn't reply, so I'm guessing he nodded. 

After a few minutes, the curtain was pulled back and the doctor stood between our beds. "Who should we call?" 

"Nobody," I blurted out. I felt Ronan looking at me. I turned to him, still holding the ice pack to my head. 

He was sitting up and reaching over for his shirt. I quickly looked away, glancing at him from the corner of my eye. "Shouldn't you call your dad?" he asked. 

"It'll only worry him. I'm going home anyway. I'm fine," I said softly, only looking at him when he was dressed. The doctor nodded before leaving. 

We both sat in silence until my ice pack had gone warm and then I set it down, getting ready to leave. Ronan winced as he stood beside me, holding a hand out to help me up. I grabbed his hand and pulled myself, both of us walking to the counter. He had his wallet on him, so he paid for the treatment and my medication before we left, standing outside the hospital. He turned to me. "Ice your head when you get home. And eat something before taking the pills." He handed me the paper bag. 

I took it, staring at him. "Thank you. You didn't have to do all that," I mumbled, fidgeting with the bag. 

"Of course, I did. I was looking for you. I can't believe you had vodka shots and then left all on your own like that. London..." he trailed off with a sigh. "Just think about the people that care about you before doing reckless things like that. You don't always get a knight in shining armor." 

"Knight in shining armor? Aren't you giving yourself a little too much credit?" I scoffed. 

He stared at me in disbelief before grabbing my free hand and starting to take me home. 

For once, even when I wanted to, I didn't say anything and let him hold my hand and guide me. I can't understand how the night turned into such a nightmare so fast, all because of some random guy who didn't even belong to Runville. What an asshole. 

"You scared me," he said as we reached our neighborhood. 

"What do you mean?" I asked softly. 

"I thought you were hurt really badly. I was about to lose my mind," he mumbled. 

"Sorry," I whispered. I felt him watching me but he didn't say anything even when we reached my house, he only gave my hand a squeeze before letting it go. He stood there, waiting till I walked in. I shut the door behind me, leaning against it and touching my head softly. It felt a little swollen. I walked to the kitchen, opening the freezer to get an ice pack. I saw him in his kitchen through the window before I left. He was waiting for me to take an ice pack and only left when he saw that I did. 

Am I being too hard on him? After everything he did for me tonight, maybe I should hear him out. At least.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 15

well... that was dramatic lmao

next chapter: care

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.7K 2.8K 74
"𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞?" Starting her junior year, Lia DeMarco's pred...
52K 903 68
'Strings' Series - Book 1 of 2! Complete! Sequel - Tied - is currently in progress and half-posted! A drunken one-night stand becomes a secret summer...
148K 7.8K 54
NOTE: I REVISED BEFORE YOU GO, SO THERE WILL BE SOME MISINFORMATION IN THIS ONE REGARDING LEON & ELIZA'S RELATIONSHIP. I WILL FIX IT SOON, THOUGH! *...
832K 19.3K 41
[Small Town / Second Chance] When Jennifer heads back to her hometown after ten years to celebrate her grandmother's 70th birthday, she knows she'll...