Leaving my love behind

By Greys_anatomy_22

This takes place when Derek chooses Addison over Meredith. Meredith is heartbroken and feels she can't stay i... More

Chapter One
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Author's note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 31

389 12 3
By Greys_anatomy_22

Derek's POV:

"Derek, can we talk I need to explain myself."

I know that voice and it belongs to the one and only Mark Sloan, the man who had an affair with my then-wife, the man who went along with making me believe I was going to become a father. Mark Sloan in flesh and blood.

"Mark what is there you could possibly say, that will explain what you and Addison both did to me?"

"Derek, I know I don't deserve your forgiveness-"

Damn right you don't

"But I miss my best friend, Addison she said some things and did some things after she came back visiting you all and now I'm all alone and well I miss my best friend."

"Mark, listen whatever Addison said or did I'm sure you would be able to get over it."

"She-she slept with another man, and left and took our kid with her, I- I don't know where they are Derek. Please, I am so so sorry but you have Meredith and the girls now so please I am so sorry for everything."

Mark is clearly close to breaking point and in need of some comfort but I'm not sure if I'm ready to be the one who gives it.

"Listen, Mark, as much as I want to be the one to help you. I'm not sure if I am ready to be best buds again, but I do hope you hear from Addison soon and get to see-"

"Lily."

"Get to see Lily again, I have to go and do my surgery but I'm sure I'll see you around sometime."

//

Meredith's POV:

I can hear footsteps entering my room and I instantly know that they don't belong to Derek's nor Bailey's and once again I begin to panic. 

Alarms blaring.

Heart rate increasing.

I can feel a panic attack starting.

"Meredith, wake up, wake up it's me, Richard."

No he's lying it's not Richard, it's the attacker he's back it's not Richard.

It's not Richard. 

You are not in the hospital, you are in the alleyway. 

This is not Richard.

Bailey- "Richard! What the hell did you do?! Someone get me some sedative! We need to sedate Meredith Grey!"

And just like that everything went pitch black.

Richard's POV:

I don't understand what happened, all I was doing was standing in her room waiting for her to wake up. I was letting her know that her mother has been asking about her, and her heart rate spiked and we had to sedate her.

"Bailey, I don't understand what happened, she was asleep. I swear she was asleep."

B-"Richard, we have strict rules in place regarding Meredith, only certain people can go in while she is asleep and unless she is conscious and has given you permission to enter her room, you can't go in. We are sending her up to psych once her jaw is fixed for a consult, there is a high chance she has PTSD which would explain why she freaked out while you were in her room."

"But she was asleep."

B-"Maybe, maybe not she could have been in a light sleep, which would mean she could have heard your steps and began to convince herself that you weren't who you said you were."

"Right that makes sense, should someone inform Derek? And Ellis?"

"Yes I will go inform Derek, and why should we inform Ellis? That woman is a bitch to Meredith and in general."

"Well-"

The truth is I in fact have no clue why we should inform Ellis besides the fact that she is her mother, but she isn't her mother not really not the mother Meredith needed growing up and needs.

"Well, she has been asking about Meredith."

"If Ellis wants to know about Meredith's condition she can drive her arse down here and find out herself, you are not the messenger we have surgeries to do and patients to look after."

//

Bailey's POV:

Richard Webber may be chief of surgery but he sure can be a damn fool here and there. He has seemed to forget some minor details that he is in fact married to Adele, and not on Meredith Grey's case there for not having the right to inform Ellis Grey about Meredith's condition when she can't be bothered to make it down the 10-minute drive to see for herself.

I make my way down to the neurosurgical board to see when and where Derek's surgery is, and I am hoping he isn't in one because I don't want to tell him we had to sedate Meredith while he is standing in front of an exposed brain. 

"Damn it."

He's in O.R 4, great just great.

....

I make my way down to O.R 4 and push the doors open, all eyes now on me, the resident.

"Doctor Bailey, can I help you?"

"Uh, yes kind of how long until you are finished up here Doctor. Shepherd?"

"About 2 hours why Doctor. Bailey?"

"It- it can wait."

Derek's POV:

I am halfway through the surgery, when the doors open to reveal Miranda Bailey, she looks worried, flustered, lost for words. She must be here for a reason.

"It- it can wait."

"Only if you're sure Bailey, I mean if it's important tell me now."

"No- no it can wait just page me once you're done. Sorry for interrupting Doctor, Shepherd."

"It's no problem at all Dr.Bailey."

I must admit that was a bit odd of Bailey and that's saying something, she normally always keeps a straight face showing little emotion keeping it to herself when needed, but when she came in all you could see is emotion and I can't help but wonder what she really came into say. And if it had something to do with Meredith.

Richard's POV:

*on phone call*

"Ellis, listen to me, right now Meredith needs her mother. She needs you to be here for her, for her kids and you are nowhere to be seen and you live 10 damn minutes away. You need to get your act together and start acting and showing that you care for her. No one will be updating you on her condition until you start making an effort with her. Do I make myself clear Ellis?"

"Richard! How dare you speak to me like that! I am busy I have work all day every day, Meredith should understand that by now she is a surgeon too! You have no right Richard NO RIGHT AT ALL!"

"ELLIS! Cut the crap, you and I both know that Mercy west isn't near as busy as Seattle Grace and we both know that Meredith is well aware of the hours you work, she has been since she could talk. Now stop being a bitch and start acting like a mother instead of a doctor."

"Richard! You can't talk to me like this not after everything you have put me through!"

"Ellis, this is your daughter we are talking about whether  you like it or not she needs you and once you admit it to your self you need her too."

*End of phone call*

So hi everyone! I have no clue if this chapter made any sense it was kind of all over the place with different things happening but I hope it kind of made sense etc.

Thank you so so so much for nearly 10k reads like what the heck I can't believe it like WOAH!

I hope you liked this chapter despite how messy it is and don't forget to like and comment and thank you GreySherperd for the idea about Ellis I have already started with expanding on it so THANK YOU!

Have a great day

-Cerys

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 510 37
Meredith is learning to cope with Derek's tragic death but it was still yet to sink in. Meredith left out of the blue and everyone is worried about h...
40.7K 958 46
Single parent Meredith Grey from Seattle meets divorced parent Derek Shepherd from NYC. When a tragedy happens, Derek moves his children to Seattle...
82.6K 1.5K 125
You are Y/n Sloan, little sister of Mark Sloan. You are 26 years old and have been in the army helping out doctors as you wanted to help others after...
25K 765 38
Meredith Grey, double board certified surgeon in both neuro and general. She is a child prodigy and has been offered chief at Seattle Grace stealing...