Going forward and beyond {Pat...

De kurenohikari

Yes, I finally did it! A Pokemon fanfic of Ash getting serious after the Battle Frontier Arc and training be... Mai multe

I Ash's P.O.V.
I Professor Oak's P.O.V
I Pikachu's P.O.V
I Bulbasaur's P.O.V
I Jolteon's P.O.V
II Ash's P.O.V
I Dawn's P.O.V
I Paul's P.O.V
Tariner's Page: Ash Ketchum
III Ash's P.O.V
II Dawn's P.O.V
II Pikachu's P.O.V
III Dawn P.O.V
I Charizard's P.O.V
I Zoey's P.O.V
IV Ash's P.O.V
II Bulbasaur's P.O.V
V Ash's P.O.V
I Lance's P.O.V
II Charizard's P.O.V
II Paul's P.O.V
I Reggie's P.O.V
I Chimchar's P.O.V
IV Dawn's P.O.V
III Pikachu's P.O.V
I Max's P.O.V
II Professor Oak's P.O.V
I Johanna's P.O.V
I Pupitar's P.O.V
II Lance's P.O.V
II Zoey's P.O.V
IV Pikachu's P.O.V
I Josh's P.O.V
VI Ash's P.O.V
I Riley's P.O.V
VII Ash's P.O.V
V Pikachu's P.O.V
I Piplup's P.O.V
II Johanna's P.O.V
VI Pikachu's P.O.V
II Riley's P.O.V
I Gary's P.O.V
II Josh's P.O.V
II Piplup's P.O.V
VIII Ash's P.O.V
III Lance's P.O.V
III Paul's P.O.V
III Reggie's P.O.V
V Dawn's P.O.V
II Pupitar's P.O.V
III Zoey's P.O.V
IX Ash's P.O.V
I Wallace's P.O.V
VI Dawn's P.O.V
I Litten's P.O.V
IV Paul's P.O.V
VII Pikachu's P.O.V
II Joleton's P.O.V
I Professor Kukui's P.O.V
III Josh's P.O.V
II Max's P.O.V
I Gladion's P.O.V
II Gary's P.O.V
II Professor Kukui's P.O.V
II Torracat's P.O.V
IV Lance's P.O.V
X Ash's P.O.V
VII Dawn's P.O.V
IV Josh's P.O.V
III Riley's P.O.V
III Piplup's P.O.V
IV Zoey's P.O.V
VIII Pikachu's P.O.V
IV Riley's P.O.V
III Profesor Oak's P.O.V
VIII Dawn's P.O.V
XI Ash's P.O.V
IX Pikachu's P.O.V
III Jolteon's P.O.V
IV Reggie's P.O.V
IV Piplup's P.O.V
III Max's P.O.V
V Zoey's P.O.V
X Pikachu's P.O.V
III Johanna's P.O.V
III Gary's P.O.V
V Lance's P.O.V
V Reggie's P.O.V
XII Ash's P.O.V
III Torracat's P.O.V
IV Gary's P.O.V
III Bulbasaur's P.O.V
IX Dawn's P.O.V
II Wallace's P.O.V
V Gary's P.O.V
V Riley's P.O.V
XIII Ash's P.O.V
Trainer's Page: Ash Ketchum (Volume II)
Pokemon Teams
Book II!!!

II Reggie's P.O.V

2.9K 78 29
De kurenohikari

I found my brother on the training ground behind the Pokemon Center. That in itself was not a surprise. What did surprise me, was the fact that he was not training. He had Torterra out, but he was simply laying against a tree. It could have been the fact that the field was being used by Dawn and her coordinator friend. They seem to be training.

It is quite unfortunate that Dawn was not able to compete at the Hearthome City Contest, but it was only a couple of weeks since the attack. That was to be expected. Though Zoey did lose at the last stage against Nando, she seemed to be doing quite well. Though, I believe that had mostly to do with the fact that her friend is safe and sound, smiling even after everything that had happened to her.

Zoey and I got to Hearthome City on the same day, I was even there to witness the heartwrenching moment Zoey threw herself at Dawn and the bubbly coordinator broke into tears. The redhead had not left her side since then, they even slept on the same bed from what I've heard. The only they separated was for the contest. Dawn couldn't follow her to the Contest Hall, it was too much for her. She stayed with Ash and cheered for her from the Pokemon Center. I was invited by Riley to go and watch it with him, I quite enjoyed it. I might even turn into a contest fan.

Paul, as always, decided to stay back and train- he has no interest in contests or coordinators. Though, I noticed that he mellowed quite considerably around Dawn. Which was strange, she had the type of personality that he finds annoying the most and without the strength that Ash possesses to make it bearable to him.

"What's gotten into you?" I asked him gently, as I propped next to him.

"Did you finish your duties with the Head Ranger, Officer Jenny, Champion Chyntia, and Ash?" He replied instead.

Oh, yes, the reason why I was called into Hearthome City, even though I am a retired Ranger. It seems that they thought my experience would be efficient in this case, as something similar happened back home. The same event that turned me into a Ranger and a hero to my town. I was able to help out Gym Leader Fantina arm a surveillance team, that will work alongside the ranger department, the police department, and with her ghost pokemon that she'll leave in the gym while she's away. However, she'll need to stay in the city for a while and train them thoroughly.

Not that I am worried about her not following through. The guilt on her face, when she found out about what had happened so close to her city... I'll never forget. Not to mention, the scolding she got from Ash and the admonition from Champion Chyntia, she even wrote her up. It was even written up on her records at the Lily of the Valley Plateau.

"We did, everything is done... how did you know that Gym Leader Fantina did not join our meeting today?" I asked him, confused. Then, I realized why he was in such a bad mood. "You lost."

"Tch." He clicked his tongue, annoyance clear on his face.

"You've been breezing through your gym battles until now, it was about time you'd find a road-bump," I told him with a smile.

"I've been to Hoenn, Kanto and Johto. I've nailed all and every challenge eight. I've even faced another Ghost-type Gym Leader and won. How was someone as neglectful as Fantina able to defeat me?!" I growled under his breath, Torterra grumbling his agreement.

"Paul, I do not care what are your thoughts about Gym Leader Fantina, you are free to think what you wish, but she is still part of the Thirteen Pillars of Sinnoh and I will have you talk about her with the respect she deserves." I scolded my brother sternly, earning a surprised look from both of them, which later turned into a rare sheepish expression. When he murmured his apologies, I continued. "Look, Morty is a good Gym Leader, but he is young and still had a lot of growing to do. Fantina not only has she held her position as Gym Leader for fifteen years, but she has also reached the title of Top Coordinator on various occasions and has her brand of clothing, which has stores in various regions. Through her, Sinnoh has gained contacts and bonds with important figures all over the world. She is not neglectful, she simply has a lot on her plate. Yes, she should have placed a team in the city while she is gone, but she is only human and capable of committing mistakes. What matters is what she'll do next. From the looks of it, she is taking this as a learning experience."

"I did not know that," Paul said, stunned.

"Not many do. Coordinators only see her contests and are aware of her being a gym leader, but don't pay attention to it. Trainers only see a gym leader that it's never in her gym. Models and Pokemon Stylists, see an amazing designer that should take out more collections. Politicians see a social butterfly that should travel more and assist more of their parties. But at the end of the day, she is only one person, a human being who is incapable of being everywhere at the same time." I sighed. It never ceases to marvel at me how much she gets done. "When you fight her you need to keep in mind one important thing, she is not just a Gym Leader but a Top Coordinator too. She'll fight like one and use strategies that you've never even imagined." I suddenly remember something and turned towards my brother with a broad smile. "Why don't we follow the girls?" I nodded to the retreating coordinators. "Ash informed me before I left that he'll be having his battle with Fantina today."

Paul did not reply, but he did return Torterra and start walking. I laughed and shook my head, following closely behind. Dawn smiled at Paul and they soon started fighting, but I could see a certain tenderness in Paul's eyes. As if... as if he felt some kind of companionship with her. Before I could think about it in detail, we reached the gym. As expected it was packed by reporters on the outside and by fans on the inside. Luckily, for us, Ash had left his Galarian Slowking with Dawn and he used his magic. In a matter of minutes, we were in and settled next to Riley, who was kind enough to save us some seats.

As the referee stepped forward the crowd stopped making noise. But the anticipation was still heard and sensed. These were hardcore fans and they'll soon be able to see him fight in person. I, myself, was feeling restless. As I've heard stories about Ash's battles. That his energy is so contagious that even those who are not interesting in battling, end up having a blast watching him fight live.

"The battle between Ash, The Saint, and Fantina, the Gym Leader of Hearthome City, will now begin. Each trainer is only allowed three pokemon, and the battle will be over once all pokemon on one trainer's side have been defeated. Furthermore, only the challenger may substitute pokemon." The referee exclaimed.

"Gengar, battle position," Fantina called out her Gengar, who upon release launched a shadow ball and nightshade combo destroying the shadow ball and making purple sparkles rain down. The crowd applauded and gasped impressed, the girls were certainly enjoying it. "Beautiful Gengar, but this is a gym battle," Fantina said as Gengar sheepishly rubbed the back of his head before looking back at Ash.

"Noctowl, I choose you," Ash called out his shiny Noctowl- The crowd was going nuts over Ash's Noctowl.

"Oh, my, is that a shiny pokemon!" Zoey gasped surprised.

"Yes, it's Noctowl. He is a total galarian gentleman, even though he is from Johto." Dawn giggled.

"Oh ho ho. So that is the infamous shiny Noctowl that took down Morty." Fantina exclaimed.

"Wait, you've heard of my Noctowl?" Ash asked surprised, Noctowl looked just as surprised.

"Of course, Morty and I keep in contact. He once told me about your fantastique shiny Noctowl. When you started getting popular, Morty told me in advance that you may come to challenge my gym and that Noctowl might probably make an appearance." Fantina explained.

"I suppose it makes sense. You are both Ghost-type Gym Leaders." Ash responded.

"Ahem." The referee got both their attention.

"Oh right, Pardon me. Got caught up in the moment. Je suis pret Gengar?" Fantina asked. Gengar nodded and got himself in a battle position.

"Don't hold back Noctowl," Ash advised as Noctowl gave a battle shout.

"Battle begin!" The referee shouted.

"Gengar, Dark Pulse." Gengar fired off rings of dark energy directly at Noctowl.

"Counter it with Swift." Noctowl's wing's glowed briefly as they fired off a multitude of stars which were blocked and neutralized the dark pulse with an explosion. Noctowl flew through the explosion and was right in front of Gengar within seconds, surprising Gengar and Fantina.

"Such speed," Fantina commented.

"Use foresight." Noctowl released red energy that enveloped Gengar. It didn't hurt Gengar, but I straightened my posture realizing what he had intended to do with it and knew what was coming next. "Now Swift." Noctowl fired stars at Gengar at a close distance, sending him back a bit.

The crowd cheered and even Paul looked impressed by the sneaky strategy. Something that you would not normally expect from someone as honest and straightforward as Ash.

"Interessant," Fantina commented as Gengar shook off the attack. "Sludge Bomb." Gengar fired off a ball of sludge.

"Counter with Confusion." Noctowl fired off a blue beam from his eyebrow tufts which enveloped the Sludge Bomb, which then became outlined in a blue aura. Noctowl then sent the Sludge Bomb back at Gengar with added psychic damage, launching Gengar back. Gengar landed on his back but got back up.

"Are you bien Gengar?" Fantina asked. Gengar nodded.

"Shadow Ball." Noctowl fired a purple ball at Gengar.

"Reflect Type," Fantina ordered with a smirk.

"What?" Ash said in shock. Noctowl was also surprised.

Gengar looked directly at Noctowl, then glowed a periwinkle outlined by a gray aura. The Shadow Ball flew through Gengar and hit the wall behind him.

"What's Reflect Type?" Dawn asked Zoey.

Just then I felt a shiver run down my spine and by the looks of it, both girls felt it as well. We looked back to see a black-blue-haired man with glasses right behind us.

"Reflect Type changes the user's type to the type that the opponent has. In this case, Gengar changed from a Ghost/Poison-type to a Normal/Flying-type. But it seems as though Ash was prepared." The man explained.

"Who are? Where did you come from?" Dawn didn't know what to ask.

"My name is Conway. I am a person who prides himself on knowing almost everything about pokemon by heart. I also happen to be a fan of Ash's. As for where I came from, that is for me to know." Conway answered. Both girls' sweat dropped before turning back to the battle. I sneakily looked at Riley and Lucario, who slightly shook their heads. It seems that he is simply a weirdo but means no harm to the girls.

"Dazzling Gleam." Gengar radiated a pink and rainbow light and then tackled Noctowl, sending him back.

"You ok Noctowl?" Ash asked to which Noctowl nodded.

"Use dazzling gleam again," Fantina ordered. Gengar glowed and started charging at Noctowl. When Gengar got close ash gave his order. "Synchronise." Noctowl surrounded himself with a pink bubble and flapped his wings, making the ball expand and hit Gengar directly sending him back and knocking him out.

"Gengar is unable to battle, Noctowl wins." The referee judged.

"What is Synchronised? I never heard of that move," Dawn asked.

Zoey raised a finger to answer, to which Conway cut her off: "It is a powerful move that can only be used if, any of the user's types matches the opponent's. It often isn't used given that it is very situational and normally is ineffective as it is mostly learned by psychic pokemon. Fun fact, a fool had an Eevee that knew Synchronise and ended up evolving into Umbreon." Conway explained and Dawn put two and two together.

"Because Gengar changed its type, Noctowl could use Synchronise." Dawn assessed.

"Precisely. That was quite smart and unexpected. This is why I became a fan of Ash's, I enjoy watching Ash because you will never expect what he will come up with." Paul suddenly straightened up at Conway's words.

It seems that this was something we all share. Our love for Ash's surprising strategies.

"Gengar return," Fantina recalled her Gengar. "You were fantastique, take a good rest." Fantina turned to Ash. "I'll admit, I did not see that coming. It isn't often someone who counters Gengar's Reflect Type." Fantina complimented.

"Thanks, Fantina." Ash turned to Noctowl. "Take a break Noctowl," Ash recalled Noctowl.

"Mismagius, battle position," Fantina called for her second pokemon. Mismagius appeared and did a little twirl.

"Mightyena, let's go." Ash sent out his first Dark-type dog. Before the referee could announce the battle begin Mightyenna pounced on Ash and started licking him like a Lillipup. Ash first screamed in surprise and then started laughing. Pikachu was standing off to the side shaking his head again. Pikachu seemed to have been expecting this to happen, opting to sit on the ground.

The crowd is loving every moment of it. Not many people have seen such an affectionate Dark-type. Dawn, Zoey, and even Conway were trying their best to hold in a giggle because the whole thing was adorable and out of context. Riley and Lucario did not even attempt to hold back their laughter. Even Paul was sporting a small smile.

"Oh, my," Fantina said with a smile not expecting that, as Mismagius sweatdropped.

"Mightyenna, we are in the middle of a gym battle, we can play later," Ash said in between laughs. Mightyenna realized this and jumped off of Ash and turned towards her opponent. "Sorry, Fantina." Ash apologized for the interruption.

"It is perfectly fine. I love it when pokemon have their flair." Fantina responded.

"Let the battle begin!" The ref said as Mightyena charged at Mismagius cackling without hesitation.

"Crunch." Mightyena bit into Mismagius with glowing fangs shook her around and then tossed her. Mismagius reorientated herself and shook it off. Mightyena cackling while Mismagius recovered.

"Keep at a distance. Mystical Fire." Mismagius light a tendril on fire and made a heart out of the fire before shooting it at Mightyena.

"Counter with Snarl." Mightyena let out a bark and that sent out a few rings of dark energy which collided with the Mystical Fire and neutralized it. Then cackled again

"Play Rough." Mightyena grabbed Mismagius and started thrashing her on the floor before tossing her. Mismagius got up but barely. That's weird, this battle is too one-sided. What is Fantina planning? I thought to myself, as I watched the Gym Leader hid a smile. "Finish with Crunch. "Mightyena ran up to Mismagius with glowing fangs.

"Endure." Mismagius became encased by an orange glow as Mightyena bit into her.

I cursed understanding Fantina's plan, as Dawn asked: "Endure?"

"Think of it as a lifeline, it allows the user to stay in the battle but with only the smallest amount of energy left. Why would she do that instead of using protect?" Zoey asked before Conway could speak.

"You stole my line!" Conway accused.

Mightyena let go when the move failed to knock out Mismagius. "Pain Split."

"What?!" Ash yelled in shock as Mismagius tackled Mightyena. A beam of light erupted from Mightyena and into Mismagius.

"That's why Endure was used," Zoey said as she just figured out Fantina's strategy.

"What do you mean?" Dawn asked.

"Pain Split takes the combined damage from both pokemon and evens it out. Mightyena took no damage and Mismagius was on its last leg. they are about even now." Conway explained before Zoey as Mismagius healed itself and Mightyena started to feel a little drained.

"Finish it with Magical Leaf and Shock Wave." Mismagius made a heart out of glowing leaves and then zapped them, she then sent them onto Mightyena who was still recovering from the Pain Split. Mightyena only noticed them at the last second before the move exploded. Mightyena was sent back and landed in front of Ash out cold.

"Mightyena is unable to continue, Mismagius wins." The referee called. The crowd looked slightly dejected but still applauded anyway.

If I had not been worried for Ash, I would have laughed and found it endearing how even Paul looked dejected as he clenched his fists. It seems that I have a small growing The Sain fan.

"Mightyena." Ash went to check on her, a poke ball opened and Houndoom appeared to check on his mate. Mightyena woke up and sat up and looked at Ash apologetically. "You did your best, Pain Split was unexpected," Ash said as he pets Mightiena's head. "Take a rest," Ash recalled Mightyena.

"It seems Mightyena is a bit reckless. A fair tactic that has its advantages and disadvantages, just like any other strategy. But it worked in Mismagius's favor this time." I could not find any fault in Conway's assessment.

"Houndoom, ready to avenge your mate," Ash said as Houndoom got into position. As soon as he locked eyes with Mismagius he let out a dangerous growl.

"Let the battle begin!" The referee yelled.

"Magical Leaf and Shock Wave." Mismagius sent the combination that defeated Mightyena at Houndoom.

"Flamethrower." Houndoom let loose the fire attack which burned through the leaves and hit Mismagius.

"I gotta think. How do I defeat Mismagius if it will just use endure again..." Ash thought to himself, but as the crowd was so silent in anticipation, everyone was able to hear him. By the looks of it, an idea struck him soon afterward. "Houndoom, run underneath Mismagius and use Smog upwards." Houndoom ran underneath Mismagius and looked up and let loose a purple gas that enveloped Mismagius.

"What is he up to?" Fantina mumbled, the same as with Ash, we all were able to hear her.

"Inferno," Houndoom smirked as a ring of fire surrounded him.

"Quick use Endure." Mismagius became enveloped by the orange light inside the Smog. The ring that was surrounding Houndoom burst upward into the Smog, catching it on fire. Mismagius was lightened up on fire, as well as taking the full force of the move. When the move ended Mismagius stood afloat for a second before collapsing on the ground unconscious.

"Mismagius is unable to fight, Houndoom wins." The referee announced.

"Great job Houndoom!" Ash said just before Houndoom tackled Ash and started licking him. The crowd again going nuts over the win, the combo, and another Dark-type dog pokemon acting like a Lilipup.

"What happened?" Dawn asked breathlessly.

"Inferno is a very tricky move to control. Half the time it misses, so they came up with a way to control it." Zoey started before she was interrupted.

"Smog is very flammable so if the Inferno hits the gas, it will combust. It also carries the same power and effect as Inferno. It always burns the target so the burn is what did Mismagius in as enduring does not protect against status ailments. That said it was a brilliant strategy, turning the terrain to his advantage. That's why he is known as the Terrain Master." Conway explained.

"Talk about rude," Zoey grumbled.

"Hey, I didn't spend countless all-nighters studying pokemon moves just so a redhead can take my spotlight." Conway retorted.

"You wanna say that again?" Zoey half asked half threatened.

"Can we just get back to the battle?" Dawn asked diffusing the situation. Both grumbled and agreed.

Riley, Lucario, and I laughed at the exchange. They were both adorable, trying to impress and get Dawn's attention. Dawn was also very cute being her oblivious self.

"Terrain Master, eh?" I heard Paul murmur, looking at the battlefield intensely. It seems that he's taking this as a learning experience.

"Mismagius return. Take a long rest." Fantina said before turning to Ash and Houndoom smiling at the scene. "Very creative, it is almost like a contest battle." Fantina got their attention.

"Thanks, Fantina. It took a lot of training to pull off." Ash said as he got up and Houndoom took a battle position again.

"I'm going to have to use a special strategy to defeat you. Drifblim out you come!" Fantina called for her strongest pokemon- Drifblim appeared with a spin.

"Let the battle begin!" The referee shouted.

"Smog." Houndoom fired off the toxic gas towards Drifblim.

"Ominous Wind." Drifblim released a purple gust that not only blew away the smog but landed on Houndoom sending him back. However, Houndoom landed on his feet in time to see Drifblim enveloped in a purple light before dissipating.

"Be careful Houndoom. I think they just boosted all their stats." Ash warned as Houndoom tensed.

Oh, how right you are Ash. I thought, wincing internally. How will you get out of this one this time?

"Now for the strategy. Use will-o-wisp on yourself." Fantina ordered shocking everyone in the room. Drifblim materialized multiple purple flames and then let them hit it, giving Drifblim a burn. Surprisingly, Difblim seemed more energized by this. "Ominous Wind." Drifblim sent the eerie wind again and this time Houndoom took more damage hitting the floor hard. Houndoom got back up but was in rough shape.

"Houndoom? Such power." Ash said.

"How do you like Drifblim's Flare Boost?" Fantina asked.

"Flair boost?" Dawn asked.

"Drifblim's ability, if it is burned its special attack raises by a lot," Conway explained while giving Zoey a smug look.

"That means Ash is in trouble. Not only were Drifblim's stats raised by Ominous Wind, but Drifblim powered itself up even further." Dawn gasped.

"Know-it-all," Zoey grumbled under her breath.

"Kill-joy," Conway grumbled back.

"Shadow Ball. Don't let it attack again." Houndoom launched the Ghost-type move.

But Fantina dealt with it easily: "Clear Smog." Drifblim let loose white smoke that not only destroyed the Shadow Ball, which also launched Houndoom into the wall behind Ash, leaving a crater in the wall and knocking Houndoom out.

"Houndoom is unable to battle. Drifblim wins." The referee called out.

"Houndoom, you were amazing, take a long rest," Ash recalled the Fire/Dark-type.

"I didn't know Drifblim could learn Clear Smog," Conway commented.

Zoey was about to make a snarky comment but Fantina overheard. "Neither did I. It was an egg move." Fantina explained.

"Hold on, isn't Drifblim a Ghost-type? How do Ghost-type pokemon even breed?" Dawn asked.

Fantina raised a finger, then lowered it, then rose it, then lowered it, then she put her finger on her chin. She then turned to Drifblim. "How do ghost pokemon breed?" Drifblim did its best impression of a shrug.

The two coordinators looked at Conway. He noticed they were expecting him to answer. "Don't look at me, I said I know almost everything," Conway said.

Even the audience was looking at each other confused as no one even thought of asking that question. Now that it was asked, it was a good question. How do they breed? I turned to Riley and Lucario, who shrugged at the same time. It is no wonder ghost pokemon are known as the most mysterious if we don't even know how they breed. Even Paul looked stumped by the question.

"Potential existential crisis aside. We both have one pokemon left." Fantina pointed out

"You are right," Ash responded as he grabbed Noctowl's Poke Ball. "Noctowl, let's do this!" Ash called out his Noctowl for the final fight. "Be careful Noctowl." Ash cautioned- Noctowl nodded.

"Let the battle begin!" The referee yelled.

"Hidden Power." Drifblim disappeared and reappeared in front of Noctowl with the boost in speed, conjuring up a green ball, and fired it at close range, sending Noctowl back.

"Are you all right?" Ash asked as Noctowl straightened up, Noctowl nodded slowly.

"Swift."/"Shadow Ball." Both trainers commanded at the same time. Drifblim fired stars at Noctowl while Noctowl fired a Shadow Ball at Drifblim. Drifblim's move overpowered Noctowl's and then hit him sending Noctowl back again.

"Finish with Clear Smog." Drifblim fired off the white smoke.

"Just what I was waiting for," Ash said. "Confusion." Noctowl fired off a blue beam that took control of the Clear Smog. "Return to sender." Noctowl sent the Clear Smog back at Drifblim. Just like that Drifblim was hit by its Clear Smog, removing its stat boost from Ominous Wind.

What a genius strategy! I exclaimed internally, Paul's eyes were wide as he realized what had just happened.

"Why did Ash do that?" Dawn asked.

"Clear Smog..." Conway started before being interrupted.

"Clear Smog removes stat changes. While it cannot remove Flare Boost, it can remove the Ominous Wind boost." Zoey explained, much to Conway's dismay.

"Stop taking my spotlight, this isn't a pokemon contest!" Conway complained, Zoey just stuck her tongue out.

"You might have dealt with Ominous Wind, but I still have the advantage. Hidden Power!" Drifbim fired off a green orb which hit Noctowl.

"Noctowl!" Ash yelled.

Noctowl looked as if he had suddenly been filled with the determination to keep ongoing. Letting out a battle cry, Noctowl flapped his wings as hard as he could causing the air around the battlefield to move. Noctowl then created a tornado that enveloped Drifblim. The wind from the tornado was so strong people with hats had to hold onto them.

"This must be Hurricane," Ash commented as the tornado ended and Drifblim was heavily damaged but still able to fight. "Use Hurricane, once more!" Noctowl obliged making another tornado that enveloped Drifblim again. "Shadow Ball rapid-fire." Noctowl fired off multiple shadow balls that swirled around Drifblim in the hurricane before exploding. The explosion ended the Hurricane and Drifblim fell to the ground defeated.

"Drifblim is unable to battle, Noctowl wins. Which means the winner is Ash!" The ref announced as the crowd cheered.

Paul stood up silently and left the gym as Dawn, Zoey, Lucario, and Riley jumped down to join Ash, as he received his badge. I smiled and waved at Ash, before standing up myself and following Paul outside. I quickened my step, so I could walk beside him and I found myself shocked to see the lost look on his face.

"Noctowl learned a new move in the middle of a battle... he did that for his trainer. The same thing happened when he faced Roark, his Froakie evolved into a Frogadier to bring his trainer victory." Paul murmured, looking straight ahead. "I do not understand. How is that possible?"

"Some things are above training and the desire to be stronger," I answered, picking my words carefully. This conversation might break him, if not handled carefully. His beliefs are being questioned, after all. "The bonds of Ash and his pokemon transcend that. They do not only want to become stronger, they want to do it together and for the other. The pokemon fight for Ash and in return he becomes a better trainer for them."

"Am I doing something wrong?" Paul asked.

Not the first time I've heard that question since he met Ash. But this time instead of relief, I felt fear.

"No, not really," I answered carefully. "Each trainer has its own way of training pokemon. I've seen some fighting-type specialists train harder and harsher than you do. But you need to balance things out. It can't be all hard work without a reward. Even you know that the bond you share with Torterra is significantly different from the ones you share with the rest of your pokemon." I sighed. "I know you care for them and do not abuse them... but you do treat them as a means to an end. They, in return, see you the same way. Which is why you won't see them going the extra mile for you and having breakthroughs like Ash." I turned to Paul and met his eyes steadily. "They do not have the inspiration to do it."

We kept on looking at each other in silence for a while, before turning around and returning to our walk to the Pokemon Center. We did not say another word that day and the following day, as I returned to our hometown, I prayed to Arceus, that this time he had listened to me and decided to follow my words or Ash's example.  

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

178K 2.7K 11
In this fanfiction the people of the pokemon world are going to react to the adventures of the chosen one and the battles he fought. They are going t...
33.6K 1K 17
Ash Ketchum who had a ordinary life a trainer till kalos league only to things go upside down as he lost everything in a moment only because he posse...
92.5K 1.4K 28
Join (Y/n) Ketchem and friends on their exciting Pokemon journey. Finished *edited* It's NOT perfect, I did the best I could do, if you don't like i...
1.3K 82 15
In this story male main character is Satoshi( Ash) Ketchum and female main character is Serena Yvonne In this story one boy who live in pallet town...