Only Human [Sonic Universe x...

Por ShallotStudioz

After a crazy accident happens in your world, you somehow wind up in a world full of sentient, anthropomorphi... Más

Where Am I?
Freedom Fighters Archives: [Y/N] [L/N]
New Home To Protect
Freedom Fighter Archives: Daniel Rydenger
Mammoth Mogul and Ixis Naugus
Meeting The Egghead At Last
Meet Your Anti! Fiona Shares Her Past and Scourge Returns!
Freedom Fighters Archives: [Y/N] "Anarchy" [L/N]
ADAM's Revolt!
The End of ADAM
Family Reunions
Who I Am
Truth Of The Heart
Memories
Pure Chaos! (Part 1: The Eggman Empire)
Pure Chaos! (Part 2: Y/n Unleashed!)
The FFs Strike Back!
New Future, New Problems
Special Chapter-Anarchy: Origins (Part 1)
House of Cards (Part 2)
War Preparations
Enerjak: Reborn! (Part 1)
Enerjak: Reborn! (Part 2)
Enerjak: Reborn! (Part 3)
Enerjak: Reborn! (Finale Part)
Lost Evil (Part 1: Returning Chaos)
Lost Evil (Part 2: The Destroyer)
Lost Evil (Part 3: The Return of Nazo)
Lost Evil (Final Part: The Power of a Simple Kiss)
Mogul Rising (Part 1: Needful Things)
Mogul Rising (Part 2: Devil's Due)
Innocent or Guilty?
Mister Popular
Special Chapter-Anarchy: Origins (Part 2)
A Bold New Moebius (Part 1: Unwelcome Guests!)
A Bold New Moebius (Part 2: Duality)
Metal and Mettle (Part 1)
Metal and Mettle (Part 2)
Otherside (Part 1: How The Other Half Lives)
Otherside (Part 2: Worlds Cross Conflict)
Hedgehog Havoc (Part 1: Battle on Moebius)
Hedgehog Havoc (Part 2: The Big Finale)
Only Human: Epilogue

House of Cards (Part 1)

2.2K 46 15
Por ShallotStudioz

Fair warning, the House of Cards Arc probably won't have a lot of Y/n in it. It will mainly focus on the whole "Sonic vs. Tails" and the "civil war" thing that could be brewing.

This may be a male reader story, but I wanted to keep with the canon story of the comics. Plus, this adds plot and drama to the story which I love when a story does that. Plus, the MC doesn't have to show up all the time.

Anyways, enjoy!
_________________________________________

In a lab, Y/n is seen standing next to Rotor and Sally. Rotor was sitting down in a chair and typing away at a computer as, nearby, Y/n's Chaos Gem was held in a scanner of sorts.

"Thank you for letting me do this, Y/n," the wulrus tells Y/n as he types. "I was always curious about your gemstone, so this is a big opportunity for me."

"It's no problem, Rotor," Y/n, now in a new outfit, says and turns to the princess. "And thanks to you, too, Sally. This really helps me out."

"It's no problem at all, Y/n," Sally giggles. "Plus, this gives me more time to spend with you."

Y/n blushes a bit and turns away, making Sally giggle again.

"Alright! The scanning is all done," Rotor says. "Let's take a look, shall we?"

Hesitantly, Y/n and Sally nod at Rotor. The chipmunk leans in and looks at the screen as Y/n does the same.

"Okay, so we have some normal stuff here," Rotor says as reads off the data on the Chaos Gem. "The energy readings... the capabilities of it..."

Rotor goes on about the data the scanner got from Y/n's Chaos Gem, boring Y/n a bit before something catches his attention.

"Wait, there's something else there," Sally says.

"What? There is?" Rotor asks.

"Where?" Y/n asks.

"There," Sally points at a strand of weird, glitchy coding on the screen. "I've never seen that kind of code before. What is it?"

"Well, let's check it out," Rotor says, typing at the keyboard before the code is repaired and shows up on screen. "It looks like... an AI of sorts?"

"An AI?" Y/n and Sally questioned in unison.

"Yeah, which is really weird," Rotor states. "Something like this Chaos Gem shouldn't have an AI, especially one of this magnitude."

Y/n leans in further, listening closely to Rotor as he goes on about the "AI" inside the gem. However, when he placed his hand on the desk to hold himself up, a red energy sparks shoots from the tech and connects with Y/n's hand.

"LET! ME! OUT!"

Y/n, after hearing the voice, gets flung back by an unknown force and crashes into a wall.

"Y/n!"

Sally and Rotor run over to Y/n and help him back up to his feet. The human shakes his head and blinks a few times, his eyes green momentarily before returning back to their normal (E/C) color.

"You okay, Y/n?" Rotor asks the human.

"What happened?" Sally asks after.

"I-I don't know. It was... weird," Y/n states. "But... whatever it was... that thing needs to be locked up."

Y/n looks at the Chaos Gem, the human feeling as if it was staring at him.

"Why? If it's another AI of sorts, then maybe we can--" Y/n cuts Rotor off.

"No!" he yells. "That thing cannot be let out!"

Both Rotor and Sally take a step back from Y/n's outburst, looking at each other before turning back to Y/n.

"Alright, we'll lock it up," Sally says. "I'll signal someone to come pick it up and put it somewhere safe. Presumably the vault."

"Thank you, Sal," Y/n smiles at the princess. "And sorry for my outburst. That thing just... really scared me."

"It's fine, Y/n," Rotor says. "If we saw what you did, we may have done the same thing."

Y/n smiles at his friends before his communicator starts ringing. He takes it out to see that Nicole was calling him. He answers.

"Yo."

"Y/n, may I have the princess' and yours presence at Sonic's home?" the AI asks the human. "I have something to tell you all, along with the Prowers."

"We'll be right there, Nicole," Sally tells the AI.

"We'll be there as fast as we can," Y/n says and hangs up, looking up at Sally. "Well, shall we go?"

"We shall."

The two then walked off, bidding Rotor goodbye as they leave the lab. As the human and chipmunk walk towards Sonic's home, Sally looks at Y/n and his new outfit. He wore the jeans he's been wearing since the second day he arrived at Knothole, along with his iron-soled shoes. However, he wore a new (F/C) jacket with a Chaos Emerald designed on the back of it, the jacket almost completely zipped up but still showed his new shirt underneath, which Sally could only assume to be a tank top of sorts. Y/n catches the princess starring at him, making him blush.

"So, uh, whatcha looking at?" he asks, flustered.

"Oh, just you," Sally says. "You're new outfit is nice."

"Th-thanks, Sal," Y/n blushes and sees that Sally was still wearing his Energy Rings. "I s-see you still have my Energy Rings."

"You want them back?"

"N-no, it's fine. You can keep them," Y/n says shyly. "They look good on you."

Sally smirks at Y/n who looks away shyly, making her roll her eyes as the pair make their way to Sonic's home.

Timeskip

"This way to Castle Acorn!" a video of Adameus shouts, a giant mob behind Tails' father. "The king will hear our voices! And we will have our freedom!"

The video pauses on Adameus' face, Y/n, Sonic, Sally, Rosemary, and Tails all looking in shock as Nicole speaks.

"This was outside the Civic Center not long ago," the AI says. "I'm sorry, Tails, Mrs. Prower. I wanted you to hear it from me first."

"This is very concerning," Sally says. "What was Adameus trying to do?"

"Overthrow Elias, from what it looks like," Y/n says, his mind still a bit on his Chaos Gem.

"But why would Dad do this now?" Tails asks himself as he messes with his twin-tails.

"We thought the time was right, Tails," Rosemary tells her son. "We're safe from Dr. Eggman here, so now would be the best time for change."

"Yeah, but you don't get that with an angry mob," Sonic says. "Seriously, I thought this guy was a politician."

Y/n smacks Sonic upside the head, making Sonic turn to him and start questioning the human while Tails just glares at the Blue Blur.

"Let's go outside, my love," Rosemary tells a tearing up Tails, the mother and son walking outside. "A bit of air will help us both."

Sonic turns his attention from Y/n and to his best friend, questioning why they left so suddenly and why Tails was crying. Then he looks around the room, seeing Y/n, Nicole, and Sally all starring at him.

"What?"

"Sonic... keep in mind that Adameus is Tails' father," Nicole tells the hedgehog.

"I get that, but it was still a dumb move," Sonic says. "Tails risked a lot to save his folks, and now his dad pulls this stunt?"

"I know you're concerned about Tails, but I get the feeling things have been tense between you," the AI says.

"She has a point," Y/n agrees. "Ever since we got his parents back, the two of you have been weird."

"I agree," Sally says. "It's becoming a bit of a problem."

"Guys, we're practically brothers!" Sonic begins to make his way outside. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to see Knuckles before he heads out!"

Sonic dashes away, passing right by Rosemary and Taiks who look at him, unimpressed. Back inside, Y/n sighs as he looks over at Nicole.

"I'll try to talk to him and Tails later, Nicole," the human tells the AI. "But... I don't think the time is right, just yet."

"Thank you, Y/n," Nicole tells Y/n with a smile.

Y/n nods at the AI before Sally steps in.

"Now, if you would excuse us, Nicole, me and Y/n actually had something planned today," she says.

"We do?" Y/n asks, confused.

"Yes, we do," Sally says aggressively, grabbing Y/n's arm.

"U-uh, right. We do," Y/n says nervously. "See ya around, Nicole."

With a raised brow, Nicole watches Y/n and Sally leave the house. Outside, Y/n and Sally walk down a path as Y/n still looked a bit frightened.

"S-so... what was that about?" Y/n asks.

"Well, I wanted to spend some quality time with you, so that was the fastest way I could think of doing it," Sally admits before smiling at her human friend. "Have I ever shown you my favorite childhood spot in all of Mobotropolis?"

"No, I don't think you have," Y/n says.

"Then let me show you!"

With an excited smile, Sally grabs Y/n's arm and pulls him along as she runs back towards her castle. Y/n laughs a bit as he tries his best to keep up with the princess' pace.

Timeskip...

After some running, Sally had finally dragged Y/n to her castle. He was brought to a tall tower, Sally spinning around on the floor of it as Y/n smiled.

"So, what's this place?" he asked.

"I used to love this place as a child, and just come up here to escape being a princess," Sally says, looking at Y/n. "Here, I could pretend to be anything I wanted to be."

"This must be a special place for you, then," Y/n says. "Why show me this?"

"Well, I trust you, and you're my friend," Sally says. "Plus, I know you've been going through some things since... Bunnie and Antoine's wedding. I was hoping that, if you needed to, you can come up to escape it all."

Y/h smiles gratefully at the chipmunk princess as he walks up to her.

"I really appreciate that, Sally," he says and hugs his friend. "Thank you."

"It's no problem at all, Y/n," Sally smiles as she hugs back. "Anything for you."

Y/n and Sally hug for a few more moments before they part. Y/n then walked up to the railing of the tower and leaned over it, admiring the view.

"Well, this has one helluva view, huh?" Y/n says to Sally.

"Yeah..." Sally says as she walks up next to Y/n. "It is."

She watches the view with her human friend, her hand slowly reaching towards Y/n. She then wraps her pinkie finger around Y/n's pinkie finger, making the human glance over to their hands and then up at Sally. He smiles before using his entire hand to hold Sally's, the princess smiling at this as the two continue to have at the land beyond them.

Nighttime...

That night at New Mobotropolis' prison, two darkened figures are seen flying down in front of it. They land on the ground, going unnoticed as the smaller figure runs over to a control panel next to the entrance door. He begins to tinker and mess with it to hack into the system. However, the door opens to reveal an upset Nicole.

"I recommend not breaking into this facility. Otherwise, I will have to--" Nicole stops as her eyes widen in shock. "You?!"

The smaller figure pulls out some wires, making Nicole's physical form vanish almost immediately.

Inside the prison, Mammoth Mogul is seen in his cell as he read one of his many books.

"You have a remarkable boy, Amadeus," the mammoth tells Tails' father. "Such power and potential inside him."

Adameus himself is seen lying down in his own cell as Mogul continues.

"Did you know his power sustained me for months on one point? The Chosen One indeed!" Mogul exclaims. "You must be proud of what he has already accomplished."

"I am," Amadeus tells Mogul.

"You can add aiding and abetting to the list," one of the prisoners say.

Amadeus, confused, sits up and turns around to see his son and wife standing outside his cell.

"Rosemary?! Tails?!"

"We're here to get you out," Rosemary tells her husband.

"You leave my dad alone!" Tails yells at the prisoner that spoke.

"If we act quickly, we might be able to stave off civil war," Rosemary tells Amadeus.

"War?" Adameus questions.

"Our protest may have gotten a bit heated, but the king overreacted. Tensions are high," Tails messes with his father's cell's control panel as his mother and father talk. "We have to act now for stability's sake."

"I won't have you imprisoned as well."

"Why not? We're deep enough already as it is," Tails says s he messes with his dad's cell's wiring. "Don't worry, Dad. I'll protect us."

Meanwhile...

In Sonic's home, Sonic himself is seen sleeping in his red race car bed with his shoes at his bedside.

"Sonic!"

Sonic cries out in shock as he jumps in his bed, jumping awake as Nicole appears out of nowhere.

"Look, I know you can be anywhere in the city, but can you knock next time?" Sonic asks the AI as he turns on a nearby lamp.

"I'm sorry, Sonic. I'm still adjusting to a corporeal life," Nicole apologizes.

"It's cool," Sonic yawns. "What's up? Besides me, now."

"There's been a breach at the detention center," Nicole informs Sonic. "They're trying to break out General Prower."

Immediately, Sonic leaps from his bed and gets on his shoes. He then almost dashes away completely as Nicole tries to stop him.

"Wait! You don't know who's doing it!"

Detention Center...

Adameus, who was now out of his cell, is now hugging his wife with a smile on his face.

"You shouldn't have done this," he tells Rosemary and Tails. "Thank you."

"I wrote that speech that got you in here," Rosemary tells her husband. "It's only right that I get you out. And then there's the small matter of me loving you."

"Nothibg small about that," Adameus tells Rosemary.

"Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Hey! Listen!" everyone turns to Bean. "Hey! Listen! I got one! What's blue and fuzzy and runny?"

"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Prower."

Everyoke then turns to see...

"Sonic The Hedgehog," Adameus growls.

"I was gonna say "cheese", but that works too," Bean says.

"You won't have him again!" Rosemary gets in front of Amadeus. "He's done nothing wrong."

"He started a riot against the king, ma'am," Sonic states. "That kinda counts as treason."

"And the people side with him," Rosemary states. "Doesnt that tell you something?"

"It tells me that a lot of people agree with him. But it's the wrong way to go about it," the Blue Blur states, not noticing Tails peeking out from a vent above. "And breaking him out of jail isn't going to help."

"Then what about Tails?" Rosemary questions. "Can you stand him knowing you helped keep his father in jail?"

Sonic only laughs a bit as he responds.

"I know you're his real family, but the kid grew up with me. Heck, the kid worships me," Sonic says, not noticing Tails charging at him from behind. "He'll get over it."

"GET OVER YOURSELF!"

Without any time to react, Sonic gets punched in the back of his head as Tails sends him flying across the room.

"I'll keep him busy!" Tails tells his parents. "You guys go!"

"Absolutely not!" Rosemary says. "I won't leave you to fend for yourself when--"

"Giving us our one chance!" Adameus pulls his wife along with him. "Move, Rosemary!"

Adameus pulls Rosemary outside with him.

"Amadeus Prower! How can you--?!"

"Our son has spent his life fighting Dr. Eggman and some villains that would have crushed my troops in the past," Tails' father says. "He's more than capable. We'll only be in his way. Now move."

As Amadeus and Rosemary finally make their escape, Sonic rubs his head in pain as he stands up to face Tails.

"Okay... it's your dad, so I can let that one slide," Sonic tells Tails. "But you really need to move, Tails."

"No. Never. Never again, Sonic," Tails glares at Sonic.

Sonic just rolls his eyes and tries to move past Tails, but is immediately sent flying back from another punch and crashes against a cell door.

"Good one, kid!" the prisoner inside praises the fox. "Do it again!"

Sonic growls as he stands back up to his feet.

"Last chance, furball!" Sonic says. "Cut it out!"

"You had this coming, you jerk!" Tails says with his fists raised. "Now put 'em up!"

Mammoth Mogul laughs at Sonic.

"Which shall it be, wretch?" he asks Sonic. "The Great Hero defeated by a pup, or the Great Hero who beats up children?"

"You're not helping!"

Sonic looks back over at Tails, finally making up his mind.

"Fine!" he runs over to Tails who charges as well. "You want a pounding? You'll get a pounding!"
_________________________________________

Sonic verus Tails?! Who would've thought?! What will happen between the two former friends? And what is this mysterious "AI" in the Chaos Gem? Wanna find out? Next time, on Only Human!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

23.2K 836 20
*Gender Neutral Modern Reader* ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ "You don't need to do anything special to become amazing, You are already amazing, Trust me." You're...
157K 3.9K 55
After your defeat, sonic decided to spare you.You became something of a anti-hero like shadow and help them on their adventures.The mad doctor now ha...
736K 17.7K 158
A collection of short one shots telling of tales about the dashing boys of Mobias and you! (Weekly updates)
62K 1.9K 37
So... IDK what this is but its something. I love this fox boy and decided to create this. Its more of a passion project if anything but I hope whoeve...