Surprise Package

By Dondena21

Mikey meets a special girl and she later moves. But one day, the family gets a special surprise from her that... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10

Part 6

10 0 0
By Dondena21

After two weeks of being there, Ophelia finally went into labor. She had gone through the pregnancy with no problems whatsoever, even though her baby was not a normal human baby.

The natural way was tried first, but it seemed the shell was just too big to pass through the pelvis. The two adult women had to do a c-section right in the apartment. They had all the right tools and sterile stuff. Ophelia was given an injection to numb her body, and the baby was delivered safely.

After the midwife cleaned out its airway, the baby began to cry.

The baby was a girl, but these humans knew nothing about turtles. She had green skin that reflected Mikey's, his hands and feet, and his shell and plastron. A tail too. She was an exact image of her father.

The baby was cleaned up, while Ophelia's mom took care of her daughter's stitches. Once that was done, the baby was given to her mother, all wrapped up in a soft towel.

Ophelia had thought that she wasn't a mother type of girl, but when she saw Mikey in the face of her baby, she couldn't have loved her more. She kissed her, and did try to feed her.

Despite being a turtle, this baby did have a sucking reflex. As much as her mom didn't want to her do it because it would be a way for Ophelia to be bonding with the baby, they didn't have any formula. Ophelia had put a finger in her mouth first, and she had sucked on it. So she ended up nursing her for her first meal.

Ophelia had been instructed during her pregnancy about breastfeeding. Since this baby was part human and had the sucking reflex, it was critical for her to receive the colostrum in Ophelia's milk. It would provide some antibodies and such.

The midwife said to keep the baby a few days, at least until Ophelia's colostrum turned to real milk, then they would switch to formula. The mom was disappointed that they couldn't get rid of the baby turtle right away, but it did make sense, because her daughter also needed to get some strength back before taking the baby elsewhere. At least the baby had been born at a good time of year, when it was warm outside.

Ophelia's mom had wanted to get rid of the baby soon after it was born, so her daughter wouldn't want to bond with it. The longer they kept her, the harder it would be for Ophelia to want to part with her. Ophelia's mommy outlook had changed now. One first look at that innocent cute, little turtle was too much. She wanted to keep her.

"No Ophelia. We agreed that as soon as you are strong enough, we are to track down these turtles, and Mikey, and give them this baby. It is for the greater good, Honey. You cannot give this young turtle a life like the one we gave you. It is better that others like it, raise it."

"But can't I be in my own daughter's life? At least visit her?" Ophelia asked. She wanted so much to be a part of her little girl's life.

"We'll talk about it with your father. We are staying here in New York until you get the stitches out, then we are going home. Before you have them out though, you should be strong enough to walk around again ,and try to find that friend of the turtles. April O'Neil, is it?" Her mom inquired.

"Yes."

Her mom began to track down April's address. She found it under the 2nd Time Around Antique Store. She wasn't going to call though, just wanted the address so they could deliver the baby to her.

-

Seven days after the baby was born, it was time to get the baby to April's place. Ophelia was still very sore, but she had to do it for the baby's own good. The baby was put into a special little basket that held her very well, and wasn't too heavy to carry. She was covered up with a blanket over the top to hide the looks.

Ophelia had also successfully moved the baby away from breastfeeding and now onto formula. Ophelia wanted very much to name her daughter Machala, a name that somewhat resembled Mikey's, as well as her's. A combo of their names.

Ophelia sat in the back seat of the rented car as her mom drove her to April's store and house. Her mom dropped her off in front of the store and let her out. "Are you sure you have the patience to sit out here, Mom?" Ophelia asked.

"Yes. Give the woman all the stuff needed to take care of the baby. The father and others can take it from there, once you have left." Her mom said.

"I love Machala so much, Mom."

"I told you not to name the baby."

"She does need a name."

"How do you know it's a girl?"

"I looked it up." Ophelia said.

"Whatever. Just get her out of here then." Her mom said. It was obvious that her mom wanted nothing further to do with this baby turtle. Ophelia hated her attitude towards her 'granddaughter.'

Ophelia got out of the car, only as her body would let her. She went around to the other side, and got the basket out of the side. April was watching from inside her shop. What was going on outside her shop?

Her mom got out of the car and held the door open for her. She still knew how Ophelia's stomach was still sore and had stitches. But that was as far as she went for service with the baby. Ophelia walked up to April's counter top and placed the basket on it.

"Hi, is there something I can do for you, young Lady?" April asked.

"Yes, Ms. O'Neil. Can you get in touch with Mikey? One of the ninja turtle friends of yours." Ophelia said.

"How did you know, Mikey?"

"I am a friend of his that had moved last year because my dad got a job in Nevada. I have a present here for Mikey. All the stuff needed is in the basket."

"You mean you were a friend to Mikey then? Look Miss, Mikey's been dead for over 2 months now."

"What?" Ophelia said real loud. It awoke the baby. She began to cry.

April was shocked to hear that sound. She instantly removed the blanket over the top of the basket. There, inside, was a baby turtle.

"I called her Machala. She is mine and Mikey's daughter. She looks exactly like him." Ophelia's eyes were starting to tear up at the news of Mikey's death. "What happened to Mikey?"

"He died of internal bleeding in his brain, after a fight with the Foot two months ago." April said sadly. "He never told us that he had impregnated a girl."

"He never knew. I didn't even know when I moved. I found out when I was 11 weeks along. I had been sick for a long time, and missing my female time of the month. My dad is a doctor, and the illness I had was going on for too long. He finally ran some blood tests on me, and found the cause. Mikey was the only boy and friend I had ever had. We were good friends for only 4 months."

"We laughed and joked, drew comics, watched TV, and ate together on nights when my parents weren't home, so they never knew of him. I never told them about Mikey until they had to find out who the father was. They never told anybody about him. My midwife was the only other person to know, since I had to have prenatal care too. She is very healthy for a baby mutant turtle."

"She is only a week old, April. She is on that formula. Take care of her. My parents wouldn't let me keep her as much as I love her. I loved Mikey too. We never forced each other. We had told each other that we loved each other, and it just happened. Machala was the result of our short, but loving, relationship. I have to go now. Again, take care of her."

"Wait, what is your name?" April called after the girl, but she was already out the door and got into the car, and her mom pulled out.

--

April came back and to the counter and looked down into the basket again at the little turtle. It looked a lot like Mikey alright. She was the image of him. April picked up the cooing baby in her arms and held her. She rocked her. "Machala, huh? That's a good name for you." The red head smiled down at her. Good thing there wasn't anyone else in the store right now.

With this new arrival, April instantly closed the shop, and took the basket upstairs to her apartment. Then she called the guys. It was the middle of the day right now. The guys would more than likely be sleeping since they were more active at night most of the time.

She got Don on the phone first. "Hi April. What's up?" He asked.

"Donny, you and the others should get over here right away. There is a little surprise waiting here for you, and you won't believe what it is." April said.

"What is it?" Don asked, concerned.

"It has something to do with Mikey."

"Mikey?"

"I'll explain more when you get over here, Don." She said and hung up.

Don had no idea what was wrong, but when it had something to do with Mikey, it had perked him up alright. He had been in his lab and not sleeping anyway. He went and got Leo and Raph up. "Guys. Leo, Raph, we need to get to April's right away!" Don shouted at them.

"What is it, Donny?" Leo asked.

"I don't know. She just called and said that there was a present for us over at her place that has something to do with Mikey!"

"Mikey?!" They both yelled.

"Mikey is dead, Don."

"I know Leo, but April said to come and see it."

Leo and Raph were trying to move on. They didn't want to stay stuck in the past. They had already sought out revenge on the Foot goons for killing their brother. Now wasn't the time to go stirring up more trouble.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 676 25
(Thought I'd try a description) Raphael accidentally hurts his baby brother, causing Mikey to leave the lair in a fit of anger only to be captured by...
57 0 8
Set in the time of the fourth season, when Leo was having a hard time with his temper. What if he had a girlfriend even before the defeat of the Shre...
17.3K 165 12
where a teenage couple don't use protection and end up with a daughter, "My little princess gave birth to a baby princess" "our unexpected secret"
210K 8.5K 24
When 17 year old Chanel comes home to find her her house burnt to the ground and her family nowhere to be found,she knows the worst has happen...