Sofia's Secret Mafia Brothers

By eleonora18943

Sofia is a 17 years old high school student under the guardianship of her step-father. Several weeks after h... More

Cast
0. Prologue
1. Escape Artist
3. Who Are You, Really?
4. Gunned Down
5. Journey to the Past pt. 1
6. Journey to the Past pt. 2
7. Bella
8. Houston, we have a problem
9. Brothers
10. Hijacked
11. A Place to Call Home
12. New Start
13. Lost Memories
14. The Company
15. Alessandro's office
16. Olive Trees
17. Shopping
18. Sleepless Night
19. Attack is A Form Of Defence
20. Paul
21. Sightseeing with Francesco
22. Pain Inside My Head
23. Another Year
24. I Don't Want to Go to School
25. Reunited
26. Cynthia
27. Bruno & Sofia
28. Bonding time
29. Money and Power
30. Bodyguard
31. Guardian Angel
32. Principessa
33. Return
34. The Extent of Privacy
35. To Keep Her Safe
36. Birthday
37. Luxury
38. Customer service
39. Mafia brothers
40. Enemies
41. Yet Mad I Am Not
42. Sweet High School Life
43. Fake Friends
44. Nothing To Say
45. Devil emoji
46. Two can keep a secret if...
47. Introducing Dogs to Cats
48. On the Road Home
49. Lost time
50. Meaningful conversations
51. It's All Coming Back to Me Now
52. Perfectly Normal Breakfast
53. Bathroom Break
54. Black Sheep
55. Escapism
56. Home Sweet Home
57. Apple Pie Life
58. Invisible Walls
59. Let the Party Begin
60. Family Tree
61. Never Again
62. Can I Sit Here?
63. Therapy Session
64. Impenetrable walls
65. Calm Before the Storm
66. No Time to Cry
67. Exchange
68. Broken Queen
69. Political prisoner
70. She's a ray of sunshine
71. Brilliant Observations
72. Family united
73. Things Getting Better
74. Full House
75. New Leader?
76. No matter what

2. Secret Children

99.7K 2.7K 418
By eleonora18943

Vittorio and Ida.

According to mother's passports, those are the names of Sofia's grandparents. After hours and hours of research, frustration and crying Sofia finally dug out the information about their potential whereabouts. Apparently, they have been renting their apartment in Taormina, Sicily for B&B but the info about it has not been updated since 2013. Most likely they moved out or they're no longer alive.

Nevertheless, Sofia had very limited options at the moment. She could follow the trail or stay at home and she couldn't do that.

It took Sofia around 3 hours to get to Taormina. If she took a bus it would take only 50 minutes but she was broke and lacked option so she had to stand on the main road and wait until someone picks her up.  Hitchhiking was dangerous and she didn't feel comfortable at all especially that the only phone she had was the one with the video of her mother's murder. It didn't have a SIM card so she couldn't use it to call for someone if she needed help. Awesome.

The views were amazing. The Sicilian nature, the landscape was something Sofia could focus on as she was driving in a car with a complete stranger who was a little bit too much talkative. She was depressed and desperate in other words the last thing she needed was talking.

The volcano was making the landscape so unique. Because she was near the coast she could enjoy the views of the Ionian sea. The blooming orange and lemon trees were everywhere and it just felt like she's on another planet where everything is just so colorful and special.

And yet it didn't matter. Her situation was so terrible and depressing that those beautiful views did not bring any joy into her heart. Nothing. She felt nothing. She was moving forward only because her brain was turned on survival mode. She was escaping because she didn't want to end up like her mother or worse.

The bleak reality found here even here in this place that looked like paradise. As she was flying to Catania and traveling to Taormina she fed herself the lie that her grandparents must be waiting for her, that even if mother lost contact with them for an unknown reason they would be there, and they would take care of her. She needed someone, anyone. She was alone right now and it was the worst feeling a person can experience.

When she arrived at the B&B address the place was empty, the whole building looked as if it was uninhabited for years. Broken windows and empty rooms were a confirmation that this is not a place that someone could own and take care of. It was empty.

"Shit. What do I do now?" Sofia muttered tears started flooding into her eyes. She was so fucked. Entirely screwed.

After few minutes of a pep talk, she knocked on the apartment next door.

The doors were opened by an elderly woman who was sporting a bun and blue apron covered in flour.

"Can I help you, dear?" She asked.

"Do you perhaps- sorry" Sofia suddenly realized she's using English instead of Italian. She instantly switched to her second language "Do you perhaps know what happened to the Sanzaro family that lived next door?" She pointed at the green door of the abandoned place.

"Oh, it's such a sad story. Ida was my good fried unfortunately she died last year" she said sadly

"What about her husband?"

The woman looked surprised that she received the follow-up question but she responded nevertheless crushed all Sofia's hope for the happy ending.

"He was construction worker, died at work site a very long time ago"

Sofia really didn't want to tear down in front of that woman but she did. She started furiously wiping her tears when the woman looked at her with a mix of shock and concern.

"Are you okay? Come in dear. I will make you something to drink. How about tea, water, lemonade? I've made a lavender syrup maybe you'd like to try?"

"N-no it's okay. I'm fine. I'm sorry to be bothering you"

"You're not bothering me! Come inside I insist" the woman was completely unbothered by private space she gently pushed Sofia inside, and Sofia wasn't protesting much. She was really tired.

"Thank you"

The woman introduced herself as Rosa Neri.

"So why are you asking about Ida?" Rosa asked curiously.

"I think she might be my grandmother"

"Oddio! Don't tell me you're Catarina's child!"

"I am"

"How old are you?"

"18"

Rosa brows furrowed "Catarina left 17 years ago I don't remember her leaving with a child" okay, that woman was old but sharp. With a good memory, apparently.

"Actually... I'm 17" Sofia admitted ashamed that she was caught lying.

"Why did you lie about your age?" Rosa asked with innocent confusion.

My guardian doesn't know I left the US. I'm here on my own and I'm scared. That's what Sofia wanted to say but she realized that Rosa could call the police if she knew she escaped her home. And she cannot come back there.

"Sorry I was just worried that if you knew I'm underage you would ask me to come back with my mom and she really doesn't want me to find out who my father is"

"I wouldn't ask you to bring her here. She's not welcomed at my house after what she did" Rosa muttered, her voice quickly indicated that my mother was not her favorite person "Where is she now?"

"We're staying in another B&B, it's on the other side of the city" Sofia said.

"That's weird" Rosa muttered, she seemed deeply troubled.

"Why?" Sofia asked anxiously.

"She's not allowed to be here" Rosa said, as if it was obvious.

"What?" Sofia looked at Rosa with complete confusion.

"In this city" Rosa clarified "She was banished after she cheated on Giorgio. They will kill her if they learn she's back"

Well, jokes on them because she's already dead. Sofia wanted to hysterically laugh at the situation. She knew nothing about her mother's life before Italy and it explains why she didn't want to talk about it.

"We're leaving after the weekend" Sofia continued on her lie. "Can you tell me who Giorgio is?"

"Was. He's unfortunately not alive. Don Giorgio was your mother's husband they had three kids together so her betrayal came out as a shock to everyone"

"Did you said three kids together?" Sofia asked with a strained voice. Maybe there was a slight chance she still has someone who can help her.

"Yes. One of them, Valentino, is 18 and he goes to the same High School as my grandson"

"D-Do you know where they live?"

The elderly woman snorted in response "Everyone in the city does but you can't get in uninvited even if it's the matter of life and death for you"

Ok, this conversation was weird from the start but this is new.

"Why not?"

"Guards won't let you in"

"They have guards?" Sofia asked in disbelief. Now that was unbelievable. Who are they?

Rosa looked at me amused "Oh honey, you really don't know anything, don't you?" Sofia nodded her head in confirmation.

"My mom never told me anything about them"

"Sometimes it's better to remain blissfully oblivious," Rosa said and changed the topic. "My grandson should be here soon l you will like him, he's a handsome and responsible young man" she winked at Sofia. "Do you like fettuccine?"

"Oh I don't want to disturb you, thank you for everything-" Sofia was started to get up.

Rosa interrupted her "Nonsense! You need to stay for dinner. Bruno goes to the same school as Valentino he will help you to get to contact with your brother"

She referred to that person as Sofia's brother. For some reason it made Sofia's heart fluttered with joy for a millisecond. But then another uneasy thought entered her mind. What if this brother doesn't want anything to do with her? He might reject her, then what?

She couldn't think about it for too long though.

"Have you ever made fettuccine sauce?" Rosa asked. Sofia shook her head

"No, never"

"Then why are you sitting there? Come closer dear, I will show you"

Sofia did as instructed. The conversation shifted towards the lighter topics as Sofia started helping Rosa. Sofia realized that this granny has a heart of gold. Rosa eventually asked Sofia to call her nonna and with great care, she was showing how to prepare a simple but delicious meal.

The moment they started putting food on the plates Bruno entered the house without knocking.

"I'm home! Hi, granny" A handsome boy with straight brown hair, and blue eyes that somehow reminded Sofia of a puppy entered the house. He gave his grandma a quick peck on the cheek and looked with surprise at the unknown visitor "Who's this?"

"This is Sofia. Ida's granddaughter"

"No way, really?" He looked surprised but his surprise quickly shifted into a nice smile. "Hi, it's nice to meet you"

"It's nice to meet you too" Sofia mumbled shyly and they shook hands.

The heavenly smell of the freshly made food clouded her mind. This place was warm, it had delicious food and good people. For the moment Sofia forgot that she needs to leave soon and sleep on the streets.

Rosa simply explained how Sofia needs to meet Valentino because she might be related to him.

"I can take her to the school for a day" Bruno offered "I can introduce you to my homeroom teacher as a cousin from America or something. I'm sure you will be allowed to hang out in the building for a few hours tomorrow. But I don't know how you will manage to get an audience with Valentino"

"An audience? Is he a Pope or something?"

"Close. He has a high popularity level let's say"

"On Friday Sofia is coming back to the US, you can take her tomorrow, right?"

"Of course. But I can't guarantee they will be fine with her staying there for a day"

"I understand, thank you for trying to help"

"Leave me your phone number and address I will pick you up from there in the morning"

"Actually... it's better if mom won't see us. Can we meet somewhere in the center? I don't have a phone right now so just let me know at what hour should I be there"

"At 7 would be perfect. You don't have a phone?" He looked surprised.

"With mom, we're trying to try living off the grid for a moment"

Sofia wasn't sure if Bruno believed her but both he and Nonna Rosa gave her warm goodbyes.

Now, unfortunately, she would have to spend her first night as a homeless person.

Without having any clear direction she started walking down the narrow road. At least this town was absolutely beautiful.

🔆🔆🔆

When the door behind Sofia closed Bruno said "Something is wrong with this girl. No phone? Catarina's daughter?"

"I agree that she's not telling us everything but she might be telling the truth about being her daughter"

"Or she was sent by someone to get the youngest Ianniello. And if that's the case they will kill us if they find out we helped her"

"Or she's really related to them, and they will owe us a favor"

Bruno sighed and hugged her grandmother. He couldn't just refuse her request but he had a bad feeling about this.

Bruno didn't trust the girl but he couldn't deny she was pretty, very pretty. Short, tiny brunette with warm brown eyes, long eyelashes, and naturally rosy cheeks sprinkled with few barely visible freckles. Very cute.

But he didn't want to see her again. He knew those cute looks were nothing but a deception. She was trouble. Helping her would put him in danger.

So why did he still wanted to do it?

🔆🔆🔆

Please let me know what do you think about the story so far. Do you want to know what happens next? 👀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 20.5K 55
After her dad died and brother went missing she has always felt empty inside. Sofia and her daughter, Sienna have finally got the chance to escape fr...
Caged By Megan

Mystery / Thriller

896K 35.2K 51
They will claim to be her salvation as they take her through hell. Left in the care of her brothers, Isabella starts to realize this as the truth be...
Lost ✔️ By Genius Fetus

Mystery / Thriller

15.1K 2.9K 68
Parents disappeared. Brother disappeared. A stranger lurking in her room. An abusive and greedy aunt looking for an opportunity to do away with her...
59K 1.2K 40
15-year-old Sofia De Ricci accidentally kills her mum's abusive boyfriend and lies to everyone about his death. She believes she has no other family...