Secret Ssundee

By Mollinia

Ian was born with his eyes shut, and could not get them open. This was for the best, as open eyes brought a b... More

Intro
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 (Finale)

Chapter 12

1.7K 53 57
By Mollinia

Ty's POV now, Flashback over, normal time, you get wut I mean.

"Where did they go?!" Yelled a rather frustrated Mitch, with Jerome at his side. Those two had been raiding the house for Ian and Seto for almost a half hour now, but there is still no trace of them anywhere. We know for a fact that they aren't in the basement. Jason, Adam, and Quentin had checked down there earlier, but there was no trace of them, though there were some very small specks of blood on the carpet. Quentin, who knows quite a lot about animals (especially fish and amphibians) told us that the blood is fresh, and couldn't be more than a couple hours old.

Adam, on the other hand, is a wreck. He almost had to take off his amulet! For those who don't know, almost everyone in this group has some epic secret. I have a good guess for Mitch and Jerome, but the secret I'm guessing has nothing to do with magic or curses. Let's just say that I believe in Merome. Anyway back to Adam. His secret is probably the biggest.

3rd person view flashback narrator

Adam was born a normal boy, with a normal life. He loved many things, especially his golden amulet with a purple jewel in the middle, and was kind to all who would be kind to him. There seemed to be no hatred in his milky chocolate brown eyes, and he never had any greed, until one day something terrible happened. Whenever his family went to an aquarium, Adam would be entranced by the beauty of the creatures of the ocean. To be more precise, he like to stare at the giant squid in the middle tank, near the sharks. On the day that Adam turned 10, his beloved parents decided to take him scuba diving in a squid pond, just outside of LA. It was amazing. They swam around the squids, Adam was having the time of his life, until he heard something behind him. It sounded like a distant scream. He whipped his head around to see what was going on, but it was too late. The squids were attacking his parents. Adam swam as fast as he could towards them, screaming, trying to help, but the squids kept pulling his parents away. Further, deeper, until they were lost in the darkness of the lakes depths. Even when he couldn't see his beloved parents, Adam kept yelling and swimming, calling for his loved ones until his voice started to fade, and the water pressure was crushing him. Using his last breath, he whimpered the names of his parents as he fainted, many meters under the surface. He dreamed of his now gone parents, where the sun was his mother, the moon was his father, and he was their sky. It was the dream he'd never forget. Ever.

The now orphaned boy awoke 2 weeks later in hospital, with many machines attached to him. Adam was scared, but more than that he was miserable. It only took him a couple seconds to remember what had happened. He cried and cried, but nobody came to his aid. He was alone.

Once the flow of tears slowed, he tried to call for help, to tell people he was here, to ask what had happened while he slept, but he couldn't. His voice was... gone. That just added to the sorrow. Adam clutched the golden amulet around his neck with his shaking hands and cried until his mind was numb.

A month later, Adam had been adopted by a kind couple who would send him to a nice school. It wasn't just any school, but a school for the disabled. Some kids were blind (one even missing an eye), some were completely deaf, some kids were terrified by everything, some kids had missing arms and legs, and some kids, like Adam, were mute. Well, Adam was only a temporary mute, as his silence was caused by trauma and over use. 

On the first day at his new school, Adam was bullied. Every day he would be pushed around, joked about, all that jazz. There was one person that was always there for Adam, one person who would always be at his side, ready to help. The boy was extremely clever, extremely loyal, and had an incredible gift for drawing, but never told why he couldn't speak. He went by the name of Sub. 

Soon Adam and Sub were the best of friends. Though they never once spoke, they could still speak each others language. They were happy, and neither was ever alone, but no good thing can last. Within 2 years, Adams voice returned, and he was elated, until he realised what it meant. It was too late. He tried to pretend his voice was gone, but his adopted parents had already heard him. The school, Sub, and his entire world was torn away from him before he got the chance to say a second word. Alone, again.

It was around this time that Adam found a video game to loose himself in, called Minecraft. He would go onto multiplayer servers and play games, meeting new friends, but none could replace Sub. Depression began to haunt Adams mind, but he kept with gaming to block it out, and it would work. There was one thing in Minecraft that Adam loved, but not for the reason that you'd expect. In Minecraft, gold is pretty much useless and unwanted. It's worse than iron, and harder to find, so why bother using it, ever? Adam felt like he related to the ore, both thinking they were useless and unwanted, and wanting to have some use in the world. Gold was also the main material in his beloved amulet. Eventually Adam became obsessed with gold, but there was still a difference. Adam was a fun guy, but the word 'gold' sounded too serious, so he gave it a new name, a happier, more useful name. Butter. It even looked like it! He loved it so much, that every night he would hold his precious amulet and make a wish, the same wish.

I wish I could bring the happiness of gold to the world with nothing more than my touch.

He always meant well with the wish, but it soon turned into a wish of greed and anger, wanting to be rich, wanting to silence the ones who would taunt him. Years past, and he would still make this wish. Eventually his wish came true, but as a curse.

Adam woke up cold and petrified, wondering what had happened. Looking around, he saw that his sheets had turned to gold. Blinded by excitement, Adam ran down stairs as fast as he could without thinking to put on gloves. He began touching random objects and watched them slowly fade into pure gold. He stared at his reflection in the gold, mesmerised by it's beauty, but he saw something he didn't expect. A glint of gold in his own reflection. Confused, he entered the bathroom, not noticing that he had accidentally turned the door knob to gold. With just a glance at the mirror, he saw what had happened to him. His eyes had turned from a chocolaty brown colour, to a gorgeous shade of pure, swirling gold. I must be dreaming. He thought, trying to convince himself that this wasn't really happening. In movies, people pinch themselves, so he tried that, but he didn't wake up. Now scared, he ran into his parents room. Sure, he was almost 16, but this was an emergency that was waayyyy out of his field of knowledge.

"Mom, Dad!" He yelled, shaking his sleeping mothers shoulder, but by the time he relised what he had done, it was too late. Adam was powerless to the gold colour slowly covering his adopted mother. At least it's painless. Adam thought while on the verge of tears, trying to calm himself and bring the horrible thing he'd just done out of proportion. Little did he know just how wrong he was. His mother woke up screaming, but soon began to cough up blood. She was in agony. The pain was unbearable, and there was nothing anyone could do.

If you are by any chance wondering how it feels, let me give you something to imagine. Picture the gold starting at your feet. It would shatter every bone in your body, but slowly so that the bone fragments would have time to sink into your muscles. It would also give you the sensation of someone tearing off your skin, then pouring flaming acid onto the freshly revealed muscle immediately after. As for the face, your eyes would be scooped out, ears sliced of, teeth cut out while your mouth is being sewn shut. Let's just say the entire experience is rather... ouchy...

The only thing that could ever hurt more than that, is the guilt of having caused that pain to someone you loved more than life itself, and it's entirely your fault.

Adam became depressed, extremely depressed, suicidal even. He had attempted it many times, but it would never work. Though he wore special gloves, every blade he would hold, every noose he would make, and every ledge he would see would all become... unsuicidable, if that's even a word. It would seem that the amulet would curse anything he tried to use to end his life. It would even feed and hydrate him. Worst of all, he couldn't take it off, as every time he would lay a finger on it, instead of turning to gold, it would remind him of everything he had ever turned to gold, mainly his mother. It was a gift turned curse, an angel gone corrupt.

Eventually he dug a hole out of depression, and found some friends, one of them he later discovered was a sorcerer. Adam reluctantly told the sorcerer his story, and he helped him. The sorcerer, Seto, enchanted the cursed amulet so that as long as it was worn, the curse would be at bay, and his golden touch would be tamed. Adam was very thankful for his friends generousity, and decide he owed his life to him. Of course, after a couple years of living with your best friends, some of them would discover his secret. Both Ty, Jason, and Sub found out, but out of all his friends, he was happy it was his 3 besties who found him out. They all understood and promised to help him the best they could.

Years past and life was going great, until Adam brought a new man into his home. The new man, Ian, seemed normal, until it was discovered that he may be working with the government to find some Aether Jewel. Aether means Heaven or Sky. Sky's Jewel, the one in the Amulet. The government was coming for him. Adam decided he had to run. What else could he do? Sure, he had friends who would always be there by his side, but what's a group of geeks against the CIA or whatever. Tomorrow he would disappear.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 1.1K 28
"Ian, what's happened to you?..." SSundee laughed and it sounded hoarse and strangled. "I am who I am Sky. You always denied it, but I always knew th...
25.5K 1.7K 46
*sequel to Remind Me* After losing his memory (and then regaining it) (and then losing it again) (and then getting it back one more time), Sky can't...
79.1K 2.1K 35
This is not just a normal Team Crafted hybrid story. It starts like any other day, but something happens that changes some things about what the Team...
14.1K 579 26
Completed! :D Team Crafted decides to go on a vacation in the Rocky Mountains. While spending the week in a hostile, they learn that a serial killer...